The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not just the pot on the table it doesn't seems they put something underneath the hot pots on a wooden table :cautious: Also, your mother is like my mother in law, always a table cloth even at the hytte or picnic ! (hytte= cabin/summer house)
---
My mother in law too. Just like my mother, MIL also took table cloth business seriously, picnic, beaches, hytte and at home… and I honor the tradition. No way I will eat at a picnic table anywhere without a proper table cloth. Both mum and MIL would never place a pot on a table and even with a serving dish both would use matching plate holders to protect the table cloth and the table underneath. My mother is still with us, she is 82 and a lot more relaxed about things, but we lost my MIL in 2017, she was 92. I miss her everyday, she was amazing and we were incredibly similar… she was 14 when Norway was invaded by Germany and her family struggled immensely. Her father was a communist leader and had to ran away to avoid being arrested by the Nazi, mother left alone with 6 children and MIL and her twin sister had to go away at 14 and find work in Sweden. Her stories were amazing, even if some very dramatic and sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes, I saw that. It was a bit of a strange vlog.. I really don't understand why they didn't just drop a note onto Insta or use the Community tab in youtube, or even just pin a comment under their last vlog, just to answer the worries of their fans about their sudden silence. No need to go into details, just say they are fine and either hope to be back, or say they have had enough. No need to film anything. A written comment once a month only takes a couple of minutes.

If there was a chance they were coming back then how do they expect to keep the support that they have built up if they don't communicate with people? There were many comments of concern after their last vlog, but only one reply from them around 7 weeks ago (I posted it here) making vague reference to how the youtube gig hadn't worked out the way they had planned. It's a great way to lose subscribers: ignore them.

Judging by yesterday's offering, they have decided that the way to crack the algorithm is to gag Anna. There were plenty of shots of her in her weird (imo) outfits but she was not allowed to speak - hardly a word throughout. Peter did all of it, narrating over pieces of film that were taken over the summer. I'm not really into them any more, although I am glad nothing bad has happened. I won't be watching them again, I felt strange vibes from that vlog.
I thought the same thing! I wasn't ever a regular watcher of their vlogs, but when I saw this one come up, I watched it because of the talk here about their disappearance. I know they used to dress up in different costumes, but that video yesterday with Anna in some sort of weird pioneer woman/Sister Wives get-up was odd indeed. All I kept wondering was how she was managing all of that in the summer heat!

You raise a good point, too, about just communicating with their viewers during their absence. I'm glad they're doing alright, but they could have communicated with viewers, particularly if their mission was to start again with YouTube at some point.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Same. My first thought was that they are trying to shoehorn Anna into a Trad Wife mold. While I have always thought their relationship def has D/s vibes, which whatever floats your boat is fine with me! But this was different. Promoting her as "Annie's Mom", the extremely modest clothing...it all just rubbed me the wrong way.
they both aged, i think. i don't understand what was that about YT algorithm. they don't want to be "chateau reno" anymore, but "living on french countryside"?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It's clear that Fanny doesn't wash or clean clothes before she puts them away. She's had numerous moth attacks on her wool and cashmere, etc. It's well-known that moths attack natural fibres but that they don't attack textiles that are put away after being thoroughly cleaned. As mentioned, there is no air circulating in her jam-packed storage areas so mould from damp is probably also rife. She has numerous leather handbags and shoes, they could also be covered in mould. I bet all her storage areas smell dreadfully from a mixture of unwashed clothes, etc., and damp. Snorty doesn't appear to wash ceramics and glass bought secondhand. All that, plus the awful, smelly fumes that come from paraffin heaters, must be overwhelming in that place. People coming from other, well kept and cleaned chateaux must immediately notice the difference. The sheets, towels, etc., stored on open shelves in the laundry must also be dusty, damp and smelly. Add all that plus the owl, bats and dog mess to the dirty and unhygienic conditions in the kitchen, would any sane individual even contemplate staying in Fanny's B & B?
In addition to the problems with the building, they do not have good personal hygiene. I don't think they could take a hot shower, even if they wanted to. It turns my stomach just thinking about it.

• Sick
Reactions: 25
It's not just the pot on the table it doesn't seems they put something underneath the hot pots on a wooden table :cautious: Also, your mother is like my mother in law, always a table cloth even at the hytte or picnic ! (hytte= cabin/summer house)
---

It's from the last thread about the fabulous @HalcyonOrganic and another person(sorry didn't remember who) that was saying that someone in the vlog made them thought of "Clippy" and then we had a campaign by @HalcyonOrganic to "like" "Clippy" because the other person didn't like it 😂
It was the Fleurries and their logo - someone said it reminded them of Clippy!
It's a glorious thread title, by a glorious Tattler.
(did I do that right @HalcyonOrganic ??) LOL!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
2bacf9bc-45e1-4277-b811-b0c6aae24960_text.gif

a_highland_life
11 hours ago
After all the upheaval in Amoury's workshop, Michael Potts apartment and a year of work, how come the heating isn't working after a whole year. Not criticising, I'm just very disappointed for you. Xx
nnemackenzie
9 hours ago
One of the men working on it fell off the roof and died. His colleagues have not been ready to return yet 😢 Hopefully it can been finished soon, but when they are ready.
LaFrancaise
4 hours ago
@annemackenzie The heating company has completed several big heating jobs in the area since the accident.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Yes, I saw that. It was a bit of a strange vlog.. I really don't understand why they didn't just drop a note onto Insta or use the Community tab in youtube, or even just pin a comment under their last vlog, just to answer the worries of their fans about their sudden silence. No need to go into details, just say they are fine and either hope to be back, or say they have had enough. No need to film anything. A written comment once a month only takes a couple of minutes.

If there was a chance they were coming back then how do they expect to keep the support that they have built up if they don't communicate with people? There were many comments of concern after their last vlog, but only one reply from them around 7 weeks ago (I posted it here) making vague reference to how the youtube gig hadn't worked out the way they had planned. It's a great way to lose subscribers: ignore them.

Judging by yesterday's offering, they have decided that the way to crack the algorithm is to gag Anna. There were plenty of shots of her in her weird (imo) outfits but she was not allowed to speak - hardly a word throughout. Peter did all of it, narrating over pieces of film that were taken over the summer. I'm not really into them any more, although I am glad nothing bad has happened. I won't be watching them again, I felt strange vibes from that vlog.
Anna was only missing an amish bonnet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
@Pekey and @Gertrude Maud and anyone else that watches Linda Vater.....have you been watching her latest vlogs about her Christmas decorating? I watched one yesterday, it was part one of two, where she shows her entire house before the neighborhood holiday home tour. Last week, I think I watched one shorter one, same stuff shown. It's just like her garden, same plants, same planters, same garden hose, same garden gloves, stuff shown over and over and over again, only this time, her Christmas decs.

Anyhow, I am a huge fan of the YouTube series called Homeworthy. I was somewhat shocked and dismayed to hear Linda say that they would be there this week to film her "cottage". So I guess we have that to look forward to at some point! It will be interesting to see how she acts with a more professional camera crew.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Now that Dan in vlogging live, I'm so afraid we'll witness one of his dogs getting impaled or run over by the digger.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It's A Wonderful Life posted again, apparently they have been taking time off to try to figure out the youtube algorithm, good luck with that! I do wish them well.
Those two seem kind of lost. First they gave up their chateau, moved to a country house, tried to convince themselves and the viewers that they were over the chateau. I don’t think so. They were always very melancholic and sad to watch. Even when they were visiting nice places. They wondered, “should we buy a chateau again”? I didn’t really enjoy all their videos and watched them very once in a while, depending on the thumbnail etc… but I never unsubscribed.

My opinion is that YouTubers have to interact intensively with their viewers. I don’t understand the resistance. No YouTuber out there should think they are too good to answer comments and connect with their community. It is the community, the interaction, that will help the algorithm. If you have 10, 100, 1000, 10.000 or 20.000, 100.000 it is a must to interact with viewers. Is YouTube your business? Want to make a living from it? You bloody have to interact intensively with viewers. Tell viewers you will be reading and answering comments for 4, 6, 8, 24 hours. I have seen youtubers with over 1 million subs do that and they honor their commitment. The interaction should be their source of inspiration and “raison d’etre”. There are creators out there celebrating their 20K followers and making money out of that while others are not satisfied while not investing any time in the community they have.
---
Now that Dan in vlogging live, I'm so afraid we'll witness one of his dogs getting impaled or run over by the digger.
That man is a disgrace.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Peter & Anna used to dress in a vintage style most of the time. I think they are trying to change things a bit and up the quality and style of their videos, hopefully resulting in some channel growth. Remember they sold their beloved chateau when covid affected his job and they couldn’t afford it anymore? They were very open and honest about it. They moved to an affordable farm house and still do basically the same type of renovations and projects. I like them and hope now that they’re back after a little summer break, their channel tweaks help their YouTube channel get to the next level.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just reminds me of one of our early Thread titles, Miss Jarvis' Home for Peculiar Children. Even more appropriate these days. Doesn't Hanni have an appropriate adult or home to go to?

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Same here... They were interesting when they had the chateau... even when they moved out and bought the house and started their new life. I watched them doing their chores and fixing the place up, erecting the Pergola, was saddened by the passing of poor Charlie. I started to lose interest when they went on dance nights in their dress up (each to their own) long vlogs on fixing motor cycles, (again some may have found it interesting). Tlhe gazing into each others eyes was always a bit weird to me...like love struck teenagers...People would comment about their lack of subscibers and I always thought they were not that bothered. Obviously they were as now they are relaunching themselves as (I was going to say Naturists) but that isn't the word I want...they want to be seen as maybe mini land owners, working the outside spaces, at one with nature etc... The voice over video did nothing to entice me back so I'll rely on Tattle updates and bob in if anything of interest comes up.
---
Oooh I think Jill Scott is the mischevious one.... that episode in her life is never going to go away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Peter & Anna used to dress in a vintage style most of the time. I think they are trying to change things a bit and up the quality and style of their videos, hopefully resulting in some channel growth. Remember they sold their beloved chateau when covid affected his job and they couldn’t afford it anymore? They were very open and honest about it. They moved to an affordable farm house and still do basically the same type of renovations and projects. I like them and hope now that they’re back after a little summer break, their channel tweaks help their YouTube channel get to the next level.
Jules, if you have time, please take a look at the summaries of Ruthywriters book The Estate posted in the last thread starting at post 819 thru 825, starting on page 42 of the thread. I believe you may enjoy the “inspiration“ Ruthie drew from visits to France with Potts.

There is a curious “ error?” In the book where the boss of the main character Adele, named Cara, fired Adele, and in the last mention of the boss, the name of the boss was changed from Cara to Clara. It reminds me of the Office episode where Michael, the office manager, wrote a script that had a character that was originally named Dwight in the script . Michael subsequently replaced the named Dwight with another name but overlooked changing one reference to the name Dwight, and the original Dwight name remained in the transcript. It made me wonder if Ruthy had referred to Cara as Clara throughout her draft of the book and simply overlooked the name change to Cara in one instance in the book draft OR intentionally changed the name to Clara in the last mention of the boss. Ruthy has been called out in the past for various errors and sloppy mistakes in her books.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She’s an utter disgrace to humanity! More more more money!! Why can’t she sell one of her many over seas properties!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There is not enough biological powder in the world to keep a table cloth clean off CHMN kitchen table, it would be ingrained on both sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.