The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder where he is too!!!!! He seemed like a nice guy. He was living his own life.
Mason is too clever to get sucked in, even though he would love to be the man in her life. He is a smart man, and would probably be much better off with a woman that loves him for him not for what he owns.

Mason is too clever to get sucked in, even though he would love to be the man in her life. He is a smart man, and would probably be much better off with a woman that loves him for him not for what he owns.
But there is a pattern here, it's the same for all the men in her life, they are all friend-zoned with heart strings for SJ. It's how she wants to keep it.

Reactions: 2
She'll get a tv deal before she gets another marriage proposal.
Tv is no joke, she doesnt want to work, told what to do or about budgets, she wants to be real housewife and invited to parties every other day...
SJ strikes me as the kind of person that could not resist the chance to become a TV celebrity. The psychologists amongst us may think otherwise, but I think she would jump at the chance to become more well known and court more adulation. I sense that she is becoming rather bored with the vlogging, in the same way that I think she becomes bored with everything and everyone after a while - wanting more and more 'stuff', and more and more new people to manipulate in her life.. Covid has restrained her ambitions, but I think that once it is over we will not see her around Lalande very much.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder where he is too!!!!! He seemed like a nice guy. He was living his own life.
Surely in lock down like the rest of us. Borders mainly only restriction free within Europe so that’s why the Potts can come for Christmas.
once all this nightmare is over (please please), then we will find put who is truly going to stay there. For the moment, it seems to me that those that are there are happy to have the Oxford/student/party every night, life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
LOTL for me is an amalgam of Patsy and Edina in a more attractive form. "It's Fortuny, Ungaro, made in Naples, ad nauseum". I watched last years advent videos and enjoyed them much more. Less time intensive beauty filtering and more organic content. I love beautiful well made things material and digital. Those were beautifully done last year

Cat, solo requested if you please. I am not classically trained, have been to opera and have 2 ears plugged on each side of my Amurican head and think you have a lovely voice that won't make my sinuses ( sine, sinus, since, sinuses?) bleed. Also a soprano and avoid singing real voice.

So which is the official fb page of Lalande now?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bravo!

Whilst I do like LOTL and enjoy her bon vivant vim and boho bonhomie spirit, I do find myself a trifle perplexed by the vast swaths of absolute rotten trash she insists on keeping about the place. Bringing down worm infested bedframes and mildewed moth eaten fabrics galore from the attics to tart up and re-use as if they have some historical worth or significance when anyone can see they are fit only for a bonfire.

Clearly the reason the previous family dumped all that rubbish in the attic in the first place was because it meant absolutely nothing to them financially or sentimentally or they would have taken it with them! SJ seems to think they lovingly bestowed her with their cherished family heirlooms for her to restore and care for for future generations- she cannot see the reality - they just couldn't be arsed to clear out their junk and they could see she would just lap it up with squeals of joy.

I honestly thought she was joking at first when she brought down that ridiculously rotten creche. Poor Selmar did his best to let her down gently - you could visibly see part of his soul dying inside as his eyes drank in the sheer horror of the worm motel before him - the realisation dawning that she expected him to bring back its glory with a bit of sandpaper and lick of paint - he's such a gent
Absolutely brilliant observation. So true.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So which is the official fb page of Lalande now?
Why, that would be the one with OFFICIAL in its moniker, run by the eccentric Canadian Karen ‘cbomb’. But the hapless Brenda (Dear Brenda) is our OFFICIAL favourite superfan here!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can't see Stephanie going on tv. She gets to call the shots on her own vlog, let's not forget all of that patreon money that rolls in monthly. That would dry up fast if she turned to tv. And tv requires long hours and a lot of work, I don't think she's up for all of that work.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't see Stephanie going on tv. She gets to call the shots on her own vlog, let's not forget all of that patreon money that rolls in monthly. That would dry up fast if she turned to tv. And tv requires long hours and a lot of work, I don't think she's up for all of that work.
But she started on TV, remember - she did Escape to the Chateau DIY for a number of seasons! I am with you though in so far as that she probably doesn't need that type of exposure (and work hours) anymore given her easy success on Youtube. That's why few Youtubers ever go on mainstream TV, I suspect they get tons of offers but make so much more money through their own content, with more freedom to create whatever they want, whenever they want. TV is so much more restrictive - you can't sneak in hidden ads, can't get that sweet affiliate money (Stephanie, get on that - does Spode have an affiliate program? Or that champagne you always advertise?), and no Patreon for a TV show.

Reactions: 10
Oh Lordy Lordy. Dear Brenda is surely going to try to take credit ( and have great craic) about this “achievement”. YOU’RE all stars (One Thousand Stars TM). Will this supercharge our slightly flawed chatelaine to plumb the rabbit hole depths even more?

2E24E529-1D7E-43BF-8B77-C63E382A7128.jpeg

was your boss sociopathic?
the comment about cheating meant to illustrate the naivity/black and white view of some of the views you have presented, and I don't mean to insult you, take it as a point for self reflection,
but to be fair, as you stated, you are scientist, you cannot help but seek black and white, and I understand you very well, just with human emotions it is not always possible. If you would presume that it is, it would cause error in your findings.

who else noticed that SJ is trying super hard not to appear childlike, narcissistic, less high pitched, grabby etc in past 2 weeks or so? She still is but I see that she is trying ...
I noticed that too, she's got the message ! At least dont look gready, even if you are

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did I hear correctly that Brenda made those absolutely appalling jumpers? I was actually quite worried that SJ was going to set fire to herself leaning over a candle in yellow acrylic. They can only have been wearing them because they are beyond dreadful

• Haha
Did I hear correctly that Brenda made those absolutely appalling jumpers? I was actually quite worried that SJ was going to set fire to herself leaning over a candle in yellow acrylic. They can only have been wearing them because they are beyond dreadful
I panicked about the sleeve and candle too! I thought the jumpers were a present from a fan... I hope so! Still absolutely hideous though. Philip’s one was the most bearable. Appalling woolwork!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.