The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exacto.
I have had more than one fleeting thought about their Bridgerton scenario.
Did they not notice half the aristos were black? Starting with the queen?
I don't recall as clearly the races of the varlet and wench classes in Bridgerton. I seem to remember black and white footmen in powdered wigs.
Those great houses, built on the bones of ill paid, possibly indentured servants, possible peonage -- and fortunes earned off black slaves cutting cane across the sea. Even Jane Austen and Dickens touch on fortunes based in slavery.
What's your point ?? It's a fictional dramatisation. At least those actors had a job.

We all live in a world that is built upon these business practices. No getting around it.
I was born into one of those 'great houses' paid for with the blood, sweat and tears of slaves. SSB wasn't. 😂

Move on.

Have you not noticed how many black people are in adverts and public facing positions since BLM kicked off. The reaction was nearly as quick as B.Gibbons. Not quite though, give her her due, no-one is as quick as DB. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My guess on this would be that whatever the 'rent' actually is, it's deliberately a get-out/cover for Marie to be deemed self-employed rather than an employee. Something along those lines anyway.

Further to that, as a sole trader how she can claim to have at least 3 clients is a mystery as she doesn't want to do any actual jobs at all, other than her insipid jam jar atrocities.

It's all very hazy ....
It’s all very lazy…(edited because wtf spell check-first ‘las’ then auto correct to Sylvia?)

Reactions: 2
Those big chateaux are a nightmare..even with a business you cannot cope...and if you have the money you would be a fool to invest it into something moneydraining like that...the work never stops..the cleaning.. the gardens, the maintenance..it never stops..and it drains your pocket very quickly..also the covid issues have learnt us that the lucrative gites can be very risky..when you get a lockdown..no one comes..And then i dont even mention the lack of comfort in wintertimes.. When you wanne buy in France buy something smaller, with not too much land...the taxes in France are heavy and the neighbors wont pay you for using your, well payed... many acres of land..Buy something you still can manage when you are retired..and doesnt empty your bankbalance..like Peter and Anna...and they... very sad..still had to sell..

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
From the live chat
How To Renovate A Chateau
Why you should not volunteer at this chateau

ChiChiBlanchett
$10.00
Do you feel it's ethical for a business to use "volunteers" ? "we treat our free laborers really well" sounds like plantation owner mentality.

How To Renovate A Chateau @ChiChiBlanchett thank you very much, Chichi!

ChiChiBlanchett in my world we pay people who work for our business. call me old fashioned.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
As I sit in my sewing room with my saucer of cream and a side of catnip I can’t help but think of our dear Sara. No, no I am not her! Was looking at her social media to see if there were any updates on their new digs. Well I noticed that she had been doing reviews of sewing patterns. Nothing wrong with that! However if you have watched any of the actual people that are fabricating true historical garments they do not use modern patterns like Simplicity or Butterick. They create their own as they would have in the past. I fell down that rabbit hole of YouTube at the same time I discovered CD. I am amazed that SJ possesses some skills in this area but I guess too preoccupied with other amusements to have done the work herself or maybe to have helped her guest out a little.
still can’t wrap my head around the whole historical costumes workshops in the countryside. Especially when they are not historical.
Sorry to change the subject!

Reactions: 24
Stormy weather for MPK...

From his last vlog YT comments :

Nadia G
Nadia G
2 days ago (edited)
Agree! But sadly people are just blind and when you say anything about it, they want to bite your head off! I feel sorry for all the patrons. Look at he's last videos at the chateau, nothing was done at the cottage, taking advantage of people like that is simply wrong. There are so many other vlogs on chateau restorations that desperately need the money.

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Mind your own business! Why can't he go on vacation? He doesn't need anyone's permission?

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Jennifer you are selfish for not understanding that sometimes people need time away.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Lol, found the white knight. Oh, poor M, living rent-free in a French chateau with acres of open space. No job, no responsibilities, no health issues.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Maybe he needs the permission of the people who paid for it thinking they were supporting his cottage and videos?

Nadia G
Nadia G
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia When other people's money are involved they are allowed to get peeed off!! He is using people!!

Wade Wilson
Wade Wilson
1 day ago
Hey Celeste, no one is being nasty by stating the obvious, so there is no need for your rudeness. There's no need for any rudeness. The simple fact is he's not doing what he promised. The man is talented he's good at what he does but there's a line which he's pushing across very quickly. Look at what Stephanie is doing with the funds she is receiving and the amount of work she's putting in for the people who are paying for it. Then look at what Michael is doing. Chalk and cheese. Yes Stephanie makes more money but she's not off on holidays for weeks and weeks at a time with no content. Even while she is away she makes an effort to do as much as possible for the patrons. So you can see why people are starting to get annoyed. Sounds like you are trying to justify why you put your hard earned money in Celeste! People have a right to voice their concerns. As long as it's not personal and down right rude. It's called constructive criticism. I like the guy but I see everyone's point of view. Michael, read and answer people's questions and engage more with the people who clearly like you and support you. Then there won't be any need for criticism. And people keep your questions above the waste line and stop trying to pry into his personal life. Who he beds at night is no one's business but his. If he wants to share then he will. Let's all see what happens next. I hope everyone has a great day. Cheers
Read more

Della Morgan
The thing is he keeps posting photos online looking for new “friends” so he is making his personal life public once word circulates. And I think the patrons who keep defending how he allocates the patreon $$$$ are in denial. “Celeste” needs to wake up.

Reactions: 17
More from the end of the live chat...
Now where have we heard an idea like this???????
This family will out pace our other chateau friends in no time.

FJ Marcliff Gee it might be a nice idea if you allowed the patrons who wanted to sponsor the renovation of a shutter and have their initials engraved in them

How To Renovate A Chateau @FJ Marcliff that's a nice idea!

FJ Marcliff
$100.00

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm going to stick my neck out here, and say I don't mind the look of the food she produces. I think her flower ability is roughly zero, and can't, or won't grow plants, so the whole thing is a bit of a non-starter. But she seems to be capable in the kitchen. Also bearing in mind the ridiculous number of dietary requirements that have to be catered for at all times. I wouldn't have the patience!
well…that greyish brown slop she serves is very unappetizing at least on camera. there are many vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free meals that are easily prepared and which can be served to carnivores along with simple meat cooked and served on separate apparatuses (the amount of cross-contamination in that kitchen gives me the heebiegeebies)

it’s as if she can’t see the beauty in a meal prepared with color and texture-so odd for someone who claims to be so interested in arranging flowers into mayonnaise jars

honestly, all of them consume enough processed food and candy to make their belly aching about what they “won’t eat” seem ridiculous

if they can drink wine they can eat like grown-ups

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think in the show Emily in Paris she lives in one of those apartments.
As I sit in my sewing room with my saucer of cream and a side of catnip I can’t help but think of our dear Sara. No, no I am not her! Was looking at her social media to see if there were any updates on their new digs. Well I noticed that she had been doing reviews of sewing patterns. Nothing wrong with that! However if you have watched any of the actual people that are fabricating true historical garments they do not use modern patterns like Simplicity or Butterick. They create their own as they would have in the past. I fell down that rabbit hole of YouTube at the same time I discovered CD. I am amazed that SJ possesses some skills in this area but I guess too preoccupied with other amusements to have done the work herself or maybe to have helped her guest out a little.
still can’t wrap my head around the whole historical costumes workshops in the countryside. Especially when they are not historical.
Sorry to change the subject!
Bernadette Banner and Kathy Hayes are two historical costume experts that are worth following, and there are many others that know what they're doing. It takes a lot of skill in the areas of pattern making, sewing, and fitting to pull it off. Then there's the choice of fabrics and trims. Quite involved and complicated. If all you want is a Halloween costume or something to do in a pinch for a high school drama, then by all means, go with the commercial patterns. You get what you pay for. So far, I haven't seen any authentic costumes at the shatoo. Also, the cost of replicating historic costumes is very expensive. They only use natural fabrics, such as silk, wool, linen and cotton. I truly hope no one wastes their money and time taking a workshop from Sara unless they just want make believe.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The champagne bottle opened that way was me ! ;)
What a waste.

When I was young, I used to live in a "chambre de bonne" (servant bedroom) in Paris, in a big bourgeois Parisian building. In the past, these servant bedrooms were for the bourgeois owners' servants. Now, they are rented to students etc. They are located in the 6th floor, no lift, servants stairs at the back of the building, and for the one I had : loo in the corridor for all the people living in these servants bedrooms. But they were "modern" loo... luxury ! 😅
But it was great fun... it was Paris !
Nowadays, these servants bedrooms have their loo and are transformed into tiny tiny flat rented a fortune of course.
This is interesting. My second cousin told me about her niece who lives in Paris. She married a Parisian has lived there most of her adult life but now they spend most of their time in southern France due to the world situation. I had never heard before of how owners purchase more space. Apparently, they now have a three level apartment (not sure what they are referred to in French). I cannot remember which arrondissement they are located in but found this unique. I guess anything would be interesting when you live in Vermont!

Reactions: 6
And so all roads lead back to...

I love their stuff. I am so enchanted with the house with the pink shutters!

Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="Who_Cares_Anyway?, post: 4810440, member: 204124"

(Just for reference - this dress was not actually by Issey Miyake but by the designer Yuki. He made it for her in two colours and Lilian even got Queen Silvia to start wearing his designs.)
[/QUOTE]
She was wonderful. Those early pre-Bertil pix of her! Thank you for the CX.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not to bring up the “slavery” subject. One thing that has been bugging me is that these people who buy these enormous chateaux don’t seem to consider the amount of work it takes just to maintain them not withstanding the amount of renovation and money it takes to keep these mausoleums functioning. There is a reason why these huge arcs of the robber barons and the aristocrats were abandoned. They ran purely on the backs of the slaves, the indentured servants and the uneducated underclasses. I too have been struck by the bros of decay episodes. Where the inhabitants have lived in squalor in comparison to modern day living.
I no longer think that there is a “romance” to these places. Especially when one reflects upon the times in which they thrived and the social and economic injustices that prevailed.
Oh and I have no doubt with my French& Irish roots I would have been downstairs. No illusions of grandeur!
Good point! It's obvious that materials are money. Labor is also money.

This might be controversial, but why should all these chateaus be saved? Why not sell the pieces that have value, knock the rest down, and replace with something designed for modern lifestyles. People get emotional and think these places should be rescued. SJ is exploiting that. If Lalande and chateaus like it disappeared now, no one would remember or miss them in even 10 years. That's how meaningless this all is, unless someone adds meaning with marketing on YouTube.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Nah. I just think slavery accusations are over the top and unjustified.
Again, undeclared work and failure to pay the minimum wage rate could be appropriate charges. A labour inspector might want to look into those.
Anyway, at the moment SJ will claim they are all just friends staying for unspecific time contributing to the household like friends would do.

MPK down to about $4500 per month. Wasn’t his patreon account at about $6K last month? Self destruction! 💣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
This is why I love Tattle so much—another interesting YouTube channel that doesn’t seem to be contrived.
I absolutely LOVE Jonna Jinton! She is adorable, talented and lives in such a beautiful place in Sweden. She loves what she does and she is never grifting.

Last edited:
This is just classic “the dog ate my homework” bullshitery. He’s just stringing people along as he has done in the past. Poor loser is better off broke in the country in my opinion. He was more productive at least.
How interesting, so dogs eat homework in your country, too? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Good point! It's obvious that materials are money. Labor is also money.

This might be controversial, but why should all these chateaus be saved? Why not sell the pieces that have value, knock the rest down, and replace with something designed for modern lifestyles. People get emotional and think these places should be rescued. SJ is exploiting that. If Lalande and chateaus like it disappeared now, no one would remember or miss them in even 10 years. That's how meaningless this all is, unless someone adds meaning with marketing on YouTube.
I agree with you. While there are some stunning chateaus in France, a lot of them, including La Lande, aren't that nice. Personally, I think La Lande is pretty plain and even in some respects rather ugly. Hardly, any architectural detail. Location sucks. It's just a big old rambling monstrosity. SJs whole sales pitch of being the custodian for future generations is just old fashioned BS to hood wink her patrons into thinking she is not doing any of this for herself.

MPK down to about $4500 per month. Wasn’t his patreon account at about $6K last month? Self destruction! 💣
He'll probably come up with a big old sob story to wring more money out of suckers.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.