The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @HalcyonOrganic for naming the thread.... Yeah... I don't have much to say....

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Tuesday at 10:07 PM
Hi Tattlers, Marquis' wife here!

Quick update:
A few days ago, before the humanitarian pause, my husband sent me this post-workout mirror pic before he went to his service area.

hub3.jpg

15 hours later, he sent me this.
He and his teammate were helping a wounded IDF soldier when he got shot in the calf by a Hamas militant.
Thank God the bullet did not hit his fibula but it has a hairline fracture. I don't want to bore you with more details, but the doctor said he's glad my husband built a "sturdy gastrocnemius muscle."
He is doing well and is expected to recover quickly.

hub4.jpg

BTW, the baby is doing great!
Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for the derail. Now let's Tattle on!

Last edited: Tuesday at 10:26 PM
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:You, Jules100, ploppityplop2 and 56 others

SleepingBeauty123

Friday at 8:33 AM
Hi everyone! I have been reading here every once in a while. Unfortunately, we had a tragedy in real life. One of our good friend’s husband who did professional roofing fell off a roof and died around the beginning of October. He was only about 35 years old and left behind his wife (our friend), and their 6 year old daughter and 5 year old son. He had a regular office job during the week but did roofing jobs in his off time for extra money, and had been doing it since he was a teenager. He loved roofing more than his desk job. He tripped over an air compressor hose and fell. As you can imagine, it was a freak accident and completely tragic. I guess the building they were roofing that day was actually only a one story building with a flat roof and no pitch to it at all. He died from internal bleeding at the hospital, somehow in his lungs. (I didn’t pry for the details as I wish I didn’t even know that much). So…once I finally decided to come back here and take my mind off all of that…it was exactly the same day that everyone started posting there was an accident that happened at Lalande. I skipped ahead and saw it was that someone had fallen and died. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t even feel as if I could write my story here as it was too fresh then. It made me livid to hear that some poor family in France was going through what my friend is going through, and knowing that maybe this death might have been preventable if Stephanie would just use the money she is getting from Patreon to get her stupid heating installed. Or quit screwing around installing wood burners. Or, just come clean and tell the truth to her viewers if she doesn’t want to spend the money on the heating instead of hiding behind so many obvious lies. I obviously do not know the real story of what happened at LaLande. It could have been a tragic, honest to goodness accident, like my friends. I hope that it truly was an accident, which is horrible enough.

I’ll probably pop in here every once in a while to read and catch up. I’m about 4 threads behind now. You guys are so funny and make me laugh, and I really enjoy hearing about your lives in different parts of the world. I actually probably enjoy the more off topic posts now more than anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful holiday season! ❤ No need to reply to this post with condolences…I know all of you enough by now to know that your empathy is always there for any and all of us, and whatever life seems to throw at us. But maybe life could just chill out a bit every now and then? A little smooth sailing would be nice every once in a while. 😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, kitchenwitch, Loire Valley and 49 others

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member

Tuesday at 9:10 PM
M&MsMom said:
I seem to vacillate when I try and decide if Stephanie and Philip's "relationship" is real or just for the cameras.
After watching last night's vlog, I found it hard to believe it's fake. The kid was looking both angry (very angry) and hurt when she was making fun of his purchases. Surely, if this was a fake romance that sort of emotion wouldn't be present, would it? I know if I don't like someone, I don't usually spend any effort on emotion, good or bad. And @Just Grift Wood - the tone in Philip's voice when he said "the tea is getting cold and the champagne is getting warm" sent a wave through me - anger, disgust, and a little bit of foreboding. Who is HE to tell HER what to do? Or WHEN to do it? It's her vlog, her home, her money, her life.......she can do as she pleases.

Another thing I realized while watching yesterday's vlog. She no longer gives wide views of anything at that place, except the kitchen. When she's outside, it's a very tight shot of what's in front of her, no more sweeping views. If she's in the garden, it's just the chickens. She no longer gives outside views from her bedroom window of the fountain, so we can't see the evidence of the investigation going on. When they're at dinner, it's very tight shots of people only, no more long views of the where they're eating. Either she's totally embarrassed of that hovel - AND SHE SHOULD BE - or she's hiding something. Could be both.
Snorty was getting upset because for some crazy reason the uneducated, unrefined and untalented dutch boy considers himself a paragon of taste, elegance and decorating talent. Snorty was upset because the group barely acknowledged and didn't appreciate, his tatty Emaus vases. Indeed they were all more interested in enjoying their mushrooms for lunch rather than Snorty's silly sideshow.

Honestly, there is something wrong with Snorty that he demanded instant attention and gratification for his purchases. Snorty lacks self-esteem and is extremely insecure. Even when Fanny said she was sitting down for hot mushroom lunch and they would look at the vases later, Snorty persisted. It was like, "Mummy, Mummy, Mummy - look at me!!!"

Snorty ignored the fact that Chantal was serving up a hot lunch she cooked and everyone was sitting down to eat. The appropriate action would have been for Snorty to sit down for lunch and show the vases to folks later. But instead Snorty persisted by pulling out every damn vase during lunch, demanded they all look and praise his choices, and when there was any slight criticism he pouted like a spoilt child.

When Snorty felt he was being overlooked for his hoarding talents, by demanding immediate attention it was his way to feel reassured that he's worthy and relevant. Both Snorty and Fanny need professional counselling. Maybe they can get a 2 for 1 discount rate (kinda like a travel upgrade, but different)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Jules100, ploppityplop2 and 43 others

ComtesseRose

VIP Member

Tuesday at 9:57 PM
Lady Avonlea said:
Snorty was getting upset because for some crazy reason the uneducated, unrefined and untalented dutch boy considers himself a paragon of taste, elegance and decorating talent. Snorty was upset because the group barely acknowledged and didn't appreciate, his tatty Emaus vases. Indeed they were all more interested in enjoying their mushrooms for lunch rather than Snorty's silly sideshow.
I think we all need a reminder of how much PhiPhimodo has enriched our lives. LOL.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions:Jules100, Arfarf, T Rex and 42 others

newengland

Tuesday at 8:10 PM
Snorty is such a tool. I‘ve thrown out better crap then he buys.

He’s so gross. The air of superiority, that faux posh accent he uses, the whining, the stupid face, the tight pants, the fugly hair, the girly ways, that walk of his, constantly holding that rat pup, no goals but hanging out with an old Fanny and buying and hoarding moldy old awful sh*t, his hard on for stupid dishes and table implements, Geesh, he’s such a f-ing waste of space. (Yeah, I know, long run on sentence.)

Bottom line, Snorts is rather pitiful and useless in every sense of the word.

• Heart
Reactions:You, Jules100, Demi-sec and 41 others

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member

Tuesday at 9:07 AM
@ComtesseRose thank you so much for the thread

The prissy little pube is buying things he doesn't even like- out of sheer boredom and something to do. All his purchases yesterday were ghastly and not needed. If they want vases buy some that are actually attractive and the right size. The glasses he buys because they have two left in pink??? For the love of God he is an idiot. They literally are just vile she wants to eat her mushrooms before humouring the twit and his oh such bad buys. Cut to the evening and the aggressive little prick is chastising her because her Champagne is getting warm and her tea cold.

The vlogs are in my opinion at an all time low. MarIE did a good job of the laundry room, (but who gives a tit, I'm not even fussed about my own) but far from finding life she is hiding from it. Her goals are to meet someone-how how in that dump? Stephanie is now so lazy she lets her aunt cook for her, it is embarrassing how she does absolutely nothing. Honestly she is the worst person ever I find her repugnant.

• Heart
Reactions:You, Arfarf, ploppityplop2 and 40 others

Thank You as always @tuffiti for the Patreon vlogs.

tuffiti

Yesterday at 5:35 PM
Patreon video: where we see Fanny lying/begging as usual, Snorts showing off some very ugly crap he bought, Nick pruning a tree, Snorts talking about his grandparents again, and Hanni en Fanny deciding on how they prefer their crem tea (Devon versus Cornish method). Is it just me or did Snorty call clotted cream closet cream?

If you don't want to see Snorts showing off the results of one his many shopping sprees, skip from 7:25-9:30.
FP.jpg

Heart Heart Quote
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Ginginger, dumbblonde and 21 others

Remember we have a wiki @Thebirdandthefrog anybody can edit in the wiki.
Happy Tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Old Dan is kicking Fannys ass. He’s almost to 400K. He has one video with over 3M views. Three over a million. He’s done 620 videos. Fanny on the other hand, has only 231K subs and one video with over 1M views. It sucks to see her continue on, however she has wasted her opportunity. Her channel does not grow. I hope all of our posts and diligence in calling out her bullshit has helped with that. We still come up very early in google searches about her so we will haunt her forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
As usual thank you @ComtesseRose YOU are the only star we need.

Congratulations 🍾🍻 @HalcyonOrganic 🥂🍾 for the thread title. Yes Clippy was the best.

--------------

These are the type of electric parafin heaters they're using, we had one once. The do knock out the heat but it's the constant refilling that's a pain, plus they cause so much condensation indoors which isn't good. That hovel is already as damp as a sponge, they're just making it worse and worse.

1701672308920.png

Heating works have stopped because of the accident, no because of an investigation perhaps?. Nathan's back out working and has just installed and commissioned a lovely heating system. Don't make it sound like they're all sitting around doing nothing. Self employed, don't work, don't earn any money, he can't afford too!

I do think the penny is finally dopping with more and more viewers.

I hope Cat dosen't turn up, can't abide the woman never have. Still got the arrival of the South African Gurner to look forwards to 🤢

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Will people ever wake up? I was out the minute she started buying Dyson hair styler, an endless amount of pillows and managed to get upgraded hotel suites. No heating but spending copious money on unnecessary things. If it costs so much to run the place how on earth did she keep it for 16 years without gardeners and cooks? How much does it take to slap some common sense into people? :whistle:

Thank you @ Comtesse Rose and tuffiti!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Just doing a La La stocktake, stimulated by some fans' comments and also comments on the zero gain in property value. Also hope some of the frenzied fans read this as a courtesy reminder of the current inhabitable status of the farmhouse.

Current projects:
1. THE BASICS - infrastructure to be habitable
1.1 Working heating - replacement units
and new/expanded units needed
1.2 Water pressure? (toilet not flushing)
1.3 Hot water?
1.4 Windows - rotted, repainting throughout
1.5 Damp/mould problems especially
back corridor
1.6 Ceiling fix for recent leaks back
corridor and kitchen
1.7 Facade falling down
1.8 Shutters at risk of falling down, some
need replacement
1.9 No roof contingency savings plan
1.10 Mouse infestation in kitchen. Bats and
Owls have to be tolerated due to
protected status.
1.11 External stairs to gites, fire stairs

2. WORKING AREAS (ie contribute to earning money) - practicalities for community living & BnB, Gites
2.1 Kitchen - working stove, suitable bench
tops for food prep and storage (height and
surface). SJ desired a new fridge and
stove.
2.2 Downstairs Loo
2.3 Gites - Natti's needs completion,
upgrade Nic's & Marquis apart, Gerry's to be
built/completed
2.4 Peacock bedroom & wallpaper -
currently half a wall of paper missing
2.5 Locks on all bedroom and gite doors.
NOTE: The pantry/wine cellar has one.

3. PUBLIC AREAS
3.1 Grand Salon - panelling
3.2 Winter salon - library shelves
3.3 Petite salon - functioning however desire
to paint it purple
3.4 Dining Room - still waiting for final
curtain (16 years) and the tutorial (2 years)
3.5 Patio area - stairs, wall, flooring/base
3.6 The Chapel - roof down, windows almost
complete, the restoration internally
3.7 Leisure area - the pool, swimming pond,
& THE OG......THE LAKE

4. PRIVATE AREAS
4.1 SJ bedroom/office/dressing
room/bathroom - walls, floor, decor
4.2 China Pantry completion, at moment
just concrete floor, incomplete walls
4.3 Attic completion - one half strewn with
junk

I can't do the garden part. I'm too over the BS. Please feel free to add/edit.

ALL of the above was written by Rory on 18/11/21. Over 2 years ago now. As far as I can see the ONLY thing that has been started on that list is the roof (vaulted ceiling) in the chapel.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Heating works have stopped because of the accident, no because of an investigation perhaps?. Nathan's back out working and has just installed and commissioned a lovely heating system. Don't make it sound like they're all sitting around doing nothing. Self employed, don't work, don't earn any money, he can't afford too!
Precisely my thoughts! Nathan has commitments to other clients that he can’t put to one side. Lalande isn’t the only place on his work agenda and he can’t afford to mess up his planned schedule elsewhere.

(many thanks @ComtesseRose for the new thread)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just doing a La La stocktake, stimulated by some fans' comments and also comments on the zero gain in property value. Also hope some of the frenzied fans read this as a courtesy reminder of the current inhabitable status of the farmhouse.

Current projects:
1. THE BASICS - infrastructure to be habitable
1.1 Working heating - replacement units
and new/expanded units needed
1.2 Water pressure? (toilet not flushing)
1.3 Hot water?
1.4 Windows - rotted, repainting throughout
1.5 Damp/mould problems especially
back corridor
1.6 Ceiling fix for recent leaks back
corridor and kitchen
1.7 Facade falling down
1.8 Shutters at risk of falling down, some
need replacement
1.9 No roof contingency savings plan
1.10 Mouse infestation in kitchen. Bats and
Owls have to be tolerated due to
protected status.
1.11 External stairs to gites, fire stairs

2. WORKING AREAS (ie contribute to earning money) - practicalities for community living & BnB, Gites
2.1 Kitchen - working stove, suitable bench
tops for food prep and storage (height and
surface). SJ desired a new fridge and
stove.
2.2 Downstairs Loo
2.3 Gites - Natti's needs completion,
upgrade Nic's & Marquis apart, Gerry's to be
built/completed
2.4 Peacock bedroom & wallpaper -
currently half a wall of paper missing
2.5 Locks on all bedroom and gite doors.
NOTE: The pantry/wine cellar has one.

3. PUBLIC AREAS
3.1 Grand Salon - panelling
3.2 Winter salon - library shelves
3.3 Petite salon - functioning however desire
to paint it purple
3.4 Dining Room - still waiting for final
curtain (16 years) and the tutorial (2 years)
3.5 Patio area - stairs, wall, flooring/base
3.6 The Chapel - roof down, windows almost
complete, the restoration internally
3.7 Leisure area - the pool, swimming pond,
& THE OG......THE LAKE

4. PRIVATE AREAS
4.1 SJ bedroom/office/dressing
room/bathroom - walls, floor, decor
4.2 China Pantry completion, at moment
just concrete floor, incomplete walls
4.3 Attic completion - one half strewn with
junk

I can't do the garden part. I'm too over the BS. Please feel free to add/edit.

ALL of the above was written by Rory on 18/11/21. Over 2 years ago now. As far as I can see the ONLY thing that has been started on that list is the roof (vaulted ceiling) in the chapel.
The only thing that's happening is the list is getting longer and longer.

If things are/have been done as the crazies profess, show us the evidence. All it is is meaningless words bla bla bla

These fools hang on every word, she's beyond reproach in their eyes. Old Brens FB page, christ you need a sick bag handy while reading the comments with all the arse licking that goes on there.

€50 euro Elton has posted another filtered picture of himself. It's just laughable their idiocy, except for the amount of cash that's gone in her coffers and she still asks for more.

What she lacks in common sense, she makes up for in spades with cunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That list of works is a blast from the past. It needs updating with the grand salon beam and the upstairs bedrooms with falling walls (and wallpaper rework). Memorial garden as well.
I am no longer a regular watcher or reader here, but my memory is pretty good. The fact that patrons and viewers and Brenda’s Facebook fanatics, who claim to love Stephanie and follow her videos religiously, yet have no cognition regarding anything even just the building bullshit amazes and depresses me.

What has she and her fandom achieved?
- Links to two deaths,
- a Covid outbreak amongst residents and potentially a TB one as well.
- purchases of furniture, useless machines, cars, dresses, a dog, etc items too numerous and useless to mention
- travel, travel, travel
- Links to mental health suffering by ex residents

It just goes on and on.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The only thing that's happening is the list is getting longer and longer.

If things are/have been done as the crazies profess, show us the evidence. All it is is meaningless words bla bla bla

These fools hang on every word, she's beyond reproach in their eyes. Old Brens FB page, christ you need a sick bag handy while reading the comments with all the arse licking that goes on there.

€50 euro Elton has posted another filtered picture of himself. It's just laughable their idiocy, except for the amount of cash that's gone in her coffers and she still asks for more.

What she lacks in common sense, she makes up for in spades with cunning.
Stephanie has been very shrewd all the patreons mirror her love bombing they all want to be seen as lovely people and they buy into her pretending to be kind and caring and they are brain washed and use no critical thinking. The thought of bereaved people paying for a star is absolutely awful and so sad.
---
Stephanie has been very shrewd all the patreons mirror her love bombing they all want to be seen as lovely people and they buy into her pretending to be kind and caring and they are brain washed and use no critical thinking. The thought of bereaved people paying for a star is absolutely awful and so sad.
She now has very few friends wishing to slum it at the Shitto-I mean it is no holiday you have to cook clean and earn the right to freeze your tits off

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I hope This hasn't been mentioned before, but in the last video by One Turret Short Of A Chateau Clare shows us what happens to your clothing, furniture etc inside a damp house and she even says that no chateau owner even mentions this.
Starting at 6:39

I can't even imagine how it all looks like in SJ's chateau....

....and Dan is having another live right now.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I hope This hasn't been mentioned before, but in the last video by One Turret Short Of A Chateau Clare shows us what happens to your clothing, furniture etc inside a damp house and she even says that no chateau owner even mentions this.
Starting at 6:39

I can't even imagine how it all looks like in SJ's chateau....

....and Dan is having another live right now.
I like they keep it real and I'm with her on damp. When we first moved over full time our place wasn't renovated let alone insulated. A lot of our clothes we packed away in clip lock top plastic boxes and the damp got in. I threw out shoes (not that they were conducive to living in the countryside and I should just have got rid before the move) that were beyond saving due to mould. Lovely leather handbags, also some beautiful clothes I had. Mould just lurves silk and satin stuff. Mr Spratt had shirts he'd never worn that went to the tip. You bring these things as you think you'll wear them but your whole lifestyle changes.

Just imagine in that hovel the state of some of the clothes in Fanny's wardrobe. It's ram packed so no airflow can get through. Once mould gets onto clothes etc they're not worth trying to save, as you clean it off and it just keeps coming back.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I like they keep it real and I'm with her on damp. When we first moved over full time our place wasn't renovated let alone insulated. A lot of our clothes we packed away in clip lock top plastic boxes and the damp got in. I threw out shoes (not that they were conducive to living in the countryside and I should just have got rid before the move) that were beyond saving due to mould. Lovely leather handbags, also some beautiful clothes I had. Mould just lurves silk and satin stuff. Mr Spratt had shirts he'd never worn that went to the tip. You bring these things as you think you'll wear them but your whole lifestyle changes.

Just imagine in that hovel the state of some of the clothes in Fanny's wardrobe. It's ram packed so no airflow can get through. Once mould gets onto clothes etc they're not worth trying to save, as you clean it off and it just keeps coming back.
I imagine they all smell very musty, I doubt clothes are cleaned often enough and probably never dried properly Fanny and Snorts give the impression of being hygiene deficient. I can honestly think of nothing worse than living there in winter, there is literally nowhere comfortable.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Precisely my thoughts! Nathan has commitments to other clients that he can’t put to one side. Lalande isn’t the only place on his work agenda and he can’t afford to mess up his planned schedule elsewhere.

(many thanks @ComtesseRose for the new thread)
She'll be at the bottom of the list now but she won't care, she's saving on fuel.
It's the one bit of truth she has said is that there is a national shortage of plumbers and heating engineers and they are all up to the eyes in work. So don't mess them about.

We've just had the same with a client, they've faffed about for months (trying to save by doing stuff themselves which in turn is holding up Mr Spratt's side of things) and have now said they're ready and can it be done before the 19th December. Answer was no, not until mid January now, he's been asking them when will they be ready, make a definitive booking now otherwise Mrs Spratt's schedule will be fully booked again. Some people think they're your only client and that you've been sitting around waitiing on them. We'll very soon be booking in jobs for February.
---
I imagine they all smell very musty, I doubt clothes are cleaned often enough and probably never dried properly Fanny and Snorts give the impression of being hygiene deficient. I can honestly think of nothing worse than living there in winter, there is literally nowhere comfortable.
It was miserable enough in our 3 bed stone cottage with 2 feet thick walls with no heating or insulation, it got to 5 degrees C in our bedroom at one point. Imagine in the chateau, a place that size. It makes you feel physically sick and it was a permanent round of colds and stomach bugs, that's why they're all ill so often. those parafin heaters will just make matters worse. I'd never ever do this again. Next house will be a more mordern one when that time comes as we age because therre is no public transport where we live at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.