The Chateau Diaries #307 Stephanie Jarvis, how do other châteaux progress but yours does not?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wait to see Fanny in her Soggy Strawbs 🍓 🥿at the CFS....... she will look like Minnie Mouse in them .
Oh well Lady A........ I am sure Bally will send her another pair ...... I hope they have remembered her Minnie Mouse Foot Size !!! :ROFLMAO:
1716207372015.png
1716207391032.png
1716207420257.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think CD viewers would genuinely enjoy a glimpse of Chelsea in Bloom.
I like @QueenieofLondon. She always does one or more vlogs on the topic of Chelsea in Bloom and she doesn't talk nonsense all the time but presents her vlogs with humor, background knowledge and a pleasant voice. Quite the opposite of you already know who.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
From Ouest France newspaper, this festival never even got off the ground!

1716207698342.png

Bad weather and mud have pushed the organizers of the Papillons de nuit festival to cancel all the concerts that were to take place on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 May in Saint-Laurent-de-Cuves (Manche).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I wish I could go and see Chelsea in Bloom
AND the Chelsea Flower Show!
Surely not every year, but one should try at least once in a lifetime!
I have been once, and there is a such a lot to see, it is so worth it!
Especially if you do not mind huge crowds.
(and entry fees to the show can be very expensive unless you are an RHS member.)
As I would have to add a return flight, and accommodation it is sadly all too much money for me!
I'd love to go on the last day, when exhibitors sell off some of the plants!🌷🌹🥀🌺🌸🌻!!
The wonderful thing about Chelsea in Bloom is that you can wander along the King’s Road and the other adjacent locations at your leisure, looking at the displays for nothing. A pal lives near Sloane Square and it’s a lovely addition to her morning routine. A stroll, grab some coffee somewhere and back home before the crowds descend heading towards the Royal Hospital grounds and the Flower Show proper (if you live or work in that area, Flower Show week is a nightmare…but it’s only once a year!).

When I worked in London (twas in another lifetime - not my natural environment!), i lived just off the King’s Road and I’d get the bus to/from Knightsbridge. The Friday of Flower Show week was quite testing - people getting on the bus with their end-of-show purchases. Not just a couple of small pot plants. Huge great things. Crammed buses at rush hour are bad enough without being poked and prodded by bamboo sticks propping up a specimen climber!

I have to say I couldn’t be doing with the crowds at the Flower Show nowadays, especially anyone who goes purely for content! I rely on the daily tv coverage.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Just goes to show she couldn't give a toss about what's going on in her local area.

Feel sorry for the poor buggers here this weekend with the crap weather as it's been fete des fleurs, floats going through the streets at Fontenay le Comte and on Ile d'Yeu.
We've had odd weather. Not unusual for May but still odd. Big billowy clouds threatening storms but when the storms come it's at night leaving us to wake up to a quagmire! Friday night was quite spectacular and the amount of rain that fell in 20 minutes was off the scale! Olympic flame last Thursday, the Festijades this weekend in the Narbonnais along with Natur'Ailes a Narbonne Plages

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The Daily Mail is full of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show with the great, the good and the unwashed "famous" arriving with their free tickets. No sign of Fanny, Snorts or Davy or their new best friend who gets them on to the show gardens his name escapes me ? Andy ? anyway the twit who pitched up with a coat for general CHMN use.

• Haha
Wow! I believe this is my first thread title! I must share the honor with the indomitable @graciemckitten, who first captured Lucie Vernay's treacherous CD comments for posterity. Gracie's eagle-eyed tenacity and tireless efforts in support of the cause continue to document--and meticulously analyze--the bizarre activities of the shittooverse, and she fills our own pages with life, love, and laughter. Thank you, @shatcho shiek, for selecting the thread title, and congratulations on your ascendancy to the VIP Lounge.

As always, my sincerest appreciation goes to the brightest star on our Tattle chapel ceiling, @ComtesseRose, who keeps us all on course. And, a great thank you to @tuffiti for gifting us each week with the patreon update. Now onward to Chelsea. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The Daily Mail is full of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show with the great, the good and the unwashed "famous" arriving with their free tickets. No sign of Fanny, Snorts or Davy or their new best friend who gets them on to the show gardens his name escapes me ? Andy ? anyway the twit who pitched up with a coat for general CHMN use.
This is the press preview and celebrity day. The next 2 days I believe are members days. I wonder if Davy or her best friend above get them in then, I really can’t see her waiting for the general public days.

• Heart
sladjanavuckovic-grant8267
2 hours ago (edited)
Beautiful private and very insightful tour of Chateau Laurens, thank you very much. However, I wonder whether The Chateau Diaries channel has completely changed its habitual practice? For quite some time, various other chateaus, trips, meals, table settings etc. are featuring daily in more-less same format but hardly any in situ restorations which, I am sure, are many awaiting to happen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This week will be London content and then I do think Mummy will be back and she is ready content.
We saw Amaury walking across the courtyard but it is plain he does not want to be in camera.
Why Fanny spent time training as an opera singer idk.
What she has the hands and gesticulation for is as a conductor. That ArTT nouveau vlog was unwatchable.
I do wonder if Fanny was hoping this was a crystal ball.
IMG_1835.jpg

Lochie, probably so. But the biggest revelation in last night's ArTT nouveau vlog was Fanny's absurd belief that electricity is magic. Explains a lot!

c'est magique.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She had said that the visit to the Art Nouveau house would be on her travel channel but on the previous CD vlog, she then said it would be the next vlog on that channel. It's clear she is devoid of any real content for CD so that's why. However, some patrons will be infuriated that there's more travel stuff and nothing, apart from the gaudy chapel, about renovation. She is most certainly not a good presenter. She speaks far too loudly and far too fast and the constant, self-conscious hair flicking and OTT giant hand and arm gesturing drive me insane. Any place she talks about is just a backdrop for her own centre-stage performance. Ollie would have done a far better job as he knows a lot more about the history and style of Art Nouveau and could have made references to similarities and differences with other places. She basically just likes colour and decoration and had been unable to see the amazing beauty of the Horta house in Brussels, because that is largely really beautifully designed wood but there's very little colour. The editing of her vlog was again, rather odd in places. The thumbnail looks as if there was going to be a completely different presenter. She looked totally different from the actual, much plainer, presenter with very bad skin.
She needs to lower the register of her voice to be a presenter along with everything else you mentioned. Margaret Thatcher took voice lessons for just this reason. It's also one of the reasons why Lumley is so pleasant to listen to. It takes practice but almost anyone can do it. I find myself having to do it sometimes when I get a bit too excited and sound like a screech owl! I found that my students reacted more respectfully and attentively when I lowered my voice register. I think it sounds more authoritative and less hysterical.

• Heart
Did you hear Stoneless fake fiancé grifter Snorty make the snarky, condescending comment that Emmanuel Laurens, owner and architect of the villla, and owner of the desk “ clearly couldn’t afford coasters!“ Pretty rich comment from an actor cast mate, who has problems, affording a fish sandwich at McDonald’s. The gruesome, twosome are intolerable.

“was lived here he clearly couldn't
15:23
afford any coasters.”

She was likely reciting directly from the prepared script for the tour guides for the included portions of the Chateau Laurens tour to include the soon to be revealed areas, etc. Every word she recite sounds exactly like it came from a tour guide script, with little room for improvisation, with the exception of acting with her giant man hands, the two other narrators in the video. Take a look where she had to officially acknowledge where she received her information ( Chateau Laurens). I think she was on a tight leash and had to follow a script in order to have access to film, featuring only herself at the newly renovated château. Watch 10 seconds,

This was another transactional video where Stephanie and her giant, waving, fluttering man hands traded the views to be seen on her channel for access to certain areas at the newly opened attraction.

Did you notice that she dressed down for the video, inexpensive although low cut dress, no earrings, no necklace, no expensive, Cartier watch, only one ring. Snorts was silenced with the exception of a couple of snarky comments. I believe she is temporarily trying to also wear less expensive dresses in videos since she was busted wearing up to thousand dollar dresses in every day videos for the dump. Her delivery have been heavily rehearsed.

She also ignored or brushed by obvious similarities between herself, her situation, and the chateau :
  • she did not go on and on about comparisons with the dump having heat in 1901 and her Dump having no heat in 2024
  • did not address the fact about her dump having sporadic warm water while the Chateau had hot water and heated flooring
  • did not go on and on about comparisons between herself and the wife who was an opera singer. The villa's music lounge, which was built for his opera-singing wife, had a grand dome that highlighted the beauty of her voice. Nothing can highlight the “ beauty” of screeching Stephanie’s voice. Has she not been restrained by the arrangement most likely with the Château, you know she would film video of herself screeching in the atrium.
  • she failed to note the comparisons between the man who designed the Château and Snorty, both having no architectural training, but still designing or wanting to design buildings without any concern as to the safety or lasting durability of the resulting structure,” Despite his complete ignorance of the job as an architect, he decided to draw himself the plans of the future villa he wanted to build on his inherited site, taking a lot of inspiration from the newly found trend of “art nouveau” that was featured in Vogue at the time.”
  • Did not note the similarities between the fact that the man was only able to build his château due to a windfall inheritance , similar to Stephanie, who was only able to afford 50% on the dump due to a windfall inheritance from her parents. Emmanuel Laurens was a 25 year-old student practising medicine in the nearby city of Montpellier when he was unexpectedly bequeathed a gargantuan fortune from a distant cousin. Stephanie was 28 or 29 years old when she received her windfall inheritance from her parents.
  • The chateau was the site of endless extravagant parties hosted by its wealthy owner and Fanny’s dump is the site of endless extravagant parties for herself, her hapless co owners, and her family. ( the villa guests loved opium, the Dump guests love to swill grifted champagne).
  • She also spoke about the villa owner as an avid world traveler who like to merge opposing and different aspects of different cultures that he enjoyed during his travels. This is much like Stephanie, who has traveled the world and visited several countries many, many times, and forces an eclectic, mish mash of her favorite decorating schemes and purchases in the Dump, which clash with a rural French farmhouse.
  • she didn’t acknowledge that his extravagant lifestyle had any role whatsoever in his ultimate financial downfall. She only discusses his poor financial arrangements. Who else lives in extravagant lifestyle grifting?Hmmmmmm.

Other links which show what the Chateau Laurens looked like prior to restoration.

palace/

• Heart
  • Haha
I believe this is the first and only time a viewer has expressed the opinion that Stephanie reminds him of a nun.

@michaelskelley6314
6 hours ago
Stephanie, you remind me of Sister Wendy, the British art historian nun. I truly mean that as a compliment. Your enthusiasm for your subject is contagious
Oh, hell no! Fanny is NOTHING at all like the esteemed and genuine Sister Wendy. This comment has upset me so much! It needs to be deleted ASAP! I study art history and Fanny is a big old fake know nothing regurgitating banal info from pamphlets and Wikipedia. I absolutely detest when she goes on about art. Praise be to the real Sister Wendy who was FEARLESS and original! ❤ 🙌 🎨

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She needs to lower the register of her voice to be a presenter along with everything else you mentioned. Margaret Thatcher took voice lessons for just this reason. It's also one of the reasons why Lumley is so pleasant to listen to. It takes practice but almost anyone can do it. I find myself having to do it sometimes when I get a bit too excited and sound like a screech owl! I found that my students reacted more respectfully and attentively when I lowered my voice register. I think it sounds more authoritative and less hysterical.
Heck Hedda, I’m a man and still have to be mindful of such. My natural register is high as I’m a lyric tenor. I should say was, since it lowered naturally over time. It’s still higher that most men. I had several years of speech therapy to learn how to lower it. If I’m not careful it goes shrill. My mom used to say if I was angry and still squeaky it was fine, I would calm down. But if I was angry and went silent, you’d better run because it was all over except the bleeding.😉

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Heck Hedda, I’m a man and still have to be mindful of such. My natural register is high as I’m a lyric tenor. I should say was, since it lowered naturally over time. It’s still higher that most men. I had several years of speech therapy to learn how to lower it. If I’m not careful it goes shrill. My mom used to say if I was angry and still squeaky it was fine, I would calm down. But if I was angry and went silent, you’d better run because it was all over except the bleeding.😉
Oh, yes! Many men need to lower the register of their voice too. I'm going to blow my own horn a bit now as I have a naturally "pleasant" voice according to family members, colleagues and friends and random tech helpers I have to talk to on the phone. Even though I'm pushing 70, I've been told by others, once again random tech helpers mostly, that my voice sounds much younger. I have no idea where I got this from, maybe my dad, who had a beautiful rich and controlled voice until his death. I also don't smoke or drink whiskey, have never yelled at football games or even attended them! 🤣

• Heart
Didn't she say once that when she was a young child she had a very high pitched voice and Isabelle would not converse with her unless she lowered the pitch.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I wish I could go and see Chelsea in Bloom
AND the Chelsea Flower Show!
Surely not every year, but one should try at least once in a lifetime!
I have been once, and there is a such a lot to see, it is so worth it!
Especially if you do not mind huge crowds.
(and entry fees to the show can be very expensive unless you are an RHS member.)
As I would have to add a return flight, and accommodation it is sadly all too much money for me!
I'd love to go on the last day, when exhibitors sell off some of the plants!🌷🌹🥀🌺🌸🌻!!
She could have treated Marie to that but no, Marie is now just a servant, not a friend. The tickets for the CFS range from about £48 to £120, depending on the day and whether people are Friends of the RHS. I guess Fanny & co get in free via that friend who visited not long ago. If Davy doesn't get a free ticket, I hope she pays for him. What's the betting that they will come back with some decorative cache pots or some other unnecessary objects, plus some plants which will not survive long, due to ignorance or neglect. Then, she'll be off to the "discount" designer shop; Fortnum Mason, and some antique shops. Leopards don't change their spots. Maybe Kat will make an appearance and get another expensive evening at a posh restaurant and a West End theatre visit.

• Angry
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.