The Chateau Diaries #243 I had a panic attack but then f-d off to Venice & spent $$$$$$

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Angel Strawbridge not being very angelic.
wow, that's bad.. don't care where you work, not good. https://deadline.com/2023/05/escape...l-mouthed-rant-producer-channel-4-1235373126/

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Back to this week's Patreon, I noted she teased the Chelsea Flower show vlog would air on her Touring Europe channel. How can an Oxford grad not know the UK is not in Europe? Did she not hear about Brexit at the very least? Such a sad excuse for a vlogger.
She also said she wanted to post her Egypt travel there.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
  • Wow
  • Haha
Some interesting stats on the new "Travels with my fiend" channel.
Firstly - only 14K subscribers.
And the latest Venice vlog from 2 days ago has to date attracted 11K views.
Compare this to Dan's 2 day old vlog - 141K views from his 170K subscribers.
Even with some of her loonies playing the vlogs on repeat, there is a clear message here.
Steph - viewers have had enough of your travels - get on with the job in hand - bloody RENOVATION.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Clarrie Burnout would want us to think she's Clara Burnett, either the original or Darth Clara. If she's meant to be some other crone in here I just wanted to say the coven doesn't shut down because of a few rats, we might even throw you a few scraps.
I would need to go back and reread CB’s entire ouevre to confirm, but I always felt the original in-the-know Clara was actually two people, probably a couple. One a native English speaker, one not. I suspect that’s what sent the Dragon Princess after the unfortunate former caretakers. While I’ve no idea what caused the recent CB meltdown it could easily have been exhaustion with the situation and possibly a personal trauma. Ol’ Burnout is definitely not the original CB. The average, untrained writer has almost no ability to change their “voice”. It’s as good as a written fingerprint. I’ve got a couple of analyst buddies from university who spend their days reviewing internet whacko manifestos for potential threats. They’ve confirmed this many times. The interesting thing is most people write as they speak. I know I do. As has been pointed out before, hear the posts in a Fannyverse member in your head. That will show you who the most likely poster is. (hiya Gerry, you gnarled little troll).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry going to say this then run for cover. Having listened to the audio of Angel S speaking out I feel if I was her I would probably have said the same. I can’t stand two faced people who smirk when called out, which is what the man on the receiving end appears to be. There are always two sides to every story so it would be interesting to hear why she said what she did. Dick & Angel are hard headed business people who did what they did to make a lot of money. Their fairy tale life is just a story created for the cameras but their example led to many others trying to do the same thing. The difference between them and Princess Fanny is that they did get their chateau renovated, they did start a successful wedding and events business and although there was a lot of pretence on their show just for the storyline they have never openly lied and grifted or pretended to be wallowing in self pity and asked for patreonage from their followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Back to this week's Patreon, I noted she teased the Chelsea Flower show vlog would air on her Touring Europe channel. How can an Oxford grad not know the UK is not in Europe? Did she not hear about Brexit at the very least? Such a sad excuse for a vlogger.
Um the UK most certainly is in Europe…it’s no longer in the EU, but unless there has been some drastic plate tectonics I’ve been unaware of it’s still in Europe!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Even a 6 Euro dress is overspending at this point. The Shopaholic and Twank just can’t help themselves.
View attachment 2196271
What SJ could do with, as she always looks such a state, is a proper wardrobe consultant. She should give all she has to charity, buy a good size capsule wardrobe, suitable for her age and her varied lifestyle under the direction of someone who knows how to build one. Then it should strictly be that the only purchases that are made are replacements. Streamlining her clothes, belongings and furnishings would be the way to go. Not buy, buy, buy.

• Heart
My experience…over the past 8 years…. Is that emergency care and also those sectioned cannot benefit from private hospital care despite us having private health insurance. It’s not how the health service operates. If he was well enough to be in a private hospital ( yes ironic….) we would be able to benefit from private insurance.
We have used many many many different therapies ,therapists, psychologists , psychiatrists but…. If there is no place to provide structured and recovery ( hospitals are not rehabilitation clinics IMO) then it is what one of the nurses at the state hospital said to me is a ‘ swing door policy’ for many of the patients. Desperate and sad.
We are fortunate to be able to pay for some things but in the long run this has not helped …..mainly because the private and state sector share information … or are the same people but we just get to pay them🙄😂.

Tragically for us and many/others by law they can be treated against their will with ECT. We believe this has caused significant memory damage and cognitive problems. This was a high functioning person who had kept a job for a long time …..and now is unable to support himself day to day,what it does mean is that he cannot benefit from most talking therapy’s because his memory does not work to recall the strategies .
I do have a legal case trying to deal with the ECT treatment ….

Diagnosis to medicalise is for us another problem. the pharmaceutical industry is big business!
I am curious if your father prescribed ECT…?
I guess what should happen when someone is discharged and what actually happens are often very different things.
In all a dreadful service that is very short staffed and underfunded compared to physical health .
Eg the local state hospital has just 28 beds…

Sorry and apologies to all other hags and tartlets for the derail that started with someone trying to jump onto the rails….

Thank goodness I have a sense of humour!
It is interesting, your depiction of mental health care in England. We have our challenges here in the US, as well, and one would expect better from our respective countries.

I started answering your question last night, but my response was too long - it will still probably be too long! While my dad did not usually talk much in terms of specifics while he was in practice, I do know his thoughts about ECT because we had a woman from our church who was beloved by everyone.....unbeknownst to me at the time, she had undergone several ECT treatments over the course of several years. I have vivid memories of her being this vibrant, happy go lucky person, but even as a teenager, I can remember seeing the light in her just dim until it eventually went out. One day she was there and the next she was gone - physically gone and no one ever saw her again! My parents had been friendly with her and her husband and would go out together sometimes - since my parents own divorce coincided with what was happening with this woman, I assumed their divorce was why they no longer socialized. Sometime in the 1990's, I asked my dad about her - as a teenager, I remember asking about her and always being met with weird looks and just a curt sort of "she's not feeling well, she is very ill". My dad told me that she had suffered with depression her whole life, after having been sexually abused by a family member. As an adult, she had undergone ECT at least three times that he knew about. My dad had tried to intervene after the third time - she would always call him and ask his advice, as a friend, which made my dad very uncomfortable, so he tried to speak to her husband about discontinuing the ECT, to no avail. When my dad told me what happened to her, he told me that it was the late 1970's and the drug therapies today were not available then, so ECT was used a lot back then. His belief then (a belief he maintained throughout his career) was that the short term benefit of ECT did not always outweigh the long term risk - he advocated for treatment plans where appropriate medication, always in conjunction with traditional therapy, ruled the day - he did not feel that a treatment that "wears off" takes into account that when it "wears off", a patient is still "stuck" with the depression that drove them to ECT in the first place! In this case of his friend, he felt it solved nothing and was very harmful and that it was being used as a quick fix. I do recall him saying that there were documented instances where ECT was shown as being helpful to some....but I don't recall him elaborating on that. He just specifically talked about her and the issues he knew about with her, as his friend.

So that's what I know about how he felt about ECT, in general.

So sorry for the long post!

• Heart
Well. Egypt used to be a part of the Roman empire... so, we can conclude that she can squeeze a trip to Egypt into a big tour of Europe.
(Please think outside the box):p:m:unsure::sneaky:
The Romans were in Britain, too. I've seen this in the Asterix movie :)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Actually the UK is in Europe, we left the EU not Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.