The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would need some serious doses of fentanyl if i was locked down with SJ and pretentious phillip
Um yikes, I won't agree with you there, but each to their own. Knock your socks off.

day 5 27:39 Omg, that guy has turned into a megalomaniac, (then again maybe he was already), and is literally SJ's b1tch, what the hell is he wearing and why does his head look like an alien. I'm really starting to dislike him more and more he is so false. At least SJ can make false look almost real but this guy has no experience. How am I going to continue watching this BS. I'll have to find a new series to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm moving ahead quite quickly now, and it's easier to watch with the sound off. I'm on 4th day but it is still super cringe. I may have
Good advice!

#6 fa la la lalande... just jump up and put it in the basket

Reactions: 2
Nutty Nati wins the Employee of the Month Award for keeping up the best sycophantic face.
(Careful Nutty, didn’t your mum ever tell you if the wind changes you’ll stay like that.)
We can see you're dead behind the eyes.
Blink twice for yes and ask Marie for some Xanax.
1607805835124.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Nutty Nati wins the Employee of the Month Award for keeping up the best sycophantic face.
(Careful Nutty, didn’t your mum ever tell you if the wind changes you’ll stay like that.)
We can see you're dead behind the eyes.
Blink twice for yes and ask Marie for some Xanax.
View attachment 344633
They could all have a xanax cocktail party and dress up in straight jackets

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The advent offering tonight is actually giving me Christmas feels. Everyone except SJ has gorgeous memories. It’s giving me Christmas feels and Christmas feels sorry for her going by what she’s saying about her past Christmases. Wee love. Barbies and left alone 😢
Get the new thread going and we can thrash it out.
My vote goes either to ChocLili and her curiouser suggestion or whoever it was that punted « All I want for Christmas is MORE. »

• Heart
Reactions: 6
ill
SJ strikes me as the kind of person that could not resist the chance to become a TV celebrity. The psychologists amongst us may think otherwise, but I think she would jump at the chance to become more well known and court more adulation. I sense that she is becoming rather bored with the vlogging, in the same way that I think she becomes bored with everything and everyone after a while - wanting more and more 'stuff', and more and more new people to manipulate in her life.. Covid has restrained her ambitions, but I think that once it is over we will not see her around Lalande very much.
I agree with most of this especially covid part, to the point, and that it that I imagine that she would rather be socialite than "working" celebrity

Oh goody. I can’t wait until August when Nati gets around to opening it . . .
for 100K it is silver one for 1M it is gold one, they send it quite late so it might arrive several months after the hit

Last edited:
Plus as I know from working in TV production she'd have to pay for all the music she uses. So it all has to be declared, whether it is background music or live performances. I wonder when the copyright owners will get on to her?
classical music is mostly in the public domain, therefore not under copyright, since the artist died and it is 70 yrs after his death (or 50 yrs in other countries)

I noticed that too, she's got the message ! At least dont look gready, even if you are
she even tried to clean in the last episode 😂
and everyone was so weirded by it
🧹🧽

Can you be more specific, it looks more like a mini thesis you just wrote. Are you generalising or talking about someone in specific. I think your input is interesting you definitely have a sharper eye than most people. I'm all ears.
just go and read this thread from #1,
here are many cleaver and interesting people with sharper tongue than mine who went through it all as it unfolded, I am just a humble apprentice

Yes, quite correct. But the plain Chateau de Lalande FB page is boring, barren, businesslike, bland and banal (as it should be). It needs the word OFFICIAL in its title and then it needs some bullying of other lesser pages in its comments to be truely OFFICIAL. OFFICIALDOM is earned through hard grifting, enticing and celebrating regular comments from confused Lalanders such as Gerald and Selmar. Superfans are the beating heart of the crumbling toile non-listed pink-gravelled wonky shuttered remote dry-laked peacock and hedgehog sanctuary. Any chatelaine knows that when it comes to OFFICIAL there is no substitute for patrons, and patrons frequent FB fan sites almost as much as Etsy, both OFFICIAL and non-official (right Brenda?).
amen to this

Last edited:
  • Heart
Omg you are so spot on!!!
And how does one have not one but TWO rotting crèches in the attic and zero Nativity figurines? With her years of hoarding and the fact that there are generations of Catholic in her family and no ‘my father bought me this over the top Nativity set at an auction’? Hopefully she left enough bread crumbs for the super fans (23 cm tall please) to fill the entire chapel by the end of 12 days of Christmas! Plus opening beauty Advent calendars in the chapel was really grotesque.
And even though I fast forward during any and all singing I’m totally Team Kat! Ahahaha
I wondered this, too. But today in the q&a she explained that her mum didn't like to decorate on Christmas at all. And when still living in the nursing home they usually had a Xmas celebration with the patients and only some private gift opening before work on Xmas day. Kind of sad

Reactions: 3
I am absolutely sure she said gift.... and can someone PLEASE tell me if Mpotts is MARRIED to that author? if he is... after that interview today... she is a SAINT.... even if they are just dating she is a SAINT
He is!

Um yikes, I won't agree with you there, but each to their own. Knock your socks off.

day 5 27:39 Omg, that guy has turned into a megalomaniac, (then again maybe he was already), and is literally SJ's b1tch, what the hell is he wearing and why does his head look like an alien. I'm really starting to dislike him more and more he is so false. At least SJ can make false look almost real but this guy has no experience. How am I going to continue watching this BS. I'll have to find a new series to watch.
I can recommend "foxes afloat" 🙂

Jeez. Brenda taking the credit for the Chateau Diaries reaching 100k subscribers. « Thank you for sharing my posts........ »
View attachment 344495
And chatelaine thought that it as all thanks to her singing (or some skimpy outfits) but either way it was all her doing
while every youtuber (even with NPD) knows that he needs to thank their subscribers because "they mean so much to them" (you need to thank your customers, without them you are nothing ...)

classical music is mostly in the public domain, therefore not under copyright, since the artist died and it is 70 yrs after his death (or 50 yrs in other countries)
Um no. Every scrap of music has to be paid for. The party music, the music played in the background when cooking in the kitchen. This is something which I know about as have had to do music returns for many TV programmes to MCPS & PRS who are the bodies responsible for music use.
One of my favorite subscribers to watch is Harald Baldrwho travels around remote areas of the world and vlogs it.
But he's said a number of times how even 10 seconds of background music can cause his video to get demonetized and then all ad revenue for the video goes to the record label who owns the copyright and there's absolutely nothing he can do to combat it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.