Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fennelbug

VIP Member
She will probably put out a basket attached to a rope just like she did in the early Covid days when she was in quarantine. Instead of chocolate anyone passing will have to put a log into the basket so she can haul them up one at a time.
Who are we kidding? She won’t be there until April. She does not and never will do anything but decorate that dump and fill it with more thrift store crap. She is probably praying for a total burn down at this point. The odd thing is, the other owners also cannot be bothered. Oh well, just set a match to it already!

Reactions: 10

C'est moi

VIP Member
She will probably put out a basket attached to a rope just like she did in the early Covid days when she was in quarantine. Instead of chocolate anyone passing will have to put a log into the basket so she can haul them up one at a time.
Our dear @Le Baiseur made an excellent study of f4f's laying another log on the fire. Unfortunately I can't find it now, I had hoped it had made it to Wiki. Maybe you would oblige @Le Baiseur 😘

• Haha

vitanova

VIP Member
The guy is talented in setting up a decor. Even olde shoppe looked rustic and nice.

On a side note: i absolutely hate the burlap sacks hanging from the ceiling. 1 it's ugly, 2 it's far too big.

They have received so many stockings on gift grab, they could easily use that instead of these sacks.
i don't think they know where all grabeau gifts are, including stockings.

• Haha

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Is it possible that Squirrel being Dutch would be able to cause problems for the ex guardians. I don’t know how the class circle works there….
squirrel being very much pond life of course,

• Haha
  • Heart

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
Thanks for the industry savvy feedback. ❤
Well, as you say, who really knows?
Whatever, if SJ is vlogging this to the entire world, I sincerely hope that she has all her ducks in a row., as the saying goes!

Unfortunately, I am still perplexed as to who Angel is? :unsure:
I think Angel is the new volunteer who is related to the original family who owned the Shito-but can't be sure? Maybe you know an answer to a question I have posed a couple of times but still don't know-are the Fleurie's aka Mr and Mrs Smug still featured on Chateau DIY on Channel 4?

Ginginger

Chatty Member
A word suggestion cithog (kith Og) means 'left handed' in Irish. (Sometimes used if person clumsy). Should be a fada (accent) on the o but tablet keyboard not complying.
I have a question for you and other Irish (or any of us!)… my best friend while growing up and beyond was from Belfast and most her paternal/maternal family. Friend’s fam immigrated to Canada. When we were older her mum often instructed us to tell anyone that messed with us to “go fackle your nackle”.
My dad is also Irish, Coalisland, Tyrone and sadly, I never thought to ask him about this expression. My mother hasn’t a clue, she’s Ukrainian from Lviv oblast.
Did my lovely/crazy 2nd mom invent this expression or is it real?!?!

She keeps a photo of herself in her wedding dress in one of her wardrobes. We caught a glimpse of it once. I bet the groom thanks his lucky stars every day for managing to escape from her!
I’ve posted a pic of this a few times (just a couple pages ago this time)… I wonder what her new wife thinks of this photo.
I wonder if it’s still there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I meant Miss Loretta’s praline shop not Patti LaBelle. I thought perhaps you were familiar with her shop. I mentioned Miss LaBelle because of the discussion of her sweet potato pie.
Oh yes, everyone down here knew of Miss Loretta. And her pralines. I liked hers because they weren’t too sweet. Sadly Miss Loretta died last spring. She was a lovely lady and a community leader that will be badly missed.

• Heart
  • Sad

Madame No

VIP Member
The ridiculous outfit Fanny wore when visiting the Turnip Eaters could easily be replaced by shopping at one of my favorite English country outfitters, Cordings. Phyllis could also get himself fitted out as country gentleman or lady, high leather boots and all. I like Amy. She reminds me of a very down to earth and capable woman. I loved seeing her drive around the estate. Isn't she trained as a nurse or something? BTW whatever happened to that extremely good looking couple who also were redoing a chateau, the woman was a doctor and very beautiful.

Attachments

Fennelbug

VIP Member
Not sure how they do it in France but in the US you can just put a "chimney liner" up the flu it's like a stainless steel heat resistant tube that is just supported inside the chimney wall. that would be the safest thing to do
I seem to remember Dick Strawbridge did that at her place- they were in the attic sorting it out