The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a look too, wonder if I should surprise my lady with a photograph of me in underpants taken from floor angle...inspired :ROFLMAO: šŸø Perhaps young Andrew is turning out to be a role model for me, like Trotter boy...not. I wonder what Andrew's daily rate is for being a "companion"? He is a lovely lad to throw in some cleaning as well. What are people on paying them money for ? They film making a salad...tidying up card board boxes, whinging and begging. I am not a hobby psychologist, but Trotter has frightenly many of the signs of a "Grandiose Narcissist". The entitlement, the raging temper if "caught out" or things not going his way, the manipulative skills, the vindictiveness, etc. etc. Why are people still under his spell? Is the charm not fading? And while I am asking questions, how is Tatyana? Her sister is named Karen. I bet all of my socks that Tatyana was in fact named Belinda, Belinda and Karen sounds about right. People tend to stick to sort of matching names with their kids. Tatyana must be a stage name. She must be a scammer, poor gullible Selmar. We should look after our ladies, but when he defended her I was thinking it a bit odd as he has never met her as far as I can gather. He is defending an imaginary girlfriend. I did watch Stephanie and Phillip today, a fairly interesting vlog...though a bit dull too. My wife is no longer sure that they are in fact sleeping together, and I am a bit puzzled too...she acts quite maternal with him sometimes. The one piece suit...well. No words.
I believe Andrew charges Ā£125 per hour, no discount if you want a double act so Ā£250 . Selmar has gone quiet on Tatty Yana, no updates since 21st July and not,as yet, responding to questions about how she is. She should have had her second operation by now, if it is all true, but not the ā€˜procedureā€™ she supposedly went to Turkey for! I think the sister contacting Selmar has been a significant development - I get the feeling Tatty Yana wasnā€™t expecting ( or hoping for ) that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
This is all part of her strategy of smoke and mirrors, trying to hide the details of her personal life that should not be hidden to begin with is her only means of creating some kind of mystery around her persona. Remember Madame Mystery in Petherdick's crap? That is how SJ loves to portray herself to the public, while in real life there is nothing mysterious what so ever about her. She's a bored child who literally has no conversation skills other than a few enthusiastically placed adjectives. In real life she's very scared of being unmasked for the fraud she is and has taught herself the habits that work against that fear: always arrive late and make sure you leave before conversation could turn interesting and opinions are being voiced. It's going to be an interesting summer, with so many superfans coming to dinner. They will be very disappointed not to find the sparkling presence they were promised.
I am not stephending her absence at all, merely an observation, trying to put myself in the shoes of the chateau dweller(s) in Lala Land.
To me it would be a nightmare (self-inflicted, of course!). I can't imagine how anyone can live with that many people around, who all want a piece of "me", probably including a few deranged ones. Hanging out in the kitchen, queueing for the non-existent toilet, forever wanting attention, asking inane questions.
But maybe the impending guests are reasonable human beings, away from their gushiness and sychophancy online? Who knows... :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Philip is protective over Steph, I imagine he saw through Michaelā€™s phony persona and saw the actual habitual manipulator. Besides, Michael clearly likes his boys butch and bronzed.
I think you are right here. :unsure:

Reactions: 15
I am not stephending her absence at all, merely an observation, trying to put myself in the shoes of the chateau dweller(s) in Lala Land.
To me it would be a nightmare (self-inflicted, of course!). I can't imagine how anyone can live with that many people around, who all want a piece of "me", probably including a few deranged ones. Hanging out in the kitchen, queueing for the non-existent toilet, forever wanting attention, asking inane questions.
But maybe the impending guests are reasonable human beings, away from their gushiness and sychophancy online? Who knows... :unsure:
I couldnā€™t stand it either, it would mentally and physically exhaust me. And truth be told, if I had her money, Iā€™d look for any reason to get away and have some retail therapy. Iā€™m not stephending either, she chose to live like she does, but that place seems to be in constant commotion, volunteers, staff, guests, friends, family, handymen, always coming and going all the time. Cameras being shoved upside down, right side up and sideways in everyoneā€™s faces 24/7 would be a constant source of anxiety for me, she seems to love it though. It would never be a life Iā€™d chose, thatā€™s for sure! Always having to be ā€œonā€ for the cameras and guests. I could never fake it like she does. Not to mention the cooking demands, if I had the money, Iā€™d pay any price to never do the cooking. She got herself into this mess, but now she can afford to escape it whenever she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I couldnā€™t stand it either, it would mentally and physically exhaust me. And truth be told, if I had her money, Iā€™d look for any reason to get away and have some retail therapy. Iā€™m not stephending either, she chose to live like she does, but that place seems to be in constant commotion, volunteers, staff, guests, friends, family, handymen, always coming and going all the time. Cameras being shoved upside down, right side up and sideways in everyoneā€™s faces 24/7 would be a constant source of anxiety for me, she seems to love it though. It would never be a life Iā€™d chose, thatā€™s for sure! Always having to be ā€œonā€ for the cameras and guests. I could never fake it like she does. Not to mention the cooking demands, if I had the money, Iā€™d pay any price to never do the cooking. She got herself into this mess, but now she can afford to escape it whenever she wants.
Do you think Mummy Dearest that LaLaLand and all there is to it sort of reminds her of the old peoples home she was brought up in?
It was a dementia home I think and that would be difficult as dementia takes on many different forms and she had to see it all and deal with it too.
Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Although I think the dress was a European size 38 which is a UK 10.

I really enjoyed Watching his Cornish renovation, was it called itā€™s not easy being green.
I liked It's Not Easy Being Green. His kids Charlotte and James who were young adults then were great. Didn't care much for his hippie wife who often seemed to be in a world of her own. She did all the cooking for the army of volunteers. They had volunteers from all over the world, who were very much an integral part of the family. Or am I being naive and it was all showbiz?

Reactions: 7
Oh golly gosh, how could I forget the cameras?! And the endless grocery shopping, and cooking, and communal meals! A nightmare!šŸ„µšŸ¤®
But then some people love that sort of thing. I am that sad sort of person who, after 30 years of providing well balanced, vegetarian, nutritious and edible meals for all and sundry ("What's for dinner, Ma?" "Take it or leave it! " :LOL: ) is now very happy with a boiled egg and soldiers! :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Do you think Mummy Dearest that LaLaLand and all there is to it sort of reminds her of the old peoples home she was brought up in?
It was a dementia home I think and that would be difficult as dementia takes on many different forms and she had to see it all and deal with it too.
Just a thought.
I worked in a dementia unit in LTC, (and everywhere else, itā€™s what you do as a night nurse) and it can be chaotic, mostly in the evening (Sundownerā€™s Syndrome). Dementia units are generally a calm environment, it needs to be so residents donā€™t get agitated. Speaking as a nurse, especially in LTC because you take care of the same people for extended periods of time, you become detached, not uncaring, just careful about getting emotionally close to the residents. People die expectedly and unexpectedly, I learned how to navigate it very carefully. I donā€™t have a clue how her family ran their home, so I donā€™t know if she was around the residents on the regular, I would think she was, being that she lived there. Now imagine being a child and living in this environment and having people remember you one day and not the next, having people die. As a child, I imagine she became attached to her favorites and wondering why they were here one day and are gone the next. Thatā€™s heavy! Death is a hard thing for children to comprehend. Over time, she probably learned how to become more detached and death wasnā€™t as much of a shock. Again, not stephending here, but Iā€™m sure it affected her. It affected me and I was an adult when I was figuring how to deal with all this. She never really seems that upset when people leave, this could explain why. Iā€™m sure she wasnā€™t hands on, actually taking care of residents, she probably provided them with company and entertainment, I could see her singing to them, old people make great audiences. So yea, Lalande is probably very similar. I donā€™t think sheā€™s uncaring, just detached. Hope this helps answer your question.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This is all part of her strategy of smoke and mirrors, trying to hide the details of her personal life that should not be hidden to begin with is her only means of creating some kind of mystery around her persona. Remember Madame Mystery in Petherdick's crap? That is how SJ loves to portray herself to the public, while in real life there is nothing mysterious what so ever about her. She's a bored child who literally has no conversation skills other than a few enthusiastically placed adjectives. In real life she's very scared of being unmasked for the fraud she is and has taught herself the habits that work against that fear: always arrive late and make sure you leave before conversation could turn interesting and opinions are being voiced. It's going to be an interesting summer, with so many superfans coming to dinner. They will be very disappointed not to find the sparkling presence they were promised.
She could have gotten ahead of this and reduced stress for herself by being honest and owning up to it. I know of several popular social media people in the U.S. who say point-blank on camera that while they're chatty and seem normal on camera, in real life if you ran into them, they would be awkward. They will tell you they are shy and weird at real life conversation. You would never know it from their online persona. This also makes them seem real and can endear you to them. But SJ has chosen a path of seeming like perfection. Her narcissism may not allow her to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I liked It's Not Easy Being Green. His kids Charlotte and James who were young adults then were great. Didn't care much for his hippie wife who often seemed to be in a world of her own. She did all the cooking for the army of volunteers. They had volunteers from all over the world, who were very much an integral part of the family. Or am I being naive and it was all showbiz?
Charlotte! Thank you, I couldn't remember her name. I don't recall global volunteers, but there were a lot of James' college friends there. The two friends, Jim and Anda, were helping from the beginning. The only time Bridget annoyed me was about not eating the pigs; she seemed a bit self-righteous.

Something I really enjoyed was it wasn't edited to create drama like so many shows are. I don't know how much conflict wasn't shown, but it was nice this way. There weren't any fake deadlines to meet, but they didn't waste any time getting a toilet functional.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I worked in a dementia unit in LTC, (and everywhere else, itā€™s what you do as a night nurse) and it can be chaotic, mostly in the evening (Sundownerā€™s Syndrome). Dementia units are generally a calm environment, it needs to be so residents donā€™t get agitated. Speaking as a nurse, especially in LTC because you take care of the same people for extended periods of time, you become detached, not uncaring, just careful about getting emotionally close to the residents. People die expectedly and unexpectedly, I learned how to navigate it very carefully. I donā€™t have a clue how her family ran their home, so I donā€™t know if she was around the residents on the regular, I would think she was, being that she lived there. Now imagine being a child and living in this environment and having people remember you one day and not the next, having people die. As a child, I imagine she became attached to her favorites and wondering why they were here one day and are gone the next. Thatā€™s heavy! Death is a hard thing for children to comprehend. Over time, she probably learned how to become more detached and death wasnā€™t as much of a shock. Again, not stephending here, but Iā€™m sure it affected her. It affected me and I was an adult when I was figuring how to deal with all this. She never really seems that upset when people leave, this could explain why. Iā€™m sure she wasnā€™t hands on, actually taking care of residents, she probably provided them with company and entertainment, I could see her singing to them, old people make great audiences. So yea, Lalande is probably very similar. I donā€™t think sheā€™s uncaring, just detached. Hope this helps answer your question.
My Mother died with dementia and heart failure a year and a half ago and boy it was hard to deal with and I am an adult!
Nursing in a dementia ward must have been so hard too !!!
My Mother was always angry at me - some patients not so , that must have been confusing for her but I guess you start to think of it as "normal" for them and as you say - she would always have an audience for her singing and stories.
I think it would have been so hard as a child and I guess she did become detached but that is some doing for a child all the same.
Yes you answered my question Mummy Dearest and gave me some more to think about too! :)
I do miss my Mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I think there a lot of people out there that believe Philip and Steph are an item. Thereā€˜s times I question it, but I tend to sit more in the ā€œthey watch Netflix in bed together, drink wine, and fall asleepā€œ camp, it seems like theyā€™re more playing it up for the camera. Their relationship is a tricky one to analyze. Her and Petherdick played up this ā€flirtyā€ image for the camera, one that would appeal to the masses and appeal to his audience, probably made of mostly older women and lot of them bought those two as an item. People see what they want. Although many of us knew, or had a hunch Michael was gay from the get go, he didnā€™t refute the comments about himself and Steph. It was helping his brand, so why deny it. He was probably worried about losing his more conservative fans and the money they were sending him. In reality, if heā€™d just been open from the start, he would have found most people really donā€™t care that much about his sexuality, as thatā€™s not what drew them to the channel to begin with, and it probably would have brought in more money from his LGBTQ fans. Who can say? Itā€™s just how I see it.

On to Philip and Steph and their odd dynamic. Hereā€™s what I seeā€¦ A 49 year old woman with the mental capacity of a 15 year old, a 24 year old man with the mental capacity of a 15 year old. They live like they are constantly on a shopping spree with Daddyā€™s credit card. They enjoy sleepovers, makeovers, shopping montages in teenage flicks, being the center of attention, and partying because Mom and Dad are away on a perma-vacation. I get a protective vibe from Philip, like Steph is his responsibility. Steph enjoys his company because heā€™s non-threatening and loves all the stuff she loves. They bond over ridiculous outfits, Napoleanic furniture, porcelain, linens, silverware and are kindred spirits. I donā€™t get a sexual vibe from either one of them, in fact they both seem like theyā€™d be quite frigid in bed. Steph tries to be sexy, but always misses the mark, like an actor who lacks any acting skills, ā€œNote to self, research ā€™how to flirtā€™ā€, ā€œHey Siri, what do sexy people wear?ā€. She very ā€˜Iā€™m taking tips from my momā€™s Cosmopolitan magazineā€™. Philip is the same way but in an ill fitted suit and taking tips from ā€˜Redbookā€™ and ā€™Martha Stewart Magazineā€™. The funny thing is, I donā€™t think heā€™s 100% gay, I get the feeling that he morphed into this vision of what Steph wants him to be, like a ā€˜Talented Mr. Ripleyā€™ situation. She wants a BFF to galavant around Europe with, pretending to be actors in some high society film from the ā€™40s and ā€˜50s, just playing make-believe day in and day out. Again, just how I see it.

Now, MPK and Philip being together šŸ˜‚. Nope, itā€™s clear they canā€™t stand each other! That Cadeaux when they filmed together was awkward AF! I was waiting for Philip to strangle Michael. Then when they had to play nice for the camera, making garlic bread, again super uncomfortable to watch. As I said, Philip is protective over Steph, I imagine he saw through Michaelā€™s phony persona and saw the actual habitual manipulator. Besides, Michael clearly likes his boys butch and bronzed.
People here started thinking they're an item because supposedly somebody said they were seen in the village holding hands...šŸ˜‰that's the only reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That is how I came to find Tattle. One day I was watching SJ and her constant hysterical laugh was grating on me so bad I had to search on Google, "is it normal to laugh every day"...many searches later and I found this place. I couldn't understand how someone could be happy 247...each and every video, the same laugh, especially in that place...that's not normal. Many YouTubers, especially those that post regularly, always mention having a bad day. The only bad day moment I have watched SJ have, was that peachick saga.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Channel 4 always twist everything to make it look more dramatic than it is. I know that from doing some filming for a show of theirs. They control all of the dialogue. Anybody with half a brain would realise that these people don't do everything themselves. Crikey, they even had it looking like Stephanie did manual labour.
They did bin Begmania for being too boring after all šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Slightly late with this, but isn't it time we stopped calling Petherdick 'Teabag' and just referred to him as 'Tealeaf'. (One for the UK Tattlers) šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Congratulations to @Seeingitasitis :m:m:m:m:m:m

Most liked post from previous thread

Ermaghaaad!

Greetings!

I'm a long-time admirer of this common-sense forum full of decent and frank talking souls. Being more of a listener than talker Iā€™ve been content to lurk and nod in approval (and often laugh out loud) at various memberā€™s views over the last few months.

However, I am so angry at the bloody audacity of the poor mouth utterances in Petherdickā€™s latest vlog that I feel the need to vent along with youā€¦much of which has already been said but please humour me anywayā€¦.

What a sly, mendacious and self-serving character he is. Having the privilege of being given a home in his sister-in-lawā€™s beautiful French chateau, he abuses her hospitality by sneaking up to his den like the proverbial rat up a drainpipe to hold out his begging bowl to his hapless YT and Patreon subscribers, expecting them to feel sorry for him and fill his coffers (again!) after squandering thousands of their euros on his recent flights of fancy and debauchery.

His shameless exploitation and abuse of their goodwill (and idiocy!) is beyond galling.

His insincerity was clearly obvious to those of us who see him for what he isā€¦..an amoral grifter. His shifty looks, unable to look directly at the camera as he spouts lie after lie, his ā€œI canā€™t believe Iā€™m telling you thisā€ statements to justify his wretched unrequited lust fest, his ā€˜mansplainingā€™ of how the Patreon account fund total is exaggerated and nowhere near what he actually receives from itā€¦.blah, blah, blah!

And then if that wasnā€™t enough, he has the audacity to use his gayness as a crutch to prop up his ā€˜woe is meā€™ sob story.

I am so angry at this despicable swindler and probably angrier at his comatose and obtuse fans who cannot seem to wake up from their trance. Why, oh why canā€™t they see the duplicitous manipulation?

How can his family condone and enable this behaviour? From a spectatorā€™s stance, the humiliation he brings to them by association is utterly mortifying to watch.

In these difficult pandemic times where so many are struggling and we are all being prevented from living and moving about we would wish to, this clown is making a mockery of hard working, responsible and decent folk for whom he deigns to offer an ā€˜escapeā€™ through his vlogs, oh and laughably be a ā€˜role modelā€™ to. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU SELFISH, LAZY LITTLE SCROUNGER.

And in the words of the inimitable Judge Judyā€¦..ā€™GET A JOBā€™!!!!

There. Done.
Thank you for letting me vent my spleen peeps. Maybe I'll get worked up enough to have a pop at that other shameless grifter 'Beggery Stephanie' in a day or twoā€¦ā€¦.cold and calculating as she clearly is to those who can see beyond the faƧade. I can imagine sheā€™s secretly experiencing schadenfreude at her friendā€™s latest debacleā€¦. but I believe in karma and surely it is coming for her tooā€¦..

Namaste

Reactions:Bleu Lala, Interested lady, dumbblonde and 72 others

ADDING IN @Marquis de Potpourri .....WHOM called it straight.

Marquis de Potpourri

Chatty Member

Thursday at 6:01 PM
First truth bomb: "I have to bring my desktop computer everywhere. I need a high-end laptop...send money."

truth bs 3.png

Second truth bomb: "Woe is me....I am being bullied by the Strawbridges and Tattlers...send money."

truth bs 1.png

Third truth bomb: "I sugar-daddied all my money away....send money."

truth bs 2.png

What "truth" do you think will Michael Petherick reveal next?

As a former high-tier patron, F*ck you, Michael!

Reactions:You, Interested lady, dumbblonde and 62 others
I agree with all you have said but I do not believe for one minute that they were all above board with the Michael artwork situation, they were conniving and looking out for themselves and Michael and his family were too gullible .
I agree with you both but let's not forget that these TV shows Aka reality shows are scripted and more often than not have the villain and the victims, possibly only a quarter of what we see is actually factual so going into these shows I'm sure everyone is fully aware of how they function! If the petherdicks had half of the brain matter of A&D they could have been millionaires by now but they're so lazy and love playing the victim role, the begging is just to disgusting!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Her over the top drama whenever someone leaves has always stuck out to me as being beyond phony. And then the pouting. šŸ¤¢

) after being a huge Monty Python Flying Circus fan i
There are similarities with Monty Python too! I was watching SJ walking, she has a particular, very self-conscious walk when she knows a camera is watching her from behind (plus the frequent exaggerated hand movements), and I know it was more extreme in MP, but I suddenly thought of the Ministry of Silly Walks! Also, with all the chicken on the menu: roast chicken; chicken with turnips; chicken with hummus, etc., it reminded me of the restaurant that only ever served spam: spam with rice; spam with cheese; spam with potatoes, etc. Sorry, think I am regressing; it's the fault of the CD vlogs, that's the effect they have on the brain!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.