The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been watching the chateau-verse unwind for some time and admiring the beggars and all their wonderful spin offs. One in particular is quite interesting and doesn’t fit the usual, poor me I own/want a Chateau but have no money schtick.

Dan the man. Dan who now has a master plan, Dan. Jack of all trades and master of none. To be honest, that’s most young Brits who move to France. That’s not being disrespectful.

His greatest strength is his belief in himself and that he’s an opportunist. He started vlogging a year ago on a potato and now fires out daily vlogs on a €2k camera. He’s the Casey Neistat of Rural France with more drone shots in one vid than unfinished projects at LaLaLand.

Whilst original cinematographer come graphic designer MPK has hit the self destruct button. Dan has reinvented himself as the hip, young trendy YouTuber in France’s fosse septic.

Fair play to him for grinding out these videos, probably editing them whilst listening to a Gary Vee TED talk.

My only worry for our man Dan is after crunching the numbers. Since 11th July he amassed 400k views vs Shatoo Diaries 600k. If he continues on this trajectory he will over take the hand that feeds. As we well know from our ego driven Oxbridge protagonist, this will not end well for Dan.

There is a reason why Downton Abbey was so popular. Everyone watching knew their roles, it was familiar to our working lives. You’re the boss. I’m the worker. It was also easy to follow. Upstairs. Downstairs. Now Dan is half way up the stairs. Which way will he go...?

As a side note, who is Marie going to interview next... Thor!? Give me a break. What is this pile of hot mess. It’s another ‘let’s do a podcast and interview our friends!’ Just call it that and be done. Ffs.

As the Chateau-verse continues to expand, Stephanie can’t keep up with the Patreon’s demands!
I see Dan as more of a realist observing the fluffy, mythical world of Lalande. He is no fawning peasant doffing his cap to the gentry, as in Downton Abbey. I think he gets on with SJ, there's quite a bit of banter between them, but he can see the reality of life there with its problems, and mismanagement, but as he has made it clear, he has signed a non disclosure agreement, now SJ has a following on YouTube and is on a TV programme. They need to keep the fantasy of love and laughter going. The perfect world of Lalande.

I used to, many years ago, work in the gardens of a castle, owned by a couple of aristos fallen on hard times. Death duties swallowed the inheritance. The lady of the house wore charity shop clothes, the husband squeezed into his dead grandfather's suit for occasions, only a couple of rooms were heated in winter. You get the picture. They had gorgeous gardens, and so opened the gardens to the public with cream teas and later a farm shop. The reality was still far from the idyll the public saw, as the house was deathly cold in winter, the revenue paid the bills, but money was tight. There were still the problems of large old buildings to deal with, rodents, water ingress, roof tiles coming off in storms, rising damp, failing radiators, cold and estate staff wages to find every month . Lord knows how they've managed over lockdowns., but at least they had a nice place to be confined in, unlike many poor folk during the pandemic.
I wouldn't want to inherit or buy one of these old places. The house owns you, you don't own the house. Nowhere near as many people would subscribe to a vlog about the reality of Lalande without "the magic" thrown in. I think Stephanie just hit the zietgeist, the pandemic left a lot of people isolated and lacking in hope and joy. She is very personable, enthusiastic, beautiful , good at vlogging, despite the "narcissistic" personality and the manipulation she pulls off, and she made the early vlogs so interesting. Maybe this popularity will recede as the pandemic recedes?
Dan is a pragmatist, he wants his job, but he really needs to keep it now for his YouTube content, as his channel is taking off. He will have a certain loyalty to SJ, if only for his increasing subscribers. His vlogs wouldn't work without the chateau. SJ is smart enough to see how popular Dan and his family are. It helps her vlogs to have him featuring the chateau in his trendy vlogs . They have a symbiotic relationship. He'll be fine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I have never supported Marie. It disgusts me that she still champions Meagan Markle (video delayed a few weeks according to her YT site) despite the proven lies promoted by this woman. Marie you display your shallowness and ignorance daily by your support for this woman. SJ read this comment to her - Marie educate yourself, read wildly on all social forums (eg actual news agencies) before aligning yourself to unsavoury characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We had already established she's a hooker, vulgar is just an extra adjective to clarify what kind.

No no, the liability lies in FRK constantly posting pictures that messed up SJ's timeline. And her unprofessional approach, despite SJ's attempts to coach her, was tearing into the tit show's public conception (SJ's words).

You could not be any closer to the truth...
it did seem as if FRK was most often shown doing chores or being teased or ”in a mood” in the last several months

maybe Fanny was the the generous Buy-Me-A-Coffee benefactor-certainly easier to help someone make a hasty (or not so hasty in Marie’s case) exit if you pay for it

still leaning toward their relationship being intimate-its the little things: to many inside/partner jokes, him not treating her like a queen but like his queen ( see: saying she wanted ice cream why didn’t he ask her (also weirdly “but daddy I want” vibe) and he runs and gets her ice cream), always traveling together, and when she teases him-sometimes he actually looks hurt (see: toast racks)-I’m just waiting for him to accidentally call her “babe” in some other chateau’s flog-and they cleverly leave it in the edit

the employer/employee relationship is nonexistent at this point-at least as far as boundaries-although assume he is still getting an actual paycheck not just all the “benefits“ he is clearly enjoying because he buy so much crap for “our garden“ and “our kitchen“ and.“our salon” and finally since he has said he will be around for the “foreseeable future”

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Whoaaaaa I took a tattle break (because I have a paaarfect idea and needed to work it out). Tattle exploded. MP stealing the show from SJ!!!

And I have watched MP's vid's. I got waaaay to curious about Andrew. God that was a boring watch! He made salad & cleared the hallway. I guess he needs another 7 weeks in Madrid now. I wished I had watched the deleted video. Seems that one was the most exciting one!
As for Andrew and his hourly rate. I'm not sure how I feel about prying into his business. I feel incredibly sad that these boys are selling their bodies possibly for a better life.

I also watched SJ, in 2 weeks the chapel restorer will start project chapel. I think this guy will outsmart SJ, because he has a chandelier and paneling in the chapels style. 😈

While SJ was shouting from her balcony to the terrace I was thinking about the rotten window frames and I googled wooden double glazed windows. It's about £1300. She has 100 windows! Thats £130.000 for replacing the windows alone! But than again what is 130k for SJ? Get 10 windows done each month and you are done in 10 months and patreons would be over the moon when each shipments gets delivered.
But hey, let's focus on the garden, thay will keep us warm in the winter...right SJ?
She has to replace all the rusty radiators as well.

Reactions: 12
As @Dippy Hippy suggested back in the mists of time, Cara is a good ole girl who will add some much needed energy, wacky or not, to Lalande. Let her spin her wool -- I am very interested in this -- and ricochet around the place. She's red-blooded and well meaning and hell bent on having a good time. Perhaps not BCBG but neither are the Lalanders, no matter what they tell themselves.
I'm wagering SJ treats her like she treated Ma Petherick -- without cause, just because Cara is fat. I hope I don't have to see any of the tragic photos like those taken when Brenda Gibbons, decades and stones out of place, visited and was photographed like The Aged Parent totally out of it, isolated on a couch somewhere in a corner of the grand salon while the Lalanders danced in their onesies.
A lot of her energy is preemptive, I think. Alexander Pope was four and a half feet tall and hunchbacked. He said it took him about 20 minutes to make people forget it.
Cara does not seem the type to let anyone put her in the fat corner-she certainly celebrates her womanhood-and good for her!

she also seems the type that is lots of fun for about 2 1/2 weeks then everyone is exhausted and over it-will be fun to see in about 6 weeks when Fanny shows her in some flogs-if she shows her 😏 (Pro-tip for Cara: don’t block Fanny’s light she hates it and will put you in the bad light every chance)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She was dressed more for the lambada
Oh my was that the most awkward thing to watch and watch people watching her trying to keep their heads lifted 😂…-get the feeling she knew how short her dress was and would flirt with a door frame let alone her innocent embarrassed guests . Attention narcissist disorder etc. and her folks clearly just fed her that. I mean :. ‘Mummy and Dadddy’??? You’re fricking 45 woman !!!
she just looks like -/ spare me — ‘mutton’ dressed as lamb. 🙈 . My god that stiff leg. Jesus Christ 😂 It was so embarrassing to watch

Rant over.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have heard that the real reason Road Kill girlie has left the tit show is because SJ ordered her too because the imbecile had become too much of a liability. One of my sources even told me SJ has given FRK pocket money to spend on her holiday, sorry quest for a new "studio"

Selmar is next on SJ's list on who to remove and replace. Claus was not the first hint in that direction, but she had to get rid of FRK first.
She paid MW to leave? In what way is MW a liability? I mean I know why I think she is, but not why SJ, who loves her subs, does.
Never mind, Snorty ordered it because she declined his offer of a table setting for her birthday. A little internecine bitey squabble between the former favorite and the new favorite.

Just another comment on that God awful tango from Selmar and Fanny, I can't believe how two people can make what is usually such a sensual dance, so utterly sexless.
Exacto. I thought that was curious too. Given the sizzle off the tango professionals -- even the elderly/not good looking ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I have been watching the chateau-verse unwind for some time and admiring the beggars and all their wonderful spin offs. One in particular is quite interesting and doesn’t fit the usual, poor me I own/want a Chateau but have no money schtick.

Dan the man. Dan who now has a master plan, Dan. Jack of all trades and master of none. To be honest, that’s most young Brits who move to France. That’s not being disrespectful.

His greatest strength is his belief in himself and that he’s an opportunist. He started vlogging a year ago on a potato and now fires out daily vlogs on a €2k camera. He’s the Casey Neistat of Rural France with more drone shots in one vid than unfinished projects at LaLaLand.

Whilst original cinematographer come graphic designer MPK has hit the self destruct button. Dan has reinvented himself as the hip, young trendy YouTuber in France’s fosse septic.

Fair play to him for grinding out these videos, probably editing them whilst listening to a Gary Vee TED talk.

My only worry for our man Dan is after crunching the numbers. Since 11th July he amassed 400k views vs Shatoo Diaries 600k. If he continues on this trajectory he will over take the hand that feeds. As we well know from our ego driven Oxbridge protagonist, this will not end well for Dan.

There is a reason why Downton Abbey was so popular. Everyone watching knew their roles, it was familiar to our working lives. You’re the boss. I’m the worker. It was also easy to follow. Upstairs. Downstairs. Now Dan is half way up the stairs. Which way will he go...?

As a side note, who is Marie going to interview next... Thor!? Give me a break. What is this pile of hot mess. It’s another ‘let’s do a podcast and interview our friends!’ Just call it that and be done. Ffs.

As the Chateau-verse continues to expand, Stephanie can’t keep up with the Patreon’s demands!
The chauffeur moved upstairs in Downtown Abbey by marrying the boss's daughter

• Heart
I was just SO happy to see and hear LESS of SNORTS that I would watch that SAD performance of Selmar and his unrequited love every week.
BJJ needs to go back home...soon!
I thought Davey did a MUCH better job being Fanny's cameraman anyway!!!

Reactions: 10
Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil and tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

That's all that comes to mind just now!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I see Dan as more of a realist observing the fluffy, mythical world of Lalande. He is no fawning peasant doffing his cap to the gentry, as in Downton Abbey. I think he gets on with SJ, there's quite a bit of banter between them, but he can see the reality of life there with its problems, and mismanagement, but as he has made it clear, he has signed a non disclosure agreement, now SJ has a following on YouTube and is on a TV programme. They need to keep the fantasy of love and laughter going. The perfect world of Lalande.

I used to, many years ago, work in the gardens of a castle, owned by a couple of aristos fallen on hard times. Death duties swallowed the inheritance. The lady of the house wore charity shop clothes, the husband squeezed into his dead grandfather's suit for occasions, only a couple of rooms were heated in winter. You get the picture. They had gorgeous gardens, and so opened the gardens to the public with cream teas and later a farm shop. The reality was still far from the idyll the public saw, as the house was deathly cold in winter, the revenue paid the bills, but money was tight. There were still the problems of large old buildings to deal with, rodents, water ingress, roof tiles coming off in storms, rising damp, failing radiators, cold and estate staff wages to find every month . Lord knows how they've managed over lockdowns., but at least they had a nice place to be confined in, unlike many poor folk during the pandemic.
I wouldn't want to inherit or buy one of these old places. The house owns you, you don't own the house. Nowhere near as many people would subscribe to a vlog about the reality of Lalande without "the magic" thrown in. I think Stephanie just hit the zietgeist, the pandemic left a lot of people isolated and lacking in hope and joy. She is very personable, enthusiastic, beautiful , good at vlogging, despite the "narcissistic" personality and the manipulation she pulls off, and she made the early vlogs so interesting. Maybe this popularity will recede as the pandemic recedes?
Dan is a pragmatist, he wants his job, but he really needs to keep it now for his YouTube content, as his channel is taking off. He will have a certain loyalty to SJ, if only for his increasing subscribers. His vlogs wouldn't work without the chateau. SJ is smart enough to see how popular Dan and his family are. It helps her vlogs to have him featuring the chateau in his trendy vlogs . They have a symbiotic relationship. He'll be fine.
Absolutely brilliant post. I agree with all that you say.

Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil and tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

That's all that comes to mind just now!
Love it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.