The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TheTaxInspector: I never noticed before, but you were right! Mispronouncing Montrachet, arguably the most famous Chardonnay in the world...
But even if you don’t know wine, just think of Montmartre or Mont Saint Michel (silent T).
It’s not that it matters per se but with a French mother and after living in France for 16 years?

Reactions: 11
I had to skim through to find that as I don't watch the gift grab. That pink and blue patterned dress though! Fair play Steff, that piece of acting truly deserves a commendation! I wonder whose Granny is looking for that little number?
That dress was disgusting. As was the Book of Tat full of dried flowers, bits of lace and bus tickets. The people that send this rubbish are insane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
That dress was disgusting. As was the Book of Tat full of dried flowers, bits of lace and bus tickets. The people that send this rubbish are insane.
The scrap book sender was waiting for hours tonight for the premier to see her gift.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@TheTaxInspector: I never noticed before, but you were right! Mispronouncing Montrachet, arguably the most famous Chardonnay in the world...
But even if you don’t know wine, just think of Montmartre or Mont Saint Michel (silent T).
It’s not that it matters per se but with a French mother and after living in France for 16 years?
Her pronunciation of some English words is very odd too. In the previous gift grab, there were some chair arm protectors which she at first thought were antimacassars (which used to go on the back of chairs to protect them from hair oil) and she pronounced it as "anti mocker sirs"(!) with the stress also misplaced. She does sometimes come across as being quite ignorant despite her Oxford degree (if she actually got one).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
oh I’m sure she told them it’s all good craic

(ok I had to google that it looked wrong when I typed Craic) and maybe it doesn’t work in that sentence
how to use Craic

savage craic -
you took the piss big time

mighty craic
You missed a big night / moment

there good craic alright,,,,,
NOPE - manners prevents me from telling you that they .... are absolute tossers

Craic ...!!!!!
Disbelieve ... that you don’t understand how to insert craic into your conversation

best NOT to use the said word as an adjective to explain an Irish ☘ person

you will have the savage proverbial taken out of you
And the Irish will describe it as

savage craic ... mighty
🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🛌🛌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Marie in horror! :ROFLMAO:
What are these "generous" gift-givers" thinking?
They are helping clutter an already severely cluttered shat-ohh? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 450914
Who sends a stranger a see-through negligee?! What was that person thinking? Was the person browsing in a store or online, spots it and thinks, “ you know who would be perfect for this...that shy florist I watch on the YouTube’s!“. Granted, it’s pretty and could be worn with a tank top under it, but still, it’s a pretty weird gift from a stranger to a stranger.

Today‘s CATC was a true lesson in lying through your teeth. 90% of the gifts were WTF. The dress is the exact style my grandmother wore in the 70’s for bridge club, complete with the belt, the piece de resistance added by Fanny herself . Fabric from someone’s shed that had mice or squirrels running around it, Yuck! More books that no one will read. An antique inkwell for lifesaver mints. The handmade book I could take or leave, someone put a lot of work into it, not my thing, might be someone else’s. More labels for the garden, someone sent used popsicle sticks with writing on it, (thanks for the COVID). Another apron, more headbands, a bag for Nati for when she gets the hell out. Marie gets some hand cream and a nylon or plastic bag. These packages were received in September, I see why they waited so long to open them. Jeez, just end the CATC! The fake, “I love it!” is painfully obvious and run its course, pack it in and call it a day with the gift opening or continue receiving used popsicle sticks, shed fabric, and my grandmother’s wardrobe. I kind of enjoyed it for awhile, now I only watch to see what crazy crap people send and SMH. Most of it looks like stuff you’d find at an old person‘s garage sale.

But my favorite part was when she was reading a letter and said ”acka“ instead of a.k.a (also known as). I almost spit out my drink.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, just as I remember Isabelle, the absurd matriarch, haughtily affirming in her high, flutey tones in front of Stephanie and other mixed company that she NEVER gave her daughter birthday presents ON PRINCIPLE. After all, she had given her the gift of LIFE!

So is there any surprise in learning that when it comes to cadeaux, Miss Chatelaine just can't get enough?
Yes I remeber that episode.... what kind of weirdness is that? Not buying a birthday gift for her child?!? I am sure IJ would expect a gift and not only from her daughter!!! Such a nasty woman:mad:

Reactions: 12
Her pronunciation of some English words is very odd too. In the previous gift grab, there were some chair arm protectors which she at first thought were antimacassars (which used to go on the back of chairs to protect them from hair oil) and she pronounced it as "anti mocker sirs"(!) with the stress also misplaced. She does sometimes come across as being quite ignorant despite her Oxford degree (if she actually got one).
Oh, I didn’t know what these fabric pieces were called and just looked up the origin of the name. Turns out Macassar was a brand name for hair oil/wax. Very interesting, thanks!

Reactions: 5
Who sends a stranger a see-through negligee?! What was that person thinking? Was the person browsing in a store or online, spots it and thinks, “ you know who would be perfect for this...that shy florist I watch on the YouTube’s!“. Granted, it’s pretty and could be worn with a tank top under it, but still, it’s a pretty weird gift from a stranger to a stranger.

Today‘s CATC was a true lesson in lying through your teeth. 90% of the gifts were WTF. The dress is the exact style my grandmother wore in the 70’s for bridge club, complete with the belt, the piece de resistance added by Fanny herself . Fabric from someone’s shed that had mice or squirrels running around it, Yuck! More books that no one will read. An antique inkwell for lifesaver mints. The handmade book I could take or leave, someone put a lot of work into it, not my thing, might be someone else’s. More labels for the garden, someone sent used popsicle sticks with writing on it, (thanks for the COVID). Another apron, more headbands, a bag for Nati for when she gets the hell out. Marie gets some hand cream and a nylon or plastic bag. These packages were received in September, I see why they waited so long to open them. Jeez, just end the CATC! The fake, “I love it!” is painfully obvious and run its course, pack it in and call it a day with the gift opening or continue receiving used popsicle sticks, shed fabric, and my grandmother’s wardrobe. I kind of enjoyed it for awhile, now I only watch to see what crazy crap people send and SMH. Most of it looks like stuff you’d find at an old person‘s garage sale.

But my favorite part was when she was reading a letter and said ”acka“ instead of a.k.a (also known as). I almost spit out my drink.
I'm just about to watch it...I'm glad I read the comments here first!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Cringe moment on CATC
Marie: (out loud) it's very see-through! (thought to self: why me?)

Nati: That's just what you like!

Selmar (Laughs out loud) (thought to self: poor girl!)

Philip (to self: Ohhh....I'll ask her later if I can have it if she doesn't want it)

neg.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m going to bed now but just watched using fast forward some of tonight’s gift grab. I cannot bear it. It’s disgusting. Her fake effusiveness over a tin of tea that some poor sod sent five months ago. The ink well and Snort A Lot gushing excitedly “or it could go into the Petit Salon” what the actual f*#k is WRONG with him. He’s not right in the head. She wanted to claw Nati’s rolling eyes out of her head to get that red bag off her... the “Oh Look... A Dolphin” - it’s seriously like a show and tell that a group of seven year olds would do. Didn’t get as far as the gammy dress, the slip, the scrap book... there’s only so much one can take... oh oh I listened to a bit of someone gushing about how much they missed seeing the Adult Child and her doting Mummy doing things together cooking and setting tables and a litany of things that I’ve never seen SSB and Aunt Lydia (my new name for Mummy) doing together. And SSB reading it out like it actually happens. I had to cut her off. Couldn’t listen to that tripe. What a bizzare dysfunctional twilight zone alternative universe they all inhabit in that HMN...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m going to bed now but just watched using fast forward some of tonight’s gift grab. I cannot bear it. It’s disgusting. Her fake effusiveness over a tin of tea that some poor sod sent five months ago. The ink well and Snort A Lot gushing excitedly “or it could go into the Petit Salon” what the actual f*#k is WRONG with him. He’s not right in the head. She wanted to claw Nati’s rolling eyes out of her head to get that red bag off her... the “Oh Look... A Dolphin” - it’s seriously like a show and tell that a group of seven year olds would do. Didn’t get as far as the gammy dress, the slip, the scrap book... there’s only so much one can take... oh oh I listened to a bit of someone gushing about how much they missed seeing the Adult Child and her doting Mummy doing things together cooking and setting tables and a litany of things that I’ve never seen SSB and Aunt Lydia (my new name for Mummy) doing together. And SSB reading it out like it actually happens. I had to cut her off. Couldn’t listen to that tripe. What a bizzare dysfunctional twilight zone alternative universe they all inhabit in that HMN...
You're sitting on the fence on this one then. Come on say what you really think. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I will watch tomorrow and whizz through too. I'm on my diet so it'll put me off my food for a bit. :sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 14

A pevert who knows Marie doesn't wear a bra.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I think it's Natalia.

By the way what happened to "Sundays at the chateau" ? Seems she has stopped it. Does anybody know something (patrons) ?
Today's vlog explained that Sundays at the Chateau may only be once per month as they require a lot more research and take much longer to edit! Also in today's vlog there was a cringe moment when Marie received a gift of a black lace trimmed see through negligee. You could tell she was quite embarassed to open and display this and field the suggestions that she try it on ! Who sends a total stranger a negligee for heaven's sake ? No class. A sub on the live chat made a "sex related" comment. So much for moderators

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
a beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress I bought for an amazing wedding I was attending.
Um helllloooo! What size and how much do you want for it? My daughter is a huge Vivienne Westwood fan and collects used and vintage items. They are the only things she doesn't end up selling when she's unloading items for cash (sometimes in desperation during a pandemic :ROFLMAO: )

• Heart
Reactions: 4

So glad this anonymous. I found out today that at least one elderly lady is going around wrapping up things from around the house to mail to her friend Stephanie. At outrageous shipping prices. Sent a file of ss and the address to her son. He thinks he needs to stage an intervention. He's talking with the family therapist. Sad to say quarantine is not helping some elders mental health especially ones already showing signs of dementia. This is the problem she's taking gifts and funds from very vulnerable people who are some how convinced she is their friend.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
So glad this anonymous. I found out today that at least one elderly lady is going around wrapping up things from around the house to mail to her friend Stephanie. At outrageous shipping prices. Sent a file of ss and the address to her son. He thinks he needs to stage an intervention. He's talking with the family therapist. Sad to say quarantine is not helping some elders mental health especially ones already showing signs of dementia. This is the problem she's taking gifts and funds from very vulnerable people who are some how convinced she is their friend.
Can’t say I’m surprised.
In five months times, we'll have to look out for a gift from a cold state in America 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.