The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look ar LAZY Fannny’s advent video excuse!

A44eP_9uINz-akctXHF3PGTc=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
@TheChateauDiaries

19 minutes ago
Hello Marilyn, instead of the usual Advent vlogs this year, I'm sticking to the daily videos and including lots of Christmassy preparations in our days. They will be on every day of the month until (and including Christmas Day) so you can join us in the run-up to Christmas as usual!

Hello Lynn, instead of the usual Advent vlogs this year, I'm carrying on with the daily videos and showing lots of Christmas preparations, so that there's something for people who don't only want to watch Christmas crafts. They will be on every day of the month until (and including Christmas Day) so you can join us in the run-up to Christmas as usual!

She is “ holding back” the secret gazebo project reveal until SPRING 2024 after it is shown on chateau DIY.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I do think you are right there KyBourbon but ....... god I just wanted to see that delicate squirrel do some bloody hard work in the garden - dig a hole and plant old Fanny in it !!!! :mad:
---

Well yes you may Lady Pink but ..... I want to throw the first punch ! :ROFLMAO:
You're both nicer than me I want to kick her up the arse but the amount it has been licked I am sure it is eroded and I would lose my foot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Now that Dan in vlogging live, I'm so afraid we'll witness one of his dogs getting impaled or run over by the digger.
I watched one of the dogs playing with a frog and then ate it. Fun times. No one paying any attention to the dogs. And one looked much bigger ( pregnant) first heat is usually around 9-11 months. How old are they now?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Awful.
I must confess, I have a childhood trauma, growing up my mother would be ready to murder anyone who placed a pot straight on the dinner (lunch) table and I simply can not bare when I see pots on the table, childhood traumas aren’t created equal, right?
Seriously, are they all students? Or just plain lazy. Lazy, of course.
But the worst, IMO, is that they never, ever, put any tablecloth on that disgusting kitchen table. Tablecloths are another childhood trauma that was absorbed in my personality. I hate tables without tablecloth, I need tablecloth. My husband and my kids hate tablecloths and make jokes behind my back, they judge my large collection and laugh at my insistence to iron them when I iron nothing else… just saying.
Life can be brutal for a tablecloth dependent woman.
You are not alone. The breakfast table here has a clean tablecloth, we use napkins, we never have saucepans on the table or plastic cooking spoons.My mother also had fresh garden flowers on the table ,something I cannot live without now!
For all Fanny’s fancy china, her food, eating habits and table manners show who she truly is.
If there is booze on the table at Liar lande then anything else goes.

I get a kick out of having a fresh table if only for myself!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Thanks for the new thead @ComtesseRose and amazingly, I knew what 'Clippy' was about !!

So, inspired by other Tattle comments re 'Miss Anna & Master Peter', I thought I'd take a look. How weird was that. Even Master Peter's narrative sounded odd. It was like they were in the last century, dressing like farmworkers, living off the land. Baby chicken was cute though. I'll watch again, only because I'm a tadge curious as to what 'direction' they are going in.

What a difference today's vlog was with no Snorts. Conspicuous by his absence, that's fo sure. Everyone seemed happier, especially MariE, who despite being ill yet again, was looking radiant. I am wandering if he was there for pizza though, Fanny seemed to make a point of not filming the other side of the table. I keep wandering why she would exclude him though :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Hair dye disaster ? Bad haircut? They had a tiff?
Whatever the reason, keep it up Fanny, Snortsless vlogs are the way to go.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Will that bloody stupid Fanny get dressed before venturing into the garden to film, she is an embarrassement
Who has an electric radiator on top of the kitchen work surface ?
Fanny has heard the phrase heat rises?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Shove snorts in a Narnia China closet, throw in some playmobil and call it a day.

I got bored at work and ran social metrics on Fanny vs Dan. Dan is pulling in 3x the money in views.

Both are still complete and total turds

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thanks for the new thead @ComtesseRose and amazingly, I knew what 'Clippy' was about !!

So, inspired by other Tattle comments re 'Miss Anna & Master Peter', I thought I'd take a look. How weird was that. Even Master Peter's narrative sounded odd. It was like they were in the last century, dressing like farmworkers, living off the land. Baby chicken was cute though. I'll watch again, only because I'm a tadge curious as to what 'direction' they are going in.

What a difference today's vlog was with no Snorts. Conspicuous by his absence, that's fo sure. Everyone seemed happier, especially MariE, who despite being ill yet again, was looking radiant. I am wandering if he was there for pizza though, Fanny seemed to make a point of not filming the other side of the table. I keep wandering why she would exclude him though :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Hair dye disaster ? Bad haircut? They had a tiff?
Whatever the reason, keep it up Fanny, Snortsless vlogs are the way to go.
I thought that Peter was trying to have a vibe like this channel????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It seems the massage man is having alternative thoughts about his client today. Perhaps he will use the chilli oil for a change?
Hide her under the blanket and spray her with very cold water I have heard it is invigorating.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It seems the massage man is having alternative thoughts about his client today. Perhaps he will use the chilli oil for a change?
Hide her under the blanket and spray her with very cold water I have heard it is invigorating.
At least he's not working out of the 'Big Room' construction site this week.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The gazebo is always going to be a white elephant, the scale and style so lalande. Davey has no clue and they all think that by keep adding plants to it and also the long pergola that it will improve. No it will not.
That long pergola which was going to have roses and clematis with an apple tree every other space is now just one long row of apple trees , therefore no space to exit along the way and no place for all that expensive iron furniture Fanny bought ie the grape design set and the expensive day bed. Unless Pavlina has painted that iron furniture we will never see it again. Also someone has decided to make one long flower bed against the wall under the pergola which now makes the whole thing out of scale again.
More money wasted .
As for lazy Fanny filming in that hideous fleece dressing gown that surely is not clean. If I was lazy like her I would have purchased a super stylish long warm cashmere one.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
At least he's not working out of the 'Big Room' construction site this week.
It was probably too cold in the big room so the only other room was in the Marquis suite where uncle built a fire for the princess so she would be warm for her massage, Everyone waits on Stephanmememe like she is a queen while she wanders around in her nightclothes.She condescendingly declared in the video today that she finds it “so relaxing watching Davy and the rest of them shoveling dirt.“ She lifted not one finger to help them, and continually mocked Davy by referring to the yew trees as Christmas trees to the point where an exasperated Davy told her for the third time, ”they are not Christmas trees.” She then made herself a hot chocolate in her new toy, the expensive hot chocolate machine and bragged that even though she did no work, she was having a hot chocolate in solidarity, with the three people who hauled ass all day planting her grifted trees. ( is Davy happy that the other gardening guy is at the Dump?)

The visiting garden guy volunteers his time planting trees for free, after serving as a pack mule bringing Jerry’s Christmas presents to the dump, and hauling all sorts of tit for Fanny to the dump, and bringing them gifts and giving them a Barbour coat. Marie cooks dinner, Fanny has a massage for doing nothing, Uncle builds her a fire. remember when she claimed that the masseuse was coming out weekly for the B & B guests? Now it is turned into a solo weekly massage appointment for the Shittelaine,

She watches a freezing shaking Ratso eat peacock poop and wonders why he wants to run to the Dump from the garden. Idiot.

She is such an idiot planning extensive high maintenance gardens when she cannot maintain what she has now. She will never pay for full time gardening staff. It is stupid to plant all the elaborate gardens for one person who is only at the dump 1/2 of the year, doesn’t even like to go outside, garden, or perform manual labor. The money spent on all these gardens should have gone to the chapel fund, the lake fund, the terrace steps, rebuilding the collapsed areas of the dump, the roof, the attic, the facade, finishing the apartments, buying a van to take junk to the dump, finishing the pizza room, repairing the bathrooms, repairing the electrical issues, hiring additional people to help cut down all the rotten trees on the sides of the road of the Dump, etc.

She is also obsessed with buying high end kitchen appliances ( Smeg everything), dishwashers, multiple refrigerators, freezers, air fryer, thermomix, hot chocolate maker, luxury hair appliances, etc. meanwhile, Marie cannot afford new pajamas or a winter sweater.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Peter & Anna used to dress in a vintage style most of the time. I think they are trying to change things a bit and up the quality and style of their videos, hopefully resulting in some channel growth. Remember they sold their beloved chateau when covid affected his job and they couldn’t afford it anymore? They were very open and honest about it. They moved to an affordable farm house and still do basically the same type of renovations and projects. I like them and hope now that they’re back after a little summer break, their channel tweaks help their YouTube channel get to the next level.
I watched them yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed their video. But I like alternative types. The hand reared chick following Anna everywhere was sweet and they are lovely animal lovers and carers. I like them because they aren't run of the mill expats trying to recreate their motherland in France, they are different and, in my opinion, refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jules, if you have time, please take a look at the summaries of Ruthywriters book The Estate posted in the last thread starting at post 819 thru 825, starting on page 42 of the thread. I believe you may enjoy the “inspiration“ Ruthie drew from visits to France with Potts.

There is a curious “ error?” In the book where the boss of the main character Adele, named Cara, fired Adele, and in the last mention of the boss, the name of the boss was changed from Cara to Clara. It reminds me of the Office episode where Michael, the office manager, wrote a script that had a character that was originally named Dwight in the script . Michael subsequently replaced the named Dwight with another name but overlooked changing one reference to the name Dwight, and the original Dwight name remained in the transcript. It made me wonder if Ruthy had referred to Cara as Clara throughout her draft of the book and simply overlooked the name change to Cara in one instance in the book draft OR intentionally changed the name to Clara in the last mention of the boss. Ruthy has been called out in the past for various errors and sloppy mistakes in her books.
I made the mistake of wasting my Sunday afternoon reading this drivel yesterday. There are so many typos and some real clunkers of mistakes in her French. You’d think she’d get someone to proofread. Very on par for the LaLande set.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.