Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

billybudd

VIP Member
Offtopic, to keep the thread working well for everyone that reads it we need to keep it somewhat ontopic
During my days as a journalist I was hauled before several judges over the identity of sources. I spent many a night sleeping on steel prison beds or concrete jail floors. I never gave one up and I never had to manipulate my language to protect them. Times have changes and it seems the legal system has been purposely skewed to make it easier to force public reveals with the express purpose of discouraging a free and fair press. Without the Fourth Estate one of the cornerstones of democracy is lost. Looks like Tattle is becoming even more of a societal microcosm than it had been.😟
People don't understand this and don't value it.
And, it is the number one object of fascism to undermine standards of truth -- to undermine the rule of law. If we can't agree on what the truth is, no evidence and no justice can exist. Anybody who is actually grokking this forum will have observed the rule of law in action here -- with increasing benevolence and justice for all.
Jason Stanley is a Yale philo prof who is the leading expert on fascist rhetoric. He says the number one project of fascism is destroying belief in community standards of truth, ergo evidence, ergo justice. No justice means demagogues become king.
That's the reason to take this episode seriously, to call it what it is, and to emphasize the benevolence of the rule of law we have established here on this forum.
Pay attention.
This actually is a microcosm of the real world, as you sadly note.
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 6.25.31 PM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6

MadameChat

VIP Member
Patreon Flog.

She has just made out her and Phi Phi are editing at 1am in the morning and two volunteers still cooking until 1.15am and she just has a Scotch. Phi Phi serving her a Scotch and saying how mellow it is he is such a sycophantic turd.

Then morning of Thanksgiving or day before volunteer still cooking. Fanny is intermittent fasting so can't eat till four but busy working so won't need to eat.

Annalise arrives to do her hair. Maria is doing Patreon Christmas cards and Angel is cleaning candles and getting warm in dining room. Fanny wants to go darker blonde for winter. Phi Phi has lit a fire in his study so Annalise and Fanny goes up as Phi Phi has gone to get pizza. Phi Phi office is what was ear marked for Michael Petherick. Fanny says tomorrow is shiny knob day she is pissed and saying she is going to be polishing knobs.

Phi Phi wants Fanny to go ginger. Annalise has stayed so late so is staying the night.

Maria is leaving. But coming back for summer. Kirsty is growing yellow courgettes for summer and acting all simpering and girly which doesn't suit her. Then long discussion about Phi Phi's allergies.

Kirsty is splitting oregano bushes (are you still awake). Kirsty is going to build a substantial herb bed outside kitchen door but Fanny needs to consult Davy which means that is a no.

Phi Phi comes into the gardena and weaves blackberries through the arches that's his work for the day. Back to his office or as we all know his bedroom.

Oh Lord I am bloody losing the will- a fucking chat and name check with all the DAHHHHHHHLING chickens.

Fanny and Phi Phi at super market and had to buy jump leads which also needed charging. It was the Mercedes that needed jump starting so bloody ages ago and Gerald is there they have been away. Timelines are really fucked as is the content we are back in October.

Amaury and Phi Phi have been doing lots of re jigging of paintings he is so talented. He's hung a painting inside the Roger bed- he is being so vile.

Then her an Antoine and Fanny playing with Scooby Doo in Egypt it is more than I can stand Fanny playing the biggest child

Seriously this is insulting and nauseating and no mention of any renovations or the accounts. Seriously filming her doing a Scooby Doo voice how low can you go you ridiculous woman

She has moved a sofa to where the sideboard was in the dining room all will be revealed in tomorrow FLOG. How will any of us sleep-it is a bigger cliff hanger than the end scene in Battle of the Bastards
Why is she fasting did she say ???

Summerbaby

VIP Member
If he's fully registered in France with a siret number as a plumbing/heating engineer he's fine, doesn't need his work to be signed off. However, depending on what type of heating system she goes for in the end and his qualifications for that, may result in it having to be inspected and signed off. For example Mr Spratt installs the big gas (LPG) tanks but although he's trained to do it he's not a member of the French equivalent of what used to be CORGI in the UK, so he has to get someone in to sign off his work to state it's safe and meets the French regulations. It's not worth him paying out all the yearly fees to join as he doesn't install enough to warrant it. If that makes sense. It may be a case that heating, gas installations is all Nathan does, in which case I'd guess he'd be a member of the organisation. Who knows, she's never really expanded on what Nathanis company does, is it just heating or plumbing aswell.
Thanks for the industry savvy feedback. ❤
Well, as you say, who really knows?
Whatever, if SJ is vlogging this to the entire world, I sincerely hope that she has all her ducks in a row., as the saying goes!

Unfortunately, I am still perplexed as to who Angel is? :unsure:

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
Of all the scenes in any movie, that is the one scene that scares the hell out of me.

"IS IT SAFE?"

I have goosebumps.

I lied, there's another that makes me just as scared - from The Shining - "RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM" with that little boy writing it on the door.

Now I have chills. Both are so scary to me.
My two scariest:

Cape Fear, the 1962 original with Robert Mitchum.
The bit where Robert Mitchum's character is calling out in the fog . . . chilllldren, chilllldren.
To me, his character and the menace in his voice is chilling

Pulp Fiction
I loved the movie but the scene where the g.i.m.p is allowed out of his box sickened me.
It still sickens me just thinking about it.

I spent a lot of The Shining with a cushion in front of my face. :LOL:

Edit; gif not gif

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
It's the little things that really give you the pip!

According to Google an exposition is a large public exhibition.
I agree, it's an exhibition.
More big noting.
These nouveau chateau owners just can not help themselves.
It’s a display, but obviously not being a French word does not have any cache 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Kickintheass

VIP Member
I have a question for you and other Irish (or any of us!)… my best friend while growing up and beyond was from Belfast and most her paternal/maternal family. Friend’s fam immigrated to Canada. When we were older her mum often instructed us to tell anyone that messed with us to “go fackle your nackle”.
My dad is also Irish, Coalisland, Tyrone and sadly, I never thought to ask him about this expression. My mother hasn’t a clue, she’s Ukrainian from Lviv oblast.
Did my lovely/crazy 2nd mom invent this expression or is it real?!?!

I’ve posted a pic of this a few times (just a couple pages ago this time)… I wonder what her new wife thinks of this photo.
I wonder if it’s still there.
I've never heard that expression, however someone else from Northern Ireland (I'm in Dublin) may be able to confirm.

• Heart
Reactions: 4