The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
or from which fund it went from, I guess business expenses :m

it is because mary sees her now for what she is and dares to challenge her, tell her no and ask not so correct questions
on the other hand I believe that steffi is tired of pretending that mary has any talent arranging anything (I wonder how her food tastes like - was the Nigella flower seeds a hint that she should stay in the kitchen?)
I think the seeds were from the superfan who supplied the seed advent gifts...

Reactions: 5
I think the seeds were from the superfan who supplied the seed advent gifts...
it didn't skip me that they were from a fan but imagine how many other gifts entered the doors of the castle, why to pick this one? 🤔

someone suggested to watch the previous AC, so I did yesterday and indeed it was lighter and fun (even MP was easily digestible), I noticed many things which now make me cringe and question what I see but still it was watchable unlike this strange war between worship (PP) and passive aggressivity ( 👑 & Marie)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
it didn't skip me that they were from a fan but imagine how many other gifts entered the doors of the castle, why to pick this one? 🤔
It’s obviously a bit early for me today as I’m not getting it! I get the Nigella part obvs but there have been seeds every day from Beryl — for Isabelle usually...

• Heart
It’s obviously a bit early for me today as I’m not getting it! I get the Nigella part obvs but there have been seeds every day from Beryl — for Isabelle usually...
I see, it might be why they put it in, I just noticed how it made mary feel

Reactions: 3

someone suggested to watch the previous AC, so I did yesterday and indeed it was lighter and fun, I noticed many things which now make me cringe and question what I see but still it was watchable unlike this strange war between worship and passive aggressivity (not just from Marie)
Yes I mentioned that a while back — definite lack of spontaneity this time round. And that flower arrangement is confusing me. Is Marie being free spirited and not kowtowing to cliché holly and ivy or is she being passive aggressive and deliberately sabotaging the formal, traditional aesthetic? Or doing her signature thing regardless of whether it fits in with the client’s brief like in those interiors programmes. The plastic squirrel with its POS plastic loop is basically a blindingly obvious two-finger gesture at the display on the part of SJ...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes I mentioned that a while back — definite lack of spontaneity this time round. And that flower arrangement is confusing me. Is Marie being free spirited and not kowtowing to cliché holly and ivy or is she being passive aggressive and deliberately sabotaging the formal, traditional aesthetic? Or doing her signature thing regardless of whether it fits in with the client’s brief like in those interiors programmes. The plastic squirrel with its POS plastic loop is basically a blindingly obvious two-finger gesture at the display on the part of SJ...

Exactly this. I get that she is trying to cultivate a rustic, at one with nature, braless flowerchild whimsy persona but she only has ONE style which she simply repeats over and over because it's what she personally likes. She does not seem aware that that is not a floristry business, that's a hobby.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I preferred the fireplace as it was BEFORE the shocking “flower” arrangement. I’m probably going to get shot down in flames, but not a huge fan of Marie tbh. I’ve always thought her a tad surly and pretty average in the floristry department. Speaking as a florist myself, I feel qualified to say this. God, why am I still watching it...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
My partner's reaction upon viewing Marie's flower arrangement last night: "It looks like the pile of sweepings after I cut the hedge the other day". 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Nigella seeds are a spice so probably given to Marie to use in her cooking.

Reactions: 2
I believe she simply can't do otherwise. Somebody once told her her centerpiece is beatiful and now she is doing those for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 4
now when I think about it, what if, we are witnessing a battlefield, where there is one dig in form of the nigella seeds and then Mary returns the favour in the form of the shadiest arrangement ever and pincessa comes back with the plastic 🐿 on top of it
Because the flowers looked a bit old and wonky especially the dead fern almost saying that they are over it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My partner's reaction upon viewing Marie's flower arrangement last night: "It looks like the pile of sweepings after I cut the hedge the other day". 😂
If you listen very carefully at 17:23 you can just make out a muffled voice coming from within the reupholstered furniture (where is Hanni really?); “appalling arrangement”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I preferred the fireplace as it was BEFORE the shocking “flower” arrangement. I’m probably going to get shot down in flames, but not a huge fan of Marie tbh. I’ve always thought her a tad surly and pretty average in the floristry department. Speaking as a florist myself, I feel qualified to say this. God, why am I still watching it...
Yes, agree that arrangement left a lot to be desired. I would have stripped the mantelpiece and put a lovely long arrangement of holly, ivy, other winter berries, some white Poinsettia and maybe a few baubles here and there with the candles and fairy lights. Ok, quite traditional but it works! Sad I haven’t got a fireplace 😞.

now when I think about it, what if, we are witnessing a battlefield, where there is one dig in form of the nigella seeds and then Mary returns the favour in the form of the shadiest arrangement ever and pincessa comes back with the plastic 🐿 on top of it
Because the flowers looked a bit old and wonky especially the dead fern almost saying that they are over it
But it gave the opportunity for S and P to look at each other in a conspiring way - they aren’t having any skanky flower arrangement spoiling their festive lair. They will do their best to sabotage it by covering it up with more tat! Those tulips won’t last anyway, and they will ‘forget’ to water it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Done mine with a mixture of real and fake holly, ivy and mistletoe with a few tea lights in mercury tea light (fake/flickering) holders. Cheap and cheerful but very effective and Christmassy! They could have done that for heavens sake! Lost the bloody plot!

• Heart
SJ has said from the beginning of these Advent vlogs that the Winter Salon is the traditional one with reds, greens and golds etc. This room the less traditional one with blues and silver/white so I think Marie followed that brief and stayed true to her own style.
Sorry to go against the general feeling here🙂

Reactions: 15
SJ has said from the beginning of these Advent vlogs that the Winter Salon is the traditional one with reds, greens and golds etc. This room the less traditional one with blues and silver/white so I think Marie followed that brief and stayed true to her own style.
Sorry to go against the general feeling here🙂
It's a bedroom come studio. The audience wants to see the chat-oo coming to life for Christmas, not a B&B room in the old wing. Are they going to do Cat's promised cooking episode over a candle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just can't bring myself to watch anymore...LOL! She seems to sit there and let everybody else do the work. Oh if you go on over to zazzle and google chateau Lalande, guess what you'll find there now?! Stephanie's father's wall paper, created by an anonymous user. I'm wondering when lockdown is over how many people will actually stay on?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This advent blog seem to have what might be described as product placement ? Aka Glenlivet whiskey. I found the way SJ and PP treated Marie thoroughly mean, no matter what one thinks of her flower arrangement :unsure: All the friendliness is so fake.:confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely laughing like a drain at Selmar creeping in with the squeaky hostess trolley, led by Diesel 🤣🤣🤣
Can someone turn PP's dance into a gif? It would be my go to Christmas response to everything 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.