The Chateau Diaries #244 Broom your teef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tracy did a vlog about where Tony is and why he is not there, as there was so many people questioning. She said she preferred to no go into details for the grandsons sake and that they would only leave the vlog up for a few days. Basically Tracy and Tony are separated he is back in England. No mystery just personal issues.
Thanks @LittleMore Cottage, appreciate your response.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alice Walker, some obscure poet, no doubt? :unsure:
Does The Color Purple ring a bell?

I will also say she coined the term Womanism to include women of colour into the feminism movement.
So some obscure poet she is not. In your defense, these subjects or books might not be something you deal with in everyday life, nor actively seek out.
That being said, the Alice Walker quote is valid, but in the context of Lalande it becomes laughable as those who have seen the toxicity can't relate or even agree with.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Neither do I!
Which one has a lot of curly hair? Neither IMHO! :ROFLMAO:
But, I thought the mother was of the blond, straight haired guy who made the peacock chair for SJ. Correct?
And the young boy is her grandchild from her daughter - who is never ever featured visiting or mentioned either - again, very strange. Totally :unsure:
The Tony guy, has been missing for a good couple of months hasn't he, without any explanation? Again, :unsure:
The mother of Terry made a short, to camera, announcement that her partner had returned to UK. That the chateau renovation life wasn’t for everyone and asked asked viewers to be discreet as nothing was certain at this time and Jonathan ( grandson) didn’t know that he might not return. I thought she did an admirable job of informing supporters without saying too much.

Reactions: 19

I will also say she coined the term Womanism to include women of colour into the feminism movement.
So some obscure poet she is not. In your defense, these subjects or books might not be something you deal with in everyday life, nor actively seek out.
That being said, the Alice Walker quote is valid, but in the context of Lalande it becomes laughable as those who have seen the toxicity can't relate or even agree with.
@Summerbaby if you haven’t seen The Colour Purple movie highly recommend, it is a powerful story. Normally I’d recommend the book but in this instance I found the movie better. If Alice Walkers name has been uttered by SJ its insulting

• Heart
Reactions: 18

❤ Thank you @ComtesseRose for calling me to right and directing me. I truly appreciate it.
Truly sad that someone had to actually coin the phrase of Womanism to include women of colour? WTF?
In my real life, I have friends of every culture, creed, colour and therefore, they basically are my extended family/friends.
Throughout my own past family generations and those of my friends, we all suffered from prejudice within the UK especially when my parents/and her parents first arrived in the UK. Not so long ago, think late 1940/50s!
UNBELIEVABLE to accept these days, but, so true and their personal experience back then. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you for the YouTube recommendation!
I am vertically challenged as well, I don‘t think that’s an insult at all ! ( I actually kind of like being short..except for when I’m at the grocery store and I have to ask someone for the things on the higher shelves )
I'm the same, worst bit is trying to get something from the very back of the big chest freezers in the supermarket, always that risk you might just fall in head first. Stuff on high shelves is always a problem as the Vendeen's are not known for being tall either.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
@Summerbaby if you haven’t seen The Colour Purple movie highly recommend, it is a powerful story. Normally I’d recommend the book but in this instance I found the movie better. If Alice Walkers name has been uttered by SJ its insulting
Thank you @stella65, I have seen that movie but never associated it with Alice Walker. Have responded in another post with my comments/thoughts. ❤
tony and the woman were parents of the one who doesn't have very short hair 😁 tony did a lot of work in the begining. he and wife and a kid were living in campers through the winter and receiving orders from masters of the chateau who were in england (that was my impression). the one with very short hair looks like pervert to me. isn't he some sort of small town politician with hazy reputation?
---

what kind of drugs are these?
From what I remember, the one with the shorter hair was a local gov councillor and during Covid lock down he was supposed to be "working from home", when, in actual fact he was living in France - not very local, in fact! :unsure:
He was not the first and certainly wasn't the last to do so either - but, other councillors weren't making YT vlogs where they could be viewed and found on the www either, could they? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
From what I remember, the one with the shorter hair was a local gov councillor and during Covid lock down he was supposed to be "working from home", when, in actual fact he was living in France - not very local, in fact! :unsure:
He was not the first and certainly wasn't the last to do so either - but, other councillors weren't making YT vlogs where they could be viewed and found on the www either, could they? :ROFLMAO:
So not only was he living in another country, he was pulling a salary while renovating full time, broadcasting it, probably only answering the odd email/teams mtg and thought no one would notice! I shouldn’t be surprised, the guy is a complete dick and apparently thick as a brick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
So lost several threads back. 😭😭😭 I gather I have missed drama again! OMG the flower killer is back!
Hope you all partied hard in the lounge last night! Celebrating our new VIP. Congrats @suthern_lurker! 🥂🥂🥂🎉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
More equipment bites the dust. Dan is so slap dash and doesn’t look after anything. Still, at least he didn’t fall and cameras can be replaced 🙄
He stresses me out soooo much. He needs a lesson from Billy ao how to mix concrete not spill a drop and leave the mixer squeaky clean

• Heart
Reactions: 21
He was not the first and certainly wasn't the last to do so either - but, other councillors weren't making YT vlogs where they could be viewed and found on t
he www either, could they? :ROFLMAO:
Yes and he thinks F4F Actually likes him he doesn't see the look of contempt on her face the first time they took a chair to suck up support in anticipation of a golden ticket. Clearly your accent isn't from the right area and others have said she's not a champion of lbgt

• Sad
Reactions: 15
For the life of me cannot understand why Marrrrieee is such a masochist that she wanted to return to the chateau. Has she the memory span of a fruit fly? When she again will be desperately depressed or trying to top herself off - i say she asked for it. I am done with her... For me she is fair game now!
FRK has nowhere else to go. She admitted she has "no friends or future" in Norway. That's because she wears thin on everybody, cannot hold a job, has to do things her way--even in someone else's florist shop or kitchen, and constantly has to be bailed out. She burns bridges everywhere she goes. Sadly her own --- mother egged her to return to France. The HMN have only taken her back to distract from the growing outrage over Stephanie's and Phyllis' frauds and bad taste. That FRK can be the target of their sadistic mind games is a bonus for the shittoo gang.

Norway to Marie Wiik:

f-offmariewiik.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
dumbblonde

Yesterday at 2:12 PM
Some interesting stats on the new "Travels with my fiend" channel.
Firstly - only 14K subscribers.
And the latest Venice vlog from 2 days ago has to date attracted 11K views.
Compare this to Dan's 2 day old vlog - 141K views from his 170K subscribers.
Even with some of her loonies playing the vlogs on repeat, there is a clear message here.
Steph - viewers have had enough of your travels - get on with the job in hand - bloody RENOVATION.

The figures haven’t exactly been tsunamiesque since the above was posted yesterday.

The problem is that the Venice episode of what’s essentially a vanity project was deeply dull. In fact, it was boring (to the point that I didn’t watch the whole squealfest in its entirety). The previous week’s offering, with Ollie as the lead, was marginally better because clearly he had put thought and research iinto the content, and seemed to be genuinely interested in and enthused by the places shown. However, it would have been much more interesting and engaging without SJ’s contribution. Which was effectively zero, apart from the occasional orgasmic stroking of a pillar (not an euphemism) and gasps of wonder and infantile squeaks of excitement over bubbles in a park. Stephanie’s hidden Venetian gems, or places that apparently only someone who knows and loves Venice with a passion would have knowledge (I’m typing this buried in a truckload of salt), were laughable. It wasn’t just in the edit. The whole thing was all so badly thought out and put together. Honestly: a tap shop? Lampshades? Doughnuts on a skewer painting (kabobs, anyone?)? Skipping over a bridge? The Royal Suite (or room 206), a room/suite which no longer exists and, really and truly, wasn’t anything particularly special? It Etc, etc, et-bloody-cetera . Plus the ubiquitous shoehorning of her shitshow chateau into conversation at every whip and trip.

l’ve no problem at all with content gleaned over the last two years. In that respect, at least, they’ve been upfront(ish). Some things - places, architecture, buildings, history - are timeless. In fairness - gritted teeth - the timeline of “filming” for the new venture, is something they’ve said has take place over an extended period. Having said that, and using the Bauer hotel as an example, to just put a caption that, subsequent to their “exclusive” footage of what I thought was actually a seriously underwhelming segment, the hotel had closed for complete refurbishment was lazy and disingenuous. Never mind, though, SJ was able to snatch the bed head et al at auction and, lo, it will be bodged to fit a room at the Heap of Decrepitude…what luck, what joy.

I feel that Ollie views the channel as a goer but he continues to be in Stephanie’s thrall. His dotty professor/bumbling Brit abroad persona, coupled with him sometimes seeming to be an avuncular, indulgent uncle with a vacuous, vapid and wayward niece, can wear very thin but, for all that, I don find him as teeth-grindingly and blood-boilingly irritating, frustrating and exasperating as Stephanie.

The way in which the YT algorithm pixies work is a complete mystery. SJ can’t rely upon CD viewers watching the Steff & Ollie Show or, indeed, her Not Very Grand Tour. Equally, viewers who stumble upon the travel vlogs by chance and go in cold to watch S&O cavorting hither and thither may not make a beeline to either CD or MMM, thereby driving those numbers up. There were comments when Stephanie started using Sundays at the Chateau as a vehicle for vlogs of visits to other chateaux within the Chateau DIY sphere, each being vlog fodder sometimes over more than episode. People want Lalande. They want love, life and laughter. They want restoration. They want the (entirely manufactured) interplay of happy participants in the faux bonhomie of what we know is a pantomime. They want - no, they will - the renaissance of this historically insignificant crumbling heap of decrepitude. They even want brocanting.

They’ve 10 or 12 episodes in the can, I think? Release them, bury the ides and quietly retreat. Stephanie, nurture the following you’ve got, don’t jeopardise it by killing the golden goose before it’s ready for the oven. Ollie, poodle along with your mansion and make the most of Camilla - possibly your greatest asset.

IMG_0136.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
dumbblonde

Even with some of her loonies playing the vlogs on repeat, there is a clear message here.
Steph - viewers have had enough of your travels - get on with the job in hand - bloody RENOVATION.

The figures haven’t exactly been tsunamiesque since the above was posted yesterday.

The problem is that the Venice episode of what’s essentially a vanity project was deeply dull. In fact, it was boring (to the point that I didn’t watch the whole squealfest in its entirety). The previous week’s offering, with Ollie as the lead, was marginally better because clearly he had put thought and research iinto the content, and seemed to be genuinely interested in and enthused by the places shown. However, it would have been much more interesting and engaging without SJ’s contribution. Which was effectively zero, apart from the occasional orgasmic stroking of a pillar (not an euphemism) and gasps of wonder and infantile squeaks of excitement over bubbles in a park. Stephanie’s hidden Venetian gems, or places that apparently only someone who knows and loves Venice with a passion would have knowledge (I’m typing this buried in a truckload of salt), were laughable. It wasn’t just in the edit. The whole thing was all so badly thought out and put together. Honestly: a tap shop? Lampshades? Doughnuts on a skewer painting (kabobs, anyone?)? Skipping over a bridge? The Royal Suite (or room 206), a room/suite which no longer exists and, really and truly, wasn’t anything particularly special? It Etc, etc, et-bloody-cetera . Plus the ubiquitous shoehorning of her shitshow chateau into conversation at every whip and trip.

l’ve no problem at all with content gleaned over the last two years. In that respect, at least, they’ve been upfront(ish). Some things - places, architecture, buildings, history - are timeless. In fairness - gritted teeth - the timeline of “filming” for the new venture, is something they’ve said has take place over an extended period. Having said that, and using the Bauer hotel as an example, to just put a caption that, subsequent to their “exclusive” footage of what I thought was actually a seriously underwhelming segment, the hotel had closed for complete refurbishment was lazy and disingenuous. Never mind, though, SJ was able to snatch the bed head et al at auction and, lo, it will be bodged to fit a room at the Heap of Decrepitude…what luck, what joy.

I feel that Ollie views the channel as a goer but he continues to be in Stephanie’s thrall. His dotty professor/bumbling Brit abroad persona, coupled with him sometimes seeming to be an avuncular, indulgent uncle with a vacuous, vapid and wayward niece, can wear very thin but, for all that, I don find him as teeth-grindingly and blood-boilingly irritating, frustrating and exasperating as Stephanie.

The way in which the YT algorithm pixies work is a complete mystery. SJ can’t rely upon CD viewers watching the Steff & Ollie Show or, indeed, her Not Very Grand Tour. Equally, viewers who stumble upon the travel vlogs by chance and go in cold to watch S&O cavorting hither and thither may not make a beeline to either CD or MMM, thereby driving those numbers up. There were comments when Stephanie started using Sundays at the Chateau as a vehicle for vlogs of visits to other chateaux within the Chateau DIY sphere, each being vlog fodder sometimes over more than episode. People want Lalande. They want love, life and laughter. They want restoration. They want the (entirely manufactured) interplay of happy participants in the faux bonhomie of what we know is a pantomime. They want - no, they will - the renaissance of this historically insignificant crumbling heap of decrepitude. They even want brocanting.

They’ve 10 or 12 episodes in the can, I think? Release them, bury the ides and quietly retreat. Stephanie, nurture the following you’ve got, don’t jeopardise it by killing the golden goose before it’s ready for the oven. Ollie, poodle along with your mansion and make the most of Camilla - possibly your greatest asset.

View attachment 2199446
Bravo…so well said! 👍❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The mother of Terry made a short, to camera, announcement that her partner had returned to UK. That the chateau renovation life wasn’t for everyone and asked asked viewers to be discreet as nothing was certain at this time and Jonathan ( grandson) didn’t know that he might not return. I thought she did an admirable job of informing supporters without saying too much.
I was just saying to my husband that I think Pa from the ladies chateau might up sticks and go back to the US. They seemed to be concerned with family dynamics on the last vlog, and I’m sure he’s bored and now taking too close an interest in the running of the château. It’s not for everyone I’d be bored out of my mind out in the middle of nowhere

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So lost several threads back. 😭😭😭 I gather I have missed drama again! OMG the flower killer is back!
Hope you all partied hard in the lounge last night! Celebrating our new VIP. Congrats @suthern_lurker! 🥂🥂🥂🎉

It was a blast thanks @Maple fairy. Keeping up with the youngsters was hard going mind 🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂
Suffering today though as finally got home in the early hours. Thank God for Uber 👌🏻

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
dumbblonde

View attachment 2199446
That's all very good and logical advice. So you know Fanny isn't going to take it on board.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Same. My two don't even have partners currently and daughter has pronounced she doesn't want to give up her career! :sneaky:
I always say- things can change quickly- it only takes 9 months! 🤣🤣🤣 Then life is never the same! 😍
But seriously/ I imagine wanting to have grands is the normal thing- but it doesn’t always happen that way- then another thing will come along to fill your heart and give you other things to focus on- sometimes a niece or nephew, a new pet or even a friend or neighbors little ones- you can be a special someone to another! 😍
*And this visit I kept getting asked “Are you OLD?” So that’s always fun! 😮😆🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So the latest flog, showing plates with food. 5 exactly. I don't care what Maria cooks or what they had for lunch. Too long of a footage showing nicky & Indiana Jones.
Thor... we know the mating ritual for peacocks..just stop it!

Honestly she is scraping the barrel to cover her trip to the chelsea flower show.

Maybe, she can sweep and dust the attics.
Since the grand salon work can go ahead, start planning and removing furniture from the rooms above.
The peacock wallpaper and the paint colours can be purchased. That would be watchable but this. No wonder she has 1k subscribers in the past 30 days. No one tunes in and think oooh a fantastic flog let me subscribe.

Btw: refika's kitchen is superb, she doesn't go into how her grandma's dog use to make this dish at eid, for all the other strays in the area and the happy memories.

She dives in and start cooking. I love the mezze flogs. Especially the ones I like to eat very much 😍
Clean, simple cooking!
Just took a look at Refika’s Kitchen. Suffice to say I’ve subscribed and can’t wait to try out some of the dishes. Thank you for the suggestion. Someone who actually produces content. How refreshing!😉

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.