The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
whist doing some research ...cough :m strolled onto ma pethericks "the Waltons" page

browsing - few comments ..ending with " I say this with the deepest respect......"
telling how they deleted their subscriptions...for sadie
why should Ma Petherick be promoting sadie ..selmar ..marie
when its SIR TROTTERS page .....
thinking to myself ...ma petherick ..you should be on patrol 24 / 7 ;)

getting screenshots ......and pooooof
gone
there was 27 comments ....pasteurised down to 15
heres what i managed
even polite ..constructive opinions
sanitised .....they won't learn ..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: says you...
👏 VLOGGING 👏 ISN'T 👏 FOR 👏 EVERYONE👏

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Different topic. This is something I have been mulling over since the Egyptologist popped up and interviewed the "queen". It occurred to me again watching her talk about how you tube saved me. The stories keep changing. This is the part that continues to puzzle me. How are you depressed when you have the energy, will, and positive spirit to travel, travel, travel, but you are too depressed to work on your home???:unsure: I just do not get it? How does she expect us to swallow this? Then in this latest vlog, the story again seemed to shift to "we ran out of money". It was aaaaaaalllllllll gone. Not a lick of work could be done. 300 thous swallowed into the building envelope of the chateau. What could I do????:rolleyes: The only thing left for me was to draaaaaaggggg my depressed self off on more hols for which I had no money and could barely sustain myself.
Anybody else??? Comments??? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O WTH!!!
If i just had more time which I want to lose with this I would go back in vlog and make a timeline of BS she said, just for fun of it...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Zt
True, even second hand they sell for 900. If she really paid 400 something severe was wrong and needed repair. Maybe there was still warranty and the previous owner didn't want to bother. But I don't thing she is someone to bother to hunt for such a bargain. And you don't find them at brocantes. 😂
There some nonname brands out there those you, can get for 300 in Aldi even
When Selmar made his Christstollen (Christmas Bread) in Nic and Maries kitchen I spotted the LIDL version of Thermomix (Silvercrest) in the background. 299.- € and good reviews. Seems Marie is keeping her money together (we know that Nic doesn't, he's bought a château...)
Screenshot (1216).png
Screenshot (1217).png

Reactions: 17
I will admit seeing them drive a Mercedes was not quite what I expected . But perhaps driving such a car in France doesn't quite mean the same as in the US. It's definitely strange to see how much work their home needs contrasted w their choice in vehicle.
I believe they said they had borrowed the car from friend.

Reactions: 6
Oh yes. It's because of the state of the wooden windows being so bad, flies lay their eggs in them. In autumn, when the sun warms the woodwork, those eggs hatch and then you'll get this lovely scene.
Its appalling this has never been dealt with, I have nothing but disdain for the wanna be princess

If i just had more time which I want to lose with this I would go back in vlog and make a timeline of BS she said, just for fun of it...
Time to set yourself up on patreon & yt, let everyone support your "research"🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Did you find the patreon videos here. I watched the first couple the day they were added and when I went back to finish them, I couldn't find any?
do you mean the patreon videos posted by Ploppityplop2 (not sure it was Ploppityplop2 though)? In one of them there was Davy talking with SJ in the kitchen?

Reactions: 2
What happened? I was going to comment of Gustavo’s photo in his underpants when the posting disappeared....

Anyway I am glad none of my money is spent on these two scroungers!!!
Sorry, I started to panic thinking it was a trap and they were seeing who took screenshots so I deleted my post.

Dani a restaurant in the Four Seasons Hotel
- Green Gazpacho €25
- Dani Rossini Burger €28
- Skirt Steak €30
I didn’t think it’s the ‘skirt’ type of steak those two are after!! 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Somebody is having fun updating the Chateau Shambles website.

I looked at it over the weekend, to refresh my memory about the background puff and guff information. Error message came up per the screen shot below.

Looked again earlier this morning. The "history" page has returned and appears to have undergone a rewrite. I'm sure when I looked at it before it was much longer and included the (very tenuous...it's not as if the Marquis de Nadiallac was sent, on his own, to greet the Dauphin's future wife) connection to the Royal court were cited. Whatever...what's now on the history page hardly sells the place as being of interest. It is also badly and sloppily written. Not what you expect from the pen of an Oxford graduate in, you know, English.

The "about us" page remains the same. Written in the days when the chateau's exposure on ETTCDIY was its infancy, it could do with updating.

Not that this matters, of course. Stephanie has 2500 or so patrons who will be champing at the bit to stay, so she need not worry about marketing B&B at the crumbling heap.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry, I started to panic thinking it was a trap and they were seeing who took screenshots so I deleted my post.
He has multiple views on his IG stories, it's impossible to connect the dots. Screenshots don't leave traces. Just make sure your pseudonym here and your IG name aren't similar.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I looked at it over the weekend, to refresh my memory about the background puff and guff information. Error message came up per the screen shot below.

Looked again earlier this morning. The "history" page has returned and appears to have undergone a rewrite. I'm sure when I looked at it before it was much longer and included the (very tenuous...it's not as if the Marquis de Nadiallac was sent, on his own, to greet the Dauphin's future wife) connection to the Royal court were cited. Whatever...what's now on the history page hardly sells the place as being of interest. It is also badly and sloppily written. Not what you expect from the pen of an Oxford graduate in, you know, English.

The "about us" page remains the same. Written in the days when the chateau's exposure on ETTCDIY was its infancy, it could do with updating.

Not that this matters, of course. Stephanie has 2500 or so patrons who will be champing at the bit to stay, so she need not worry about marketing B&B at the crumbling heap.
And they haven't corrected her father's year of death. Derek died June 2009 (The chateau was bought 2005.) The Nadaillacs didn't own the chateau at the time of Marie Antoinette, so good that story was taken out.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He has multiple views on his IG stories, it's impossible to connect the dots. Screenshots don't leave traces. Just make sure your pseudonym here and your IG name aren't similar.
He does indeed have multiple views but I guess if he & his fans want to try to do what Tattlers do then they too could join the dots. I wouldn't view any of his stories just in case. As you say viewing of his photos leave no trace.

Go to Instagram and click on his pic and it comes up in Stories. He's not actually saying he's in Madrid, it's a pic of Madrid with a heart. Then a pic of a hunky boy.
DON'T click on his stories if you don't want him to see you've peeked.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He does indeed have multiple views but I guess if he & his fans want to try to do what Tattlers do then they too could join the dots. I wouldn't view any of his stories just in case. As you say viewing of his photos leave no trace.

DON'T click on his stories if you don't want him to see you've peeked.
Yes, but as we know, his IG subscribers are here tattling with us, so he can't count them out as possible leakers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And they haven't corrected her father's year of death. Derek died June 2009 (The chateau was bought 2005.) The Nadaillacs didn't own the chateau at the time of Marie Antoinette, so good that story was taken out.
As the saying goes...

"Never let facs stand in the way of a good story"

• Heart
  • Haha

The "History" part of their website has always got on my nerves.

The Lalande aristocrats had to "flee the French Revolution" as if it was the plague. Well it was for some aristocrats of course. 😜

But for other aristocrats who were well respected by their peasants (because they respected them), things went OK. I speak from experience.

The most famous example (that the Americans know well) being Marquis de La Fayette who was in favour of the Revolution.

Their website kept on saying that the Nadaillac fought with "the allies"... (Allies ? From which perspective ?) against Napoleon (they mean "against France ?) and finally returned to France with the new French monarchy ( they mean they could exploit their peasants again ?) as if nothing happened.

Was only a bad dream, daaarling...

Worse (for me, Haha) : when you read their website, you would swear that France is still a monarchy ( no mention that it lasted only until 1848 before the second Republic and later, the second Empire).

Obviously written by a very privileged person.
Ça m'énerve 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I will admit seeing them drive a Mercedes was not quite what I expected . But perhaps driving such a car in France doesn't quite mean the same as in the US. It's definitely strange to see how much work their home needs contrasted w their choice in vehicle.
They mentioned in a previous vlog the car belongs to their friends. Their other vehicles are old and more in line with a scrap heap challenge.

Reactions: 7
The "History" part of their website has always got on my nerves.

The Lalande aristocrats had to "flee the French Revolution" as if it was the plague. Well it was for some aristocrats of course. 😜

But for other aristocrats who were well respected by their peasants (because they respected them), things went OK. I speak from experience.

The most famous example (that the Americans know well) being Marquis de La Fayette who was in favour of the Revolution.

Their website kept on saying that the Nadaillac fought with "the allies"... (Allies ? From which perspective ?) against Napoleon (they mean "against France ?) and finally returned to France with the new French monarchy ( they mean they could exploit their peasants again ?) as if nothing happened.

Was only a bad dream, daaarling...

Worse (for me, Haha) : when you read their website, you would swear that France is still a monarchy ( no mention that it lasted only until 1848 before the second Republic and later, the second Empire).

Obviously written by a very privileged person.
Ça m'énerve 😂
Speaking of Lafayette. The actor playing him in the West End version of Hamilton is a big CD fan and was going to go and stay there as a volunteer!

• Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.