The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's a moonie costume party? Don't say they all came in bridal costumes just for fun?
"The Unification Church of the United States, sometimes colloquially referred to as the "Moonies", is a religious movement in the United States of America. It began in the 1950s and 1960s when missionaries from Japan and South Korea were sent to the United States by the international Unification movement's founder and leader Sun Myung Moon. It expanded in the 1970s and then became involved in controversy due to its theology, its political activism, and the lifestyle of its members."

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Advent 9. Philip travelled to LaLande with his grandmother's cookbook? Perhaps he intended to cook more than pea risotto as a volunteer. Must be difficult to engage with cooking if your own diet is so restricted. Seeing more of entry hallway reno.

Episode 9 still no decorations elsewhere in Chateau.
I was wondering what Philip's role here is? I don't see him doing much. The more he is featured, the more he appears as pretentious and has a regular stream of putting people down. He seems to act offended with anything feminine presented to him, like its challenging his masculinity. His negative ostentatious attitude is wearing thin.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
100%agree but my guess is she need a place to stay and food to eat and this is it. poor bug. Like with most narcissists, it all starts out so well...
This is what her punishment is from SJ. A narcissist does not like it when one of their fans has the audacity to leave them. Marie did that when she went to get a job in a hotel. Now because of Covid she has had to come back to the Chateau. Cue SJ as the rescuer, but not without a price. Marie is now not the favourite. She's relegated to the skivvy. Subtly undermined for her floral arrangements. Meanwhile Philip acts as SJ's fan boy.

I was wondering what Philip's role here is? I don't see him doing much. The more he is featured, the more he appears as pretentious and has a regular stream of putting people down. He seems to act offended with anything feminine presented to him, like its challenging his masculinity. His negative ostentatious attitude is wearing thin.
His role is fawning fan boy to SJ. 'Look at me' these young boys love me.

Reactions: 12
This is what her punishment is from SJ. A narcissist does not like it when one of their fans has the audacity to leave them. Marie did that when she went to get a job in a hotel. Now because of Covid she has had to come back to the Chateau. Cue SJ as the rescuer, but not without a price. Marie is now not the favourite. She's relegated to the skivvy. Subtly undermined for her floral arrangements. Meanwhile Philip acts as SJ's fan boy.

Mostly negative attention. It seems like Kat is uncomfortable around him. Happy to see her call him out on his comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I believe Marie came back because she had a burn out from the assistant job. She was working long hours there. Maybe covid accelerated it but she wanted to stop anyway. Also I don't see her as a managers assistant

"The Unification Church of the United States, sometimes colloquially referred to as the "Moonies", is a religious movement in the United States of America. It began in the 1950s and 1960s when missionaries from Japan and South Korea were sent to the United States by the international Unification movement's founder and leader Sun Myung Moon. It expanded in the 1970s and then became involved in controversy due to its theology, its political activism, and the lifestyle of its members."

Thanks for the info. This is really weird. So this was just another theme party? Let's play sect? Just because I can wear something fancy?
And even Isabelle agreed to do it? I would never put on a wedding dress other than for my wedding. What's next? Burkini party? 😕😳

Last edited:
  • Haha

Wow that's a really accurate analysis now that I think of it. Its all about control right. And putting people on different levels of the SJ food chain.
Master manipulator.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Same role like Tomaz I believe. I guess they applied stating they sing, act and dance and are into arts and chateau and willing to help around the house with anything necessary. And don't mind being on camera.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
CHRISTMAS DIARIES DAY 8: CHRISTMAS WREATH!

SJ: “It looks so warm in your camper”
Selmar: “It’s very warm”
SJ: (shivering)
Selmar: “It’s very small”
SJ: “You’re laughing at the rest of us in there”
Selmar: (laughing) “You’re living in a big chateau in the cold, I’m living in a small camper in the warmth, and comfort”View attachment 342984
🥇🥇🥇🥇 on top form there @Viva La Loca
Superb work 😭😭☺☺

CHRISTMAS DIARIES DAY 9: A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
Pleasing Phillip grows a pair and cooks waffles that he can actually eat.

View attachment 343094
☺ ... distinctive possibility he’ll have a savage allergic reaction to non vegan balls 🏈 🤪

• Haha
Wow that's a really accurate analysis now that I think of it. Its all about control right. And putting people on different levels of the SJ food chain.
Master manipulator.
Yes. That is how the narcissist works. They like younger people to like them as well as it feeds into their vanity that they are cool. Marie is now left feeling confused that she is no longer the number 1 friend. She seems very isolated & sad now

• Heart
Brenda Gibbons is an amoeba,

🤣🤣🤣🤣 definitely ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

So beautifully put, Mojo, I think this is one of the most perfect descriptions of SJ I have ever read, it is almost Joycean; like a line out of Ulysses. That stream of consciousness approach also helps us visualize the enormous pile of woodworm infested, flea-eaten, mangy offcasts being gilden and strategically placed next to vulnerable artwork and structurally significant beams. The irresponsible way SJ treats this chateau is almost infantile... but I do not blame her for this. She has been indulged her entire life, and serious responsibilities are too plain, tiresome and dull for such a sparkling personality. Chateau de La Lande needs an adult at the helm.
Your so right -

It’s horrendous- and doing LOTL no favors - truthfully I totally admired her spirt PRE covid
What’s manifested since ... barley reconaise the girl 😏

Reactions: 5
Yes. That is how the narcissist works. They like younger people to like them as well as it feeds into their vanity that they are cool. Marie is now left feeling confused that she is no longer the number 1 friend. She seems very isolated & sad now
And I notice how every now and then SJ will fill Marie with hope and then "Right I'm off... bye" It's that putting on a pedestal and then taking it away. Keep them satisfied with just one compliment every 6 hours to keep them in check. It could even be borderline personality.

Master manipulator.
Yes absolutely. 100% about control. Now she sees Marie as having to come back with her tail between her legs, she is going to rub her nose in it.

And I notice how every now and then SJ will fill Marie with hope and then "Right I'm off... bye" It's that putting on a pedestal and then taking it away. Keep them satisfied with just one compliment every 6 hours to keep them in check. It could even be borderline personality.
Yes. It is the hot/cold push me pull you technique of a narcissist that messes with people's heads. Marie thought she was her special friend.

Mostly negative attention. It seems like Kat is uncomfortable around him. Happy to see her call him out on his comments.
Yes Kat seems to be a strong person who thinks that he's a bit of a dick. At some time she might see through SJ as being the superficial Peter Pan party girl obsessed with material goods.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Brenda's descriptions make no sense. What does this mean (re the piece of material): "Printed with out (sic) toile design"? Then, on the mug, which looks exactly the same design, it says "printed with a Toile de Jouy pattern"! I think she needs some help with her English as well as her French! She couldn't even pronouce "Lalande" properly on her video and she must hear it every day! Her proununciation of "Tours" was the same as her bus tours! For some reason, she doesn't ship her products to the UK; they must be intended for the USA and Canada. She has also omitted her shipping details. All in all, it looks very trashy and unprofessional.

I couldn't see the front of the calendar clearly but it looks as if it may say "Produced by Chateau de Lalande" and is that SJ's logo or has she deigned a new one? It doesn't look like SJ's. The general blurb says that they are products "associated" with the Chateau. The use of other people's photos and artwork without their permission is clearly illegal and I doubt if she has even cited their names. She's not the brightest button in the box.
When I recently questioned BG about whether Lalande benefitted from the sale of her objets d’art (😂) she evaded the questions repeatedly but I was told by another person who does genuinely have a link with SJ that they are dealing with it.

I'm itching to have a moan. Marie deserves a medal I tell you. She's waiting on everyone hand and foot. It's wrong. Everyone except obviously the owners should be doing something to help. Every video I see, Marie is slaving away in the kitchen and even service at the table. I know she loves SJ but it has to be a two way street, love. I don't get it.
She knew what she getting into, she said before she left the UK, that she would be doing the catering

I'm itching to have a moan. Marie deserves a medal I tell you. She's waiting on everyone hand and foot. It's wrong. Everyone except obviously the owners should be doing something to help. Every video I see, Marie is slaving away in the kitchen and even service at the table. I know she loves SJ but it has to be a two way street, love. I don't get it.
👌 IMO Marie left and then was enticed back ... I doubt covid is the only thing holding her there ...... think Marie might have no where else to go 😲

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I believe Marie came back because she had a burn out from the assistant job. She was working long hours there. Maybe covid accelerated it but she wanted to stop anyway. Also I don't see her as a managers assistant

Thanks for the info. This is really weird. So this was just another theme party? Let's play sect? Just because I can wear something fancy?
And even Isabelle agreed to do it? I would never put on a wedding dress other than for my wedding. What's next? Burkini party? 😕😳
👌 IMO Marie left and then was enticed back ... I doubt covid is the only thing holding her there ...... think Marie might have no where else to go 😲
If she was an assistant manager in a hotel in the UK where hotels have suffered through lack of business then as the new employee she might have been one of the first to leave. She clearly is a bit of a lost soul if you look at her own page & I think she genuinely though SJ cared for her. With no job she has resorted to returned to the Chateau.

Whatever the reason Marie came back is irrelevant. She left the chateau. This is a big no no for a narcissist. You must never leave them. Now she has has to come back with her tail between her legs & SJ will make her suffer. Sorry if this doesn't fit 66carola's view.

• Heart
Yes absolutely. 100% about control. Now she sees Marie as having to come back with her tail between her legs, she is going to rub her nose in it.

Yes. It is the hot/cold push me pull you technique of a narcissist that messes with people's heads. Marie thought she was her special friend.

Yes Kat seems to be a strong person who thinks that he's a bit of a dick. At some time she might see through SJ as being the superficial Peter Pan party girl obsessed with material goods.
SJ has definitely got peter pan syndrome kind of like Micheal Jackson (RIP)

• Heart
🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 the endless stream of LOTL wardrobe .... tiny baby Jesus jeans 👖 has worked his way threw all her drawers ....🤣🤣🤣

Can I also point out ... that APART from 2 cds 💿 - there’s no vast hoard of aging ladies sending him gifts 🎁

😂 when Thomaz was still receiving gifts 🎁 in November and nostril was - giftless still .....

Any amount of sweeties to unwrap for LOTL ...
I’m actually mortified for HIM ... shouldn’t have sent the first cd 💿😭😭😭😭

• Haha
SJ has definitely got peter pan syndrome kind of like Micheal Jackson (RIP)
This is classic faux joie (false joy) use, reward, exploit for info, turn to faithful servant on your left for confirmation...
The Chateau Diaries: REMEMBRANCE & LIGHT! 19:44

This is classic faux joie (false joy) use, reward, exploit for info, turn to faithful servant on your left for confirmation...
The Chateau Diaries: REMEMBRANCE & LIGHT! 19:44
Oooo Natti is second in command.... that is clear

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.