The Chateau Diaries #231 Liar land the land of Liars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think it was separate days made to look like one. (Timey Wimey). Fanny went to Chateauroux shopping and ate a sanddddwiccccch and coke. The next day Grant went shopping, Fanny made her Easter pie and Grant cooked dinner. Suspect Grant's family is jet-lagged and the kids needed an early dinner rather than Fanny's usual 10:00 p.m. affair.

The fire was on for dinner, but folks were still freezing.
I'll give fanny another 10 to 20 years and she'll be up to her ears in IBS. My mother is living proof. One of my mottos is "you are what you eat"
---
😂 she considers YouTube to be a proper job??????? What a joke.
Sadly, she is not alone! Doing a proper job with expected results would kill them. Pretentious and entitled the lot of them. Some are amusing but a proper job would finish them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
In an old building with thick walls you have to start heating 1, 2 or even three days bevor it really gets warm inside.
Also there's no insulation in that place, so that heat is just going straight out again. I bet they don't keep them stoked up either as it requires effort. If they did they might just begin to notice a difference.
---
😂 she considers YouTube to be a proper job??????? What a joke.
Doesn't it just make you want to kick her, lazy friggin old trout!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thank you @Lady Avonlea for your synopsis of the patreon offering. Your financial outlay is much appreciated. You are a trooper 🏅🏆

Why on earth did fanny go to Châteauroux, nearly an hour from lie land, to get bread. And, more importantly, at what hour did she get up? Is she suffering from insomnia? Is she avoiding bedtime activities with snorts? Was she confused? Or, was that the lunchtime queue at the boulangerie?

If this is the Easter timetable looks like Stuart will be there. Shame, thought she was moving on! And wtf is "finger"? Is that something to do with snorts???

Can't for the life of me imagine why Grant has gone back! And dragged his wife and kids along!! Are they planning to spend some time in their own French property (if they still have it?) and stopping at lie land for Easter is a courtesy call. Wifey has stayed before... did she enjoy the eyes wide shut parties and is hoping for an encore. Can't imagine Grant and snorts will hit it off. I can see Grant and armoire getting on. That's if armoire doesn't feel too threatened Napoleon Bonaparte syndrome).

So many questions...
---

@Le Baiseur I think you have just answered my question as to why she went to Châtearoux to shop and not more locally. Hopefully she has become the local laughing stock and leper.
Finger referred to finger food!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Fanny is planting her own questions. Chloe Hutton is a long time alias and can't believe that ReBecca Shotton is real either. (who spells ReBecca???)

ReBecca Shotton
8h
Just curious, Stephanie do you pay for all the food for the entire house?

Stephanie Jarvis
3h
Yes, I do, I think it’s only right, as everyone is there to help on the chateau in one way or another, and at Easter I love to host my friends. In the past, before I had a ‘proper job’ with YouTube, my friends would all contribute at Easter, they’ve always been so supportive, but I stopped that as soon as the vlogs started doing well. Nothing makes me happier than having everyone here ☺

Chloe Hutton
21min
I think running a Chambre d'hote is most definitely a "proper job"
---

Another garden visit in the next vlog - we all have that on our BINGO card!

Christine Wilkinson
9h
Was wondering how the pear trees and all the fruit trees planted in the kitchen garden last year are doing? Are they blooming yet?

Pauline Sugarman
7h
Me too!

Stephanie Jarvis
Yes, the pear trees are in bloom! I’ll try to film them in the next video
I thought the pear trees were only ornamental?!? Guess she doesn’t know that means they don’t produce fruit!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Hello all! Stepping out of the depths of lurker -dom to throw in my two pence worth assessment of all the weird and not so wonderful characters of Château - verse. These threads have kept me very entertained over the years so thank you all for your witty and insightful commentary!

Fanny - little girl lost, covert narc. Mummy and daddy issues galore, and really an Oscar winning worthy actress pretending she loves all the tat sent to her by her adoring viewers. Clearly doesn't care for the farm anymore, but she has to keep the coins rolling in.

PhiPhi - underestimated by many. Machiavelli is his middle name (probably). By 2030, he will have his name on the deed for the farmhouse. Clearly barely tolerates his gf through gritted teeth. I doubt he loves China and brocantes as much as he pretends to.

Nutty and Cus - she is so blah there isn't anything to say. He is a wet blanket. The end.

Dan - living in Cuckoo land. OR top level schemer. It depends on if he really thinks he is going to restore that crumbling heap. Weird sexual tension with Fanny - yuck. She'd never go there because his class is too low.

Selmar - born in the wrong century. Would be happy being a peasant working the fields of Fanny. Terrible dental hygiene. Just a weirdo really.

Marie flower lady. Two words - grow up.

Scotsman - clearly Fanny's half brother. Very odd to make his nationality his entire personality (at least on camera) when he hasn't lived in the country for years? If you love Scotland so much - go back there.

Stay tuned for part Deux!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Uh huh. Still hearing snorts voice in these replies! Still no heating! Not till May!! Hot water though. What about the showers? Are they working? Yet.
Is there any running water to the sink in the Blue Lagoon powder room?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Whew....for a brief second there, I wasn't sure where you were going with that statement........
Me either! I mean, honestly…I don’t think Fanny has any trouble fingering with these claws…😆

IMG_4650.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Today I had my weekly morning intensive yoga class and then I usually take my time to get ready to face another week. I was looking for something mindless but not mind numbing, I caved and watched the duo in San Pere de Ribes as I live on the same coastline just further south. I did not hate it. Must have been the yoga cleanse beforehand. Ollie even goes in a little visit to Malaga for work and shares some of his visit. Two people who don't know what they are doing trying to work on a money pit. They need to distance themselves from SJ &!her Shitoo but for what ever reason Ollie can't NOT do her. He thrives with SJ in his orbit. My hubs would be shot off to the moon, never to return. Thankfully I dont have this problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Do you think she has put them in the unsafe bedrooms that she housed the Fleuries last year.
That is the room for people with kids. How the Smuglies remained friendly with her after she risked those children’s lives I’ll never know. My parents would’ve had their lawyers bury the entire Jarvis Crime Family.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In his childhood Snorty's family must have indulged him to no end. I'm sure he never heard the word NO and definitely never heard the following words at the dinner table:
  • "you'll eat what's put in front of you or you'll go to bed hungry"
  • "there's no dessert until you eat what's on your plate"
  • "fine, go to bed hungry then"
  • "whatever is left on your plate, you'll have for breakfast"
  • "I'm not a short-order cook. You'll eat what everyone else is having"
In today's vlog Snorty claimed he's allergic to chicken. (that's the first I'd heard) Is there a tattler who is kindly keeping Snorty's List of Allergies (aka - foods he doesn't like)? If not, may I suggest we start a list and post it on Wiki.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Since SJ (and/or Snorts) replied on Patreon, maybe someone could ask where everyone is staying since the building is compromised.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The American version of LaLande. Take an ordinary, boring, nondescript building…throw on a turret…and call it a castle! You, too, can be a princess!

I wonder if the walls inside this turret are also painted red? 🤔

IMG_5016.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Waddup, Yentas! My people are observing Pesach (Passover) starting today. I will be on before sundown but will be taking a break from Tattle for a few days. When I emerge from Pesach, it'll be a pain to have to read through an entire thread or two. :ROFLMAO:
To those of you who observe Holy Week and Easter, I wish you all a meaningful time!

The weather's a little gloomy over my parents' country house today.:(
View attachment 2080026
I want to sit on the terrace and look out across the landscape...it looks so peaceful and beautifully maintained.... I could spend many Zen moments there. 🙏 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 15
MaryEllen Meekins
8h
This was such a happy day!!!! I enjoyed seeing the grocery store, so neat to see how things are over there! I was amazed at how beautiful the area is around you! I had to remind myself that this was your real life and not a TV show! 🤣 Seeing the everyday life in a different country is one reason I enjoy your videos. So excited to see Grant and Maria back! And see your new dishwashers have arrived! Yeah! Love seeing the behind the scenes messy bits. Just remember a mess means there is either creativity and/or progress going on. Oh, almost forgot, why is navy tights, black shoes, and a cream top a bad combination? I genuinely want to know so I can learn and improve my fashion sense. Also, how did you film and drive at the same time! 😱 I hope you were using a phone holder attached to your rear view mirror! Sending hugs! Until tomorrow
MaryEllen Mekins~
In a nutshell why this charlatan is still raking in the big bucks every month.

It is truly sad to see there are people still living vicariously through SJ. It's insidious that she capitalizes on it.

Voila another syncho waxing lyrical about how SJ is her god send. Does SJ tell Mary Ellen seen one grocery store seen them all?? Nope, she keeps her sucked in and believing this is her real magical life and everyone needs her.

Mary Ellen is excited about someone else's new dishwasher? Is her life that empty? Good God!

She getting fashion tips from granny fanny four flues?

FFS I'd rather watch the water droplets dry on my shower door.

LIVE your lives people. You get ONE shot at it!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I thought the pear trees were only ornamental?!? Guess she doesn’t know that means they don’t produce fruit!🤣
They are certainly Ornamental Pears. Dan said they grow to 3-4 metres (they grow to ~10) and planted them with plastic/wire around roots they were delivered with. Any wonder they’ve likely died 🙄 they do produce fruit (although mine never have) but inedible. Possums seem to like them though!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.