The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You sound similar to me. I did too much sport and damaged my knees having to have several cartilage ops over the years. Like you I have no cartilage left and due to being unable to walk very far I too have put on weight. My GP has told me to chase up the hospital myself. 😒
Mine started as an old injury from back in my 20s i'd done dance from an early age and should have got it seen to back then but in your 20s you're invincible. Finnished it off when I moved here and joined a (when it was more popular and not really my thing) line dance group to get myself intergrated a bit more. We were in the middle of a routine I moved but my left leg didn't and then ripped it to bits.

The weather plays a big part and seeing as it's not stopped raining I'm suffering. I'm the same can't do nice long walks anymore. Miserable isn't it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I don’t know why Stephanie & Philip want to keep it a secret, I think it’s pretty obvious that he wants to use the thrift store squirrel taxidermy as the topper for their wedding cake.
I love this comment so much! 😂 ❤

No my darlings, I'm not back, but think of me as here in spirit.
The bad taxidermy is a joke engagement or wedding gift for Steve and Sara; payback for the ultra hideous bad taxidermy they gifted to Snorty a few years back - see if I'm right!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
so if the accountant advised them to marry for tax purposes that definitely takes the shine of the gumball engagement and the so-called romantic proposal. F$F really knows how to deflate and burst his bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Marie is really stupid if she's randomly putting flowers in her dishes without knowing anything about them. Those in the photo definitely look like buttercups and we know how much she likes ranunculus which are from the same family. Despite her florist "training", which seems to have been just a few weeks of short courses, rather like the chef training, she clearly knows very little about plants. She doesn't even know the names of most plants and flowers so couldn't even look up whether some are poisonous or not. She is being reckless and could well do someone some serious health damage or worse. If only that B& B were subject to inspections. It wouldn't last five minutes. What with Marie's cooking and the lack of hygiene in that place, it would have been closed down by now. It's a miracle every guest has survived this far. It's very clear that anyone connecting with Fanny is at severe risk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Funnily enough I don't believe there are any wind installations, toys or other thing of that genre! I certainly never came across any such toys while my boy was growing up. Unless you count the Parc éoliennes that are everywhere. And, I have to say, fascinating. Silent, white giants with propellers sails. They have an elegant and ethereal beauty. Many complaints about them being noisy and making vibrations. Nimbys everywhere. However most of the people who complain have never been up close to one.

A lot of the coastal gardens have grasses that swish and swosh in the breezes. And there is the Defi Wind, an annual competition of windsurfers and kitesurfers who make their own poetry on the sea.

As for tiles made of volcanic rock, I'm sure someone somewhere in the world make tiles from it but I don't believe in France. Most people furnish their homes with tiles from Italy, Spain and Portugal. There are artisans that still .ake the ciment block tiles like these

View attachment 2938858
---

Has Grant moved on? I understood he was going to be there for a couple of months. Fed up already of being used and abused ... or is Despicable fanny tripping up on her lies again! Eh Gooder?
---

What is it you want from your location?

That's the question that himself and I are asking ourselves. Not that we're going anywhere in the foreseeable but it's good to be prepared rather than up sticks to a location you're going to end up hating! And you're stuck. Forever!
Beautiful, thank you. Naming my band Parc Eolien.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Mine started as an old injury from back in my 20s i'd done dance from an early age and should have got it seen to back then but in your 20s you're invincible. Finnished it off when I moved here and joined a (when it was more popular and not really my thing) line dance group to get myself intergrated a bit more. We were in the middle of a routine I moved but my left leg didn't and then ripped it to bits.

The weather plays a big part and seeing as it's not stopped raining I'm suffering. I'm the same can't do nice long walks anymore. Miserable isn't it.
It is miserable. I’m stuck at home at my car had to be scrapped and I can’t walk to the nearest bus stops. The garden is becoming overgrown because I can’t manage that either.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I suspect it's more than that! The only plausible explanation for the way that the rest of the Liarlande inmates accept his behaviour is that they know what a nasty little tit he is. We see enough glimpses when the camera is rolling. Heaven news what he's like when he shows his true self. You only have to look at his facial expressions. Is Fanny in a situation that she will be unable to extract herself from now that he has snooped around, listened at keyholes. etc.? It's coersive control in full sight.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out, he would be unable to control himself, he would take her down and anyone else he could, he definitely has a victim complex, everything is always everyone else, my bet would be when the tit hits the fan, the blogs will just stop and get deleted.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Marie is really stupid if she's randomly putting flowers in her dishes without knowing anything about them. Those in the photo definitely look like buttercups and we know how much she likes ranunculus which are from the same family. Despite her florist "training", which seems to have been just a few weeks of short courses, rather like the chef training, she clearly knows very little about plants. She doesn't even know the names of most plants and flowers so couldn't even look up whether some are poisonous or not. She is being reckless and could well do someone some serious health damage or worse. If only that B& B were subject to inspections. It wouldn't last five minutes. What with Marie's cooking and the lack of hygiene in that place, it would have been closed down by now. It's a miracle every guest has survived this far. It's very clear that anyone connecting with Fanny is at severe risk.
The little daisy/weed flowers may be cute, but they don't taste good. Most edible flowers really don't taste very good. A petal or two of nasturtiums in a green salad is okay, but that's about it for me. Like others have said previously, the trend of adorning food with flowers is long past just like everything else at the dump.

• Heart
I would like the input of our tattlers living in France. I’m looking at retirement locations and France is in the running. Greece and Ireland are in the mix as well. I’m only really familiar with northern France and the environs of Paris. There are some areas in the South and Central parts of the country, particularly the Midi-Pyrenees, Nouvelle Aquitaine and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes that interest me. Any locations you would suggest for me to explore?
After we've chosen your residence, you must let us decorate it. Or at least the hags n trolls casita in the back yard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I suspect it's more than that! The only plausible explanation for the way that the rest of the Liarlande inmates accept his behaviour is that they know what a nasty little tit he is. We see enough glimpses when the camera is rolling. Heaven news what he's like when he shows his true self. You only have to look at his facial expressions. Is Fanny in a situation that she will be unable to extract herself from now that he has snooped around, listened at keyholes. etc.? It's coersive control in full sight.
Snorts is like the proverbial cuckoo in the nest, slowly hoofing everyone out one by one.

• Heart
  • Angry
Today's Patreon flog:

fp.jpg

Stephanie Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries is a scam. Free Lancelot.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Does France have any laws providing for breach of promise lawsuits? Here, if an engagement is broken the wronged party has recourse to the law. At least it used to be the case, no idea if that’s is still possible.
It is in certain States, I have a friend in North Carolina who was sued. I think the term used was "removal of affection".

• Wow
Reactions: 17
France, Greece and Ireland are my favorites of all the countries I’ve visited. Over the years I’ve spent months there during various seasons. At one time Scotland, Switzerland and Italy were also on the list but have now been dropped for a variety of reasons. While rusty, I speak, read and write French. I have some Gaelic and a smattering of Greek. I’m no polyglot but when immersed I become fluent quick enough. I can’t really explain why it’s those three countries that call me either. It’s something undefinable within the people, the culture and, for lack of a better word, terroir.
Fierce. They're fierce and humble.
Been thinking about French stoicism since some art critic pointed out Renoir's three 1883-84 toujours gai dance paintings (Bougival etc) were about, not least, people persevering after the 1870 seige of Paris by the Germans.
Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 10.30.59 AM.png

Never forget the church bells installed in an old, old, old tree on some island in Greece.
And the prehistoric Irish fort Dun Aonghasa at the end of the world in the Aran islands. What a place. I'd live there if they'd let me. Prolly need to take Vitamin D supplements as the sun would never touch my pasty white Irish skin.
What a place, such a good book this was. I love me an island.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love this comment so much! 😂 ❤

No my darlings, I'm not back, but think of me as here in spirit.
The bad taxidermy is a joke engagement or wedding gift for Steve and Sara; payback for the ultra hideous bad taxidermy they gifted to Snorty a few years back - see if I'm right!
Nice to see you popping by, you're missed.
---
Well she is most definately a sandwitch short of a picnic.

• Haha
It will be interesting to see how it pans out, he would be unable to control himself, he would take her down and anyone else he could, he definitely has a victim complex, everything is always everyone else, my bet would be when the tit hits the fan, the blogs will just stop and get deleted.
Which is why I refer to him as Uriah Heep. I’m just curious as to who will be Mr. Mcawber?!?😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Today's Patreon flog:
View attachment 2939800

Stephanie Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries is a scam. Free Lancelot.
Thanks, Tuffiti. I did find this patreon vlog quite interesting and it is more the sort of vlog patrons should be getting, with updates about what is happening. Some of her explanations about the chickens and heating seemed honest. However, at the end she says how exciting it is that Lalande is getting more beautiful all the time. Really? Her apartment is torn up, the grand salon is gutted, the rooms above it are falling down, there are sea containers and broken down vehicles littering the grounds. Is she deceiving herself, or just the patrons?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I dare you to take a drink every time Brocunt touches her hair.

IMG_2089.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.