The Chateau Diaries #179 The Patreons came 2x2 and were herded to the pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Cambridges haven't had their Wikipedia pages updated yet...............
That sounds like a lovely memory.

They are now the Prince and Princess of Wales and the Wikipedia pages were updated with the announcement:

ETA: I noticed their Instagram was updated earlier today which is done by their people and not the general public.
Also the young princess and princes are also now “of Wales” on Wikipedia (ie Princess Charlotte of Wales)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It happens with every royal event, however sad. With the sad loss of Her Majesty, there will be remembrance memorabilia. Just as there is the inevitable tat that accompanied the Jubilee, weddings and births and christenings etc within the Royal Family. The Brits, for the most part love the Royal family, not in the least because they help them make money. Even when there's no event to celebrate or commiserate over, there's money to be made from the royals. Everything from palace and castle tours with their gifts shops, to the bloke on the corner selling Union Jack's, the royals are, however likeable or unlikeable, one of GB's greatest assets.
Whenever there is a royal wedding I buy a commemorative tea towel, usually from Cath Kidston as they are more my style. This one I kept for quite a few years before starting to use it but the Harry and Megan one has been relegated to the drawer with old old ones in my utility room that are used for mopping up or things like that.😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Whenever there is a royal wedding I buy a commemorative tea towel, usually from Cath Kidston as they are more my style. This one I kept for quite a few years before starting to use it but the Harry and Megan one has been relegated to the drawer with old old ones in my utility room that are used for mopping up or things like that.😂😂
I still have my Charles and Diana china tea cannister. It's hideous, and probably worth what a friend paid for it back in the day.

• Haha
Where are nursing homes still called "nursing homes?"
In Australia many years ago, the term "nursing home" was deemed as demeaning, outdated and insulting to those aged citizens in care. The law was changed to reflect this and now all such institutions are referred to as "Aged Care Facilities." Some good, some bad and some truly excellent! The one my Grandmother resides in has more amenities than a 5 star hotel - heated swimming pools indoor and out with jacuzzi, two fully staffed restaurants, a cafe, multi-denominational prayer room, fully staffed 24/7 medical centre, sauna, tropical gardens, weekly tours and excursions, vegetable and herb gardens, massage therapy, physio, a small bowling green, Tai Chi classes, various lectures, an art studio with classes, a craft studio with lessons on crochet, knitting, embroidery, sewing and quilting, a hairdresser, small movie theatre, a shop for selling residents art and craft works, and each resident has a suite of rooms. There are two staff to every five residents. My Grandmother's favourite part is the pub, where every Wednesday afternoon, she likes to cheat at cards and other games with other guest resident friends whilst sipping her favourite sherry. One of my Grandmother's close friends, a darling lady but sadly suffering from dementia, thinks she's on a cruise and never wants to leave. Now... picture all this set against Isabelle and Derek's "nursing home" and it'll make you want to weep!
A nursing home in the UK offers nursing care for patients and is far more expensive than a care home where they just need help with daily care. My father was in a dementia care home as he needed help but not nursing until near the end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
In Zimbabwe they once announced on live TV that Queen Elizabeth the Eleventh (Elizabeth II) had arrived in the country. It caused huge amusement.

Erm... Let's put things into perspective. Dan, is/was the gardener until he got infected with vlogitis. Yes he can do basic cooking and everyone is a waiter.
If my gardener started poncing about filming himself for YouTube I'd become fractious. He wouldn't be working for me for much longer.
I believe he had worked as a cook? chef? in a previous job.

That sounds like a lovely memory.

They are now the Prince and Princess of Wales and the Wikipedia pages were updated with the announcement:

ETA: I noticed their Instagram was updated earlier today which is done by their people and not the general public.
Also the young princess and princes are also now “of Wales” on Wikipedia (ie Princess Charlotte of Wales)
According to Murky Meg - Markle beat them to it - well before any announcement. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
According to Murky Meg - Markle beat them to it - well before any announcement. :oops:
Wikipedia edits are easy to verify. Meghan Markle’s page was edited to read “daughter-in-law to King Charles III..” at 18:02 GMT (9/9/22). Whereas William, Prince of Wales page was retitled at 17:08 GMT (9/9/22). Murky Meg is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
WHY AM I NOT HELPING ANYONE SERVE THE GUESTS? I AM INFURIATING.
Not even in my worst drunken stupor! There’s a twinge of cuteness to him, but yuck NO!!! I can’t imagine being as desperate as SJ!!! Try not to judge, but what a sad little woman she is. 🙁

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Thanks @billybudd ! Once again, Fanny is a "Liar, liar, pants-less on fire!" She specifically stated (more than once) that there was no downstairs loo, and that people had to continually run upstairs to use one- when in fact, there were 2 already. (I understand not wanting to let people use the Marquis' apartment one, especially if it is being rented out), but the half-bath off of the Winter salon was never mentioned nor shown.
I think in one flog she mentioned this loo but it doesn't work? Could be wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Any hints as to what the triangular 'thingy' is on the plates?
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere … but can’t for the life of me find where ….. that it’s a potato based thing. Tart/galette/quiche?

I also read that Shrek helped by peeling tons of potatoes - presumably to make it.

Cheap & fairly tasteless I would hazard a guess.

Reactions: 9
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere … but can’t for the life of me find where ….. that it’s a potato based thing. Tart/galette/quiche?

I also read that Shrek helped by peeling tons of potatoes - presumably to make it.

Cheap & fairly tasteless I would hazard a guess.
He was peeling potatoes for their meal -Kat sick chicken pie. This was shop bought

I guess I’m confused too. What happened to playing the recording of Nati, shoving a camera in SJ’s face, buying microphones so they could record everything, and questioning her? I guess if Clara and Isabelle really did go they just enjoyed their day since it seems they didn’t do anything else.
I share in the confusion and even more in the disappointment, obviously I had higher expectations too, but have some patience, please. If I learned one thing from wasting my time there, it has got to be the importance of gathering information before spilling it all. I did not enjoy myself, I can tell you that much. I hated every second there, having to pretend we were at some high brow event. It's my understanding that the recording of the Argentinian Bully losing herself completely was not played at any of the days. When I asked about it, the reason given was that it would not have made much difference with this crowd and to be honest, I agree. These people were not open to anything even slightly critical and the rather small crowd left no openings for more secret gatherings. But fear not, the recordings will find their way out at some point, I'm sure.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
We all go through issues in life, living and learning, do we afford these people the same standards? Is it just because we are watching them go through their learning curve? Their growth? Holy schnitzel, I mean no disrespect, but I don’t think I was as daft as SJ’s dumb arse minions!! 😳😳😳

• Heart
I share in the confusion and even more in the disappointment, obviously I had higher expectations too, but have some patience, please. If I learned one thing from wasting my time there, it has got to be the importance of gathering information before spilling it all. I did not enjoy myself, I can tell you that much. I hated every second there, having to pretend we were at some high brow event. It's my understanding that the recording of the Argentinian Bully losing herself completely was not played at any of the days. When I asked about it, the reason given was that it would not have made much difference with this crowd and to be honest, I agree. These people were not open to anything even slightly critical and the rather small crowd left no openings for more secret gatherings. But fear not, the recordings will find their way out at some point, I'm sure.
Don't be disappointed I think it was a wise decision not making a scene at her shin digs it would have just made the cult rally more. Facts not emotion will be Fanny's undoing and you are going to have it in the press that is the way to go. I am sure you're also disappointed because you had to endure 3 days of the gushing, love bombing Fanny Fans. Tough to take

Reactions: 29
To be fair, there were hardly more Patrons than there were familiars. Supplying something like that should probably be done here. At least it’s anonymous.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I have been thinking and happy to be shut down. Fanny gets a great deal of needed oxygen for her grift from channel 4. I truly believe stage one should be contacting the CEO of channel 4 en masse stating in times of financial hardship for most people it seems morally reprehensible that Channel 4 is promoting a woman who is taking patron money to fund her lifestyle when clearly she is already a woman of means-i.e listing her properties and revenue stream and also highlighting the fact little of Fanny's grifted 000000"s have been spent on what she promised. It is therefore unwise for Channel4 a reputable channel to be promoting someone whose accounts and transactions are somewhat shady. This would make them take note I am certain of it. They don't want their image tarnished by some bit playing being a con.

They are still called nursing homes here in the US as far as I’m aware. And a lot of them are run like Derek and Izzy’s as elderly warehousing. Horrible, one guy here in Louisiana evacuated his nursing homes during Hurricane Ida to an actual, un-airconditioned warehouse and essentially abandoned them there. So many died. It’s terrible unless you have big bucks and can afford specialty care facilities.
Unfortunately a lot are still run as you say in Australia this way. Not a warehouse per se but with institutionalized, inadequate and drug dependant regimes. The lovely situation of a previous poster of her Grandmother's placement is very far from the norm in Australia. In Australia we have abandoned the notion of the family/friends to care at home until the loved one requires 24/7 actual care, now we try to find care for aged or infirmed relatives/friends way before it is actually needed. There are in- home packages available to enable people to stay at home longer but sometimes these are hard to access, and in my experience post hospital care at home is usually a 6 week package. One of the ghastly results of Western ideas is happening in India now where aged care facilities are springing up. Previously the aged were cared for and revered at home, with multiple generations living at home. My personal opinion is until the aged/infirm sector in Australia is not profit driven there will be no change. Mammon and all that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Fanny Fish Eyes just sent an email on Patron and this is the food already plated in the kitchen by Nutti.Truly they plated this so this was all the patrons got I thought it was a buffet but it really was a very very light lunch she is a piece of work.
I still can't understand why on earth they didn't use a catering company. They would have done everything, giving her had the rest of the cast more free time to spend with those who fund her lifestyle. That offering was an absolute insult to all of those who attended.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.