The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t say I’m surprised.
In five months times, we'll have to look out for a gift from a cold state in America 😉
I'll admit I was thinking of taking some hardened bull tit from the pasture nextdoor, glueing it to a base, spray painting it gold and mailing it to France.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Cringe moment on CATC
Marie: (out loud) it's very see-through! (thought to self: why me?)

Nati: That's just what you like!

Selmar (Laughs out loud) (thought to self: poor girl!)

Philip (to self: Ohhh....I'll ask her later if I can have it if she doesn't want it)

View attachment 451239
So Nati who opens up all the presents in advance & therefore knew about this would have run it by SSB as to whether the scanties should be given to Marie & they thought it would be hilarious to embarrass someone on camera by giving her something that they knew she would be embarrassed about receiving. My. what a piece of work those two are.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
ok lads - stall the ball there will ya

speaking as a female

you’d not kick him out of bed for eating chips 🍟

he’s never declared either way - frankly it’s supposition all over

who cares !!!!

his choice ... meh we’d not fall out with him over his choice either ways !!!!

but he’s defo not shrek -

so let’s just park any ideas that he’s a munter !!!!

just saying ..., stall the roll
What’s in the water 💦 ?????
What on gods green earth @MojoDublin 😂 . What a sad sad man he is. He’s doing that “I miss my old partylife” thing in the Madrid posts and I'm sorry, he looked out of place, he doesn't fit in with the young crowd anymore and it looked just sad. As a female I admit he's got a beautiful face, but when compared to these young lads, his time has gone. Beauty is transient. His IG train has already left the station.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m going to bed now but just watched using fast forward some of tonight’s gift grab. I cannot bear it. It’s disgusting. Her fake effusiveness over a tin of tea that some poor sod sent five months ago. The ink well and Snort A Lot gushing excitedly “or it could go into the Petit Salon” what the actual f*#k is WRONG with him. He’s not right in the head. She wanted to claw Nati’s rolling eyes out of her head to get that red bag off her... the “Oh Look... A Dolphin” - it’s seriously like a show and tell that a group of seven year olds would do. Didn’t get as far as the gammy dress, the slip, the scrap book... there’s only so much one can take... oh oh I listened to a bit of someone gushing about how much they missed seeing the Adult Child and her doting Mummy doing things together cooking and setting tables and a litany of things that I’ve never seen SSB and Aunt Lydia (my new name for Mummy) doing together. And SSB reading it out like it actually happens. I had to cut her off. Couldn’t listen to that tripe. What a bizzare dysfunctional twilight zone alternative universe they all inhabit in that HMN...
Love the new name ‘Aunt Lydia’ brilliant!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
SJ keeps encouraging these perverts when Covid is finally over she's going to have a stalking situation. HMN has zero security.

• Haha
Total mean girl behaviour. 🤮🤮
However, Marie must be punished for wanting to leave and not accepting SJ's salvational offer of paid cook.
This is exactly what has happened. Outrageous behaviour by Nati & SJ. I hope Marie is reading this & realising that it obvious she was set up by those two. Just nasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SJ keeps encouraging these perverts when Covid is finally over she's going to have a stalking situation. HMN has zero security.
She’s ‘opening the door’ for something like that to happen. The majority of people who open mail, PR, gifts, use a PO Box and don’t want anyone finding out their address. Of course, some in the States are more fanatical over you tubers and have been known to show up on famous vloggers‘ doorsteps, if the address gets leaked. I know it wouldn’t be difficult to find her address, but she flashes it all over the CATC, It doesn‘t scream common sense to me. So yeah, safety should be a concern when people start to travel again.

If I were in that position, I’d be doing background checks before letting anyone stay with me. But I’m a Scorpio and trust very few people.

• Haha
Rewatched Marie's part and I say it was definitely a set-up.
Gives Marie a bag made from recycled plastic bottles.
SJ sees the bee print on it.
*Over the top fake acting* OH! Yes there is another present for you Marie, I just "remembered" because of the little bees... :rolleyes:
I can not imagine Debra (the giver of said lingerie) shopping at a department store, only to see that polyester thing and think: "Oh that's is parfect for Marie." :rolleyes:
I would be more appropriate for SJ as she wore something similar for her dear father's funeral.

She’s ‘opening the door’ for something like that to happen
And that's not just in real life. On the live chats too. All those inapropriate comments. She didn't crack down hard on those, and now they've just run amok, I don't think the moderators can keep up (or care as BJJ encourages it).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes, just as I remember Isabelle, the absurd matriarch, haughtily affirming in her high, flutey tones in front of Stephanie and other mixed company that she NEVER gave her daughter birthday presents ON PRINCIPLE. After all, she had given her the gift of LIFE!

So is there any surprise in learning that when it comes to cadeaux, Miss Chatelaine just can't get enough?
IJ didn't give SJ bday gifts & stopped reading to her at age 3?!? Oh my...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She’s ‘opening the door’ for something like that to happen. The majority of people who open mail, PR, gifts, use a PO Box and don’t want anyone finding out their address. Of course, some in the States are more fanatical over you tubers and have been known to show up on famous vloggers‘ doorsteps, if the address gets leaked. I know it wouldn’t be difficult to find her address, but she flashes it all over the CATC, It doesn‘t scream common sense to me. So yeah, safety should be a concern when people start to travel again.

If I were in that position, I’d be doing background checks before letting anyone stay with me. But I’m a Scorpio and trust very few people.
She's completely oblivious to any issues encouraging perverts. It's a sign of childhood abuse. Most of us can figure out what kind just veiwing the art. Out of curiosity I looked up artists who paint nudes of their own daughter. Found 2 others 1 is chinese the other one his daughter claims it didn't effect her. However her life has had glaring examples that she just isn't admitting it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who sends a stranger a see-through negligee?! What was that person thinking? Was the person browsing in a store or online, spots it and thinks, “ you know who would be perfect for this...that shy florist I watch on the YouTube’s!“. Granted, it’s pretty and could be worn with a tank top under it, but still, it’s a pretty weird gift from a stranger to a stranger.

Today‘s CATC was a true lesson in lying through your teeth. 90% of the gifts were WTF. The dress is the exact style my grandmother wore in the 70’s for bridge club, complete with the belt, the piece de resistance added by Fanny herself . Fabric from someone’s shed that had mice or squirrels running around it, Yuck! More books that no one will read. An antique inkwell for lifesaver mints. The handmade book I could take or leave, someone put a lot of work into it, not my thing, might be someone else’s. More labels for the garden, someone sent used popsicle sticks with writing on it, (thanks for the COVID). Another apron, more headbands, a bag for Nati for when she gets the hell out. Marie gets some hand cream and a nylon or plastic bag. These packages were received in September, I see why they waited so long to open them. Jeez, just end the CATC! The fake, “I love it!” is painfully obvious and run its course, pack it in and call it a day with the gift opening or continue receiving used popsicle sticks, shed fabric, and my grandmother’s wardrobe. I kind of enjoyed it for awhile, now I only watch to see what crazy crap people send and SMH. Most of it looks like stuff you’d find at an old person‘s garage sale.

But my favorite part was when she was reading a letter and said ”acka“ instead of a.k.a (also known as). I almost spit out my drink.
I never watch CATC...but now I must!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There is a moment just after Marie has shared her gift of hand cream with Nati when SJ makes a point to tell her, "Nati just got the most beautiful handbag." Marie glances up quickly as if to look for the bag with a clear expression of hurt and confusion.

Nati's Longchamp handbag appears similar to the Longchamp Le Foulonné Travel L which retails for around 675 Euros. It doesn't seem to occur to anyone that when a stranger sends you a gift valued at over 600 Euros, they might be looking for something in return beyond a gushing Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
IJ didn't give SJ bday gifts & stopped reading to her at age 3?!? Oh my...
Yes, IJ proudly said in one of the vlogs ”the gift of life” nonsense, I couldn’t believe it either! She’s also not big on Christmas either. SJ said that after opening presents Christmas morning, her parents went to work in the nursing home and SJ would stay in the apartment alone, playing with her toys. She never struck me as the affectionate, loving mother type. I wonder what she thought of all the gifts Daddy gave SJ, a fountain, chandeliers, furniture being that she was against giving her only child birthday gifts.

The whole situation really puts CATC into perspective, she’s trying to fill a void that her mother helped create.

Think about it. Some pervert watches CD. Knows SJ forces everyone to try on and model all the clothes sent. Knows Marie doesn't wear a bra. So the pervert mails Marie a see through negligee top. So he can get a free peep show. Thankfully SJ didn't force her to model it. But it was still highly inappropriate.

Reactions: 16
There is a moment just after Marie has shared her gift of hand cream with Nati when SJ makes a point to tell her, "Nati just got the most beautiful handbag." Marie glances up quickly as if to look for the bag with a clear expression of hurt and confusion.

Nati's Longchamp handbag appears similar to the Longchamp Le Foulonné Travel L which retails for around 675 Euros. It doesn't seem to occur to anyone that when a stranger sends you a gift valued at over 600 Euros, they might be looking for something in return beyond a gushing Thank you so much!
I’ve never heard of the brand before. I got the impression that the bag might be secondhand. Like someone bought it, used it once, it was sitting in a closet, and then sent it off. It was packaged like it was an afterthought. For something that expensive, you’d think the presentation would be a little nicer than being in a dustbag and shoved in a shipping box. Again, who are the people sending these gifts? Can they not think of anyone that they personally know to give these things too? Imagine finding out that Great Aunt Patsy sent away those Tiffany salt dishes, Dior coat, fine leather goods, and antique Limoges porcelain you’ve had your eye on since grade school, only to find out she sent them to some bimbette in France she’s never met...and probably never will!

• Haha
  • Heart
@Mummy Dearest I think you're right about the handbag probably being gently used. Funny how SJ couldn't stop herself from leaping out of her chair and fingering the brass horse logo, making sure Philip had a close-up on this mark of prestige. Funny, and sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I’ve never heard of the brand before. I got the impression that the bag might be secondhand. Like someone bought it, used it once, it was sitting in a closet, and then sent it off. It was packaged like it was an afterthought. For something that expensive, you’d think the presentation would be a little nicer than being in a dustbag and shoved in a shipping box. Again, who are the people sending these gifts? Can they not think of anyone that they personally know to give these things too? Imagine finding out that Great Aunt Patsy sent away those Tiffany salt dishes, Dior coat, fine leather goods, and antique Limoges porcelain you’ve had your eye on since grade school, only to find out she sent them to some bimbette in France she’s never met...and probably never will!
I agree on this. SJ puts it out there that bougie stuff gets the most attention. Btw Natties bag is on the real reel used $123. Great condition. So the value drops significantly once you leave the store.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.