The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what? Gold gilt is not my thing....but if it were, I'd say this looks pretty damn good!
At the very least, the ceiling is connected properly to the walls! In other words, I could stand in there and be certain the whole shebang isn't going to tumble down on me and suck me into the cellar while I eat my turkey and stuffing at Easter!
Adrian and Carole's meticulous attention to detail is amazing.
I do like gilt and have gilded furniture but I think Carole has gone overboard.
Anyway, in my opinion, the before and after is pretty spectacular.

Reactions: 16
Well ...... that's Easter !
I thought Fanny was so glad it was all over and when I looked at it ..... I was too !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh er someone on f/b has just posted this on Selmar’s page as he‘s put the selmargate vlog up again.
so sorry about this experience Selmar. You were there (but we did not meet) when I stayed at Lalande. We had a lovely weekend there but it didn't go down well with Natalia when she asked for honest feedback and we mentioned that although there was a tray of tea available when we arrived on the first day; it wasn't cleared away or replenished for the next days. There is such a big deal made of (normal) tea in the morning and the dirty cups from our arrival just sat there for our entire visit. The beds were not made and the room not cleaned. The shower didn't operate properly and you couldn't lean over to brush your teeth in the tiny shower room because the sink came to your knees and if you bent over you would hit the wall. The back window of our car had been prised open with a screwdriver and cracked in the car park. The breakfasts were chaotic and fairly random. There was even a bizarre scenario when we were asked on the morning of our departure if we would like to be waved off by Stephanie as if she was royalty... crikey.. We have spent weekends and holiday's with far more important and influential people and it would never occur to any of them to see the departure of anyone but as an obligation to say goodbye personally. It was beautiful and we did enjoy our stay but had a rather stiff response to our pretty valid comments (made purely because the cost was higher for bed and breakfast than their contemporaries and it's always good to know where things need to be improved) and told when we mentioned we would like to stay the following year that would be unlikely. I see that as bad management; and only mention because it sounds like the pot was calling the kettle black - as the saying goes. I can see that it would have been problematic if the chemistry wasn't right. You were there; we all know, when they needed you most. The place was absolutely on it's knees and they were isolated. We all saw and know what you did and it is absolutely unfair for anyone to behave towards a volunteer in that manner. I can see that the introduction would add to the frisson - and that is natural I am afraid in a house of communal living; but it is quite offensive that any manager should behave without due respect. If there was a problem that was for the owners to sort out in a civilised manner.

How long will this stay up?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
What the actual duck have I just watched.
Jared, Pavlina and Stuart trying to look ethereal by prancing through the woods trailing a length of material which was attached to a Blue Petered dragons head.
Smugmug demonstrating yet another skill that he hasn’t got how to paint a ceiling without leaving bare patches, at least it made me laugh.
Fanny doing duck all whilst those around her shop, cook, prepare rooms for the idiots that are staying overnight.
I’m still struggling to see how so much food (and I’ve no comment to make on it‘s quality as the cross contamination of uncooked chicken next to cold meet platters is still giving me the shudders) is produced in that kitchen with so little work space. Every conceivable work surface has crap piled up on it I just don’t see how so many platters of food can be prepared. There is hardly enough room to produce a meal for 4 never mind 50.
Where was Dana she lives close by?
Good points, no Viv and Simon from Chateau Love and no Ollie and Cammie.
And can someone tell me what was the big announcement it completely passed me by.
Well, and the room Phiphi decorated as a guest room - why does there have to be stuff EVERYWHERE on every single surface, so guests cannot put anything down that they brought that they might need? There's so much tit all over the place that you can't sit or move without fear of knocking something over and breaking it. Who told him he can/should decorate rooms, let alone tables? I always get the feeling that the best part of Phiphi ended up on his parents' sheets.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The man who looked Iike a priest turned out to be another American but he wasn't Julia's father as I had thought; I don't think he appeared in the vlog, although the rest of that family were all there. Is Kim's husband called Jost? There were quite a few people I didn't recognise. I thought Annalise looked lovely. Didn't understand why Kirsty and her partner were fencing! I had to turn the volume down as Fanny was so manic that she was shouting all through the vlog. No Ollie, David, or Kat this year!

Reactions: 20
The bit where he and Stephanie were talking outside and he put his hair behind his ear was extremely feminine.

Phi Phi you're no Harry Styles when it comes to wearing feminine clothing. You live in the middle of the countryside, not Berlin. And for god's sake, wearing a beanie all year round does not a personality make!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
69256291-0DBD-470E-9935-E25239E95CD9.jpeg

---
Have they all got a screw loose 😂
---
Have they all got a screw loose 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I will say that if I had to chop the head off a chicken I would never eat one again. Sorry not a hunter, and she showed it... Ugh.

Reactions: 21
Oh er someone on f/b has just posted this on Selmar’s page as he‘s put the selmargate vlog up again.
so sorry about this experience Selmar. You were there (but we did not meet) when I stayed at Lalande. We had a lovely weekend there but it didn't go down well with Natalia when she asked for honest feedback and we mentioned that although there was a tray of tea available when we arrived on the first day; it wasn't cleared away or replenished for the next days. There is such a big deal made of (normal) tea in the morning and the dirty cups from our arrival just sat there for our entire visit. The beds were not made and the room not cleaned. The shower didn't operate properly and you couldn't lean over to brush your teeth in the tiny shower room because the sink came to your knees and if you bent over you would hit the wall. The back window of our car had been prised open with a screwdriver and cracked in the car park. The breakfasts were chaotic and fairly random. There was even a bizarre scenario when we were asked on the morning of our departure if we would like to be waved off by Stephanie as if she was royalty... crikey.. We have spent weekends and holiday's with far more important and influential people and it would never occur to any of them to see the departure of anyone but as an obligation to say goodbye personally. It was beautiful and we did enjoy our stay but had a rather stiff response to our pretty valid comments (made purely because the cost was higher for bed and breakfast than their contemporaries and it's always good to know where things need to be improved) and told when we mentioned we would like to stay the following year that would be unlikely. I see that as bad management; and only mention because it sounds like the pot was calling the kettle black - as the saying goes. I can see that it would have been problematic if the chemistry wasn't right. You were there; we all know, when they needed you most. The place was absolutely on it's knees and they were isolated. We all saw and know what you did and it is absolutely unfair for anyone to behave towards a volunteer in that manner. I can see that the introduction would add to the frisson - and that is natural I am afraid in a house of communal living; but it is quite offensive that any manager should behave without due respect. If there was a problem that was for the owners to sort out in a civilised manner.

How long will this stay up?
WOW!!! Great catch @Madame de Pompanddoodoo!

First, what the actual duck does Nutty the Bully do? Well we all know that she bullies volunteers, but how friggin' hard is to host guests. It's your job.

Second, what part of Bed And Breakfast does Nutty not understand? The beds were not made
The breakfasts were chaotic and fairly random.

How on gods green earth can breakfasts for a weekend be random? Jeeze, I've stayed in a few five star hotels in France (thanks to work) and I was very happy with the French bread, ham and brie for breakfast!

Third, when we mentioned we would like to stay the following year that would be unlikely. Nutty turning away business.

Fourth, and what I loved the most, on the morning of our departure if we would like to be waved off by Stephanie
How many of those idiots who stay LieLie land actually say yes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Ugh oh....looks like Selmar is upset that he got no invite to la Lande. I mean, why even put that up again...today?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
WOW!!! Great catch @Madame de Pompanddoodoo!

First, what the actual duck does Nutty the Bully do? Well we all know that she bullies volunteers, but how friggin' hard is to host guests. It's your job.

Second, what part of Bed And Breakfast does Nutty not understand? The beds were not made
The breakfasts were chaotic and fairly random.

How on gods green earth can breakfasts for a weekend be random? Jeeze, I've stayed in a few five star hotels in France (thanks to work) and I was very happy with the French bread, ham and brie for breakfast!

Third, when we mentioned we would like to stay the following year that would be unlikely. Nutty turning away business.

Fourth, and what I loved the most, on the morning of our departure if we would like to be waved off by Stephanie
How many of those idiots who stay LieLie land actually say yes!
They were not wanted as repeat guests because they dared to give feedback . . . which they had been asked to do so in the first place.
And it wasn't the kind of feedback Nati/Stephanie wanted to hear.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.