Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beachgirl

VIP Member
My Mother died with dementia and heart failure a year and a half ago and boy it was hard to deal with and I am an adult!
Nursing in a dementia ward must have been so hard too !!!
My Mother was always angry at me - some patients not so , that must have been confusing for her but I guess you start to think of it as "normal" for them and as you say - she would always have an audience for her singing and stories.
I think it would have been so hard as a child and I guess she did become detached but that is some doing for a child all the same.
Yes you answered my question Mummy Dearest and gave me some more to think about too! :)
I do miss my Mum.
My dad had dementia and the day that broke my heart is when he didn’t know me and introduced one of the carers to me as his daughter😢😢😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

OneMoonbeam

Chatty Member
Fanny (and other French vloggers) said that France basically shuts in August, vacations etc. I don't think that excuses the months long saga of the downstairs loo. It really wasn't as complicated as she made it out to be. I'm kind of horrified about the back hallway just dripping with moisture and a semi-proper drainage system only being installed around back This Year.
That €19,000 Fortuny fabric purchase last year could have paid for these issues 5 times over.
FYI Fanny....I could have painted the dining hall trompe l'oeil for a fraction of what you paid but once again....Fools and Everyone Else's Money....

Hello, I’m new to the site (I was a fan of “Doing It Ourselves” but found Tattle after watching the last Michael “Truth” video and thought “I can’t be the only person who thinks this is wrong on so many levels”). I don’t know if anyone caught it, but in the video that was removed, he flat out said he probably wouldn’t be producing videos for a while…maybe not until the end of the year (unless he got a lot of money) (The other two videos he just released were already in progress, just delayed due to editing issues).
You are correct, the scrounger did threaten No New Videos unless he could basically extort lots more £€$. He is vile!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Pekey

VIP Member
I worked in a dementia unit in LTC, (and everywhere else, it’s what you do as a night nurse) and it can be chaotic, mostly in the evening (Sundowner’s Syndrome). Dementia units are generally a calm environment, it needs to be so residents don’t get agitated. Speaking as a nurse, especially in LTC because you take care of the same people for extended periods of time, you become detached, not uncaring, just careful about getting emotionally close to the residents. People die expectedly and unexpectedly, I learned how to navigate it very carefully. I don’t have a clue how her family ran their home, so I don’t know if she was around the residents on the regular, I would think she was, being that she lived there. Now imagine being a child and living in this environment and having people remember you one day and not the next, having people die. As a child, I imagine she became attached to her favorites and wondering why they were here one day and are gone the next. That’s heavy! Death is a hard thing for children to comprehend. Over time, she probably learned how to become more detached and death wasn’t as much of a shock. Again, not stephending here, but I’m sure it affected her. It affected me and I was an adult when I was figuring how to deal with all this. She never really seems that upset when people leave, this could explain why. I’m sure she wasn’t hands on, actually taking care of residents, she probably provided them with company and entertainment, I could see her singing to them, old people make great audiences. So yea, Lalande is probably very similar. I don’t think she’s uncaring, just detached. Hope this helps answer your question.
My Mother died with dementia and heart failure a year and a half ago and boy it was hard to deal with and I am an adult!
Nursing in a dementia ward must have been so hard too !!!
My Mother was always angry at me - some patients not so , that must have been confusing for her but I guess you start to think of it as "normal" for them and as you say - she would always have an audience for her singing and stories.
I think it would have been so hard as a child and I guess she did become detached but that is some doing for a child all the same.
Yes you answered my question Mummy Dearest and gave me some more to think about too! :)
I do miss my Mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

MarquisOfNadaillac

Another very boring travel flog - how many times can you recite the Wikipedia page of an old cathedral, walk around in a town saying how much you love everything, shop and eat before people realize this is just a big vanity project/scam?!

It's very redundant and uninteresting, which I think is why I liked the Fleuries so much today, a REAL vacation doing something interesting (sailboat trip) without bragging about your intellect/knowledge and shopping addiction.

**BJJ saying the reason for their trip was the antiques fair just showed she has NO interests (including in the restoration of the shatoo) except shopping! If she did she would be home taking care of that crumbling facade immediately.

Last edited:
  • Heart
MPK lost 2,000 subscribers in less than five days. After his coming out and his intro of Andresss.
And no, Gwen! It's not because people are homophobic sh*t heads, it's because people saw through the facade of your brother-in-law's dingy character and the blatant, shameless begging.

mpk live subs count.png

• Heart
  • Wow

Jikki2

Chatty Member
That made me so mad! With all the money coming in ..... buy the bloody belt you witch!
Exactly! Just buy the mower belt. This is a prime example of false economy. It's going to cost a fortune in wages when Dan and Kirsty work with subpar equipment twice as long.

Why am I not a VIP!?! What does it take!!!??????
A thousand posts and your first born child ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha

witchgrass

VIP Member
This is an historic moment. Michael Petherick has wrested the tattle title from Stephanie Jarvis. Hopefully she's editing in a good pork slapping clip in order to get back on top.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member
Although I think the dress was a European size 38 which is a UK 10.

I really enjoyed Watching his Cornish renovation, was it called it’s not easy being green.
"Its Not Easy Being Green" was a British TV programme from 2006 about Dick and his first wife and family moving into an old house and living a "green" lifestyle rather than a renovation programme.There was some renovation as the place was very rundown. They renovated the well in one episode, installed a sustainable heating system etc. They were growing their own vegetables, using natural products rather than buying commercial ones, aiming for a more sustainable lifestyle.. Dick's first wife, Bridget is a conservationist and it was mostly her vision. (I used to know her as I am involved in that sort of thing. Haven't seen her in person for a few years, except I emailed last year her about an unusual type of bee that appeared on my land as she is a bee expert. ) .
It was before their divorce. They were separating at the time. (Nothing to do with Angel) .i loved the programme. It inspired me to lead a greener lifestyle and I grow most of my own fruit and vegetables on 2 large plots of land, and have tried to live in a similar way. Yes I'm one of those "nutty eco worriers" and so is my husband . That's what my eldest son calls us. 😂

I have got to stop watching Chateau Diaries.
I'm starting to dream about them . I dreamt the inhabitants of the chateau were looking for an old farmhouse to buy to house some of their collection of tat to free up some space at the chateau. All funded by Patreons. Awful it was 😲.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Ok, that settles it. As Mason Sungazer is coming, Stephanie is not sleeping with Phillip. If she was, she would not encourage Mason to arrive at Lalande. I agree, Phillip is her BFF crossdresser companion in liew of a lapdog. :unsure:

• Haha

Mummy Dearest

I tried watching Marie’s vlog and her Nati interview and I could only make it about five minutes into each. She is beyond boring and sounds like she’s falling asleep as she’s talking. Her interviews are approx a half hour or longer and people actually sit and watch them! Maybe they’re using it as asmr to cure their insomnia, that’s the only thing I’d get out of it.

I‘d really like to know what her definition of ‘successful’ is. Does she see herself as successful? She said Steph is going to interview her for Success Stories, so she must see herself that way. I guess if successful means clicking record on a camera, being able to string three sentences together, arrange ditch weeds in a food container all while someone else foots the bill, that makes her delusional, not successful. The only thing she’s been successful at is piggy-backing off of Steph’s audience. She didn’t build an audience or clients from scratch. She’s only been able to snag 20,000 or so of the viewers, the videos with the largest numbers are Steph and Nati’s Success Stories. That tells me the audience is only interested in more LaLande content. Good luck with that when she moves away and she has to convince her audience that she alone is worth watching. She’s not earning enough to frolic from one chateau to the next arranging flowers, using other people’s homes as her backdrop. Hopefully her new ‘Marie Wilk’ van has a mattress in it, because she may find herself living in it. Unless there’s this new movement in floral arranging revolving around field flowers, I just don’t see her getting much business. Sure the natural, boho look is popular, but it’s still refined with quality florals that don’t grow in ditches, and they aren’t cheap.

Everything she does is amateur at best, the florals, the cooking, the interviewing, the IG photos, the branding, to the lighting and editing she uses. She needs to step it up big time if she wants to be an actual success story, because without that LaLande hook, she’s going to have to get a lot more creative, like topless floral arranging creative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Hot of the press comes my 2021 scoop of the year. I have managed to get an interview I have called “Wilting SuccMess”. Michael Petherick has agreed to edit it for me and so I can guarantee it will be out this Friday! In the meantime, as a special preview treat for Tattlers, I have a transcript of part of the interview below. Sadly, it did not end well so this will be my last interview - unless I get more patrons for myself. Do you understand? No more interviews unless I get more patrons. Don't forget to subscribe and watch the ads.

Me: Marie. You are my dear friend and I could not resist asking you to be interviewed as part of your own series. Could we start by highlighting your successes?

MWilt: Well, he hee. I have set up a successful flower business.

Me: Wonderful Marie. It must have been difficult raising the capital to start such a venture. How did you go about doing that?

MWilt: Oh it was easy. I just begged on the internet and the money came in.

Me: So no self investment?

MWilt: No. Except I had to buy a jam jar from Emmaus.

Me: I see. Well, people have started successful businesses with very little money. Now you are making a profit from all your clients, your patrons must be delighted that you are now able to stand on your own two feet and presumably continue to expand by re-investing the profits into the business.

MWilt: (Looks exasperated). That is not how business works at all. I don’t need to make any money myself by selling my flowers so I have no clients. Someone once asked me to take them as a customer. I said No. I am too busy.

Me: Oh I do apologise. I thought the idea was you became self sufficient and I thought you had used your profits to buy yourself a car.

MWilt. (Still exasperated). You have a funny idea of business. That is not how it works. I just collect some flowers from the roadside and put them in jam jars. Patrons pay for me to do this. I don’t want to work or have a job or develop a business so my business plan is to continue to take money from my patrons. That way I can pretend I have a business but I don’t have one. I have a brand. Well I have a vision of a brand. It is a different model to the usual patron system. I am so proud of my success in achieving this. My patrons are so pleased with me, they gifted me the car.

Me: OK. So the new business. You seem to be very ambitious starting a second business so soon after the first.

M Wilt: Yes. I am proud of my success.

Me: Did you have any start up costs with that one?

MWilt: No. Stephanie let me use her sitting room for free.

Me: Success Stories. Is that a business you are going to develop into a revenue stream for yourself?

MWilt: No. I am just going to have a chat with a few random people I already know and shove it on Youtube. It won’t attract any attention but I would not want it to. It would make me far too busy.

Me: So how will you fund the continuation of this one?

MWilt: You are not very bright. Patrons will solidify their vision of the brand by becoming top tier contributors.

Me: So your aim is to get patrons to fund everything so that income and profit becomes irrelevant?

MWilt: Goodness yes. He he hee. I am busy running my brand. I simply cannot work any harder.

Me: Do you think it might be a good idea to actually use patron money to create a business so that you can support yourself?

MWilt: DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Next interview: Michael Petherick. Title Free again in Madrid,

• Haha
  • Heart

LonePalm

Chatty Member
Personally not into the Dan appreciation ... Sick of B-Roll on a short video, heck how many times do I need to see a green van on a road! Plus he has no appreciation for his stuff - he throws everything around ... food on a conveyor belt, tools in the green monstrosity etc ...
Wow! Someone's got their knickers in a knot! Which one of the misfits are you???? Is that you Isabel?

• Haha

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
*** BEGMANIA UPDATE ***

Following the success of Ryan's mother's birthday party (documented in an award-winning flog filmed by Lazy Sadie), to which half of Essex was invited, Billy Pickpocket of Begmania announced this morning that a special event will be held at the château to celebrate the coming out of Michael Pickpocket, to which the whole of Essex will be invited. The Pickpockets, a family of scrap metal dealers and bricklayers who moved from the East End to Essex and then to the château (due to a lack of discernment on Gwen's part perhaps?), said they'd be delighted to welcome everyone and that it is all part of the family's effort to integrate in France.

EDD AND ANNA OF CHÂTEAU LAGORCE: THE ROOM COLLECTORS

Special report by Tattle journalist Billy Ollocks

Ever heard of a room collector? No, of course you haven't. Well, that's exactly what Edd and Anna of Château Lagorce are ... room collectors. Edd and Anna, who've never held down a job and have never trained in anything, inherited Château Lagorce from Edd's parents fifteen years ago. They ran a wedding business until Covid came along and flushed everything down the loo. Now Edd and Anna can devote themselves fully to their one and only passion in life ... rooms! The couple collects rooms like other people collect stamps or coins. The château boasts more than twenty rooms. Asked about his passion, Edd said: "I love rooms. The great thing about them is that you can be in one room and there's always another room next to it or across the corridor. And no room's the same as another ... some are square and others are rectangular. We like to do something different in every room: they're all plasterboarded, the floors are coated with Osmo, and a chandelier's installed. They all look the same but they're all different because they're different rooms." The couple ran out of rooms to renovate in the château so they bought a smaller château in Bordeaux with more rooms to renovate. Now that they've more or less renovated their second château they're looking for a third château with more rooms to renovate. Edd said: "I could go on forever doing floors with Osmo and sticking chandeliers on the ceiling. It's something I'll never tire of and there are plenty of châteaus on the market ... the sky's the limit!"

• Haha
  • Heart

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
I’ve just seen this on MP’s Instagram
He can do nothing, he's a Renonsense Man ...

I was there decades ago and the gendarmes are aware of the pickpockets they just look the other way. It’s considered a profession. We were pickpocketed on the streets, in the Louvre, Versailles, on the Métro. It was awful but what was worse, as a teenager, were the roaming hands on ones body while being in a crowd.
And now there are pickpockets on the Internet as well ...

• Haha
  • Heart

Jikki2

Chatty Member
I think the next title is in this post by @Espe , right?
Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil and tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

halifax

God help us all, Phillip just bought a womans blue jumpsuit and has plans on actually wearing it. There are some things, the eyes just cant unsee what they see. He looks just plain silly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29