The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
looking at Dans vlog...great intro :D he isnt using the big mower...the old cows plaything...where she sat on only once for the vlog..but anyway...the belt is broken...and because the mower is almost brand new, they want a free replacement.....from the seller....wtf...coming in all that money...and they are begging for a new free belt...for a machine whats been in use for a year...what are they thinking...a new belt isnt cheap..but come on...not that expensive....No.its better to mow by hand..for hours...or use the small mower who clearly isnt capable for the heavy work.and is broken down all the time....looking at all this....i think people..get away from living in the country and go back to London...

It was fantastic. Love him taking the piss out of SJ. He really doesn't care anymore!

Interestingly, most times he is filming at LalaLand his choice of music is Baby You're Really Hurting Me. Here are the lyrics. Hmmmm.

Suddenly..
The world I used to know
I see you differently
You want me form my dream
Now is reality
Baby baby you are really hurting me

Coz everytime you tell me I am good and bad
I couldn’t fine
But nothing never chances
And now I see
Baby you are hurting me
Stop and repeat
Stop lying
like i said before..Dan is giving messages through the music...btw i like that song..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It was fantastic. Love him taking the piss out of SJ. He really doesn't care anymore!

Interestingly, most times he is filming at LalaLand his choice of music is Baby You're Really Hurting Me. Here are the lyrics. Hmmmm.

Suddenly..
The world I used to know
I see you differently
You want me form my dream
Now is reality
Baby baby you are really hurting me

Coz everytime you tell me I am good and bad
I couldn’t fine
But nothing never chances
And now I see
Baby you are hurting me
Stop and repeat
Stop lying
In daily vlog #50 he stated it was his favourite tune ;)

Reactions: 11
Dan's vlog tonight! Thoroughly enjoyable vlog. Opening intro was brilliant, I laughed 😅

For me, I don't think I will bother watching anyone else in the Chateauverse other than the Honfleur vlogs.
I enjoy self deprecating humour and seeing progress.
The rest just doesn't really interest me anymore as we've covered most of it. Admittedly there will be some interesting shenanigans with certain visitors to lalande.
Will check in from time to time to keep a weather eye on you all.
Oh please do!!!! 🤗. More often than not.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
loved Dan's intro...really taking the piss...fantastic...and yes. showed the loose chicken/cockrell so those french dogs must be lining up to get another bite into some feathered butt. so much for for the coop. must be a christmas plan. no reliable mower...must be though taking care of the grounds with a whipper sniper. damn

• Heart
I watched FRK's video.🙄
After she interviews Anna on her way out of France....and then after she airs SJ interviewing HER ( I think we know ALL about FRK ALREADY from her "self help" 😏🙄🤕 videos) ....
WHO WILL SHE INTERVIEW????? IN THE UK?
As my dad used to say, " Marie, the merry-go-round broke down".
The party is over.
It ain't gonna work.
Oh my.

She will crawl back to La la land before Christmas.😟😞

But!!!! I hope I am wrong. Maybe she will find a REAL job and stay....wherever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sadies vlog...Ma gave a party for Ryans mum...a nice gesture i should say, also since she is well again....having battled with cancer..We had the opportunity to see Ryans mum and dad...Teabeg and his beau were not there, also Mick left the honneurs to his wife..i have to say..it made me look at a middle aged womans party...only the stripper didnt attend.... :rolleyes:

It reminded me , being in Tunesia...staying in a lovely hotel...we ended up for cocktails with a bunch of middle aged single English ladies...all very well off....have to say..had a lovely time with them...great fun..much laughter, they had so much humor..

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Dan’s vlog was awesome! I hope he doesn’t get let go from cooking in the kitchen @ the chateau!
I must say that Sadie and her mother are not lazy! (I know she edits) puts the Petherick boys to shame. Ryan’s parents seemed normal. Felt bad for Alexandre he seemed like a fish out of water.
Sadie’s boyfriend was very good with Ernest. I quite liked the video even watching Pa bail the water out of the boat!

Reactions: 18
I see that the sewist and Steve have left Canada July 24/25. Again giving clues to SJ timeline. Unless they got together to get their stories straight.
Still trolling air France on the safety of their dogs. They must have heard horror stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Gardening question - when Dan cuts the lawn would he rack up the cuttings or just leave them on ground?

Reactions: 3
I see that the sewist and Steve have left Canada July 24/25. Again giving clues to SJ timeline. Unless they got together to get their stories straight.
Still trolling air France on the safety of their dogs. They must have heard horror stories.
David Walliams from Come Fly with Me - 2 min vid you might enjoy

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Dan’s vlog was awesome! I hope he doesn’t get let go from cooking in the kitchen @ the chateau!
I must say that Sadie and her mother are not lazy! (I know she edits) puts the Petherick boys to shame. Ryan’s parents seemed normal. Felt bad for Alexandre he seemed like a fish out of water.
Sadie’s boyfriend was very good with Ernest. I quite liked the video even watching Pa bail the water out of the boat!
I agree..i guess Sadie is the only one who tries to make Alexander feel a bit at home..he doesnt quite know how to react...i guess those people are not his usual invironment..sad really....you have someone in to help and he is by most treated like tit...I think he also would work on my nerves..a bit..but when you have people in to work for you , you treat them nice...and makes them feel at home..

Gardening question - when Dan cuts the lawn would he rack up the cuttings or just leave them on ground?
Looking at the troubles he has with his lawnmowers...i guess there is a lott of rubbish in the grass.,those belts dont snap like that..and when i see his assistent busy with the tomatoes..i think girl... you have no idea how to grow them...I think i have to go there...and teach them some lessons...Nahhhh, not gonna waste my time out there...the rooms give me itches and the look of the food makes me sick..not even talked about the people around...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Have just watched Marie's vlog from last night. I think she should learn how to pronounce Hampshire if she's going to stay there. She wants to find her own place where there is room for workshops, etc. I wonder how she intends to finance that plus all the overheads; need we really ask that? I wonder also when she will register her company. As "Success Stories" is now "her passion", I wonder just how much she will do with the flower side of her business. I can't really see how she is doing "visual storytelling". First, the only visual bit is that there is a camera but to me "visual storytelling" suggests something very different from one person sitting in a chair interviewing another person sitting in a chair and it's hardly a story either. All very unclear and what is the link between the floral part and the "Success Stories" part? Again, it's a bit premature for SJ to interview her as a "success" as she hasn't really done anything much yet and we have yet to see how the "florals" take off. She thinks the handful of interviews so far has been a great success because of the feedback comments. She has just fed off her chateaux contacts and CD fans. She has put very little work or effort into anything at all yet. What happens when she runs out of chateau-related people to interview? I think she needs to learn some more discourse markers, rather than constantly repeating "So, yeah", "Wow" and "ha, ha, ha". I agree that the brand printing will not look good on the car as that blue looks quite dark. She also needs to get rid of the nervous scratching behind her ear, it does not look professional!
I've been avoiding her videos because I actually feel bad when I'm mean about Marie. I do a hard involuntary eyeroll even when she's describing the menu to guests. Now that I'm caught up, it's exactly as bad as I thought it would be. Nati is actually interesting. Marie's reactions to Nati solicit more involuntary eyerolling from me. I'm sure she's nice enough in person and might even be capable of having an interesting conversation off camera. I even like her laugh! The big real laugh and not the fake courtesy laugh/giggle punctuation. But her channel(s) are so bleeping boring. Just awful. :rolleyes:
SJ has said she has put an enormous sum aside for the restoration of the lake. If she has any sense, she will also put a sum aside for future maintenance and staff for gardens and an onsite handyman. Once the chateau is restored - and she is talking 5 years at least - people will wonder what $30,000 a month is for and the contributions will dry up. Therefore, work must be sufficient to keep patron interest, but little enough to keep the whole process going on as long as possible. The interest in the outside is because that is where the bulk of the money is going. If she does the inside first, people may not be so interested in watching a pool house being built. So contrary to common sense, it will be outside first and inside last.
This is actually smart though. The garden is the easy part, and the fastest content provider. It's why I joined this cult.

She's becoming my favorite of the chateau youtubers. She has a matter of fact way of going about her day that's similar to Nicki Positano, even if what she's filming isn't nearly as interesting it'll do. It's still got parties that don't seem fake, little dogs leaping through the woods like tiny deer and she's not so self conscious about filming like the rest of the pethericks.

Dan's Stephanie intro was hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
That will be fun...Shrek and Fiona back at lalande...and a bunch of dogs...i guess Fan Flash has to take refuge in her booodoir..lets hope those dogs dont kill her menagerie.. :rolleyes: or do they own lapdogs?? then Diesel has some playmates..

• Haha
I tried watching Marie’s vlog and her Nati interview and I could only make it about five minutes into each. She is beyond boring and sounds like she’s falling asleep as she’s talking. Her interviews are approx a half hour or longer and people actually sit and watch them! Maybe they’re using it as asmr to cure their insomnia, that’s the only thing I’d get out of it.

I‘d really like to know what her definition of ‘successful’ is. Does she see herself as successful? She said Steph is going to interview her for Success Stories, so she must see herself that way. I guess if successful means clicking record on a camera, being able to string three sentences together, arrange ditch weeds in a food container all while someone else foots the bill, that makes her delusional, not successful. The only thing she’s been successful at is piggy-backing off of Steph’s audience. She didn’t build an audience or clients from scratch. She’s only been able to snag 20,000 or so of the viewers, the videos with the largest numbers are Steph and Nati’s Success Stories. That tells me the audience is only interested in more LaLande content. Good luck with that when she moves away and she has to convince her audience that she alone is worth watching. She’s not earning enough to frolic from one chateau to the next arranging flowers, using other people’s homes as her backdrop. Hopefully her new ‘Marie Wilk’ van has a mattress in it, because she may find herself living in it. Unless there’s this new movement in floral arranging revolving around field flowers, I just don’t see her getting much business. Sure the natural, boho look is popular, but it’s still refined with quality florals that don’t grow in ditches, and they aren’t cheap.

Everything she does is amateur at best, the florals, the cooking, the interviewing, the IG photos, the branding, to the lighting and editing she uses. She needs to step it up big time if she wants to be an actual success story, because without that LaLande hook, she’s going to have to get a lot more creative, like topless floral arranging creative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’ve just seen this on MP’s Instagram
I am absolutely convinced that all these so called fawning / inspiration quotes

Are all self made

If METHERICK bought subscribers - and we know he did

He’s not stuck on multiple accounts with multiple names … to gush all over himself

Philly does it and stated it
METHERICK is hardly got a busy day

Wake up
Scratch balls
Make coffee
Day over
…..

Problem is …. The state of his brain 🧠
He actually believes everything he writes

Nurse 👩‍⚕️
As before …. Pick up on level 4
Yep 👍
Cinders in the attic …
👎 nope Flowers in the attic … escaped yesterday

Uk 🇬🇧 are all over it …😂

is this video locked now?
So FRK was working and only making 500 per month
For solid work
But
Moves back to lalande and makes 2 grand a month
Doing sweet duck all

Beginning to see a pattern here
Of
Grifters
Who without getting free money
Can’t actually function in the real world 🌍
😈

Dan's vlog tonight! Thoroughly enjoyable vlog. Opening intro was brilliant, I laughed 😅

For me, I don't think I will bother watching anyone else in the Chateauverse other than the Honfleur vlogs.
I enjoy self deprecating humour and seeing progress.
The rest just doesn't really interest me anymore as we've covered most of it. Admittedly there will be some interesting shenanigans with certain visitors to lalande.
Will check in from time to time to keep a weather eye on you all.
If you think your gonna disappeared 👻
Think on

Haven’t seen one CD 💿 grifter special

And can read here to see if it’s worth a view …

Do not disappear Q
Hoping it’s just sunny weather n holidays
But @Jeeves Mia @FrenchGirl123 …. And many others …..
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

Will send 👩‍✈️

Patron money 💰 is only for
Curtains
Wallpaper
Gardens
Renovation

Any furniture is YouTube money saved up
After
Paying for staff and running costs

Only thing is
All the last pieces of renovation monies has all been spent on SSB and her apartment

So no change then despite patrons been told different

And the grifting continues with snorts now deep breathing all over the vlog

Whist self isolation befor collecting his girlfriend

If he wasent actually trying to not deliberately kill her

He’d have known that isolated ppl are exactly that

They have ZERO contact with anyone - so wearing a mask and still filming SSB - dosent count

Let’s hope his friend can survive his complete ingorant behaviour

Hope the Marquis apartment was professional cleaned 🧼 for his near death 💀 door friend .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.