The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it refers to the thread title you liked rather than your comment.
I liked that title because it is true that there is a good number of advices for SJ in Tattle comments for improving her vlogs.

Reactions: 6
What I thought was funny with the thread we are now on is I wondered if people who are not from the UK understood what porky pies meant? And if not that it is from Cockney rhyming slang which allegedly came from those who wanted to speak in code to each other so the police wouldn't understand what they were talking about or another explanation is that it was a form of patter between street salesmen. So in this instance Porky Pies = lies.
I love English expressions. For example, one I like is "to tell porkies".

Reactions: 4
1613737148391.png

5 - living at the HMN
5 - travelled from Holland
4 - travelled from Belgium
1 - travelled from London
3 - travelled within locality
? - travelled to party but kept off camera

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Or what you may bring back home...when you have stayed there..bedbugs can go easily in your luggage..and then to see at home, how you get rid of them again..The more i think about it.. the more it disgusts me..And everything is upholstered...you cannot clean a bed like that..
Oh, just take some febreze and you are good to go😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Jamie Oliver was calling his mother mummy in a recent Christmas TV show I watched. I only noticed because I had never heard an adult do that before, apart from SJ.
He mostly refers to him parents as Mum & Dad. Everyone calls their mum - mummy every now and again - usually when they are trying to get in their good books. People who are posh in UK call their mum - mummy. SJ isn't from the right class to do that - another delusion of grandeur that she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.