The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure I see Supermarket cooked chicken, complete with stuffing - or is that just an NZ supermarket thing? (we get it on a Friday night instead of takeaways or whenever someone doesn't want to cook).
Ha!
I was thinking the same.
But from the take away chicken shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
who did that fugly „flowers with eggs“ arrangements on the lalande county fair tables? Way to tall and half of the tulips? have their heads hanging down.

Could have done small glasses or vases with some wildflowers, because the tables were already way to colorfully decorated with all these unique colored glasses, plates, tablecloths…
---
I told you it would be like a Pride parade !! 🌈

View attachment 2089238
Isnt the courtyard looking great? That dry beige gravel mixes perfectly with the different shades of beige and brown on the walls, and don’t forget about that lushes, energetic, and fresh green….. mold.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh Lord. A bunny on my head. Well, where was the "big announcement?" We actually watched this, yawn. No, Phillip can only dream of the announcement he would like. She is quite protective of her fortune and would have her prenups pretty in order before he could ever become Mr. Jarvis. The green moat bath was rather revolting, yes they do need a pool. Happy Easter my friends!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I quite like Patrick but Stuart is like one of those novelty dogs for cars. He just sits there nodding, nodding, nodding his head and saying "right, right."
I'm okay with them but Patrick can't get a word in edgewise as Stuart stammers about trying to find 10 words to say when 3 words would suffice. I realize German is his native language, but Stuart does like to hear himself speak.

Reactions: 10
I wonder the same thing, but apparently these patrons (if they are real) are planning to visit this year. Why????? It's a dump in the middle of bum-#uck nowhere.
Suellen McGillick
2h
I’ll be there in May and I would love to help with Dish Washing if needed.
Jessie Cherry
8h
So great to see Grant and his wife visiting! and Maria back and Nati and Amaury (always busy) Kirstie in the garden with her amazing dandelions. Also it was great to see Chateauroux and your beautiful drive, as my friend Cindy and I are coming in the 🍂❤🥂
Amazing dandelions?? WTF#

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Our chat about her lank hair has had some effect on her.
It's almost the first thing Stephanie talks about on the vlog.

Jared needs to rethink his new hair colour.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I am having a brief respite from kid-sitting. I'm threads behind, but to keep me (even more) amused, can everyone who shares their opinion and observations from now on, please finish their post with "And then you'll see just how powerful I am."

Thank you. ❤
🧵 Suggestion - "And then you'll see just how powerful I am."
🧵 Suggestion - Things will change for the better Snorty, once you leave!
---
It looks like the Lady of the Chateau's father to me!
Who's the chap on the right wearing the trucker's cap at the table?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I haven't watched yet, but will later this evening. Was the tablecloth they used that expensive quilting fabric that they were sent, and then Sara from Manor & Maker made the tablecloths?

From the pictures here, I didn't think the food looked as horrible as it usually does. I do, however, think it looked a little heavy for a spring affair. Turkey - did you know Philip is allergic to chicken?? - and stuffing, for Easter? To be honest, after Christmas and Thanksgiving, I don't want to see a turkey or any stuffing until the next year! I guess none of it looked all that special for an Easter shindig, it just looked like a lot of food. Maybe that's hard to do for 50 people, I don't know.

You know what? Gold gilt is not my thing....but if it were, I'd say this looks pretty damn good!
At the very least, the ceiling is connected properly to the walls! In other words, I could stand in there and be certain the whole shebang isn't going to tumble down on me and suck me into the cellar while I eat my turkey and stuffing at Easter!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Who is Pilar and who was the other guy in the moat w/ Formula 1, I was able to tag everyone else but those two?

• Wow
  • Heart
What the actual duck have I just watched.
Jared, Pavlina and Stuart trying to look ethereal by prancing through the woods trailing a length of material which was attached to a Blue Petered dragons head.
Smugmug demonstrating yet another skill that he hasn’t got how to paint a ceiling without leaving bare patches, at least it made me laugh.
Fanny doing duck all whilst those around her shop, cook, prepare rooms for the idiots that are staying overnight.
I’m still struggling to see how so much food (and I’ve no comment to make on it‘s quality as the cross contamination of uncooked chicken next to cold meet platters is still giving me the shudders) is produced in that kitchen with so little work space. Every conceivable work surface has crap piled up on it I just don’t see how so many platters of food can be prepared. There is hardly enough room to produce a meal for 4 never mind 50.
Where was Dana she lives close by?
Good points, no Viv and Simon from Chateau Love and no Ollie and Cammie.
And can someone tell me what was the big announcement it completely passed me by.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.