The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TheTaxInspector That's a bit harsh. He can at least paint and play the piano which is more than the average Joe, even if he would never have got into an art or music college.
The funny thing is that when he first started appearing in SJs vlogs all the comments were about how wonderfully talented he was, and was there anything that Michael couldn't do, and how everyone needs a Michael in their lives!
He could have built on all that goodwill to travel the world; paying for it by doing odd bits of furniture upcycling, or painting commissions, for his fans. It seems a colossal waste of his time and remaining 'youth,' to be faffing about for years with his sister-in-law's outbuilding in the middle of nowhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And I don't believe for a second that MPK is bi, no way. Nothing wrong with that at all, just enough with the match making! He is who he is, and his mother doesn't help him with her ludicrous attempts at trying to pass him off as a 'catch'.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@TheTaxInspector That's a bit harsh. He can at least paint and play the piano which is more than the average Joe, even if he would never have got into an art or music college.
The funny thing is that when he first started appearing in SJs vlogs all the comments were about how wonderfully talented he was, and was there anything that Michael couldn't do, and how everyone needs a Michael in their lives!
He could have built on all that goodwill to travel the world; paying for it by doing odd bits of furniture upcycling, or painting commissions, for his fans. It seems a colossal waste of his time and remaining 'youth,' to be faffing about for years with his sister-in-law's outbuilding in the middle of nowhere.
I actually think he's been dropped from a great height by SSB & this has massively affected him. Another favourite toy chucked on the rubbish heap when they prove to be too much trouble or another toy comes along. I think the D&A debacle made him a liability to her in terms of keeping in with the ETTCDIY production/Channel 4. So, her heartfelt (yeah right) we're all in this together message on his YouTube tale of woe meant nothing. I reckon she has popped in to see him. Made sure that it was not filmed because oh Michael you do understand that I am contracted to Channel 4 and I can't get out of it and I need the exposure but if they think I am showing you I will be dropped too, you do understand don't you? He thought he was the special one. He even had a bedroom next to hers at La Lande & now she has a new special friend. She made him feel good about himself, that he was adept at lots of things - cooking, makeup/hair, art, music & now he feels rubbish about himself. No more partying, no more doing her hair for her, no more holiday posing like some 1940s film stars in Venice, no more shopping or cocktail drinking, no more SJ & MPK. I think this would've been a blow to him. It is part of narcissistic behaviour where they put someone in the full beam of attention, then blow hot & cold, then drop them but keep dangling to keep control. I never thought it was romance. It was like the Hollywood stars who were gay but who were photographed out with a succession of women to keep up the illusion. I couldn't care less what his sexuality is. But I think her behaviour to him has caused this slide into sadness & manic attempt at having fun.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
He's clearly grown up being told how incredible he was. He is a talented amateur but could never live up to his mother's expectations for him. You see it frequently in a classroom - a bright child who crumbles as soon as they are challenged. I feel that this has always been Michael's story - as soon as he hits a hurdle, he gives up. Sadly he hasn't developed resilience to persevere when things get tough and this has to be his mother's fault. It's everyone else's fault except for her golden boy. She makes excuses for him instead of pulling him up by his shoe-straps and setting him off again. (I suspect he has frustrated Mick for a long while.) What we're left with is the petulant, indulged man-child who thinks the world owes him a living and that everyone who questions him is mean. It gets harder to run to your mother to sort it out though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause of some resentment between him and Billy. You can just imagine that Ma wouldn't allow anyone to to upset Teabag when he was in one of his moods. In most families, the edges would soon be knocked off a temperamental sibling. Sadie is Ma's princess and the youngest child and probably doesn't feel overlooked in the way Billy might. The Chateau is Billy's trump card - he (well, Gwen) finally has something that the others want. Maybe this is why he has allowed the tribe to move in. He finally calls the shots.

You put this with @Princess and the Pea's thoughts about SJ and MPK and you probably have his story.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
And I don't believe for a second that MPK is bi, no way. Nothing wrong with that at all, just enough with the match making! He is who he is, and his mother doesn't help him with her ludicrous attempts at trying to pass him off as a 'catch'.
I wasn't "matchmaking". Just stating a theory.

Reactions: 5
Being a YouTuber isn't a job, whether one makes money at it or not. Does a woman have a job if he receives money in the street? YouTubers aren't employed by YouTube and there is no employment contract or a regular salary. You will tell me that it's not a 'job' in the traditional sense of the word. Let's say for argument's sake that you're right and she is doing a 'job'... well, she's not very good at it, is she? You yourself have complained about the poor content: "The latest vlog is so boring, the extra Patreon videos are too." That is what you wrote, isn't it? So, not only is she unable to get a job in the traditional sense of the word (principally because she's lazy and doesn't want to work), but she's also not particularly good at her YouTube 'job' (for the same reasons). The truth is that she is - like all the other scroungers (Ryan, the Pethericks, etc.) - an indolent and talentless individual who has found a way to scrounge off other people and possibly avoid/evade tax. At best she's a charity case.
If you define work as something you don't like doing most of the time but still do because you are an adult and get up in the morning to earn your rent (while looking for something you like more) then youtube could be seen as a job. πŸ˜‰At least for Michael.
Only problem here, he is not adult and getting up and doing it to pay his rent πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ He is begging whenever he runs out of money instead. Just because he is well-dressed and not sitting on the floor at the metro entrance while doing it, he believes it's OK.

On the other hand: SJ insists that she loves to make the videos and to edit them. That it doesn't feel like work (though she was eager in the other video to show how many hours she invested)
I mean, if you like what you are doing you tend to work hard. She proved that she worked diligently for the last year. So is it a job in her case? πŸ€”But work is no play and it did look often like play. So what now?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually think he's been dropped from a great height by SSB & this has massively affected him. Another favourite toy chucked on the rubbish heap when they prove to be too much trouble or another toy comes along. I think the D&A debacle made him a liability to her in terms of keeping in with the ETTCDIY production/Channel 4. So, her heartfelt (yeah right) we're all in this together message on his YouTube tale of woe meant nothing. I reckon she has popped in to see him. Made sure that it was not filmed because oh Michael you do understand that I am contracted to Channel 4 and I can't get out of it and I need the exposure but if they think I am showing you I will be dropped too, you do understand don't you? He thought he was the special one. He even had a bedroom next to hers at La Lande & now she has a new special friend. She made him feel good about himself, that he was adept at lots of things - cooking, makeup/hair, art, music & now he feels rubbish about himself. No more partying, no more doing her hair for her, no more holiday posing like some 1940s film stars in Venice, no more shopping or cocktail drinking, no more SJ & MPK. I think this would've been a blow to him. It is part of narcissistic behaviour where they put someone in the full beam of attention, then blow hot & cold, then drop them but keep dangling to keep control. I never thought it was romance. It was like the Hollywood stars who were gay but who were photographed out with a succession of women to keep up the illusion. I couldn't care less what his sexuality is. But I think her behaviour to him has caused this slide into sadness & manic attempt at having fun.
You might just be SJ's secret little sister, the way you know all her motives. Uncanny. Well done!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She proved that she worked diligently for the last year.
Did she? She's mostly been telling other people stories, filming the ones trapped in her web. Repeating the same trick over and over again is not working diligently, I'd say. She managed to get vlogs out, sure, and compared to Boy Trotter that can be seen as some kind of achievement, but working diligently is something else. It involves a professional attitude, an ear for criticism, a vision to build upon and a brand to be proud of, all of which she's lacking miserably.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My take on MPK, I think he’s been out as gay to all in his life for many years, suffers from anxiety and depression, withdraws from life when he gets overwhelmed.

Maybe resorts to sex or drugs as a distraction, or has done in the past to help him cope. Many gay men have, including me.

I think that is what the Madrid trip was, a chance to distract himself from the pressures he is feeling from, Patreon, YT, Tattle etc. and the anxiety it is creating for him.

While I don’t like the asking for more money for oak beams and hinting for people to buy him Spode plates and a few other carry ons I do think he has made a success of his YT channel so far.

If he can get back on track, carry on with the cottage renovations, without asking for more money and get some support with mental health everything will be okay.

Most patrons seem to be relatively forgiving of a hiccup here and there as long as things get back on track.

Reactions: 10
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Watts before. It’s seems to be all about Fortuny fabric. Watts is probably more expensive! SJ has mentioned, in many of her early vlogs, about all the curtains and fabrics she has from Watts. The curtains for the size of her windows would cost as much as the price of a small car! That’s another reason that brought me here as I priced (online) curtains from Watts for the approx size of one of SJ’s windows ... couldn’t understand how someone begging for money could afford one curtain never mind a whole chateau!!! The fabrics are fabulous - if you’ve just won the lottery or daddy’s a multi millionaire - they would look amazing ... daarrllling,
She bought the fabric and made the curtains. Still expensive fabric but a fraction of the cost of buying finished curtains

Reactions: 8
You might just be SJ's secret little sister, the way you know all her motives. Uncanny. Well done!
Once you recognise the traits (from personal experience) it is easy to identify them in others, unfortunately. LOTLL is a classic example of someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder - sorry if that annoys people to keep on saying it. But once you recognise that she is, all her behaviour falls into place.

He's also maskless through Mexico City yelling and fake laughing with his selfie stick. Total vector. He's kind of a douche, but I am enjoying him getting routinely ripped off during his trip to Mexico and admitting it. He's definitely not being held to the same standard that's being set here.
He gives a lot of money to people who are struggling & supports their businesses too. And he absolutely scrimped and scraped to get where he is now. He is a bit odd at times I know, but he provides good content, stays in some really rough hotels & is interested in history & finding out about where he is travelling. At least he is transparent about his funding.

Last edited:
View attachment 449584
but Princess Stephanie insists on this....
View attachment 449586
Then again...it is her Shat-Oh-my-gosh-how-hideous!
[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous, cold blue walls that tie in with nothing significant, why blue?! πŸ€” I personally like a decent size luxurious bed too, nothing worse than paying for a B&B and sleeping in a tiny bed. The room can certainly take it. I expect they designed everything around the second hand headboard and not the paying guest!

Reactions: 4
The problem is she has expensive tastes but she's appalling at styling. The Marquis' apartment is an abomination, and her silk bedroom walls with fleuro pink edging, along with lots of crap lying about is abysmal. And lets not forget, even the so so rooms get ruined by 'Daddy's' paintings. Who wants to bet that one even ends up in the downstairs powder room.
Commonly known as having champagne tastes on a beer budget.

If you define work as something you don't like doing most of the time but still do because you are an adult and get up in the morning to earn your rent (while looking for something you like more) then youtube could be seen as a job. πŸ˜‰At least for Michael.
Only problem here, he is not adult and getting up and doing it to pay his rent πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ He is begging whenever he runs out of money instead. Just because he is well-dressed and not sitting on the floor at the metro entrance while doing it, he believes it's OK.

On the other hand: SJ insists that she loves to make the videos and to edit them. That it doesn't feel like work (though she was eager in the other video to show how many hours she invested)
I mean, if you like what you are doing you tend to work hard. She proved that she worked diligently for the last year. So is it a job in her case? πŸ€”But work is no play and it did look often like play. So what now?
Worked diligently!!! Oh that's funny. I think the sloppy content that she's now churning out shows how much help she has had in the past. The difference between what she creates now & what has gone before is clearly like chalk and cheese. Lack of a competent cameraperson, lack of a hand with editing all are now showing. So she is left to her own devices. Never having had a proper job means she has absolutely no work ethic or experience in having to prioritise work & play. Too much boozing, too many late nights meaning she is slow in what she does. Her bosses (patreons) now require her to produce something to a deadline. Alien concept for SSB who is used to having other people doing that funny thing called 'work'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Chateau Lalande Instagram just posts a pic of the windows open ...... most of comments are from people saying the can’t wait to visit when pandemic is over ........ what have you created SJ ...... you just know it’s going to be over run with the Brenda gibbons types demanding an audience with your highness ........ never mind the absolute nut jobs ..... I would bloody fear for my security if I’m honest ........ imagine if film stars or famous people lived as publicly as her with no security to your home ....... her fans are demented as we all have witnessed....... better ask patreons for funding for a panic room !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I mean, if you like what you are doing you tend to work hard. She proved that she worked diligently for the last year. So is it a job in her case? πŸ€”
No, it isn't. And there's a simple reason for that: requests for funding are made directly or indirectly in most of the vlogs and scrounging isn't a job - it's scrounging. She's a professional scrounger and the living embodiment of nothingness.

SSB is trying to align herself with another chateau couple... who do not have out any begging bowl. Canadian couple setting up a school and ministry for Christian teens to stay and study in France. Both working jobs in the US to pay for the chateau and the renos. I highly doubt they would find the CD crowd their kind of people... especially with the chapel shenanigans at the shat-too.
I've been watching their vlogs - the absence of scrounging makes them eminently watchable. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.