The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you very much @ComtesseRose ♥
It was miserable enough in our 3 bed stone cottage with 2 feet thick walls with no heating or insulation, it got to 5 degrees C in our bedroom at one point. Imagine in the chateau, a place that size. It makes you feel physically sick and it was a permanent round of colds and stomach bugs, that's why they're all ill so often. those parafin heaters will just make matters worse. I'd never ever do this again. Next house will be a more mordern one when that time comes as we age because therre is no public transport where we live at all.
When we arrived here in UK, 20 years ago, in our first rental, the normal 2 ups, 2 downs terrace house, we didn't know humidity could be so cold. Coming from Canada and Norway we were used to very well insulated houses and especially well heated. We had a shock as we had never been so cold in winter and it was not because of the "thermometer" as in Montreal it can go down to minus 25C in January but because it is dry, you do not feel it as much as minus 5C to +5C and humid. And we were constantly sick because of the molds.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Thank you very much @ComtesseRose ♥

When we arrived here in UK, 20 years ago, in our first rental, the normal 2 ups, 2 downs terrace house, we didn't know humidity could be so cold. Coming from Canada and Norway we were used to very well insulated houses and especially well heated. We had a shock as we had never been so cold in winter and it was not because of the "thermometer" as in Montreal it can go down to minus 25C in January but because it is dry, you do not feel it as much as minus 5C to +5C and humid. And we were constantly sick because of the molds.
A miserable existence for sure. Much better when it's a dry cold than a humid one. Very rarely do we get a dry cold where I live. Today yet again it's absolutely heaving it down with rain.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope This hasn't been mentioned before, but in the last video by One Turret Short Of A Chateau Clare shows us what happens to your clothing, furniture etc inside a damp house and she even says that no chateau owner even mentions this.
Starting at 6:39

I can't even imagine how it all looks like in SJ's chateau....

....and Dan is having another live right now.
Thanks for the new thread. Agreed she was keeping it real. Can you imagine how much worse the Dump is now that they have the occasional heaters causing condensation. Never heard SJ talking about the need for dehumidifiers. Not surprising her back passage is jacked up 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's clear that Fanny doesn't wash or clean clothes before she puts them away. She's had numerous moth attacks on her wool and cashmere, etc. It's well-known that moths attack natural fibres but that they don't attack textiles that are put away after being thoroughly cleaned. As mentioned, there is no air circulating in her jam-packed storage areas so mould from damp is probably also rife. She has numerous leather handbags and shoes, they could also be covered in mould. I bet all her storage areas smell dreadfully from a mixture of unwashed clothes, etc., and damp. Snorty doesn't appear to wash ceramics and glass bought secondhand. All that, plus the awful, smelly fumes that come from paraffin heaters, must be overwhelming in that place. People coming from other, well kept and cleaned chateaux must immediately notice the difference. The sheets, towels, etc., stored on open shelves in the laundry must also be dusty, damp and smelly. Add all that plus the owl, bats and dog mess to the dirty and unhygienic conditions in the kitchen, would any sane individual even contemplate staying in Fanny's B & B?

• Sick
Reactions: 39
:sick: :sick: The smell of stale cooking, booze, parafin, overstocked fridges, leftovers, rotting veg in the pantry, damp smelling linen, stale perfume, dog.

What an olfactory joy to the senses.

1701700369791.png

The sort of clothes she buys that can't go in the machine, she must have one hell of a dry cleaning bill. If she takes them there that is.

Also why did that Chelsea flower show tit give her a secondhand Barbour stockmans coat, not as if she can't afford to buy one herself.

Why do these fools give her anything....
1701700686011.png
.............she's no pauper!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
:sick: :sick: The smell of stale cooking, booze, parafin, overstocked fridges, leftovers, rotting veg in the pantry, damp smelling linen, stale perfume, dog.

What an olfactory joy to the senses.

View attachment 2609485

The sort of clothes she buys that can't go in the machine, she must have one hell of a dry cleaning bill. If she takes them there that is.

Also why did that Chelsea flower show tit give her a secondhand Barbour stockmans coat, not as if she can't afford to buy one herself.

Why do these fools give her anything....View attachment 2609497.............she's no pauper!
You forgot Phi Phi dank manly musk.
That chelsea flower show man was so ready for his close up, it was almost cute endearing, hopeful he bring a lil bit more then where getting at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's A Wonderful Life posted again, apparently they have been taking time off to try to figure out the youtube algorithm, good luck with that! I do wish them well.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
All those damn serving dishes that the Porcelain Fondler caresses every day, but they can't be bothered to get the serving dishes off the shelf for their own meals. Instead it's easier to just plunk pots of food in the centre of the table. Fanny does it all the time. Tacky and oh so common, but so Lielande!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It's A Wonderful Life posted again, apparently they have been taking time off to try to figure out the youtube algorithm, good luck with that! I do wish them well.
Yes, I saw that. It was a bit of a strange vlog.. I really don't understand why they didn't just drop a note onto Insta or use the Community tab in youtube, or even just pin a comment under their last vlog, just to answer the worries of their fans about their sudden silence. No need to go into details, just say they are fine and either hope to be back, or say they have had enough. No need to film anything. A written comment once a month only takes a couple of minutes.

If there was a chance they were coming back then how do they expect to keep the support that they have built up if they don't communicate with people? There were many comments of concern after their last vlog, but only one reply from them around 7 weeks ago (I posted it here) making vague reference to how the youtube gig hadn't worked out the way they had planned. It's a great way to lose subscribers: ignore them.

Judging by yesterday's offering, they have decided that the way to crack the algorithm is to gag Anna. There were plenty of shots of her in her weird (imo) outfits but she was not allowed to speak - hardly a word throughout. Peter did all of it, narrating over pieces of film that were taken over the summer. I'm not really into them any more, although I am glad nothing bad has happened. I won't be watching them again, I felt strange vibes from that vlog.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm glad they have decided to have another go, not easy I'm sure. Was a bit of an odd vlog though.

Reactions: 17
All those damn serving dishes that the Porcelain Fondler caresses every day, but they can't be bothered to get the serving dishes off the shelf for their own meals. Instead it's easier to just plunk pots of food in the centre of the table. Fanny does it all the time. Tacky and oh so common, but so Lielande!
Awful.
I must confess, I have a childhood trauma, growing up my mother would be ready to murder anyone who placed a pot straight on the dinner (lunch) table and I simply can not bare when I see pots on the table, childhood traumas aren’t created equal, right?
Seriously, are they all students? Or just plain lazy. Lazy, of course.
But the worst, IMO, is that they never, ever, put any tablecloth on that disgusting kitchen table. Tablecloths are another childhood trauma that was absorbed in my personality. I hate tables without tablecloth, I need tablecloth. My husband and my kids hate tablecloths and make jokes behind my back, they judge my large collection and laugh at my insistence to iron them when I iron nothing else… just saying.
Life can be brutal for a tablecloth dependent woman.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Awful.
I must confess, I have a childhood trauma, growing up my mother would be ready to murder anyone who placed a pot straight on the dinner (lunch) table and I simply can not bare when I see pots on the table, childhood traumas aren’t created equal, right?
Seriously, are they all students? Or just plain lazy. Lazy, of course.
But the worst, IMO, is that they never, ever, put any tablecloth on that disgusting kitchen table. Tablecloths are another childhood trauma that was absorbed in my personality. I hate tables without tablecloth, I need tablecloth. My husband and my kids hate tablecloths and make jokes behind my back, they judge my large collection and laugh at my insistence to iron them when I iron nothing else… just saying.
Life can be brutal for a tablecloth dependent woman.
It's not just the pot on the table it doesn't seems they put something underneath the hot pots on a wooden table :cautious: Also, your mother is like my mother in law, always a table cloth even at the hytte or picnic ! (hytte= cabin/summer house)
---
Can someone please explain Clippy?
It's from the last thread about the fabulous @HalcyonOrganic and another person(sorry didn't remember who) that was saying that someone in the vlog made them thought of "Clippy" and then we had a campaign by @HalcyonOrganic to "like" "Clippy" because the other person didn't like it 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just a couple days ago, I watched an old episode of The Office (US version) where Daryl had to unexpectedly come up with a resume whilst applying for Michael Scott’s old job of regional manager. He didn’t really know how to do it and called IT looking for help because he couldn’t find Clippy anymore. I think I manifested all of this.🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yes, I saw that. It was a bit of a strange vlog.. I really don't understand why they didn't just drop a note onto Insta or use the Community tab in youtube, or even just pin a comment under their last vlog, just to answer the worries of their fans about their sudden silence. No need to go into details, just say they are fine and either hope to be back, or say they have had enough. No need to film anything. A written comment once a month only takes a couple of minutes.

If there was a chance they were coming back then how do they expect to keep the support that they have built up if they don't communicate with people? There were many comments of concern after their last vlog, but only one reply from them around 7 weeks ago (I posted it here) making vague reference to how the youtube gig hadn't worked out the way they had planned. It's a great way to lose subscribers: ignore them.

Judging by yesterday's offering, they have decided that the way to crack the algorithm is to gag Anna. There were plenty of shots of her in her weird (imo) outfits but she was not allowed to speak - hardly a word throughout. Peter did all of it, narrating over pieces of film that were taken over the summer. I'm not really into them any more, although I am glad nothing bad has happened. I won't be watching them again, I felt strange vibes from that vlog.

Same. My first thought was that they are trying to shoehorn Anna into a Trad Wife mold. While I have always thought their relationship def has D/s vibes, which whatever floats your boat is fine with me! But this was different. Promoting her as "Annie's Mom", the extremely modest clothing...it all just rubbed me the wrong way.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Even Steptoe and Son (for our older UK Tattlers) had more class than that bunch of slobs. At least they removed their hats at the table and no sig of a dog.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 17.51.11.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.