The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And not just rules, but common sense. I nearly spat my coffee out when Dan drilled all those holes in the kitchen beams. Totally compromised. No Frenchman would do that. Ever.
They were joists not beams. Drilling joists to facilitate electric cableing is common practice and a necessity in older properties. The load bearing capacity is barely affected. Ask any structural engineer.

Reactions: 10
👌 IMO Marie left and then was enticed back ... I doubt covid is the only thing holding her there ...... think Marie might have no where else to go 😲
Marie said herself that she worked 60 hours a week and that was too much.

Reactions: 3
I was wondering what Philip's role here is? I don't see him doing much. The more he is featured, the more he appears as pretentious and has a regular stream of putting people down. He seems to act offended with anything feminine presented to him, like its challenging his masculinity. His negative ostentatious attitude is wearing thin.
more I see him, more I believe that he is Sj's flying monkey.
He is doing her bidding without realizing it. He wants to be liked by her so much that he does what he thinks she wants. And that is to put other people like Marie or Kat down. And she will come victoriously to save the day and will appear like the nice one when she tells him off.
U can see this unrolling when they were putting the wreath on the gates. at 27:30

LJJ says it is missing a bow (because he thinks that this is what Sj really wants)
He wants to satisfy Sj by insisting on putting the bow on the wreath in quite aggressive manner, looking at her and wanting approval 27:50
Sj comes and says : some fights we are just not gonna win
jesus jeans looks at her and he doesn't understand why she is saying it when he is pretty sure that this is what she wanted
once he realized that Sj left him hanging he is running to hug Marrie in order to save the situation - the end

that is also why you see him hesitate now more and more, because he cannot read her, he doesn't understand, she does the opposite, he cannot mirror her anymore, and he thought that they understand each other so much

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They were joists not beams. Drilling joists to facilitate electric cableing is common practice and a necessity in older properties. The load bearing capacity is barely affected. Ask any structural engineer.
I love all the varied things I’m learning here. University of the Tattle Age.
The diameter of the holes seemed a little excessive for cabling to me, but perhaps such heft in the drill bit was required to get the job done. Impressed with Dan’s aim though 🙃 I’m not a structural engineer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Marie said herself that she worked 60 hours a week and that was too much.
Interesting .....

when Marie left Heaps of her possessions in the barn .. my impression was she needed cash 💰 to survive at the chat eaoooo -
For renting the barn .... gaining traction on Instagram so took a short term contract ... as LOTL was very vocal about Marie .. will be back ... we miss Marie -
then the visit to London where they had lunch 🍴 and LOTL returned with her ....
Truly believe Marie thought 💭 she had a friendship.... just doubt it actually dawned on her that it wasent the relation-SHIP she imagined

LOTL has one SHIP 🚢 and it’s a single person ship ..... unless you can row her where she needs to go

• Heart
Reactions: 14
more I see him, more I believe that he is Sj's flying monkey.
He is doing her bidding without realizing it. He wants to be liked by her so much that he does what he thinks she wants. And that is to put other people like Marie or Kat down. And she will come victoriously to save the day and will appear like the nice one when she tells him off.
U can see this unrolling when they were putting the wreath on the gates. at 27:30

LJJ says it is missing a bow (because he thinks that this is what Sj really wants)
He wants to satisfy Sj by insisting on putting the bow on the wreath in quite aggressive manner, looking at her and wanting approval 27:50
Sj comes and says : some fights we are just not gonna win
jesus jeans looks at her and he doesn't understand why she is saying it when he is pretty sure that this is what she wanted
once he realized that Sj left him hanging he is running to hug Marrie in order to save the situation - the end

that is also why you see him hesitate now more and more, because he cannot read her, he doesn't understand, she does the opposite, he cannot mirror her anymore, and he thought that they understand each other so much
I think it's called bait and switch

Reactions: 2
@66carola just educate yourself on topics of control, abuse, ...
you strick me as a person who would victim shame (without realizing it) and maybe even think that people cheat because they just don't love each other anymore

Reactions: 6
Same role like Tomaz I believe. I guess they applied stating they sing, act and dance and are into arts and chateau and willing to help around the house with anything necessary. And don't mind being on camera.
Tomaz was always seen being super constructive with useful cleanup projects. Have only seen Philip apholster the couch...and that was with constant negative dialog.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Chateau Diaries: CHRISTMAS IS COMING! 26:21
SJ massive innuendo to keep victim hooked.

• Haha
Besides all this comparing Picasso with Caravaggio malarkey, what bothered me most was the opening of the Advent gifts in the chapel. It cheapened an otherwise beautiful moment for me...
I never want to be the type of person that watches an episode like Day 10 and clutches pearls about the organization of storage areas, proper nativity placement and chatelaine pathos, but that really was a buzz kill. If those tacky beauty products are a gift from a patron, they should request that she stop that tit, stat, before it ruins it for the rest of us. Toddler baby Jesus (the actual one, not Philippe) and his parents are fine on the altar for Christmas in a partially restored church owned by a (mostly) secular family. I love the acoustics in there. Cat's singing my part, and Selmar looks so proud.
676345.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
@66carola just educate yourself on topics of control, abuse, ...
you strick me as a person who would victim shame (without realizing it) and maybe even think that people cheat because they just don't love each other anymore
Hm, so now you are analysing somebody ananymous from a distance just from some sentences posted on a gossip thread? A shame that I spent so much for therapy 😁Actually I am myself more of a controlling type, ...but I was also long enough victim myself. I overcame it when I realised that I had a huge part in it myself.
Don't understand though what you mean with people cheating because they do not love each other? People cheat because they choose to do it for whatever reason. Usually they believe they have some kind of benefit - even if only short term.
Anyway I don't believe in love (other than to a child), working in research in genetics, developmental biology, I tend to believe it's all hormonal. (funny thing: spent my postdoc at NIMH, Bethesda MD researching hormonal status in bipolar/borderline patients...) being in research you very likely end up being abusive yourself, since "publish or perish"... So don't need any education here...
Maybe that is why I enjoy Chateau diaries because it is completely the opposite I normally have to deal with. Not so much ratio...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"The Unification Church of the United States, sometimes colloquially referred to as the "Moonies", is a religious movement in the United States of America. It began in the 1950s and 1960s when missionaries from Japan and South Korea were sent to the United States by the international Unification movement's founder and leader Sun Myung Moon. It expanded in the 1970s and then became involved in controversy due to its theology, its political activism, and the lifestyle of its members."

Brilliant idea for a party. There are at least 20 wedding dresses hanging in the Salvation Army down the street from me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hm, so now you are analysing somebody ananymous from a distance just from some sentences posted on a gossip thread? A shame that I spent so much for therapy 😁Actually I am myself more of a controlling type, ...but I was also long enough victim myself. I overcame it when I realised that I had a huge part in it myself.
Don't understand though what you mean with people cheating because they do not love each other? People cheat because they choose to do it for whatever reason. Usually they believe they have some kind of benefit - even if only short term.
Anyway I don't believe in love (other than to a child), working in research in genetics, developmental biology, I tend to believe it's all hormonal. (funny thing: spent my postdoc at NIMH, Bethesda MD researching hormonal status in bipolar/borderline patients...) being in research you very likely end up being abusive yourself, since "publish or perish"... So don't need any education here...
Maybe that is why I enjoy Chateau diaries because it is completely the opposite I normally have to deal with. Not so much ratio...
I still think you do, because your whole premise is based on the idea that people have control - always (if not hormonal) at least this comes off of your comments,
I see that you want to rationalize everything but most of the people are way simpler

I am amazed at what can be extrapolated from 30 highly edited minutes of acting for the camera. 😂 You know what else narcissists are? They are always the hero of all their own stories. Laughing at themselves is not an option because they are always laughing at you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This is classic faux joie (false joy) use, reward, exploit for info, turn to faithful servant on your left for confirmation...
The Chateau Diaries: REMEMBRANCE & LIGHT! 19:44

Oooo Natti is second in command.... that is clear
Yeah, I am more scared of Nati actually. Also I can imagine her just leaving one day and leaving SJ all alone with 1 million emails and an attic full of parcels... And no regrets

I still think you do, because your whole premise is based on the idea that people have control - always (if not hormonal) at least this comes off of your comments,
I see that you want to rationalize everything but most of the people are way simpler
Haha, my boss (who did develop a method to let cut neurons grow again!) would say now: simple people don't feel any (mental) pain!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I am more scared of Nati actually. Also I can imagine her just leaving one day and leaving SJ all alone with 1 million emails and an attic full of parcels... And no regrets

Haha, my boss (who did develop a method to let cut neurons grow again!) would say now: simple people don't feel any (mental) pain!
was your boss sociopathic?
the comment about cheating meant to illustrate the naivity/black and white view of some of the views you have presented, and I don't mean to insult you, take it as a point for self reflection,
but to be fair, as you stated, you are scientist, you cannot help but seek black and white, and I understand you very well, just with human emotions it is not always possible. If you would presume that it is, it would cause error in your findings.

who else noticed that SJ is trying super hard not to appear childlike, narcissistic, less high pitched, grabby etc in past 2 weeks or so? She still is but I see that she is trying ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.