The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Thank you @Marquis de Potpourri for the new title!
Thanks to @ploppityplop2 for the new intro!
Thanks to @MojoDublin and @Rory for Glossaries.

For discussions of Doing It Ourselves and The Pethericks:
(3) The Pethericks #1 Free Gwendoline | Tattle Life

Glossary

CD - The Chateau Diaries
Tarts boudoir - Chateau de Lalande
HMN - heap in the middle of nowhere
Flat 34B - bolt hole 🕳 SJ 🇬🇧

LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie (b.1975)
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony, SJ
QBC- Queen of bed chambers - SJ
MB - Madame Boneyparts -SJ
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Fanny - Stephanie Jarvis

MMAF - Mad Man's Arse Face, i.e. mummy
Mini Apron - Isabelle Jarvis (nee Biggio, b.1942) married 1962/3 to Derek Jarvis, widowed 2009, married to Percy Atfield year???

Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze Ruth Kelly (b.1981)

Nitti/Nutty - Nati Oliveto

Floral Roadkill (FRK / RK) - Marie Wiik (b.1991)

BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip Janssen
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
Renfield - Philip

MP/MP2/MPK - Michael Petherick (b.1986)
MOLD: Man Of LOST Design - Michael Petherick
Crybaby - Michael Petherick
Sir Trotter BDSM - Michael Petherick
Teabag Trotter - Michael Petherick
Master - Swedish director of 🎥 Elias Truedsson
BS - Billy Spielberg - Billy Petherick (b.1990)
Trotter, Petherdick - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sherrie Petherick
Pa Trotter - Mr Petherick Esq
PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with - Pa 'Mick' Trotter

Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Jumpsuit Jill - rabid serial deletor of unfan comments on premier 💴 chat - Jill Scott, New Zealand

Donegals - Limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info

Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters

Thanks to @Rory for the SSB Main Squeeze Glossary:

1. Gregory Mason Clark - Husband and boyfriend, on and off at uni. SJ approx 18
2. Nic Larkin - apparently just friends at uni (but also dated according to CB?)
3. Married Husband 22-24??? (wedding registered in July 1999, she was 23 at the time)
4. Michael Potts met through Oliver Strong on and off 10 years. Open relationship in the end. Buys Chateau 2005 during relationship age 29.
5. Edmond Fokker van Craayenstein (player in tight trousers who pretends to be an aristocrat-BF with guy who said "let the 80 years-olds die off")
6. Mason Dwinell on and off (last we heard he is still staring at the sun?)
7. Ludwig Norweigner (otherwise known as Nordic Weirdo, alcoholic friend unceremoniously dumped at the train station without a ticket)
8. James Jardine (turned out to be "too much" for the girl who never has enough)
9. Daniel Hengeveld (nicknamed Druggy Daniel, because of his not so secret habits. IJ was furious about that romance and the fact that he introduced narcotics into the shat-o. Christmas 2016)
10. Various volunteers ad nauseum (bread oven guy Walton, Christian We etc.)
11. BJJ (any port in a storm, eh Stephanie?)

3205F6C2-901D-4BB7-BC1B-4831F5F45ACB.jpeg

Artwork @Linus

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks for the new thread.

I've watched Lalande's latest video.

It was so...boring ! ( Well I'm not interested in gardening so 20 minutes of seeds and pots was a bit too much for my taste 😜).

I can't believe that Stephanie doesn't know how to say compost in french after 16 years living in France with a big garden ! It was written on the bag anyway (terreau) but I'm not sure she noticed it ! And who goes to a nursery for bags of compost without taking a trolley at the entrance of the shop ??

The rest of the video was really dull and badly filmed/edited. It looked like a patchwork of their daily life snippets quickly filmed while flouncing from rooms to rooms.

Frankly, if I had watched this video at the beginning of CD channel, I would have never followed her vlogs !

• Haha
Reactions: 27
@lolander many thanks for the set up and new thread ....:m:m:m

@Viva La Loca excelled yourself lol

1613737148391.png
👏👏

5 - living at the HMN
5 - travelled from Holland
4 - travelled from Belgium
1 - travelled from London
3 - travelled within locality
? - travelled to party but kept off camera👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 29

It was so...boring ! ( Well I'm not interested in gardening so 20 minutes of seeds and pots was a bit too much for my taste 😜).

I can't believe that Stephanie doesn't know how to say compost in french after 16 years living in France with a big garden ! It was written on the bag anyway (terreau) but I'm not sure she noticed it ! And who goes to a nursery for bags of compost without taking a trolley at the entrance of the shop ??

The rest of the video was really dull and badly filmed/edited. It looked like a patchwork of their daily life snippets quickly filmed while flouncing from rooms to rooms.

Frankly, if I had watched this video at the beginning of CD channel, I would have never followed her vlogs !
mum amazed how she showed the garden and greenhouse in a very recent vlog but two blogs later didn’t realise that they had plenty of onions planted. Or don’t have compost to plant seeds in.

when she discovered that they had loads of onions already.
It could have been a good time to

A plant more and give surplus away to people in need
B offer some to Dan to plant with the boys.

I don’t see any of those seeds actually making it between sowing planting out etc. It needs tlc on a daily basis and with her chaotic life she won’t have time to care for them. Perhaps selmar would be more hands on

Reactions: 17

Google translate is their friend at times...Just goes to show how much gardening she does. I was trying hard not to comment being a gardener myself, i went and fast forwarded. I wish i hadn't. Onions! Seeds on top! (Hangs head and mutters)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just a quick further thought on the comments already made in the 'Mummy' debate... If you are used to calling your mum 'Maman' from a very young age, calling her 'Mummy' when around English people makes sense in a way because of the two syllables. For me, it is a more natural switch.
Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Most of us grow up calling our mums by the two syllable term "Mummy." Few of us continue it beyond our early teens. I don't see that "Maman" is very different.

Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Most of us grow up calling our mums by the two syllable term "Mummy." Few of us continue it beyond our early teens. I don't see that "Maman" is very different.
You missed my point. Most of us don't grow up speaking two languages and switching all the time.

Reactions: 3
8 years depressed - grieving
IJ a psychiatric nurse but didn't do anything to help for 8 years

1613741638015.png
or a real reflection of IJ nursing ability. She doesn't strike me as someone who can soothe mental health issues.

SSB - Shy on camera starting the vlog

1613741950025.png
1613742173795.png
1613742628110.png

opera performances!!!
acting with Tess Hoffman (@countessawess ) with Lord of the Flies pseudonym director!!! and is the main character!!!
countless costume parties since she was a child!!!
IG account!!!

That will be why her toilet flooded the HMN - it was full up!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
La Brocanteuse said:
Just a quick further thought on the comments already made in the 'Mummy' debate... If you are used to calling your mum 'Maman' from a very young age, calling her 'Mummy' when around English people makes sense in a way because of the two syllables. For me, it is a more natural switch.
No, because you made no reference to the ease of switching between Mummy/Maman/Mummy which was my point.

Re; your now deleted post
So she switched between Maman and Mummy with ease as a child and yet can't manage Mum. Really? I'm afraid your point doesn't hold water.
I recall my children calling me Mum, Mummy, Mumsie, Mother at different stages and even on occasion, Ma (which I detested), when my son was in university. I suspect many children do the same. I don't think that language really makes a lot of difference in this instance.

Last edited:
@Jeeves "Thanks again Iolander. There is a pattern emerging of new people coming along and wanting things done differently but they soon disappear as soon as they are asked to go ahead and actually do it."

I knew it from the start :) . Newbies have a lot of suggestions they campaign with conviction, but when it comes to put them in action they go MIA immediately. Maybe Laurent got frustrated, he hasn't posted anything in the previous thread, so I felt I should step in. Tattle requires some commitment, they don't allow newbies to take over, first you need to earn your membership by posting a lot of comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Jeeves "Thanks again Iolander. There is a pattern emerging of new people coming along and wanting things done differently but they soon disappear as soon as they are asked to go ahead and actually do it."

I knew it from the start :) . Newbies have a lot of suggestions they campaign with conviction, but when it comes to put them in action they go MIA immediately. Maybe Laurent got frustrated, he hasn't posted anything in the previous thread, so I felt I should step in. Tattle requires some commitment, they don't allow newbies to take over, first you need to earn your membership by posting a lot of comments.
A bit like SailonSilverGirl who wanted a page maintained with all of the "Golden Nuggets" so that newbies did not have trawl through threads when looking for information. She wasn't willing to take it on though and in her words "I'm done being hazed. Flouncing. Good-bye."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
mum amazed how she showed the garden and greenhouse in a very recent vlog but two blogs later didn’t realise that they had plenty of onions planted. Or don’t have compost to plant seeds in.

when she discovered that they had loads of onions already.
It could have been a good time to

A plant more and give surplus away to people in need
B offer some to Dan to plant with the boys.

I don’t see any of those seeds actually making it between sowing planting out etc. It needs tlc on a daily basis and with her chaotic life she won’t have time to care for them. Perhaps selmar would be more hands on
The rows of onions had recently been hoed (weeded) they were so neat and tidy. They had also obviously been grown from seeds or seedlings and transplanted into the beds. I would suspect Dan has planted and maintained them as there is no way that IJ planted them before she left for SA. I was also amazed when SJ realised that what she had bought were surplus to their requirements she didn’t offer them to Dan to take home and plant. Miser! Sweet peas need to be planted much deeper and planted outside in situ to where you require. Dan will end up correcting all the cock ups she has made! Just watch they will all miraculously grow to gigantic proportions!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@JustCommonSense " And considering all that money then gets spent on joinery by a UK firm.. "

That Hash was nothing but a common salesman! If you saw the patreon video, he suggested see through mirrors, more cabinets... He took the lead, because SSB clearly didn't have a thought out vision, and sold more than necessary :p But hey, it's only patreon money!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.