The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am waiting for a Dolce Gabanna Smeg fridge to appear at the chateau.
OmG you're absolutely right! SJ must have this. For 4999€ its a bargain.
"We needed a new fridge. Our old one has broken and this one is environmentally friendly."
Screenshot (801).png

Is really A+++
Here we go, Stephanie.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else feel that the ‘nativity’ should not be on the altar? In every church I have been in ( mainly Catholic) the nativity scene is in a corner of its own. Maybe things have changed - it’s been a long time.....

Reactions: 8
Brenda Gibbons is an amoeba, I fear the whole concept of IP and copyright goes over her head... but where is Nik and MP in all this? Surely they have the wit to understand that there is theft afoot?

... whilst squeaking at more Brocanteuse shite...
So beautifully put, Mojo, I think this is one of the most perfect descriptions of SJ I have ever read, it is almost Joycean; like a line out of Ulysses. That stream of consciousness approach also helps us visualize the enormous pile of woodworm infested, flea-eaten, mangy offcasts being gilden and strategically placed next to vulnerable artwork and structurally significant beams. The irresponsible way SJ treats this chateau is almost infantile... but I do not blame her for this. She has been indulged her entire life, and serious responsibilities are too plain, tiresome and dull for such a sparkling personality. Chateau de La Lande needs an adult at the helm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I really don't get all these comments about Cat's singing, it was SJ singing all the high/loud/dominant/melody/soprano part not Cat, Cat was just the quiet/low background bass harmony like PP, I think you've mistaken SJ for Cat. I'd know SJ's soprano tone anywhere, I've heard her sing enough times, plus you can tell by watching them who is singing what. In any event Cat is not a soprano so would not have had the melody part in a SATB harmony such as that.
True, but she does have a nice singing voice, too. I believe she is somewhat trained, too. Philippe the same. I would be glad if I could sing harmonies at all.

Does anyone else feel that the ‘nativity’ should not be on the altar? In every church I have been in ( mainly Catholic) the nativity scene is in a corner of its own. Maybe things have changed - it’s been a long time.....
There is no corner in the chapel😂

Reactions: 6
Besides all this comparing Picasso with Caravaggio malarkey, what bothered me most was the opening of the Advent gifts in the chapel. It cheapened an otherwise beautiful moment for me...

CHRISTMAS DIARIES DAY 8: CHRISTMAS WREATH!

SJ: “It looks so warm in your camper”
Selmar: “It’s very warm”
SJ: (shivering)
Selmar: “It’s very small”
SJ: “You’re laughing at the rest of us in there”
Selmar: (laughing) “You’re living in a big chateau in the cold, I’m living in a small camper in the warmth, and comfort”
1607698522953.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Brenda Gibbons is an amoeba, I fear the whole concept of IP and copyright goes over her head... but where is Nik and MP in all this? Surely they have the wit to understand that there is theft afoot?

So beautifully put, Mojo, I think this is one of the most perfect descriptions of SJ I have ever read, it is almost Joycean; like a line out of Ulysses. That stream of consciousness approach also helps us visualize the enormous pile of woodworm infested, flea-eaten, mangy offcasts being gilden and strategically placed next to vulnerable artwork and structurally significant beams. The irresponsible way SJ treats this chateau is almost infantile... but I do not blame her for this. She has been indulged her entire life, and serious responsibilities are too plain, tiresome and dull for such a sparkling personality. Chateau de La Lande needs an adult at the helm.
Let's hope so, Brenda sees an easy way to make money and rip everyone off. I wonder when the magic will start to wear off?

Reactions: 4
I've been in the local charity shop today. No, not for porcel-laine, napkins and rubbish. I check from time to time to see if I can find something that I can use. Found one book I wanted for 3 CHF 😊.
Saw radiators there for 18 CHF. Won't send them to Lalaland but I wonder if they couldn't have found sth like that in their Emmaüs when it was still open.

Reactions: 4
Advent vlog 9.
More and more people in the comments asking why Lalande never hire French tradesmen.
There will be a Q and A soon. Maybe Stephanie will answer their questions.
Like this British guy sweeping the chimneys.
Let's hope he knows that he needs to give them an official and mandatory certificate to prove that the sweeping has been done for their home insurance.
French tradesman are a freaking nightmare. I know, I’ve been there. That’s why Dick Strawbridge brings tradesman over from England to work on his place. Brit tradesman working in France are generally a cut above the rest and work hard because the ex-pat community on which they depend is small and word gets around if they do a bad job. The language helps too.

• Heart
Besides all this comparing Picasso with Caravaggio malarkey, what bothered me most was the opening of the Advent gifts in the chapel. It cheapened an otherwise beautiful moment for me...
Yeah that was weird. Also Marie didn't get ine6and disappeared

Reactions: 3
French tradesman are a freaking nightmare. I know, I’ve been there. That’s why Dick Strawbridge brings tradesman over from England to work on his place. Brit tradesman working in France are generally a cut above the rest and work hard because the ex-pat community on which they depend is small and word gets around if they do a bad job. The language helps too.
If you say so.
I beg to differ. At least, French tradesmen know the local rules and the country laws. Which avoid the problems like the lake. And all the other mistakes they make and are filmed in their videos !
But if the Brits prefer to live in their British bubble, ignoring the rules because they're not able to speak the language, good for them.
And you forget to mention that if they prefer to hire British tradesmen, it's because these tradesmen pay no taxes to the French state (being registered in UK) unlike their French colleagues and offer cheaper prices. And these Brits will all have their Carte Vitale (free Health French system) and other allowances depending on their own situation in France.
But eh, that's a great system !
I'm French BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
CHRISTMAS DIARIES DAY 9: A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
Pleasing Phillip grows a pair and cooks waffles that he can actually eat.

1607706163619.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I really don't get all these comments about Cat's singing, it was SJ singing all the high/loud/dominant/melody/soprano part not Cat, Cat was just the quiet/low background bass harmony like PP, I think you've mistaken SJ for Cat. I'd know SJ's soprano tone anywhere, I've heard her sing enough times, plus you can tell by watching them who is singing what. In any event Cat is not a soprano so would not have had the melody part in a SATB harmony such as that.
Yes, SJ was singing the soprano part . You can easily recognise her rather harsh tone in her upper register. Cat's voice is far more mellifluous, with a richer tone - certainly preferable qualities to high/loud or dominant. She was singing in harmony with the others rather than trying to "overpower them." but it was very easy to hear her understated, effortless harmonies. I don't think that anyone has suggested that Cat was a soprano or has mistaken her beautiful voice for that of La Diva Jarvis! I would really love to hear a solo from Cat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello bloggers and blogger readers, I just want to say, this has been a real feast for the eyes and beats any gossip magazine. I've even had some roll on the floor laughing moments. But I'm way back on thread one page number 48. I just wanted to say, you are all great, and it is okay to express yourselves. I hope to have my say sometime in the near future if I can get up to date. Happy holidays.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Dear Brenda has had an epiphany and attempts to pivot on what her tacky merchandise is all about. Ha ha.
017029BA-9190-4561-AA76-8C6974AF71E9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
LMAO, I highly doubt it!!! Looks like Brenda has been caught with her hand in the cookie jar!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.