The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A question as I've never lived in an old chateau during a european winter - what happens to unused rooms in winter - do you shut them up with no heating? Does extreme cold or damp impact cloth, paintings or even clothes? Or do you light a fire, turn heating on once in a while or strategically place hot water bottles in unused rooms?
Ozone, dehumidifyers and open windows on a fine day.

Reactions: 1
God this woman really is a parasite! Sucking La Lande dry - I cannot WAIT for the day she gets her comeuppance! Greedy greedy greedy.

LOTL et al need to wake up, grow a spine and put this greedy Leech in her place.

Conjuring up fake arse toiles and cushions and over priced arse licking tours are one thing - and great fodder for Donegals, but stealing photos and artwork and profiteering whilst simultaneously shamelessly sucking up to SJ, Gerry, Isabelle and Co and pretending to them that they have a trustworthy friend in her, getting invited into their home etc......that really is another level of rotten scumbag.

I wish they would wake up to what a Snake in the nest she truly is. Love or hate the La Landers, it really is sickening to watch their misplaced trust, friendship and naivety abused by the gluttonous swamp monster that is Brenda Gibbons.

Girlfriend needs a witch slap imo. :LOL: (From a big juicy lawsuit obvs)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
God this woman really is a parasite! Sucking La Lande dry - I cannot WAIT for the day she gets her comeuppance! Greedy greedy greedy.

LOTL et al need to wake up, grow a spine and put this greedy Leech in her place.

Conjuring up fake arse toiles and cushions and over priced arse licking tours are one thing - and great fodder for Donegals, but stealing photos and artwork and profiteering whilst simultaneously shamelessly sucking up to SJ, Gerry, Isabelle and Co and pretending to them that they have a trustworthy friend in her, getting invited into their home etc......that really is another level of rotten scumbag.

I wish they would wake up to what a Snake in the nest she truly is. Love or hate the La Landers, it really is sickening to watch their misplaced trust, friendship and naivety abused by the gluttonous swamp monster that is Brenda Gibbons.

Girlfriend needs a witch slap imo. :LOL: (From a big juicy lawsuit obvs)

I don't get it myself. As an artist, I'm very protective of my work. If that makes sense. I would never let some stranger call the shots and set up an etsy store. Why doesn't Stephanie do this herself? Or is that to much work getting up after noon? That wrapping paper was so cringe. Brenda Gibbons is worse than a Kpop Stan, and that says alot. I'd like to know where that money is really going? Gerry is annoying af, I'm sure Isabelle is glad to be out of there and Stephanie needs to grow a pair. I'm glad that I stopped watching her vlogs. I can just imagine everything going south very soon.

Reactions: 11
Good news! Don’t worry about Dear Brenda’s knock-off factory. I’m starting my own range of bespoke chocolate to compliment my custom tea-towels (see thread way back when; any resemblance to existing product is entirely unintentional).

98D5AFF0-0B1B-4AB6-92C9-2AFD456691CA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I really think some of the inmates of the asylum are starting to post here.....
Ooh how thrilling! But since I joined Tattle before you did......... that makes me Nurse Ratched and you Randie McMurphy.

And now its time for your lobotomy 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Good news! Don’t worry about Dear Brenda’s knock-off factory. I’m starting my own range of bespoke chocolate to compliment my custom tea-towels (see thread way back when; any resemblance to existing product is entirely unintentional).

View attachment 343705
New Christmas edition thread title

Alice in Fa La La LA Laaaa, La La La Lande (Tis the season to be Folly)🎶 🎵

(a mashup medley of various @ChocLili humdingers so all credit to her for the inspo) :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel I shouldn’t suggest this. So I’m in no way suggesting that it may be fun to submit ridiculous answers to Dear Brenda’s Lalande general knowledge quiz. :devilish:

CB5E0C68-0509-418E-8956-2BFA134381C0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Deck the chateau with gifted toile-y
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
'Tis the season to be folly,
Fill the cellars, fill the stables,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
Fill the attics with wood-wormed tables,

See the flowing cadeaux before us,
Teetering piles unopened since August
Hark the Tattler’s growing displeasure,
Agog SJ fondles her newest treasure,

Fast away the old gifts discarded,
Hail the new tchotchkes, bombarded!
Laughing, quaffing gin together,
Unwrapping Earth’s last ever Peacock feather,

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Deck the chateau with gifted toile-y
'Tis the season to be folly,
Fill the cellars, fill the stables,
Fill the attics with wood-wormed tables,

See the flowing cadeaux before us,
Teetering piles unopened since August
Hark the Tattler’s growing displeasure,
Agog SJ fondles her newest treasure,

Fast away the old gifts discarded,
Hail the new tchotchkes, bombarded!
Laughing, quaffing gin together,
Unwrapping Earth’s last ever Peacock feather,
Absolutely brilliant!!
Or as @MojoDublin would say, (y)(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🙏🙏🙏🎅🎩👠

• Haha
I feel like we have seen the same characters for too long.. Maybe some of them need to go and new ones to come in! I also really enjoyed micheal potts interview on patreon. It did seem a bit intimate and i do wonder how ruth doesnt get jealous! I mean i would!!! But i did get to know fun bits about their life and i look forward to more interviews from Stephanie's old friends.

Reactions: 10
This is what her punishment is from SJ. A narcissist does not like it when one of their fans has the audacity to leave them. Marie did that when she went to get a job in a hotel. Now because of Covid she has had to come back to the Chateau. Cue SJ as the rescuer, but not without a price. Marie is now not the favourite. She's relegated to the skivvy. Subtly undermined for her floral arrangements. Meanwhile Philip acts as SJ's fan boy.
Newspaper article & Podcast 11th Dec 2020

Experts reveal how to tell if a group is 'destructive' - and warns the people who 'think they're too smart' to be drawn in are the MOST vulnerable
•American cult expert Steve Hassan is a former member of the Moonies
•He has developed a model used to determine if an organisation is a cult
•The B.I.T.E. system identifies four types of control that destructive cults exert

While cults might sound like a niche concept, Mr Hassan said they are more common than one might think. Cults also thrive during periods of uncertainty, like the current Covid-19 pandemic.

As part of his work, Mr Hassan developed the 'B.I.T.E.' model which helps to determine if an organisation is in fact a destructive cult. In order to be classified as such, the actions of the group must fit four main criteria:
B - Behaviour control: Telling you where you can live, with whom you can live, who you can associated with or who you have to cut off, who you can have sex with, what clothing, what hairstyles, what diet you can have, how much sleep you get, how much financial exploitation.
I - Information control: Keeping people very busy; controlling them through their cell phones, texting, calls internet tracking; use of confession, finding out details about people's pasts especially if they have been traumatised like sexual abuse.
T - Thought control: It is typically very black and white, good vs evil, us vs them; they'll use loaded language, loaded terminology to control people's thoughts; you're not allowed to ask critical questions and if you are there's behaviour control like shunning or threats.
E - Emotional control: People at first are love bombed, which means they are made to feel really special and unique and wonderful so people are flattered and praised but really it is just a device to get people more involved, to spend more money, to do things beyond what their conscious or what their morality is telling them to do. If they don't do what they're told then terrible things are going to happen to them. So when someone is mind controlled in a cult, they can't imagine leaving the group and still feeling happy and fulfilled.

THE POWER OF A CHARISMATIC LEADER
Mr Massan told presenter Nastaran Tavakoli-Far that cult leaders tend to be 'narcissists and malignant narcissists at that' who are defined by 'a set of characteristics that range from everything from a grandiosity, fantasies of power and attractiveness; need for praise and admiration; to a sense of entitlement’.

RED FLAGS
The leader: How is this leader behaving? Are they behaving in an extremely charismatic way? Is that the reason why you are attracted to them or do they actually have something useful and interesting to say?
The followers or members: Looking out among the people who are followers. Are they kind of doe-eyed adherents who don't ask any questions, or do they seem to have a healthy degree of scepticism.

• Heart
  • Wow
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.