Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

billybudd

VIP Member
If one knits with wool and other natural fibers, it can be quite a bit of money. But, natural fibers give you a much better finished product than an acrylic yarn. But, we buy according to our budget. (I do use acrylic blends for blankets because I want to wash them in the machine instead of hand wash.

During lockdowns, my mother and I made what are called ear savers, which are a crocheted strap with two buttons on it (one at each end) to go behind your head to hold the straps of your mask to save the wear and tear on your ears. We made hundreds of them and donated them to the local hospitals for the nurses and doctors. After all this time, they no longer use them, so we have several dozen of them in storage, and we'll get them out again if the need arises. until then, they're taking up space in the yarn closet.

I just went down a rabbit hole on Kate Davies website - beautiful stuff! I have a couple of her patterns saved on a fiber website for future projects! Her use of color is astounding! Thanks for the link!
She's wonderful, really works on fit. Her fellow bluestocking knitter, and colorwork genius, is Felicity Ford.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

vitanova

VIP Member
He still hasn't posted that godawful dried turkey and potato/carrot babyfood slop he made..

I can't imagine sex with him would be exhausting... other than the sheer boredom of it.

Phillis doesn't have the muscle to swing her anyways... I hear he swings that poor hedgehog around though, made it go blind apparently!
who said it was dutch boy?

• Haha

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
The one thing that stands out (to me) on Fanny's tours of other peoples chateau's, it that hers is a disaster, can't believe she's not mortified when she sees what others have done to respect these properties... hers is a debacle.
I didn't think much to this weeks to be honest-Fanny's decor may not be to everyone's taste but at least there is some style (I like the entrance hall) Amy and Mr Bean's just looks horrific.

• Wow

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Blimey, I look away for a few days and come back to find tea was spilt all over the middle of this thread!!

Looks like I may never get to be called ‘shady bitch’ by Robert the @Trengilly, I’m assuming he’s been put on the naughty step because he’s gone very quiet 🤐

Happy thanksgiving day to all of those celebrating and counting their blessings x
Sleeping it off ;)

• Haha

JackSpratt

VIP Member
I think they have had help but still only have one working bathroom.
maybe they don’t want locals to know their business?
also Amy is not from money and possibly finds it difficult to manage staff.
sh

as for wood burner size.
F4F has once again chosen things by their colour not use. So she has heaters suitable for her playmobile friends
Why am I not surprised, you could see they're not big enough. Ours in a 16kw output, plus we've put one of those little fans on top so it circulates the heat a bit better. Actually still haven't lit ours yet but it's currently 8 degrees C here, pissing down and blowing a gale so tonight may be the night. Not bad though as it's usually lit in October.

Oh dear, made me feel better :LOL:

• Heart

LadyRed

VIP Member
I just watched the beginning of the vlog when she was waving her arms about telling the minions about planning her mothers wedding. She says as clear as any that she has never organised a wedding before.
Did she not have a say in her worn wedding or was THAT A LIE.
Is she deluded, has memory problems, thinks the viewers are stupid , a liar or all 4
I don't think she had a wedding. She got married, but I remember there being mention of no formal wedding?

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Fanny is a mega grifter for sure but she does bang out her crappy content sans any renovations- whereas the Smug's do so little in terms of flogs and virtually no Patreon stuff. I love their renovations but blimey they are so slow and eek it out, so you have someone taking bucket loads of money to churn out futile flogs and no renovations and on the other side bucket loads of money for very slow renovations and scant flog content just one a week-combine the two and you may actually get some renovations done and content for flogs too.

• Haha

Freesia54

VIP Member
Apologies in advance as I am not up to date with all comments here at the mo.
But, just have to ask for my sanity's sake, who was the French guy featured in Sunday's vlog? Nathan's side-kick or the HMN's new handyman?
Is he Angel who many have previously referred to, or is Angel, someone else?
Whatever, the guy seemed to know what he was talking about with regard to chimney sweeping - as I am sure that that potato trick will work perfectly.
AND, am I correct in noticing that Nathan actually speaks French?? :unsure:
I do recollect that whatever Nathan does in France in connection with anything plumbing/heating-wise has to be finally signed off by a fully qualified French professional in that field. Have I got that correct @JackSpratt? ❤
Nathan speaks better French than he does English, either his accent or his pronounciation was strange, I kept missing parts of what he was saying.

Madame No

VIP Member
Michael would have never let this happen- from the face to the hair to the dress...just saying Stephanie...
There was one of the vlogs, can't remember if it was from Michael or Fanny, where they were wearing vintage classic tweed outfits at Begmania. They both looked great! I'm going to wish upon a star tonight that Phyllis disappears in a poof and Michael gets his shit together so he can help poor little Fanny look her best, just leave out the false eyelashes please.

• Haha

Fennelbug

VIP Member
It was good to see the Rosies and their messy chateau on SJ's travel vlog. Seriously, how hard is it to tidy up a bit?
I saw them this past summer at the National Gallery in London.
They were approached by a fan, an Asian gentleman, who recognized them and politely asked to take selfies with them!
The couple seemed very down to earth and agreed. After a quick chat with that fan, they hung around, and I found myself in paparazzi mode!

View attachment 1748975

Meanwhile, the Fleuries. Anna and Philip have become grifting monsters---no thanks to SJ!
I hope Lord Philip Fleurie has given up his dream of buying a yacht!
Flaunting a $156,000 Tesla X and wanting a yacht aren't very good optics for someone who begs strangers online to help him renovate his chateau!
If he wants to go on a yacht once in a while, he should just charter! Chartering a yacht is less stressful and a lot less costly than owning one.

View attachment 1749023
Not that I care either way, but is it possible they rented the Tesla because it was cheaper than driving their own car? Gas prices are really nuts. Anyhow, they actually WORK and COMPLETE projects, sooo........

Trengilly

VIP Member
To make it clear, Tattle isn’t the reason for Frank and Ivo’s issues. And @Clara Burnett isn’t the reason for their issues.
Their mistake was telling their recollection of the truth to people who couldn’t keep quiet and have repeated another person’s story. Tattle has certainly exacerbated their issues - let’s not absolve ourselves from having a role to play in speculation and accusations.

• Heart
Reactions: 9