The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stunning. Look at the detail. Oh, hallmarked Sterling Silver. Suzette from Jackson Hole (snigger) you are SO talented. How could you crochet a tablecloth of Mummy's face!! It is beautiful. Oh, Stanley from Scunthorpe - wow a massive Starship Enterprise Lego set for Antoine - how lovely of you to stop eating for a week to pay for it. Thank you thank you. We will put it aside for him when he next visits on his 21st birthday. Marie, look someone has sent you some pot pourri for you to use in your floral arrangements, how kind. Such lovely colours and oh..(wafting it under Selma's nose) what a lovely scent..beautiful. It reminds me of the care home so much (bit of a sad face). Oh, Nati hand me the special parcel opening scissors what have we here (squeal)..oh my Fortnum & Mason pea & mint tea bags. They will be absolutely paaaaaaarfect to keep me going through the long hours of editing. Oh, Selmar this one is for you. Open it open it. Oh. It is a gold bar (dirty look at Nati)...is it real, ooooh how dahling of someone to have sent that to you. Are you sure there will be a place for it in your van (little moue mouth look)? We can look after it in the main house if you are worried it will be stolen you know. But anyway, think about it - now..what have we here a parcel for ....Philip...go on you open it. I need to have a little drinkie. Oh, what is it...oh how fabulous. A hat in the shape of a hedgehog - squeals with laughter, put it on..put it on..everyone laughs. Philip snorts. Marie chokes on a crisp. Selmar does the heimlich manoeuvre - SJ doesn't notice. Nati passes a massive box to SJ oh what is this I can barely see over the top of it..Ann Summers..I remember that name..Nati is she that lovely lady who sent us the cat paintings last year? Nati grabs box quickly & throws it over the back of the sofa. Selmar walks out looking dazed. Oh, I cannot thank you all enough for sending us these gifts it soooooo cheers us up and makes us feel sooooo jolly loved by all of you.
This is pure genius. With @MojoDublin filming skills and your scripting skills I see a fabulous Gift Grab parody in the making. Make the magic happen... 👏👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The Château de la Fleur Fanée School of Scrounging

This exclusive school for aspiring scroungers will be opening this summer at Château de la Fleur Fanée. Students will be able to choose from a variety of tailor-made courses that will teach them how to become professional scroungers and launch them on the path to YT fame and fortune. Fees will vary depending on the number of courses followed and the period of training required to qualify as a professional scrounger. Students who show promise (they must have a YT channel with videos showing that they have some aptitude for scrounging, such as asking for Christmas presents in a large shato while keeping a straight face) but who can’t afford the fees may apply for a scholarship – applications must be submitted no later than the end of May. The selection process will take place in the ‘Grand Salon’ and the winning applications (only two a year) will be selected by the school’s staff: Itsnotbelle Jarvis, Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed, Fanny Fanée, ‘Cameltoe’ Philip, and the very gentle and softly spoken Selmar (‘He of the Woods’).

Student accommodation: students shall be accommodated in a series of small poky bedrooms (which haven’t been decorated for years) with ensuite shower facilities. Room service - provided by expert waiter ‘Cameltoe’ Philip - will be available for those who pay an extra fee.

Parking: students will be able to park their cars in the large courtyard, which looks like the entrance to a scrap metal yard.

Course modules:

Hairdressing and make-up – learn how to plaster so much make-up on your face that you become almost unrecognisable and bear a strong resemblance to a dummy in a shop window.

Elocution courses - learn how to speak like the Queen and mispronounce words. Learn to look, act, and behave like the Queen. This is especially important if you wish to attract Americans to your channel and want to make big bucks.

Editing – learn how to spend 70 hours a week knitting together bits of film to create a short vlog that’s so boring no one will want to watch it.

Filming – learn how to follow someone about with a phone all day and film them doing mundane things without laughing (because you’re thinking about the poor schmucks watching the tosh) and ruining the video. Learn how to film and navigate your way around a shato and outside while filming – how to avoid banging into furniture, street furniture, looking like a plonker, etc. Learn how to use a drone without getting it shot down because it’s strayed onto someone else’s property.

Asking for money - lessons in how to ask for money without actually asking for it (the fine art of dropping hints for advanced students). Learn how to master Patreon, GoFundMyLife, BuyMeaCar, Instagrab, and all the other wonderful sources of free tax-free dosh. Learn how to dodge tax -foreign accounts, setting up non-profit associations on false pretences.

Acting classes - how to put on airs and graces, how to look desperate when you’ve got tons of dosh in the bank and property in London.

Lessons on how to mispronounce simple words in French

Those who qualify will receive a special certificate in scrounging signed by Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed. Lectures from famous professional scroungers such as ‘Teabag’ Petherdick and Bodger Billy will be given in the conference room (the low-ceiling Grand Salon). There will be a gift shop containing cakes in the shape of the shato and life-size effigies of Scrounger Jarvis (from Madame Tussauds) complete with faux blonde hair and pushed-up boobs. Deluxe models will have a button on the left boob, which, when pressed, will play The Who’s ‘Eyesite to the Blind’. Students may apply to join the Shato Greed Sect or the Greed Cult, during which they may be required to worship an effigy of SJ at least once a week.
C62ED2FA-F53D-4111-87E7-9CC6CAD05E50.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
[/QUOTE]
ok lads - stall the ball there will ya

speaking as a female

you’d not kick him out of bed for eating chips 🍟

he’s never declared either way - frankly it’s supposition all over

who cares !!!!

his choice ... meh we’d not fall out with him over his choice either ways !!!!

but he’s defo not shrek -

so let’s just park any ideas that he’s a munter !!!!

just saying ..., stall the roll
What’s in the water 💦 ?????
[/QUOTE]

I think I'd prefer to find Shrek in my bed! Horses for courses - but he certainly doesn't float my boat! 😂🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14
🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone else remember a spring vlog where the Lalanders answered the ‘love language’ questionnaire? SJ was ‘ashamed to say that hers [love language] was gifts‘.
I am sure that this admission greatly contributed to the creation of the Frankenstein that Cadeaux has become. Even I found it endearing at the time and considered sending her something. Thankfully I saw what the unwrapping was turning into before being so foolish (as to send family heirlooms of sorts, not the silver, mind you... but still).
Yes, just as I remember Isabelle, the absurd matriarch, haughtily affirming in her high, flutey tones in front of Stephanie and other mixed company that she NEVER gave her daughter birthday presents ON PRINCIPLE. After all, she had given her the gift of LIFE!

So is there any surprise in learning that when it comes to cadeaux, Miss Chatelaine just can't get enough?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m definitely drinking more of these before I come on here in future

my face hurts with the laughing 😂
Hurts

you are all toooooo funny 😆
image.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone else remember a spring vlog where the Lalanders answered the ‘love language’ questionnaire? SJ was ‘ashamed to say that hers [love language] was gifts‘.
I am sure that this admission greatly contributed to the creation of the Frankenstein that Cadeaux has become. Even I found it endearing at the time and considered sending her something. Thankfully I saw what the unwrapping was turning into before being so foolish (as to send family heirlooms of sorts, not the silver, mind you... but still).
Twice (in the Olden Days) help me... I can’t stop saying that... who started it??? - anyway, twice I contemplated sending GGGG (greedy guts gift grabber) gifts. One is a beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress I bought for an amazing wedding I was attending. I thought I would be Paaarfeck for her (it actually would) and while I didn’t really consider sending it because I love it too much and it’s a classic forever dress I did think it would be awesome on her. And another time I saw a fabulous hedgehog (pre Sir Snorts arrival where he’d studied “what will I say I like to get the fans to love me I know hedgehogs” snort snort) because SJ and the inmates were all about the hedgehog that came in from the cold and I saw a gorgeous hedgehog tea cosy in a cool store and I entertained the thought that it could be a fun gift. To think, I thought that. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

This exclusive school for aspiring scroungers will be opening this summer at Château de la Fleur Fanée. Students will be able to choose from a variety of tailor-made courses that will teach them how to become professional scroungers and launch them on the path to YT fame and fortune. Fees will vary depending on the number of courses followed and the period of training required to qualify as a professional scrounger. Students who show promise (they must have a YT channel with videos showing that they have some aptitude for scrounging, such as asking for Christmas presents in a large shato while keeping a straight face) but who can’t afford the fees may apply for a scholarship – applications must be submitted no later than the end of May. The selection process will take place in the ‘Grand Salon’ and the winning applications (only two a year) will be selected by the school’s staff: Itsnotbelle Jarvis, Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed, Fanny Fanée, ‘Cameltoe’ Philip, and the very gentle and softly spoken Selmar (‘He of the Woods’).

Student accommodation: students shall be accommodated in a series of small poky bedrooms (which haven’t been decorated for years) with ensuite shower facilities. Room service - provided by expert waiter ‘Cameltoe’ Philip - will be available for those who pay an extra fee.

Parking: students will be able to park their cars in the large courtyard, which looks like the entrance to a scrap metal yard.

Course modules:

Hairdressing and make-up – learn how to plaster so much make-up on your face that you become almost unrecognisable and bear a strong resemblance to a dummy in a shop window.

Elocution courses - learn how to speak like the Queen and mispronounce words. Learn to look, act, and behave like the Queen. This is especially important if you wish to attract Americans to your channel and want to make big bucks.

Editing – learn how to spend 70 hours a week knitting together bits of film to create a short vlog that’s so boring no one will want to watch it.

Filming – learn how to follow someone about with a phone all day and film them doing mundane things without laughing (because you’re thinking about the poor schmucks watching the tosh) and ruining the video. Learn how to film and navigate your way around a shato and outside while filming – how to avoid banging into furniture, street furniture, looking like a plonker, etc. Learn how to use a drone without getting it shot down because it’s strayed onto someone else’s property.

Asking for money - lessons in how to ask for money without actually asking for it (the fine art of dropping hints for advanced students). Learn how to master Patreon, GoFundMyLife, BuyMeaCar, Instagrab, and all the other wonderful sources of free tax-free dosh. Learn how to dodge tax -foreign accounts, setting up non-profit associations on false pretences.

Acting classes - how to put on airs and graces, how to look desperate when you’ve got tons of dosh in the bank and property in London.

Those who qualify will receive a special certificate in scrounging signed by Scrounger Jarvis, the High Priestess of Greed. Lectures from famous professional scroungers such as ‘Teabag’ Petherdick and Bodger Billy will be given in the conference room (the low-ceiling Grand Salon). There will be a gift shop containing cakes in the shape of the shato and life-size effigies of Scrounger Jarvis (from Madame Tussauds) complete with faux blonde hair and pushed-up boobs. Deluxe models will have a button on the left boob, which, when pressed, will play The Who’s ‘Eyesite to the Blind’. Students may apply to join the Shato Greed Sect or the Greed Cult, during which they may be required to worship an effigy of SJ at least once a week.
They’ll be queuing up for a scholarship ! So much good detail here.
Itsnotbelle Jarvis should be added to the glossary. Say it like it is 😸👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Course modules:

with special keynote speaker Jill Scott?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Cadeaux at the Chateau

Stephanie to Marie: How lovely, someone's sent you some floral hand cream. Did you see someone sent Nati a beautiful red leather Longchamp handbag?
Marie: How nice! :mad:🤬🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It’s Hotel California... you can check out anytime you like.... and we know the rest. Hopefully there’ll be enough CD stuff to keep me going and if not I’ll just provide it myself! I do get the linking for SJ and MPK and how it’s hard not to comment on him in relation to her as they had such a prominent relationship in the CD’s in the olden days... 😆 so I can cope with that but I really really really don’t give a 💩 about Billy or Gwen or Ma or Sadie or Philly and His A or Ryan or the weirdo couple (she who dresses like someone from The Bletchley circle), and though I like Dan I don’t care about his life or his A or his kitchen so I guess I just have to ignore and scroll on by.... maybe I am guilty of having had a teeny tiny flounce.
The weirdo couple? Bletchley? Do tell!

Reactions: 1
On the subject of Brenda's travels, did she ever share her adventures here with her FB friends?
oh I’m sure she told them it’s all good craic

(ok I had to google that it looked wrong when I typed Craic) and maybe it doesn’t work in that sentence

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The weirdo couple? Bletchley? Do tell!
I like Peter and Miss Anna from De La Croix Honnet. They live a 1920-40s lifestyle, with a decor to match. They work hard, NEVER ask for money. No Patreon, no GoFundMe. Live in Normandy.

Reactions: 4
Cadeaux at the Chateau

Stephanie to Marie: How lovely, someone's sent you some floral hand cream. Did you see someone sent Nati a beautiful red leather Longchamp handbag?
Marie: How nice! :mad:🤬🤢
I had to skim through to find that as I don't watch the gift grab. That pink and blue patterned dress though! Fair play Steff, that piece of acting truly deserves a commendation! I wonder whose Granny is looking for that little number?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.