Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’d say she’s flouncing around the local supermarket in her awful inappropriate badly styled ensembles thinking to herself (in that movie in her own mind way) ...they’re all watching me, looking at me, admiring me, thinking how stylish I am, how I can put together a fabulous outfit, how I just shine, I glow, I really do have that je ne ses quoi, I am IT, they’re just a little in awe of me, they’re all whispering “look, it’s her, that aristocrat from England from the Chateau”, look how vibrant she is, how I admire how she throws her head back and laughs with abandon, she is oozing confidence and class... now this is all in the nut jobs head. What the locals are really thinking is - mon dieu, it’s that weirdo from the dump up the road. 🤦🏼‍♀️
What do you mean? Her shopping ensemble was magnetic!
She matches almost everything in the canned foods section.

yellow.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

mrsmoneymaker

Hi everyone!
I'm a long time lurker and former SJ patreon.
I'm a non-native English speaker so please bear with me.
I immediately removed my Pateron subscription after SJ asked whether she should buy a new fridge, a new kitchen sink or tools for Selmar.

I was STUNNED.

A new FRIDGE.

With all the things wrong in the Chateau, (heating system, shutters that are about to fall down on people's heads, pipes leaking all the time), they were thinking about buying a fridge.
Besides, what kind of fridge was SJ going to buy with 10.000€? How much would a professional fridge be?
SJ said that they needed a bigger fridge because they had a hard time storing all the food in there.
And I started to wonder, if you had such a hard time storing the food why didn't you buy the fridge before? why don't you buy the fridge with your own money? They're NOT that expensive! A fridge is not a restoration project, that's not why Patreons donate money!
Moreover, I know that they have a smaller fridge where the sink is, not to mention the other fridges in the other apartments. So I can't see what the problem is, really. Just take the one Potts is not using and put it in the main Chateau. There, problem solved.

Luckily the Patreons decided to vote for Selmar's tools.

And then SJ started talking about building a SWIMMING POOL.
I was done!!!

I became a Patreon because I love chapels and I do donate to various organizations that help restore old depleted chapels. The chapel was the main reason why I donated. But everything else was just too much.
Since nobody really knows how the money is spent and because I didn't agree with what SJ was doing, I decided to remove myself entirely from the situation. I don't want to fund anybody's lifestyle or ambition.

Also, what happened with the money that Michael Potts paid for his share of the Chateau?
SJ is crying on youtube saying how poor she was and yet, in 2019 Potts MUST have given them AT LEAST 250.000€ for his share. What happened to that money? Why didn't they invest it back into the Chateau?
They only spent 300.000€ on renovations, which is a ridiculously low sum for such a big old house.

Anyhow, I just want to say that I cannot stand Marie and her stupid flower arrangements. The decorations she did for the Christmas table were absurdly humongous and SJ didn't help with her fake "aaaaaahh" "wooooow" and "paaaarfact".
She's so bland and boring, I can't believe there are people that willingly follow her channel/IG.
She pretends to be nice and good all the time but sometimes you can see her real personality shine through. Not to mention how unprofessional she is. SJ wanted red bows in the Christmas wreath and nope, she didn't put any in it. And that wreath was so bland and awful.

Anyhow, enough for today, sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Mummy Dearest

That's called showbusiness, others call it acting.
Everything about her is an act (manipulation). The newest vlog was the ultimate act. Everything was regurgitated from previous vlogs, (poor memory, my ass), with the exception of the inheritance. It was nothing more than a ploy to reel in new viewers for Patreon and passive-aggressively answer tattler questions simultaneously.

Everything about her is a character. Did she always speak so posh or is it an Eliza Doolittle situation where she learned to play the part to sound higher class than what she was? An adult calling her parents Mummy and Daddy tells me she refused to grow up and possibly used it as a way to get what she wants. IDK, is that a common British way to refer to parents? In the US, it’s uncommon for an adult to call their parents Mommy and Daddy (you’d probably get laughed at or side-eyed). She’s constantly putting on a one woman show for the camera and everyone around her. I’d be exhausted being around her, I get exhausted just watching the vlogs. She’s like a hyperactive shih tzu that runs around yapping and jumping on people for attention. The only way to shut her up is to put a drink in her hand and distract her with something shiny.

I just don’t get an ounce of authenticity from her, always has to be the loudest, always the most adored, and can’t seem to let anyone else shine. She lacks humility and compassion. Has anyone ever seen her pet Diesel? Thinking about it, I don’t believe I have. When has she done anything for anyone else that doesn’t directly benefit her? Does she have real friends or are they friendships of convenience? Surely she would have attempted to risk COVID to see her BFF, MPK. But instead she risks COVID to visit Anna and Philip? All because Marie wants to take them flowers? I would have put my foot down and said “I haven’t seen my BFF in months because of COVID, I’m definitely not traveling to a strangers chateau because you want to take them flowers”. But not SJ, the visit was for content and cross promotion. I don’t even think her and MPK are as close as they want us to believe. Friendship of convenience, when they are together, they each get content and cross promotion.

Every move is calculated and motivated by one thing...money.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Before SJ became the yt sensation she now believes she is, she was dreaming of a becoming a Moviestar. Check out this clip from a movie shot at the shit-show-shat-o in 2014, titled The Mutterer, when she was still under the impression she was going to star at the red carpet in Cannes….

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Gibson

VIP Member
Perhaps it was the story line sj gave him.

I found him annoying but only because his English made it hard to understand. He was more talented than the current ones. Perhaps not as popular because of his looks and not having a face for telly / YouTube.

he was young but I’ll advised and then he got bullied by a bunch of super fans. I feel sorry for him.
He was a bit of a grifter as well. Pretty sure they all have a grifting script at times.
Grifting bingo:
All of your donations allow me to buy-
A) A drone
B) A special microphone
C) A new camera
D) A new laptop
E)A professional editing package
F) Allow me to film content
G) A life I never dreamed of
H) travel and film
I) A new car
J) oh please don't send any gifts we don't ask for them
K) New tools
L) A new kitchen
M) spode
N) more bloody spode
O) toile de jouy
P) Expensive trips on the pretense of work to wherever I fancy...thank you so much
Q) Clothes from designers I've never heard of
R) parties...obvs filmed for content so it counts as work
S) Another drone cos I smashed the first one
T) kitting out a kitchen
U)copper pans
V) expensive cutlery
W) more bloody spode-please send as I break things
X) plumbers
Y) garden mowers which are expensive you know
Z) hire people to work for me...I'm exhausted
Oh and start again
A)personal trainers
B).bore us to bloody death moaning about lack of money when it's given on a plate
C) special round light for close up and reflecting off makeup

Have i missed anything?
Feel free to shout Bingo when you have a full house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Jeeves

VIP Member
Dan the gardener's vlog was quite a sweet and unpretentious vlog of a family Sunday. The supermarket trip showed some of the prices and variety of wine and cheese, which was a little more interesting than SJ's pointless trip.
It was nice to see the family stopping off to see the wolf park, even though it was closed due to Covid, but I have never heard SJ mention this and it is clearly in her locality.
His videos always seems less contrived than any of the others. They are certainly not polished but that makes them appear a more genuine version of a young family making a life in France.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

MojoDublin

VIP Member
dB rides into town
guess there will be no G-2021 summit talks
with the influence- shit - errs

In Our Humble Opinion

badge icon

Rising star
· 2h ·

I want I want BUT I don't want to work..who created the white elephant??
Have I lost the plot...is my head so far up my bottom it would take surgery to retrieve it..am I in a time capsule....help me people because I am in a state of confusion.
We live in a world of constant change, discoveries, improvements etc.
But, not all change is good.
When did we stop teaching our off spring about "work", good old fashioned work..you do a job & get paid. You then use that money to budget & create a lifestyle that matches your income. Where & when did this pattern alter?.
I went to France in Sept 2020 just before we went into lock down here in Ireland, I quarantined for 2 weeks before I left, I took every precaution possible when I was away & spent most of the time on my own the rest socially distancing, I quarantined on my return & haven't left the house since. If we all do our best hopefully we can protect the more vulnerable in our society from covid.
We have seen in the media the public & government back lash @ " influencers" who have swanned off to sunny pastures to influence us. I would have thought by their title that they should be influencing on a more positive note.
I understand when you are an influencer you do collaborations with companies...but we are globally in a pandemic is now really the time...I couldnt believe that one of the vloggers we review here has gone to Madrid to do what I can only describe as some sort of swim wear promotion!! I got several DMs today about it.
What white elephant have we created in the room...we, society are responsible., we have fed this monster allowing the greed arrogance selfishness to grow. By our support of these influencers we are enabling this style of attitude where they believe they are better than us, we are merely "fans without opinions". I am all for helping anyone get started & I respect anyone who tries to push themselves.....BUT I can not support life styles & social ambition. I wouldn't support my own family in such endeavors I'm certainly not going to help a "stranger".
I believe that once an influencer gets their channel monetized they should be on their own two feet. That way they will have a reason to get out of bed in the morning, a reason to think about content etc. If they build up a good following they will receive over €10k+ per month which is a good salary in any country. What incentive do they have if their bank balance is stuffed every month with donations. Would we not be better to help new start ups or other organisations who are trying to improve the lives of those who are suffering..water education health etc. Surely this is better.
If an influencer has a "project" that can be looked at differently.
I couldn't believe when I was sent a copy of an amazon wish list than an influencer had compiled...I didn't know that these existed. I had heard about it on 1 other occasion but assumed it was something the person had put together themselves. How naive am I?..it's like a wedding list...there was all sorts on it from food mixers..fancy light bulbs..fancier trainers..smeg food mixer..hello??? I joke you not, if 1 of my sons or grandchildren done that I would be motified...I would want to find an extremely large hole & throw myself in it! Is there no end to this epidemic of expecting others to finance your lifestyle??
God bless us thats an awful ramble, but I needed to vent thoughts..tell me am I on my own with these opinions

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Mrs O

I have finally watched the latest vlog of ‘You tube saved my chateau’. I have to hand it to SJ that she has a marvellous spy network - CIA/M15/6/Mossad would be proud to have these agents! Almost all the queries we have made she has addressed - almost!
* She still hasn’t answered why didn’t she get a job to help with renovation work - like a lot of other chateau owners have done or are still doing - after her father died and she has spent her inheritance? Her mother (and Percy) were at lalaland in the summer to oversee the B&B she she was surplus to requirements.

To clear up a few questions from previous pages that I have just read:

She didn’t have to pay for her tuition at Oxford. When SJ attended tuition was free, She needed finances for accommodation, food, clothes and of course drink!! Which I assume her parents paid for unless she managed to fiddle a student grant (which you didn’t need to lay back).

Inheritance gifts - are taxable in UK - unless seven years elapses before the death of the donator, Her father’s gift of a flat (after she sold her original one) would also attract tax. As she’s never worked he must have also bought her the first flat.

As someone has already pointed out, most of her vlogs could be recorded using a tripod - cheaper and quieter than present camera person.

With the money now being generated she could have a professional person edit the vlogs. She just sends all the recording online and they could be professionally edited, getting rid of unwanted background noises (snorting etc,) and proper music, intro etc. There wouldn’t be all the jerking of scenes in today’s vlogs. She would then have more time to work on the renovation of her chateau!

If MPotts bought into the Chateau for £300k in 2019 where’s the money? Why hasn’t she used that for repairs/renovations etc. Or was that all spent on holidays / clothes and even more holidays?

Quoting British ‘country houses’ as an example!! They are real historic buildings/castles with hundreds of rooms and priceless real antiques and paintings. They are not a summer house filled with furniture/carpets/crockery from second hand shops and junk stores! No comparison SJ I’m very sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member

In this exclusive video (shot by expert filmmaker ‘Cameltoe’ Philippa), fausse-blonde Jarvis – whose consummate acting skills enable her to keep a straight face throughout the performance – plays the part of a struggling shatelaine (herself) who, having been in a fifteen-year coma, wakes up to discover that she’s living with a load of strangers and that her shato is literally falling to bits in front of her eyes. The shatelaine, known by the locals as ‘la folle du Château de la Fleur Fanné’ (fleur fanné in reference to SJ, if you hadn’t guessed) and by her patrons as the Magnetic Lady, had to be dragged away from a large box of chocolates and out of her bed for the performance. In temperatures well below zero, she explains how she blew £300k on some wallpaper and a heating system that’s never worked. She then explains how her mother met the wonderful Percy after her daddy’s death (relieving her of the burden of having to look after her mother in later years) and how her fear of work (it is rumoured that the mere mention of the word is enough to send her to bed for a week with a fever and terrible migraines) forced her to overcome her ‘shyness’ and launched her on the path to YouTube stardom. Fighting off tears, the shatelaine tells us how Covid put an end to her holiday lifestyle and brought her to the brink of financial ruin, and how the precious Patreons saved her from having to sell her flat in London, her only source of income because she doesn’t work. As thousands of students are queuing up for food in Paris, the shatelaine – wearing boots that even royalty couldn’t afford – tells us that the shato’s a bottomless pit of expense and that no amount of investment will ever increase its value or move its location. She also explains that she spends 70 hours a week editing videos – a full-time job (largely because Jarvis isn’t always able to keep a straight face and the scenes have to be shot again and again).

An Oscar-worthy performance by Jarvis, who succeeds in playing the role of a shatelaine struggling to convince herself that she is neither a lazy scrounger nor excessively greedy.

Obviously written by a very privileged person.
Ça m'énerve 😂
You must remember that SJ, who lives in a monument shitstorique, is a member of the aristescrocuerie 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
What a treat, to have our shittelaine herself reveal her amateurism and level of idiocy when it comes to the outdoors, and thus record the evidence for all of her patreons to see: they might as well dropped their money in that dirty rotten moat of hers to begin with. There’s no plan, no real vision when it comes to gardening, but she tries, right? And gets praise for it, even here, with us critical tattlers, because we love for her narrative to be moving to the garden, where there’s still hope that could turn into something we might like. But that’s what it all is, a narrative, and getting praise for even getting out of bed is what she’s used to. Her throwing in some seeds is a pathetic attempt to tell Dan he should work harder so she doesn’t have to come and interfere. Run, Dan, run. She is trained well by her mother. I know everybody believes IJ is a true gardener, knowing exactly what she’s doing, but again: all for show. Even with all the efforts put in by many (the hired gardeners, lots of volunteers and even my friends, who at the time knew nothing about gardening but now run a truly working veggie-garden) the garden still looks like a mess and not just in winter. IJ has been there for 16 years now, was much younger then, so if she knew what she was doing, there would have been a year-round-producing garden by now for sure. Their actions, if they do amount to anything, are always meant to lure in others to take over and do the work for them, only to start all over when those "volunteers" leave. That's the real reason there's been no real progress.
During one of my visits to the shit-show-shat-o I was appalled to see Percy walking around in shorts, his legs and arms covered in very bad ulcers (he has some kind of hemophilia), but yet working heavy maintenance. I asked IJ about it, saying that poor man should just enjoy his pension, and all she said was (imagine the accent) “I told him, but he insists on helping me.” Right. I hope they stay in SA, where he only has to help one of them and his own children can keep an eye on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
To come back to the things that really interest us... Lokigate is scandalous and I am stunned that he is actually being encouraged by the community. One of the commentators (I saw a glimpse of a lifechat and had to read as I could not believe my eyes) said "We love you, Loki.." "Just be yourself..." That was not even BJJ but a total stranger enabling him. And that is what they call a supportive community?
It's the community's pseudo-tolerance. It's their way of making LokiCleveland, being a gay man in his 60s, feel "loved and respected." I can't imagine the same people who "tolerate" LokiCleveland's smuttiness on the live chat if he were to say the same things he says to Philip to their children.
Philip, if you're watching this, your pseudo-tolerance is what pollutes the live chat.

As a man born and raised in NYC, I have had to face so many LokiCleveland-like characters who would say something inappropriate to me under the guise of "we throw the line at everyone and catch whoever snatches the bait." I learned how to fend for myself against LokiCelevland-like creatures. A few years ago, I told a 30-ish looking man who said something inappropriate: to me "I'm 16 and my dad's a lawyer...unless you want to spend Christmas in jail, shut it!" That is why I always get worked up when it comes to LokiCleveland! He sounds like the kind of monster who goes online to ensnare teenage boys! Yeah, Loki you belong in jail.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
So looks like they are going to run an in-house volunteer program. Can’t imagine this going well...
I find this to be extremely disturbing. Nati’s ‘we are not working with that platform anymore’ is certainly hiding the real reasons for that break-up, being SJ's contempt for their rules. Nati should be very aware SJ’s friends still refer to the current bunch as ‘her slaves’ and ‘her minions’. A new in-house volunteer program would mean the ultimate freedom for SJ to rewrite the rules and regulations, all in her own favour naturally.
SJ claims her ebegging has allowed her to create ‘jobs’. She should ask her bff Dana about that, who works for the local unemployment agency. Maybe she should also explain to her why she’s not hiring locally, including for the gardening and the construction work. She claims to be all in on French heritage and to speak the language fluently, yet she seems to have an expat like aversion of anything and anyone truly French and refuses to invest locally. That will not give her a long standing with the authorities.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

stefanieeee

Different topic. This is something I have been mulling over since the Egyptologist popped up and interviewed the "queen". It occurred to me again watching her talk about how you tube saved me. The stories keep changing. This is the part that continues to puzzle me. How are you depressed when you have the energy, will, and positive spirit to travel, travel, travel, but you are too depressed to work on your home???:unsure: I just do not get it? How does she expect us to swallow this? Then in this latest vlog, the story again seemed to shift to "we ran out of money". It was aaaaaaalllllllll gone. Not a lick of work could be done. 300 thous swallowed into the building envelope of the chateau. What could I do????:rolleyes: The only thing left for me was to draaaaaaggggg my depressed self off on more hols for which I had no money and could barely sustain myself.
Anybody else??? Comments??? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O WTH!!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

NorrisCS

I've just watched the Pethericks latest vlog.
Is it a bad sign that I found it much much more interesting than Lalande's latest vlogs ? 😂
PS Gwen is definitely pregnant.

Re. Lalande. The local staff at this small and rural supermarket (Intermarché) must not be very impressed to see the Lalande gang arriving five minutes or so before the supermarket closes, on a Sunday morning.

Supermarkets in France are not all open on Sundays. And when they are open, it's only until midday or 1pm usually.

Imagine how the staff can welcome those who arrive just before they can go home and enjoy what is left of their Sunday with family.

In one of Stephanie's recent vlogs, I was wondering how the locals "see" her when she goes shopping dressed in her very long coat made in tapestry, with her high heels...or with a flashy yellow jacket matched with an awful yellow bag held by a huge chain.

Remember : this is a small supermarket in a small and very rural town, almost a village.

I would love to hear them speaking of the "Brits of Lalande" 😂😂

Maybe @Clara Burnett could tell us ?
I’d say she’s flouncing around the local supermarket in her awful inappropriate badly styled ensembles thinking to herself (in that movie in her own mind way) ...they’re all watching me, looking at me, admiring me, thinking how stylish I am, how I can put together a fabulous outfit, how I just shine, I glow, I really do have that je ne ses quoi, I am IT, they’re just a little in awe of me, they’re all whispering “look, it’s her, that aristocrat from England from the Chateau”, look how vibrant she is, how I admire how she throws her head back and laughs with abandon, she is oozing confidence and class... now this is all in the nut jobs head.
What the locals are really thinking is - mon dieu, it’s that weirdo from the dump up the road. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Everything about her is an act (manipulation). The newest vlog was the ultimate act. Everything was regurgitated from previous vlogs, (poor memory, my ass), with the exception of the inheritance. It was nothing more than a ploy to reel in new viewers for Patreon and passive-aggressively answer tattler questions simultaneously.

Everything about her is a character. Did she always speak so posh or is it an Eliza Doolittle situation where she learned to play the part to sound higher class than what she was? An adult calling her parents Mummy and Daddy tells me she refused to grow up and possibly used it as a way to get what she wants. IDK, is that a common British way to refer to parents? In the US, it’s uncommon for an adult to call their parents Mommy and Daddy (you’d probably get laughed at or side-eyed). She’s constantly putting on a one woman show for the camera and everyone around her. I’d be exhausted being around her, I get exhausted just watching the vlogs. She’s like a hyperactive shih tzu that runs around yapping and jumping on people for attention. The only way to shut her up is to put a drink in her hand and distract her with something shiny.

I just don’t get an ounce of authenticity from her, always has to be the loudest, always the most adored, and can’t seem to let anyone else shine. She lacks humility and compassion. Has anyone ever seen her pet Diesel? Thinking about it, I don’t believe I have. When has she done anything for anyone else that doesn’t directly benefit her? Does she have real friends or are they friendships of convenience? Surely she would have attempted to risk COVID to see her BFF, MPK. But instead she risks COVID to visit Anna and Philip? All because Marie wants to take them flowers? I would have put my foot down and said “I haven’t seen my BFF in months because of COVID, I’m definitely not traveling to a strangers chateau because you want to take them flowers”. But not SJ, the visit was for content and cross promotion. I don’t even think her and MPK are as close as they want us to believe. Friendship of convenience, when they are together, they each get content and cross promotion.

Every move is calculated and motivated by one thing...money.
The first time I watched her vlogs (almost one year ago !), I was struck by the absence of kids and pets in this chateau - and in her life. It was astounding.

Then, I got used to see Stephanie... and only Stephanie acting in her vlogs, in the centre, always in the centre of attention.

Even when she showed the attic or other rooms, you couldn't help but looking only at her since she was always wearing extravagant clothes and shoes for the situation (high heeled boots and long dress to climb a ladder to get to the attic i.e.).

I started to seriously wonder about her when she filmed herself saying bye to Isabelle at the local airport ("Maman, je t'aime" shouted in public : no, French people don't do this when they're older than 9 year-old).

Recently, my feeling was confirmed when she filmed herself... in her bed in the A&E at the local hospital !

What will be next :
Optician ? (when she kept speaking in English to Philip while the French optician looked after her which is really rude as any people living in a foreign country would know : you always speak in the common language that everybody can understand. Philip understand French. Or you say nothing not to embarrass the others) : Done.
Her GP ?
Her gynecologist ?

Everything is possible !

• Haha