The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. She has the wherewithal to flit from continent to continent yet nothing to invest in her beloved home. AND.....have the unmitigated Gaul to beg for money when she’s out on shopping sprees at Soliado and Bernardaud buying more and more China to shove into that hell hole of China room.
remember she was in Asia with Scotsman when Covid lockdown hit and has to rush back to the sha-toe. How did she get the money for that trip ?
Can't agree more. She has the money for what she wants. Each year Gerry's Xmas present is a holiday with a cruise. This year the plan was India in March. In February the plan is/was (?) Venice and in January it was Ireland her homeland 😄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
They mentioned in a previous vlog the car belongs to their friends. Their other vehicles are old and more in line with a scrap heap challenge.
Also in Europe there are laws about the ages of the car you drive . I’m not 100% sure it’s French law too but certainly in Germany cars have to be ten years or younger

Everything still there. Have a look :)
DamoiseauC said:
If you are interested,
Here's the patreon video of today

DamoiseauC said:
27-01-2021

Patreon Special: Extra Footage including Mummy & Percy!

20-01-2021

We reached $24,000!!!

13-01-2021

Garden Planning with Davy!

06-01-2021

Update & Outtakes!

30-12-2020

Planning for 2021 Part 1!

23-12-2020

More Behind the Scenes Extra Footage from December!

17-12-2020

Extra Footage from the Cutting Room Floor!

09-12-2020

Interview with Michael Potts!!!

02-12-2020

Patreon: December Start of Month Update & Q&A!

https://youtu.be/hCLz9Xfkj0Q

25-11-2020

Patreon Special: Interview with Cat!

https://youtu.be/35477lI1_hA

18-11-2020

Patreon: Extra November Footage!

https://youtu.be/OAytfZlHitk

11-11-2020

An Autumnal Walk!

https://youtu.be/0dit1dJK2XU

04-11-2020

Mummy & Percy in South Africa!!!

https://youtu.be/rehef7T7cUg

28-10-2020

Patreon October Q&A Part 2

https://youtu.be/ZLOItVsRmLc

21-10-2020

PATREON NEWSFLASH: MUMMY LEAVES LALANDE!

https://youtu.be/zFLhpFNnuUc

14-10-2020

October Q&A Part 1!

https://youtu.be/LVuBJzxSKNw

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If Chateau now only open to patreons why can I book rooms on their internet site with euro price. But more curiously ..buy gift vouchers in sterling.... Tax inspector have you any insight.
None at all, I'm afraid. I can only assume there's been some sort of cock-up on the film set...

Reactions: 4
How did Saint Brenda of Donegal arrive at the tit-oo?
SJ only opening the B&B to her most devoted followers patreons, yet they have to rent a car, as the tit-oo is in the middle of nowhere with no public transport what so ever. You'd have to be dedicated to endure such a crappy pilgrimage...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He does indeed have multiple views but I guess if he & his fans want to try to do what Tattlers do then they too could join the dots. I wouldn't view any of his stories just in case. As you say viewing of his photos leave no trace.

DON'T click on his stories if you don't want him to see you've peeked.
But most people are clued up enough to have more than one account. Their real account for family and friends and their “alternative” account if they want to check things out but don’t want folk know who’s looked for many reasons. I have minimum two of everything and in some cases more than that!!! 😆😆😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I believe they said they had borrowed the car from friend.
:LOL: Must be a great find considering they have been driving it for months and comments were made here about it:LOL:
Isn’t it funny that items are super cheap and expensive cars are borrowed.... By the way is the car a left or right hand drive?

Reactions: 5
Also in Europe there are laws about the ages of the car you drive . I’m not 100% sure it’s French law too but certainly in Germany cars have to be ten years or younger
Have you ever been to France ? 🤣 I drive there in a 70 year old car!
Germany also plenty of older vehicles.

There are laws though about being a resident and driving a vehicle with UK plates.

She is possibly known by the locals as "la dingue" the (crazy one), "la miss".
The youngest ones may call her "la cagole".
At the beginning this word was only used in South of France but is now used all over the country.
Here is une cagole:

You don't need to understand French, enjoy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Busy at work and getting caught up.

Dearest Brenda, step into the light all are welcome.

I cringed when Selmar entered confined space without any safety equipment including tether. But, all hood in the end and Mummy gets antique composted aristocratic poo for the garden.

Regarding sponsored content. STEFFI, get a code (to share to your followers) with your post and negotiate a percentage.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Everything still there. Have a look :)
DamoiseauC said:
If you are interested,
Here's the patreon video of today

DamoiseauC said:
27-01-2021
Thank you very much @Iolander but I can't find the links @DamoiseauC posted anymore. On 27-01-2021 (thread 13 #184):
"They are all on YouTube, just not listed. You have to have the link to see it."
and #188:
" I could post a list of all of them if people would be interested. "
But the list has disappeared.
Sorry for my persistence but I'm trying to understand why I can't find it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She is possibly known by the locals as "la dingue" the (crazy one), "la miss".
The youngest ones may call her "la cagole".
At the beginning this word was only used in South of France but is now used all over the country.
Here is une cagole:

You don't need to understand French, enjoy

une cagole is a vulgar woman (man = cacou) of the South of France (notably mediterranean sea sides cf Béziers), not refined, who does not behave.
Attributes = blonde-haired ( mainly all black hair in South / blonde = magnetic !!), outrageous make-up, gold rings, no slight trait of "élégance" or harmony , noticeable+ poorly-fitted garish outfits, searching distinction contrasting with her behaviour, talking loudly ~airhead

une cagole is a vulgar woman (man = cacou) of the South of France (notably mediterranean sea sides cf Béziers), not refined, who does not behave.
Attributes = blonde-haired ( mainly all black hair in South / blonde = magnetic !!), outrageous make-up, gold rings, no slight trait of "élégance" or harmony , noticeable+ poorly-fitted garish outfits, searching distinction contrasting with her behaviour, talking loudly ~airhead
can translate later if you wish

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you very much @Iolander but I can't find the links @DamoiseauC posted anymore. On 27-01-2021 (thread 13 #184):
"They are all on YouTube, just not listed. You have to have the link to see it."
and #188:
" I could post a list of all of them if people would be interested. "
But the list has disappeared.
Sorry for my persistence but I'm trying to understand why I can't find it.
You give up too easily 😂
The answer lies even in your own message you just posted;)
(copy&paste the list to Word from my message to keep the links just in case)

:LOL: Must be a great find considering they have been driving it for months and comments were made here about it:LOL:
Isn’t it funny that items are super cheap and expensive cars are borrowed.... By the way is the car a left or right hand drive?
Right hand drive car..

Down with patreon - aristocracy, free Quiz for everyone!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I think it may have been mentioned before, but I find Philip’s familiarity quite laughable and a little unnerving! He is doing it more and more. It was first noticed when he mentioned next Christmas- we can do that next year, that’s great idea for next Christmas.... it was the glib comments when opening the sh*te that admirers had sent in!

The China cupboard, as someone has mentioned, it’s as if he if the head housekeeper /butler / owner of the shatoo! He’s making too many decisions. Lalalande spies be forewarned. The latest vlogs are the same - the royal WE is dropped in conversation repeatedly! There was an old UK film called ‘The Servant’ - SJ should watch it!!!!
Yes, but SJ soon put a stop to his suggestion to chip off the cracked render from the outside walls. I found it interesting how she did it though, promising him that as soon as the contractors were booked he would get his wish. She then offered to shake on it. Very odd!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.