Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nastynan13

Chatty Member
New here and took the screen name mostly because it's how I feel for - well... feeling this: Also I have nobody to tell this to so long.... really long - and caps are for stern emphasis not really shouting but more like "SJ get this through your head SVP!"🙏

Here it is:

I used to love watching the old La Lande YT videos - quirky, fun, positive and uplifting. They are currently contrived, cloying and grasping at straws for content. It's a train wreck. I would request that SJ and crew of hangers-on do one good video a week with lots of research instead of what seems to be a money grab with a million "look at me aren't we SO FUN! and isn't this SO FUN! and isn't everyone here SO MUCH FUN!! look we have THEMED parties EVERY NIGHT!! Don't you wish you were here!! Having SO MUCH FUN!!" 😑 so you will come and book a room for €195 (or something crazy like that last time I looked for next summer) a night for shabby room run by randoms and have randoms preparing you food (or better yet, just get your own!) and you will undoubtedly find hair in your food.😳

I cannot stand Thomaz. The whining about "please give me patreon money because everyone told me I should ask for it so its not my fault (insert baby crying here) for asking" so he could travel around Europe not having a job while the rest of the suckers (aka me) work and support him.... sure. So, after seemingly being a favorite, what WAS up with his rather abrupt departure? It was all fun and games and then what? What WAS up with that DISGUSTING laundry room? Quite frankly, please DO NOT have yet another cocktail until you have sorted out stuff like this. Please DO NOT go into another charity shop and BUY ANYTHING until you have put in BASEBOARDS (has everybody seen the unfinished drywall, lack of baseboards, poorly done wallpaper, hallways that look like homeless encampments) .... Please complete these tasks everywhere which is in use for guests in the chateau. It's your business. so please treat it like one. When I SJ NOT treating it like one and buying more crap... its freaking annoying. Please shore up the bits of the chateau which are actually FALLING DOWN. The structure supporting the roof in the older section of the chateau has major issues, you can see major structural cracks in the opening of the show. The terrace has major structural issues, the heating system doesnt work, you need to replace shutters so they dont fall (wth?!!) on peoples heads and KILL THEM, like mummy mentioned in one episode, please replace windows with custom, wood insulated glass, put in french drains, put in insulation and AC where the staff will be living in the attics, put insulation between walls/ceilings so guests don't have to listen to each other snoring or even walking gently (or partying😑) at night and do ALL of this please BEFORE shopping OR before you put the lake back in. The lake and the island and amphitheatre you wish to put in, will cost you about the same as all of these repairs. Have I mentioned please do not buy any more clothing? Please hire as many professionals as you can to do the work. Please clean poo off of and out of places. It's just not sanitary. Its icky. Plus you can sell the bat guano.

Phillip is.... odd.... and has jeans the size of a 10 year old girl (is that mean🤔) plus he is allergic to everything, and the worst thing is 😑 he is ALWAYS THERE. I cant tell if he is in love with SJ or gay and wishes to style her.

Selmar. Love him Love Diesel. Hope he escapes intact. Will someone please get the damn cat fixed.

Marie seems like a lovely lovely person and I hate her flowers. They are terrible. Terrible. I would hope she never reads this because I would hate to hurt her feelings. Apparently she "teaches" online.... how? from online classes she just took?

Hanni-I am sure she is a lovely person - full on SWF, why is she PAYING to stay plus working! then having to LEAVE the room for the night (please put the one night guests in another room!!) then people aren't going with her etc etc... are they icing her out? I mean she seems a little spectrum-y?? Maybe?? But if you accept her in - you accept her in and that's that - you don't then ice her out. It seems like many people - no longer have the SJ "sun" shine on them. Not the men of course, Just the women.

M. Potts. Snake in the grass. Just... a snake.... Either they are sleeping together, or he just wants to sleep with her and she encourages it, or she wants to or they are doing the whole Scarlett O'Hara and Ashley BS .....he just seems to lurk, I just dont like the looks they exchange - it's a bit like when Kim K said " Mr. West is in the House" and I screeched- OMG SHE IS SLEEPING WITH HIM... and of course she was... despite being married to another. I do not trust him. Not one. Tiny. Bit.

The millions of ex's - look my ex slept with everyone and everything that moved- we speak about once a year. We were also married young for about 18 months. We still have civil conversations. Not often but we do. Not talking means something bad went down and there is only one thing the male ego responds to that way. SHE betrayed him... no way does she have ALL of her ex's around but not that one... something baaaaddd went down.... and there is something infantile about her behavior. She seems lovely to be around for a whilep, but isnt anyone else tired? I mean I partied HARD and for a long time but even I had to hang up the dancing shoes.

M. Pethrick (if that's how you spell it) So watching it - albeit very briefly- my thought was wow... this is as boring as real construction. Here's the thing: his dad is a contractor, those beams were exposed, there is no way they didnt know they were rotten. Here is what really happened: He spent all of his money on fancy crap and now he needs more to finish his project. So he literally begged for more money. Disgusting- go get a job and do more of the work yourself. What was wrong with the AGA that didn't need 5 million new parts?

Oliver's wife, deep down, does not like Stephanie, no matter what she says to Oliver or Stephanie's face. She would row past her drowning in a heartbeat.

Last thing: ONE VLOGGER AT A TIME PLEASE - sorry for shouting but is just bizarre and it takes all of the magic out of everything. every. last. ounce.

There. It's all out. I've been holding it all in for months. Nothing like "talking" intimately about someone you have never met! When I 1st started watching I though: It would be fun to go there one day on the way somehwere.... now all I think is: nooooooo
Night all - thanks for listening😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

ChocLili

A Recap (of sorts)

So, what happened there then? You know, in The Chateau Diaries #4 thread. Jarvis in jeopardy? Perhaps Tattle teetering? We attracted the attention of the moderators like gifts are attracted to Lalande; we promise to keep on (one of our many chateau related) topic, not turn our attentions to each other and respect the sliver of privacy our social media subjects still have left.

Despite the gentle reminder of the pesky rules we still managed to muse about our chatelaine’s motivations and attentions, took a critical eye to those folk of Lalande who are there by choice or circumstance and roll our collective eyes at the antics of the “Superfan”. On the superfan topic, fan Facebook pages vying for ‘OFFICIAL’ status did not go unnoticed. New members (all welcome!), some of which may even be the superfans themselves, tested which buttons to push.

We mused as to whether our Chateau characters, including Mummy (with video evidence we think) were lurking. We noticed cryptic signs of such (we are ‘down the rabbit hole’ aren’t we?) and we await with glee a future sign in the Diaries (turn that plate upside down or tap that teacup twice with the teaspoon Lalanders).

Wonderful ditties, poems, limericks (Donegals) and mashed up Christmas lyrics were shared. Photos and posters were expertly produced. We still despaired at the ‘gift grab’ yet we still watched. We over-analyzed the bumpy journey the ‘Trotters’, MP, Ryan, Dan and fam. and others were getting, riding on the silk robe-tails of our fearless chatelaine.

We look forward to December, Christmas ridiculousness, Patreon secrets being shared and weird interpretations of “life, love and laughter” on our small screens.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Raspberrybrulee

That would make sense @sandro37 - your sleuthing is second to none :)(y)

With SJ, she is clearly incredibly privileged however unlike quite a few of you on here, I have no problem with her having patrons and getting ad revenue for her vlogs. She is providing masses of high quality entertainment in return plus the fact that she can now afford to employ staff means she produces even more entertainment. I'm pretty happy with this and I don't begrudge her at all. Her vlogs cheer me up and if she gets 1p from youtube every time I watch one then good for her. Her sunny disposition has a positive effect on me and I enjoy seeing a lifestyle which is different from my own. Plus I get the added bonus of dissecting things on here which gives me additional enjoyment. It's win-win for

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Newb

Long time lurker, first post here. I was moved to write this after the Advent day 2 (invitations and wax seals). It really struck me as I was watching it what a goddamn waste of man-hours it is to be making unnecessary invitations, using a computer, Mandy, Phillip and Stephanie involved in something totally useless. I'm sure there are families in need in the vicinity. I would much rather see them fill hampers or boxes with all the chocolates / biscuits / paraphernalia they have received from viewers and donate them to worthy causes. Stephanie really strikes me as a modern-day Marie Antoinette, sitting in her chateau, totally isolated from real people with real issues (don't tell me she has issues, because hers are not getting food on the table / caring for kids alone / dealing with domestic abuse, like some people are dealing with). Up to now I had defended SJ from everything with the excuse "well, she is bringing so much joy to so many people" but she is literally sitting on a goldmine (of unwanted goods) and not sharing it out. She can't possibly need all that crap.

Another vlogger I follow has refused to ever reveal her address, and when viewers ask in the comments can they please send her a gift she asks them to donate to a local charity for the amount they would have spent on her. I really admire that. When you think how much time, money and energy people have put into packing up 24 gifts for SJ, shipping them halfway around the world... that amount would put food on the table for a family for a week I'm sure. SMH here at the unfairness of it all. I go from CD with all the gilding and glam to my FB feed which shows the women's shelters for women and children fleeing domestic abuse are already full to capacity, and they need pyjamas, food, underwear and money to help these poor people... my heart breaks (yes, I donate there of course).

Stephanie should have put a stop to Chateau Unwrapped after a month or two. It is so wrong on so many levels and I'm sure it gives her palpitations just trying to imagine how she will ever catch up with filming all the unboxing. As it is she already has hundreds / thousands of people feeling like they have bought a way "in" to Lalande and who will be turning up for guided tours and thanks as soon as they can travel. What a nightmare. I would like her to ask people to stop sending things, and to donate instead to people who actually need charity in their locality.

On another note I totally agree that she is exploiting the younger volunteers by filming them so much, it was way out of order sneaking around to their bedrooms after midnight and filming it for the world to see. What if a psycho who has a crush on one of them now breaks in and knows in what room to find them... I wouldn't sleep easy knowing that my whereabouts are broadcast for the world.

Lastly, while I am on a rant, and before I watch Day 3 of Advent and fall back in love with it all. Donating to a large charity such as the ones that have already benefited from the Chateau Unwrapped, is a waste of time. Any research into the big global charities shows that only about 10% of donations actually get to the people / cause. The rest is eaten up by administration. My sister did some work with Barnardo's (helping impoverished children) and she saw first-hand how the staff were squandering money every month on unnecessary luxuries that they could write off as expenses. So do your research. It is so easy, as someone here said, to throw some money at a charity and think you are doing good, rather than spend energy and time looking for ways you can ACTUALLY make a difference.

Sorry for the rant, carry on xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

PeacockQueen

Brenda Gibbons is an amoeba, I fear the whole concept of IP and copyright goes over her head... but where is Nik and MP in all this? Surely they have the wit to understand that there is theft afoot?

So beautifully put, Mojo, I think this is one of the most perfect descriptions of SJ I have ever read, it is almost Joycean; like a line out of Ulysses. That stream of consciousness approach also helps us visualize the enormous pile of woodworm infested, flea-eaten, mangy offcasts being gilden and strategically placed next to vulnerable artwork and structurally significant beams. The irresponsible way SJ treats this chateau is almost infantile... but I do not blame her for this. She has been indulged her entire life, and serious responsibilities are too plain, tiresome and dull for such a sparkling personality. Chateau de La Lande needs an adult at the helm.
Bravo!

Whilst I do like LOTL and enjoy her bon vivant vim and boho bonhomie spirit, I do find myself a trifle perplexed by the vast swaths of absolute rotten trash she insists on keeping about the place. Bringing down worm infested bedframes and mildewed moth eaten fabrics galore from the attics to tart up and re-use as if they have some historical worth or significance when anyone can see they are fit only for a bonfire.

Clearly the reason the previous family dumped all that rubbish in the attic in the first place was because it meant absolutely nothing to them financially or sentimentally or they would have taken it with them! SJ seems to think they lovingly bestowed her with their cherished family heirlooms for her to restore and care for for future generations- she cannot see the reality - they just couldn't be arsed to clear out their junk and they could see she would just lap it up with squeals of joy.

I honestly thought she was joking at first when she brought down that ridiculously rotten creche. Poor Selmar did his best to let her down gently - you could visibly see part of his soul dying inside as his eyes drank in the sheer horror of the worm motel before him - the realisation dawning that she expected him to bring back its glory with a bit of sandpaper and lick of paint - he's such a gent

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Sigh...having watched the Advent calendar,- I did find that my feelings (the not honorable ones) towards the Chatelaine are not the same. I partly blame you all here. ;) I kept wondering how she'd be if she had children. Would she be less selfish? I don't know...I have seen people change for the better when they have kids, but I also have friends that are not parents and who are brilliant, sensitive, kind, caring. Personality is not supposed to be changeable, still nothing has changed me more (and for the better) than becoming a father. Well, I am not going to join in any psychobabble, I just suddenly found her less attractive because she appears greedy and selfish. I don't know what triggered it, perhaps the way she goes on about collecting items. I like nice things too, and I have worked hard for them, but it is not an obsession...I don't know why I suddenly felt a sort of dislike to her, help me out here if you have seen the calendar!? :confused: Is it me, am I just getting bored with her, or is she showing less admirable traits? Perhaps I just need my sleep. On a positive note,- young Phillip has a great voice! Don't be mean to his nostrils, he did not dig them himself. I like him, he means well and seems a good guy. He has manners and is genuine. Any fun news about the Trotters?

• Heart
  • Haha

ChocLili

Good news! Don’t worry about Dear Brenda’s knock-off factory. I’m starting my own range of bespoke chocolate to compliment my custom tea-towels (see thread way back when; any resemblance to existing product is entirely unintentional).

98D5AFF0-0B1B-4AB6-92C9-2AFD456691CA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

ChrissyNH

I like the fact that Cat is not bothered about being seen in her tracky bottoms and short vest. We know she can look lovely when she scrubs up and dons a ‘medieval’ dress. So refreshing to see a young woman without obvious vanity and who doesn’t fawn over every cheap trinket or piece of tat. Go Cat!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

ChocLili

My partner's reaction upon viewing Marie's flower arrangement last night: "It looks like the pile of sweepings after I cut the hedge the other day". 😂
If you listen very carefully at 17:23 you can just make out a muffled voice coming from within the reupholstered furniture (where is Hanni really?); “appalling arrangement”.

• Haha
  • Heart

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
I'm sorry but as an artist myself that wrapping paper deal is so cringe. It cheapens it and basically it's going to be tossed in the garbage. There is no way I would sell my art as a pdf download especially for that price. If her father was protecting his art, she's not doing him any favours that way. She'd be best to turn his work into a gorgeous coffee table book, something tangible. Not that crap. Sorry, I just had to rant about it.

• Heart

pettyicequeen

Ah, it has been so refreshing lately to read here, it makes me want to come out of lurking again - people finally catching on when it comes to the more disturbing parts of chateau life, commenters bringing up stuff I've been saying since the first Lalande forum thread, but usually got shouted down by tone-policing fans here. I THINK most of those fans have left by now, hmmm. Ah, such a balm to my soul to have the snark firmly back in this forum!

I find it incredibly hard to watch the advent videos. The magic definitely has gone for me, but then I have been struggling with Stephanie's behaviour since summer, noticing more and more weird stuff going on. I don't really see her as a full-blown narcissist (have one like that in the family so I know a bit about their mannerism), but she is unbelievably self-centered and feeds off other people's adoration. Her obsession with getting gifts is distasteful, she just seems to need copious amounts of "stuff" every day, piling up useless trash in abandoned, half-crumbling rooms that poor volunteers keep trying to empty out again, in an endless spiral of useless materialism. As so many here have said, she seems to be more about the idea of being a chatelaine than actually taking proper care of the chateau - anything that isn't glamorous just doesn't get done unless a poor volunteer puts energy into it, and even then S. so often seems to sabotage their efforts.

I hope someone is taking care of poor Ruby in this cold weather. I always felt uneasy seeing S. being so indifferent towards that sweet cat. And for god's sake Marie, LEAVE before this chateau sucks the last bit of energy and positivity out of you. She used to be so sweet, now she can't even smile anymore without looking exhausted afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

frenchessence

Chatty Member
I regard Selmars videos like some vacation videos from family members. Nothing professional, sometimes boring, but you watch them because it's family 😊
Wait till he starts getting the photo albums out 🥱 😉
can I just add, that all these fellas have just BAs from some BS fields like literature, modern history or political science but are all so proud to attend Oxbridge non of them is capacity in their field nor works in it anymore, but they all love to party together and feel self-important and unique 👏👏👏

sure do the videos, I am learning a lot (porcelain and such) just don't exploit vulnerable people (either young or naive ones) by telling them that you and mummy need saving or that you might not make it through the winter, so people send you family heirlooms and then go to party or luxury vacation to Venice, Vermont or South Africa
@sandro37 I couldn’t agree more. Your analysis is always so interesting and informative on many levels. Like @Raspberrybrulee I enjoy the sheer escapism of the CD’s. and I’m a fan of SJ - although perhaps a little less so having hung out with you lot ! I still watch the tedious cringe-fest that’s the CATC sometimes, though mostly to continue my total bemusement at SJ’s ability to ooo and aahh over a packet of crisps or a bag of sherbet lemons from Poundland.

Back at the beginning of these Threads, like many, I was questioning why people (particularly top tier patrons) would give so much to a woman who has SOOO MUCH ? And now, knowing what we do, I’m even further astounded that SJ can pull in such huge sums .... $5 for extra vlogs, well ok, although I’m not even going to give that to a girl who is literally the most pampered, privileged person I’ve come across for a long while. She is sunny and funny but let’s face it, she’s actually a ‘Party Girl’ who’s never had a job, indulged by her parents, and whose inner circle are (love your description @sandro37 ’self important’ and ‘unique’) Pretty Oxford Boys & what looks to be a bunch of ‘Good Time Girls’ (as my grandmother used to call them 😉😄) I’m happy to watch the odd advert to give her the income but, at the end of the day, it seems fairly audacious to have the background and education she does, to lead the fairly vacuous life she has as a castle-owning fake princess .... and THEN play the ‘Poor Me’ card ...

And yes, who pays nearly €3,000 for a bed head and yet leaves outstanding work for the Chapel for six years ?

One final thing, having read all the info provided by you sleuths on this new Gin and Sin thread, whilst I still find Isobel quite harsh at times, I have new found sympathy for the utter frustration she must feel (particularly having been such a worker herself) at having a daughter who is beautiful, clever and talented, but who has clearly spent most of her life partying and laying in bed till noon. At least SJ is working at SOMETHING now she is a vlogger 😁 I think I can hear Isobel breathing a sigh of relief all the way from South Africa :-

Or something funny like Mr Blobby or a dinosaur :ROFLMAO:
Brilliant 👏👏👏 😂 🐈⬛ 🧙‍♀️ That’s SPOT ON ! I noticed whenever they play dress up she is always Queen Bee. Literally. She cannot party without making an entrance. I should think no-one dares challenge her on the Fancy Pants Dress up front. I forget which vlog it was, the one where Potty wrote the script ... I recall he gave her the character ‘Dream Girl’ (wonder what his girlfriend Ruth thought of that) SJ arrived sashaying and swishing into the room ... the most glamorous girl at the party .

She will find it very difficult growing older if she doesn’t relinquish her crown at some stage. Remember Whatever Happened to Baby Jane ? 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

burnrave

I'm surprised that SJ is seen to have no empathy. She reads body languages quite well, based on how she reacts through her voice and facial expression to each individual she interviews and talks to (e.g. more 'fun' with Cat and more reserved with Selmar). SJ does not strike me as an outlier in narcissistic behaviour, especially when she manages to hold on to so many relationships, old [from uni] and new [volunteers]. People with little or no empathy rarely are able to hold on to such relationships. Surely I'm not alone in thinking this way???

I don't disagree that she exaggerates her actions or recollection of memories, but there is a certain level of narcissism in every single one of us (e.g. believing what we say to be true or facts without considering alternatives or that our thought processes are flawed), especially so for those who enjoy performing and others on YouTubeland. Regardless, any psychologist worth their salt would never diagnose a person they did not interact with for a prolonged period of time.

Anyway I'm bored with the advent videos... Could be because we don't celebrate Christmas in the traditional way here at home. But I can't get over the wreath. Didn't they have a bigass red bow the previous years on their wreath? Either in photos or their older videos...?

• Heart

ChocLili

Patreon

‘Twas yellow, and the slithy gifts
Did lie and jumble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the vandergrifts,
And the hedge hogs outgrabe.

“Beware the Patreon, my girl
The face that books, the threat to stalk!
Beware the Super Fan, and twirl
The frumious idle talk!”

She took her vorpal lens in hand;
Long time the manxome foe she sought-
So rested she by the Jacaranda tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in La La thought she stood,
The Patreon, with monthly pledge,
Came whiffling through the chateau wood,
And murmered at the edge!

One, two! One two! And through and through
The vorpal lens did capture all!
She took all credit, and with an edit
She was star of the ball.

“And hast thou drained the Patreon?
Come to my fans, my Philip toy!
O frame it today! Callooh! Callay!”
She chortled in her joy.

‘Twas yellow, and the slithy gifts
Did lie and jumble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the vandergrifts,
And the hedge hogs outgrabe.

with apologies to Lewis Carroll

• Haha
  • Heart

Raspberrybrulee

Well if we're declaring our camps then I'm firmly in the "I love Stephanie but still like to have the odd snark and find the present opening super cringey" camp. For ease, from now on it will be known as the ILSBSLTHTOSAFTPOSC camp :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Mand

I’ll be short and sweet because I’m on an antique phone with a tiny screen. Between houses (house move ) and devoid of computer. My thumb is my stunted pen.
I was really taken aback by SJ’s weird presentation of the PDF downloads of her father’s work. Imagine coasting along on the “never sold his work” thing, only to turn it into landfill fodder.
I am so sad to see these works turned into rolls of gift wrap. Her advent video tears about the wrapping paper were the end for me. She didn’t even know which paper it was. This year’s, last year’s? As if she had forgotten that her fathers precious paintings had been transformed into wrapping paper, delivered to the chateau, and she thought she was somehow using last years leftovers?
I’ve followed these vlogs since the spring, and I fell in love with the initial project before it all got out of control. The first time I saw a package addressed to the chateau visible on the vlog, I held my breath and thought, “F*ck. Trouble ahead.” I’d never put my address out there. And then the gifts and the superfan thing exploded.

Our threads are changing and that’s good. Always interesting to glean new perspectives. I’d like to think that some of this filtered back through to the admin ladies at Lalande. Still miss my faves @soll and @Calvignac. I’d love to have their slant on the new directions this discussion is going.

Tonight’s advent blog was pants,

Night night from packing boxes central. Thumbs signing off. X

• Heart

Espe

VIP Member
I agree that the other women looked so much better than SJ in their black outfits. I thought her flapper dress made her look much older than she is! It does surprise me that so many are taken in by this pleasure palace and shower LOTL with money and gifts. It's pretty obvious that she is way beter off than most of her fans. The whole chateau and its "restoration" are to provide a showcase for LOTL and her outfits. She's not restoring it for the nation as a historic building or she would ensure that its contents were historically accurate, and not full of a few historically correct objects plus a load of gaudy kitsch. It's purely a stage setting for a spoilt 45 year old child who desperately seeks attention. Even the workshops provide a stage for her, the organisers probably have to agree to let her perform in the final concert. It's only a matter of time until she becomes the model for a life drawing or portrait painting art workshop. Professional singers, actors, T.V. presenters, etc., have to work extremely hard to earn their living. SJ has a load of young minions to do the hard work for her in exchange for board and lodging, a few cocktails, and a robe supplied free of charge to Steph from the makers. She makes some vlogs, performs on them and then lounges around enjoying the gin and the attention. I'm sorry to sound harsh, I admit I still watch and need to wean myself off this charade but I am certainly not going to support a self-obsessed person's lifestyle by sending money, porcelain or even seeds! There are more worthy causes out there.

On another point, did anyone else note that the minions were all drinking from glass cocktail glasses and SJ and PP had the silver ones? It's gold seals again!

• Heart
  • Haha

Raspberrybrulee

I'm pretty sure Isabelle will have imparted lots about French culture to Stephanie and remember Stephanie went to stay with her French grandmother every summer from a very young age so she will have been immersed in French culture then. She seems to have a good understanding of all things French as far as I can see although she may choose not to adopt all aspects of French life as she was brought up in Scotland and England with an Irish father so probably goes with what is familiar. She clearly cherry picks her favourite bits of whichever cultures most suit her which is definitely what I'd do

@nastynan13 Nic invited Stephanie and her partner Mason to go with them on the Orient Express - not just her. They are all very good friends as far as I can see.

I also don't think Stephanie is a narcissist although she does have a few traits but as someone said upthread, I'm sure most of us will have a couple too.

@pettyicequeen it's great to have you back! As you know I'm a Stephanie fan and I'm here to add a bit of balance although I am happy to join in with any justified snarking (eg in relation to Cadeaux at the Chateau which I don't enjoy or any shady behaviour by SJ or anyone else) as opposed to general gratuitous snarking for snarking's sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Does SJ EVER miss an opportunity to display her boobs and/or legs? I mean, come on, woman, you're in your l late 40s, for pete's sake. Have some dignity!
She is 45 and has wonderful legs and the rest is not bad either. Why shouldn't she show what she's got. Don't like these fashion-cops telling people what to wear "at your age". Sorry
BUT I noticed that the other women were all dressed in black as if by chance.......
SJ askes Marie at around 15:00 what she would wear for the party and Marie replys that she had sent SJ a picture of one of SJs dresses that she would like to wear, to ask if she was allowed to. Answer SJ "The answer is always yes." Well, it's filmed by PP..........
And then at the cocktail-party,
SJ is the only woman dressed in the "Great Gatsby theme", in a light dress, shiny, gleaming, glittering. The others........ dark. 🤷‍♀️

Can't imagine that the dress Marie is wearing comes from SJs closet and if, there was nothing more cocktail-party-like ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 21