The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand that but I was insulted ( Quebeois speak our crappy version of "French" )- so yes, I have every right to be aggressive, thank you.
Your aggression may be acceptable elsewhere but not here.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I understand that but I was insulted ( Quebeois speak our crappy version of "French" )- so yes, I have every right to be aggressive, thank you.
Aggression is a choice, not a right. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
And many of the chateaus APPEARED to be in better shape than la la land ( all with far less land) but for WAY less $$ than what StephenMe paid all those years ago.
She seems to get ripped off by every antiques dealer she buys crap from.
That over mirror she bought was once again pieced together from odds and ends. You could tell from the way the back was when they put it in the van.
But it IS for her rooms AGAIN so who cares.
I was thinking about the mirror before I fell asleep, why? I couldn’t tell you. Maybe because I thought she got taken for a ride as well. It looked too new. It looks freshly painted and the gilding is bright, not dull like an actual antique piece. The mirror “was replaced, probably”, I just kind of doubt it, the moulding would be glued and or nailed on judging by the back. And then the back that wasn’t solid. I’ve seen several videos showing how to recreate similar mirrors. Wouldn’t be very difficult with a mirror, frame, moulding , and limited carpentry skills. I bet Phyllis could whip one up in his sleep, if he wanted to.
13D73CC6-6090-4130-820A-0A9D3121F2F7.png
A535FA51-9BD8-403A-9C8F-B88258E1B90C.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
My (American) friend who is of Italian ancestry studied for several years to get her Italian passport and had to be able to speak Italian and spend time there every year. I don’t know if requirements are different for people applying from different countries?
[/QUOTE]

I don't know for the past. but now is not very easy at all. Just in a big scandal for a football player. The Rector of the University has been removed and some Fiat managers will be on trail. And yes, it is necessary to speak a fluent italian

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I was thinking about the mirror before I fell asleep, why? I couldn’t tell you. Maybe because I thought she got taken for a ride as well. It looked too new. It looks freshly painted and the gilding is bright, not dull like an actual antique piece. The mirror “was replaced, probably”, I just kind of doubt it, the moulding would be glued and or nailed on judging by the back. And then the back that wasn’t solid. I’ve seen several videos showing how to recreate similar mirrors. Wouldn’t be very difficult with a mirror, frame, moulding , and limited carpentry skills. I bet Phyllis could whip one up in his sleep, if he wanted to.
View attachment 692669View attachment 692670
Anyway I look at it, here not the vlog (can't stand watching them anymore), I see it as kitsch and gaudy, my opinion is all.

PS Sorry for your sleeplessness on the matter, but maybe better to ruminate awake than the shock of a nightmare... :D

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She won't even notice if she's being fleeced!
The patrons are being fleeced by her and she's being fleeced ... the owners of the farmhouse saw her coming a mile off and she fell right into the trap of buying the dump ... and now she's being fleeced again ... once a dumbo always a dumbo!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Anyway I look at it, here not the vlog (can't stand watching them anymore), I see it as kitsch and gaudy, my opinion is all.
Absolutely, I think it’s gaudy as well. I like a faded gilding on old pieces, but this was garish. I’m into refinishing furniture and diy stuff, so it kind of fascinated me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Florist and Cook! Looks like Dan is a perfect fit to replace Marie. ;) 😆
View attachment 692223View attachment 692225
when I saw him cutting the dead flowers I thought he definitely reads here-then I thought but damn he actually cut flowers that look cool dead

not sure I‘d call what Marie did cooking…more of a warming up of protein and sauces and pretending a random floral garnish (which added nothing positive flavorwise, texturewise, or nutritionwise) makes it respectable

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Indeed it does ... especially if you're a clochard ...
One does wonder what he would be up to if he didn't have a little stabilizing influence from his family, or at the very least, a roof over his head. I am not saying he has a wonderful family but there is that little bit of protection from a rapid downward spiral that might happen without them. He is a hot mess.

Reactions: 13
Oh yes the birthday trip to Versailles! That would explain the purple coat à la Louis 14th for Philippe!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I know this is unthinkable to many, but maybe she would need to let go of Lalande and let someone else take it on, who has the money and the interest and will to really do right by the building, versus the party pad it is now.
No amount of money will ever change the place and finding another dumbo like her ... nigh on impossible I should think ... Besides, it's the perfect marriage ... the dumbo in the dump.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The rest of the world learns English from grade 4 to 9 and speaks it.... Just saying... That's why people assume you speak French, too😊☺😘

Canada is indeed huge and so many different and remote areas. It’s actually hard to comprehend how multicultural it is! It is a lovely lovely country! I haven’t been in years but we used to go every summer!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
PS Sorry for your sleeplessness on the matter, but maybe better to ruminate awake than the shock of a nightmare... :D
Thank you🙏 Yes, these things do tend to keep me awake at night, thankfully when I do fall asleep, my weird ass dreams never include lalalande 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Yep, it's typical ChateloonBling, innit?

Reactions: 7
The rest of the world learns English from grade 4 to 9 and speaks it.... Just saying... That's why people assume you speak French, too😊☺😘
Ahhh but how much of the world speaks or wants to learn English compared to French? The real French laugh at our "French" anyhow, it's not up to snuff for them.

I find that Spanish would be more useful in my adult life.

Reactions: 9
Yep, it's typical ChateloonBling, innit?
@JustCommonSense coined the phrase “To Versailles it up”, and that’s exactly what Fanny is doing. She saw Sofia Coppola’s ‘Marie Antoinette’ and is trying to emulate the look in her farmhouse. I’ve heard through the grapevine that things didn’t end up too great for ‘ol Marie 😉.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Okay....I have to admit, I enjoyed Dan's cooking videos. Maybe I just love seeing someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen but I'll definitely give his vlogs a go.
If Dan decides cooking for SJ and her guests isn't as much fun as expected, SJ could ask her once friend Frank to step in, as he managed to cook for her B&B for years, is a very skilled chef and lives around the corner. Oh wait, she fucked up that relationship too :)

She is going to turn herself into a laughing stock
Too late for that, she already is and my bet is she knows it. She must have nightmares by now hearing Snorty's snorts even in her sleep...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Ahhh but how much of the world speaks or wants to learn English compared to French? The real French laugh at our "French" anyhow, it's not up to snuff for them.

I find that Spanish would be more useful in my adult life.
In the US, Spanish is definitely more useful. I wish I would have kept studying it past high school. I keep saying I’ll start practicing on my own, but never do. I think it would also help if I want to learn Italian, something on my bucket list

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.