The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄🌲🎄
Dear thumbs

You took all my words -OUT of my head and expertly and precisely presented them 🥳🥳
Could not agree more 😎

On the unpacking side .... small and steady
Your home now ... be kind to you 🤗

I’ll add the most disappointing thing is LOTL seems ...
IMO to be suffering from the LACK of intelligence to STOP 🛑 believing the hype

that now as A vlogger all her work is PArFEeeeCT...thrusting PP down our throats as if we WILL get to like him and his FUN

It’s BLOODY CREEPY...

Thread 🧵 one many ppl had issues with the gift 🎁 giving .... marveled at her ability to ohh and ahhhh at charity shop shite ... mini mummy aprons .... it’s beyond greedy now - LOTL is incapable of hiding the upstairs downstairs syndrome

You can Look 👀 but it’s ALL mine ....🤨
and no amount of Opera acting can conceal her inability to share ....
shame she HAD potential however when her super fans have to beg to ... get Stephanie to 100k subscribers 😤
When Petherick went global in 2 months ..... says a lot 🤪
@MojoDublin We need to have a wee coffee and a natter. 😂 That would be craic, tattle style.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've just watched the latest CATC, I really don't know why because there is so little to like. Selmar looked so bored! Also interesting that Marie and Cat never appear in them any more, I wonder if that's deliberate on their part?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good morning to our chatty little group! So, shall I start the ball rolling with ‘What the hell was that whole queen flanked by her courtiers on the bed thing?’. I am starting to see things very differently. Oh, and ‘Red is my second favourite colour’... Double bluff? ‘I took one for the team and slummed it with a gold seal so that Cat could have my preferred choice?’ Time for a second coffee I think...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
So, I couldnt do it today... I just COULD. NOT. DO. IT. Its came up on the feed.... I saw the grinning monkeys - especially the tiny baby mini jeans- and I just thought... no... no... NO. NOT TODAY. YOU WILL NOT SMOTHER ME WITH YOUR FAKE SUNSHINY DAY. And I gasped for breath. 😑

So I decided to read the comments. WORSE. somehow it just out me into a sugar coma.

Where did it all go wrong? I felt Like Cher in clueless, when her minion turns on her - only, I am said slovenly minion....

Now I just want to not hear a PEEP until all of the FREAKING WORK is done... then come back to me with a highlight reel.... and for *&@ sake... dont buy anything or take a mini break, or drink something morning noon and night OR GET UP AT NOON Marie Antoinette 🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
If I’m honest, the new Advent diaries lacked the magic and spontaneity of last year’s. She did mention MP quite genuinely I thought and maybe they bring out the best in each other...
Totally agree.. Together they bounced off eachother.. It was natural banter, Phillip and SJ, is very false IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Totally agree.. Together they bounced off eachother.. It was natural banter, Phillip and SJ, is very false IMO
I have given up and am now just watching last year’s Advent calendar again. Highly recommend it. Caught the one about the Icelandic tradition of giving books at Christmas and MP read Dickens and SJ was of course running around in a skippy nightie. Somethings never change. But it was so nice not to see endless wrapping paper beit from AUS or downloaded from the computer. Poor Michael must be dying to see this year’s Xmas Diaries.

• Heart
I have given up and am now just watching last year’s Advent calendar again. Highly recommend it. Caught the one about the Icelandic tradition of giving books at Christmas and MP read Dickens and SJ was of course running around in a skippy nightie. Somethings never change. But it was so nice not to see endless wrapping paper beit from AUS or downloaded from the computer. Poor Michael must be dying to see this year’s Xmas Diaries.
I’m not watching the advent ones for entertainment value — well not in the traditional sense! Someone in the comments asked if all of the diaries were going to be presented in that room because, like me, they find it extremely claustrophobic... MP has many faults and I don’t think all of them can be helped but he is a good foil for SJ. Someone else also asked what PP actually does. He is nothing more than a lapdog, however pleasant he is. And all that nodding. Reminds me of those things that used to go in the back of the car. Over to you @ChocLili for the design please!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m not watching the advent ones for entertainment value — well not in the traditional sense! Someone in the comments asked if all of the diaries were going to be presented in that room because, like me, they find it extremely claustrophobic... MP has many faults and I don’t think all of them can be helped but he is a good foil for SJ. Someone else also asked what PP actually does. He is nothing more than a lapdog, however pleasant he is. And all that nodding. Reminds me of those things that used to go in the back of the car. Over to you @ChocLili for the design please!
4736A84A-4BAD-43DB-921A-561FCB3FBCCF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ll be short and sweet because I’m on an antique phone with a tiny screen. Between houses (house move ) and devoid of computer. My thumb is my stunted pen.
I was really taken aback by SJ’s weird presentation of the PDF downloads of her father’s work. Imagine coasting along on the “never sold his work” thing, only to turn it into landfill fodder.
I am so sad to see these works turned into rolls of gift wrap. Her advent video tears about the wrapping paper were the end for me. She didn’t even know which paper it was. This year’s, last year’s? As if she had forgotten that her fathers precious paintings had been transformed into wrapping paper, delivered to the chateau, and she thought she was somehow using last years leftovers?
I’ve followed these vlogs since the spring, and I fell in love with the initial project before it all got out of control. The first time I saw a package addressed to the chateau visible on the vlog, I held my breath and thought, “F*ck. Trouble ahead.” I’d never put my address out there. And then the gifts and the superfan thing exploded.

Our threads are changing and that’s good. Always interesting to glean new perspectives. I’d like to think that some of this filtered back through to the admin ladies at Lalande. Still miss my faves @soll and @Calvignac. I’d love to have their slant on the new directions this discussion is going.

Tonight’s advent blog was pants,

Night night from packing boxes central. Thumbs signing off. X
Ditto. Wrapping Paper Emotional Melt-Down left me feeling ... waaaaat ??? How could she possibly not be able to identify what’s coming in or out of the chateaLet’s remember SJ ultimately has the final word on what is, or isn’t left in the edited vlog.
So, I couldnt do it today... I just COULD. NOT. DO. IT. Its came up on the feed.... I saw the grinning monkeys - especially the tiny baby mini jeans- and I just thought... no... no... NO. NOT TODAY. YOU WILL NOT SMOTHER ME WITH YOUR FAKE SUNSHINY DAY. And I gasped for breath. 😑

So I decided to read the comments. WORSE. somehow it just out me into a sugar coma.

Where did it all go wrong? I felt Like Cher in clueless, when her minion turns on her - only, I am said slovenly minion....

Now I just want to not hear a PEEP until all of the FREAKING WORK is done... then come back to me with a highlight reel.... and for *&@ sake... dont buy anything or take a mini break, or drink something morning noon and night OR GET UP AT NOON Marie Antoinette 🤬
All of it. especially Get up at noon Marie-Antoinette 😂😂🤣👏👏👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree with the Advent room being claustrophobic. They are suppose to getting the chateau ready and decorated for Christmas - that's how they describe the series. Last year's was natural, fun, and most of us were doing something similar in our homes. I think they have tried to show usage of some presents received. They could be up in mummy's kitchen cooking different elements from around the world, or in the grand salon decorating, cleaning the silver, making a christmas playlist, regifting. I think MP2 is the creative ideas man in this partnership.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wasn’t the objection of SJ’s father not selling his art because he didn’t want the originals to be sold? Understood it to be a reason why he didn’t want his art exhibited even if it may potentially raise his profile as an artist. Even if he can sell prints later on, it would also mean his original pieces would be up for sale. Not sure how it works even though I did work with a number of artists previously now that I think about it.

Astonished at the feedback here regarding the wrapping paper. So... it is rubbish of SJ to profit from her father’s art (which belongs to her...) but it’s also rubbish of her to take money from patrons instead of finding ways to profit from what she has?? Doesn’t she get just the 5 or 10 euro? The printing is really for those who want to splurge on custom printed paper or fabric (can you imagine the cushions they will receive now in the print...) and they are paid directly to these printing companies instead of her.

For 5 or 10 euro, a digital copy of an art print isn’t too expensive. Good on Steve for digitalising it even as he screwed up quite a few gifts videos! I hope this is one of the ways SJ is thinking of moving away from putting her life so publicly out there and building up some extra money from this and letting the world own something that her dad created. Although doesn’t seem feasible because she wouldn’t have control over where the print will appear which is worse!!

That said, I thought her sudden emotional state at the wrapping paper was abrupt editing at its best, and falseness at its worst.

• Heart
I've just watched the latest CATC, I really don't know why because there is so little to like. Selmar looked so bored! Also interesting that Marie and Cat never appear in them any more, I wonder if that's deliberate on their part?
They don't get any presents sent that's why

• Heart
Reactions: 5
On charities, I worked in a couple and we were always subjected to scrutiny over our purchases due to the law in place. I’m not sure if it’s the same elsewhere in the world though. But had they donated to a smaller charity that is unknown, it may also be a waste of resources if it were a duplicate of services or research that was already being done in the larger or leading organisations. Could go on and on about the good intentions of ground up initiatives against the advantage of consolidating social services to reduce duplication... I just don’t think it’s fair to be pointing out where the money goes unless some tit arises from these organisations to make the general public doubt their integrity.

Saw that they have posted about the recipients and amount recently. In response to questions here?

Wasn’t the objection of SJ’s father not selling his art because he didn’t want the originals to be sold? Understood it to be a reason why he didn’t want his art exhibited even if it may potentially raise his profile as an artist. Even if he can sell prints later on, it would also mean his original pieces would be up for sale. Not sure how it works even though I did work with a number of artists previously now that I think about it.

Astonished at the feedback here regarding the wrapping paper. So... it is rubbish of SJ to profit from her father’s art (which belongs to her...) but it’s also rubbish of her to take money from patrons instead of finding ways to profit from what she has?? Doesn’t she get just the 5 or 10 euro? The printing is really for those who want to splurge on custom printed paper or fabric (can you imagine the cushions they will receive now in the print...) and they are paid directly to these printing companies instead of her.

For 5 or 10 euro, a digital copy of an art print isn’t too expensive. Good on Steve for digitalising it even as he screwed up quite a few gifts videos! I hope this is one of the ways SJ is thinking of moving away from putting her life so publicly out there and building up some extra money from this and letting the world own something that her dad created. Although doesn’t seem feasible because she wouldn’t have control over where the print will appear which is worse!!

That said, I thought her sudden emotional state at the wrapping paper was abrupt editing at its best, and falseness at its worst.
You make a good point. SJ's father did not want to sell his original art, and it is displayed all over her home, reminding of her of him all the time. With the advent (pun intended) of digitalisation, she is now able to make his artwork, firstly into beautiful wrapping for herself, and what is more, getting it for free as she will make money from the downloads. I think her Dad would be proud. His original artwork is not being sold, but being enjoyed by a wider audience. She has said she will be making prints of her father's artwork for her higher tiered patreons anyway. I am sure he would have been pleased to have those who admire his daughter, enjoying his art. And as you so rightly point out, it is hers now to do with as she wishes. As I said in an earlier post, it is a genius idea and I wish I had thought of it.

• Heart
I really hope Selmar does not stay for 10 years as he mentioned. I would hate to see him corrupted. At present, he looks as if he thinks so much of it is a huge joke, but it will cease to be so amusing as time goes on. There is surely only so much of it that a wise, sensible soul could tolerate. Marie W is obviously already very negatively affected by it all. How long could anyone stay there if they opt of out of SJ's shenanigans? SJ does not seem to have any interest in ethical views on the environment, etc.. Last year, at Easter, she bought loads of gaudy plastic egg cases in which to put the eggs for the Easter egg hunt. Marie pointed out that some would get left behind in the woods and pollute the environment or harm the animals. They could also have ended up in the moat but Stephanie ignored her, and went ahead with it. What LOTL wants, LOTL gets. If she wants the gold seal, she gets the gold seal, regardless of anyone else. Cat bravely challenges the acquisition of more stuff but nothing will cure SJ of her acquisitive habits and materialism.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in Nic and Marie's cottage. Marie is lovely and the most mature and sensible of all the characters. I am sure Nic thought buying and restoring the chateau would eventually provide a lovely home. He could not have predicted what a soap opera it would turn out to be. No doubt, he's grateful for SJ being there, overseeing things, and raising money but he was against the gift giving and probably won't stand it all for ever. And yes, Antoine is lovely but they should withdraw him from the vlogs. Nic does appear daft in those paper bags and chicken heads; surely SJ could just not point the camera in his direction. She constantly draws attention to him anyway by repeatedly calling him "elusive". She would drive any sane person crazy after about a month of them being fascinated by her positivity but fakery and self-obsession are clearly emerging!
Nic' s slap in the face to her antics and his only control.?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do wonder if the new Advent vlogs will turn out to be thinly-disguised promotions 😔
God forgive me, but I was very tempted to order a gown after the Sinterklaas vlog and scrolled through the linked website for ages trying to decide which £70 design I'd like to float down the staircase in on Christmas morning 🤭🤭🤭
Slept on it for 24 hrs though and decided to order my daughter a £60 Harry Potter Lego set instead 🎉 Sorry SJ 😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just seen that last year's more colourful mediaeval wrapping paper, copied from a painting by SJ's father and shown on last year's advent vlogs, is on sale on Zazzle for £9.95 for 3 sheets. There are images of parcels wrapped in it. Unless people are wrapping very large gifts, the effect of the painting is totally lost as the figures are so large. Although the colours looked lovely in her vlog last year, it just does not work with anything other than a huge gift!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
so I am watching CATCH (or better known as GRAB) because I felt inspired by @Viva La Loca 's post
27:45 watch Selmars making faces at Nutty when he hears "Dearest goddess Stephanie" - Nutty says ooo and then she glimpses at Selmar - we see you, kids, we know you had enough

btw anyone knows what kind of license she is selling the picture under?
I must say that they rehearsed the smile at the end and they look a bit more natural

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.