The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How the hell do you end up with spare mugs and calendars?????πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Besides all this comparing Picasso with Caravaggio malarkey, what bothered me most was the opening of the Advent gifts in the chapel. It cheapened an otherwise beautiful moment for me...
Yes! I thought this too. I think a chapel should be if not a holy place, at least a spiritual one.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if this can be reported to Etsy - she is clearly profiteering from Lalande!
This is not what it looks like Officer. All those pretty coloured pills are for my personal use. Occasionally friends may buy them . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Brenda's descriptions make no sense. What does this mean (re the piece of material): "Printed with out (sic) toile design"? Then, on the mug, which looks exactly the same design, it says "printed with a Toile de Jouy pattern"! I think she needs some help with her English as well as her French! She couldn't even pronouce "Lalande" properly on her video and she must hear it every day! Her proununciation of "Tours" was the same as her bus tours! For some reason, she doesn't ship her products to the UK; they must be intended for the USA and Canada. She has also omitted her shipping details. All in all, it looks very trashy and unprofessional.

I couldn't see the front of the calendar clearly but it looks as if it may say "Produced by Chateau de Lalande" and is that SJ's logo or has she deigned a new one? It doesn't look like SJ's. The general blurb says that they are products "associated" with the Chateau. The use of other people's photos and artwork without their permission is clearly illegal and I doubt if she has even cited their names. She's not the brightest button in the box.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ahhh but there are soooo many wedding planners out there and a whole "get married in france thing" where they do 100% of all of the planning - you just rent them the space! THAT is the way to do it! and you should see!! what they charge for the space! 5k - 10k - 20k if it comes with the rooms and chapel! but if they are in such crap shape..... nope... no way... NOBODY would pay for a place that's just falling to bitsπŸ™„
1607710889215.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hello bloggers and blogger readers, I just want to say, this has been a real feast for the eyes and beats any gossip magazine. I've even had some roll on the floor laughing moments. But I'm way back on thread one page number 48. I just wanted to say, you are all great, and it is okay to express yourselves. I hope to have my say sometime in the near future if I can get up to date. Happy holidays.
Lot of fun waiting for you!

Brenda's descriptions make no sense. What does this mean (re the piece of material): "Printed with out (sic) toile design"? Then, on the mug, which looks exactly the same design, it says "printed with a Toile de Jouy pattern"! I think she needs some help with her English as well as her French! She couldn't even pronouce "Lalande" properly on her video and she must hear it every day! Her proununciation of "Tours" was the same as her bus tours! For some reason, she doesn't ship her products to the UK; they must be intended for the USA and Canada. She has also omitted her shipping details. All in all, it looks very trashy and unprofessional.

I couldn't see the front of the calendar clearly but it looks as if it may say "Produced by Chateau de Lalande" and is that SJ's logo or has she deigned a new one? It doesn't look like SJ's. The general blurb says that they are products "associated" with the Chateau. The use of other people's photos and artwork without their permission is clearly illegal and I doubt if she has even cited their names. She's not the brightest button in the box.
Isn't there a way to contact Etsy and complain?

If you say so.
I beg to differ. At least, French tradesmen know the local rules and the country laws. Which avoid the problems like the lake. And all the other mistakes they make and are filmed in their videos !
But if the Brits prefer to live in their British bubble, ignoring the rules because they're not able to speak the language, good for them.
And you forget to mention that if they prefer to hire British tradesmen, it's because these tradesmen pay no taxes to the French state (being registered in UK) unlike their French colleagues and offer cheaper prices. And these Brits will all have their Carte Vitale (free Health French system) and other allowances depending on their own situation in France.
But eh, that's a great system !
I'm French BTW.
Not anymore after brexit probably?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I have a feeling Brenda's days will be numbered if she keeps it up. I have reported the shop on Etsy. I'm not sure how many other patreons would go out of their to act like this? If she has to make a rant about it on facebook, than that means more people are starting to question her. Yeah that part about Stephanie's dad really rubbed me the wrong way. I also just took a look on etsy again, the artist Shelia Roper deisgned something awhile back for Stephanie, I remember it from the summer. The particular piece of art is in Brenda's calender.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
What's a moonie costume party? Don't say they all came in bridal costumes just for fun?

I have a feeling Brenda's days will be numbered if she keeps it up. I have reported the shop on Etsy. I'm not sure how many other patreons would go out of their to act like this? If she has to make a rant about it on facebook, than that means more people are starting to question her. Yeah that part about Stephanie's dad really rubbed me the wrong way.
Glad you did it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If you say so.
I beg to differ. At least, French tradesmen know the local rules and the country laws. Which avoid the problems like the lake. And all the other mistakes they make and are filmed in their videos !
But if the Brits prefer to live in their British bubble, ignoring the rules because they're not able to speak the language, good for them.
And you forget to mention that if they prefer to hire British tradesmen, it's because these tradesmen pay no taxes to the French state (being registered in UK) unlike their French colleagues and offer cheaper prices. And these Brits will all have their Carte Vitale (free Health French system) and other allowances depending on their own situation in France.
But eh, that's a great system !
I'm French BTW.
And not just rules, but common sense. I nearly spat my coffee out when Dan drilled all those holes in the kitchen beams. Totally compromised. No Frenchman would do that. Ever.

Reactions: 7
French tradesman are a freaking nightmare. I know, I’ve been there. That’s why Dick Strawbridge brings tradesman over from England to work on his place. Brit tradesman working in France are generally a cut above the rest and work hard because the ex-pat community on which they depend is small and word gets around if they do a bad job. The language helps too.
What an absurd overgeneralisation. Nothing worse than expats constantly shitting on the country they chose to reside in, and painting its people as incompetent. I mean...why move there if all you want is British people, British food, British employees, British culture? Germans are so much like that too - I remember tons of very uncomfortable conversations with Germans in Namibia about how "lazy" the locals are. Awful.

Reactions: 12
What an absurd overgeneralisation. Nothing worse than expats constantly shitting on the country they chose to reside in, and painting its people as incompetent. I mean...why move there if all you want is British people, British food, British employees, British culture? Germans are so much like that too - I remember tons of very uncomfortable conversations with Germans in Namibia about how "lazy" the locals are. Awful.
The French people I know and use are highly skilled local people who take pride in their work and whose reputation is equally important to them. We have a French Selmar who is so hardworking and can turn his hand to anything. He charges 12 euros an hour. We are fully integrated in the village and that is the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I also just took a look on etsy again, the artist Shelia Roper deisgned something awhile back for Stephanie, I remember it from the summer. The particular piece of art is in Brenda's calender.
Sheila Roper has her own Etsy shop selling prints of all her designs. I imagine she'll be furious that Brenda has used one of her images like that. I hope she, Oliver, Selmar, etc, sue BG!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
amen and thank you. we keep wondering why oh why... no french people? I mean why NOT have locals? I mean isnt that why you are there?

Does anyone else feel that the β€˜nativity’ should not be on the altar? In every church I have been in ( mainly Catholic) the nativity scene is in a corner of its own. Maybe things have changed - it’s been a long time.....
nope... that's how its done.... NOT on the altar... cringy...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm itching to have a moan. Marie deserves a medal I tell you. She's waiting on everyone hand and foot. It's wrong. Everyone except obviously the owners should be doing something to help. Every video I see, Marie is slaving away in the kitchen and even service at the table. I know she loves SJ but it has to be a two way street, love. I don't get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Brenda Gibbons is an amoeba, I fear the whole concept of IP and copyright goes over her head... but where is Nik and MP in all this? Surely they have the wit to understand that there is theft afoot?

So beautifully put, Mojo, I think this is one of the most perfect descriptions of SJ I have ever read, it is almost Joycean; like a line out of Ulysses. That stream of consciousness approach also helps us visualize the enormous pile of woodworm infested, flea-eaten, mangy offcasts being gilden and strategically placed next to vulnerable artwork and structurally significant beams. The irresponsible way SJ treats this chateau is almost infantile... but I do not blame her for this. She has been indulged her entire life, and serious responsibilities are too plain, tiresome and dull for such a sparkling personality. Chateau de La Lande needs an adult at the helm.
I could not agree more. the lack of understanding of: concrete rendering on the exterior- the completely MODERN bathroom in the apartment- I actually like the squeezed in bathrooms - why oh why are the windows missing in the front of the chateau and why are they not being restored, where are the french drains in the courtyard, why isnt anyone putting in the VERY SIMPLE tablets in the courtyard tablets, the water restoration to the gardens!!! why are you putting in gardens without water!! the kitchen, the washing up area... can we once again go over the GIANT CRACKS in the walls over bedrooms that you can see in the opening segment, the terrace that was supposed to be repaired with patreon money before winter!! then she said yes we will repair it again for yet another patreon goal for the 2nd time (what?) and adding a FREAKING SWIMMING POOL before having the house and its drainage all sewn up? wtf... oh they dont need AC - it's just for the volunteers in the summer - and it's just for a few months (followed by laughter) heating... I mean it goes on and on and the SHUTTERS that it's been acknowledged can FALL ON PEOPLES HEADS.... I mean yes... but we can go on vay-cay a million times a year... no... no I will not be visiting... no I will not be sending money to support... your spoiled habits and drinking.... and the drinking habits of tiny baby jesus jeans (does he have any of his own money or job or is worshiping SJ a full time job) I mean... GET IT TOGETHER and treat or like a job and business and dont have any "fun" for about 2 years and spend it all on your BUSINESS and sell 50%of your crap.... to put back into your business and earn some respect... GEEEEZZZZZZ

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sheila Roper has her own Etsy shop selling prints of all her designs. I imagine she'll be furious that Brenda has used one of her images like that. I hope she, Oliver, Selmar, etc, sue BG!

I hope so as well. I did message Shelia via facebook to tell her about it, along with the screen shot image.

Reactions: 13
I'm itching to have a moan. Marie deserves a medal I tell you. She's waiting on everyone hand and foot. It's wrong. Everyone except obviously the owners should be doing something to help. Every video I see, Marie is slaving away in the kitchen and even service at the table. I know she loves SJ but it has to be a two way street, love. I don't get it.
100%agree but my guess is she need a place to stay and food to eat and this is it. poor bug. Like with most narcissists, it all starts out so well...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.