The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must be pretty gullible because I really did expect a proper summer party atmosphere.
I saw this on Instagram earlier today. What a difference, it looks good on the eye and probable tasty. How difficult would it be to have served something like this for a starter.
This chatelaine has an elegance and innate style that fanny can only dream of having! There is absolutely no comparison in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
With the BBC well into rolling coverage & the presenters wearing black tie. Notes passed round in House of Commons & the 2 leaders promptly disappearing during an important debate on Energy supply & prices . All of the main Royal Family members on their way up to Balmoral now … I’m thinking she may have already passed & it’s now all protocol in full swing & there will be an official announcement later today when all the Royal family are gathered together.

I’m not a particular monarchist but this lady has always taken her role & duties extremely seriously & has been a constant for this country for so many years …. needed all the more with the worrying direction our govt is taking. Times are changing massively for UK

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
As we've heard from @Clara Burnett...is there any update from @Isabelle6541 ?? Maybe there today perhaps?
I agree. I thought that she looked so extraordinarily frail when she did actually appear during her recent 70th Jubilee.
A true woman of life-long substance and dedication without a shadow of a doubt.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.
She was on remarkable form in all the footage I watched..for a woman of 96.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I apologize if my comments took this turn today. I hope I didn't hurt anyone sensitivity too much, but the Camilla Ollie thing triggered an old scar and I didn't want that episode would go unnoticed.
What I really wanted to say is, that I was overwhelmed by your kindness, love and empathy and I want to THANK YOU ALL for being the most wonderful bunch of people I ever met!

1662648375845.png

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'd be interested in what you think would have been an appropriate presentation business-wise. The sad and cheap is overwhelming, down to the ho-made gift boxes, anonymous sticky back name tags, and the stool Amaury the Waiter, in his tank top, with his armpit hair waving in the breeze, placed the croquembouche on. Again, you could not have made more tragic, monstrously disrespectful, clown-like choices, all shouting defund me, if you were trying to. And for the gaga, at least, she does it with impunity.
Forgive me, but this is the tiny version of the clown-like Trump having nuclear secrets unlocked at Mar A Lago. It's apocalypse in a teacup, absolute lawlessness.
Yes they have so many lovely tables or even a trestle table with a nice tablecloth and an assortment of tasty desserts ( easily obtainable in France lol ) as well as the sticky croquembouche hope no hairs got stuck in it 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I am certain that you and he consider that such an honour. I certainly would. ❤
It is, of course, inevitable for everyone on this earth but at the same time, so exceptionally sad to contemplate HRH. :cry:
As I assume most Commonwealth members here have, I have been an Elizabethan my entire life.
Unfortunately I can’t imagine his main employer giving him leave to be able to do this.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
With the BBC well into rolling coverage & the presenters wearing black tie. Notes passed round in House of Commons & the 2 leaders promptly disappearing during an important debate on Energy supply & prices . All of the main Royal Family members on their way up to Balmoral now … I’m thinking she may have already passed & it’s now all protocol in full swing & there will be an official announcement later today when all the Royal family are gathered together.

I’m not a particular monarchist but this lady has always taken her role & duties extremely seriously & has been a constant for this country for so many years …. needed all the more with the worrying direction our govt is taking. Times are changing massively for UKL
Oh my goodness, I had no idea. Sounds serious. :cry: Puts everything else into perspective....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Congrats @M&MsMom on your VIP!!!!
🎈🎈🎈🍾🍾🍾
No way! I didn't even realize it......thanks to you and all of the others here who make this site the joy that it is. We are all VIPS in my eyes....and I learn so much from each of you. While Lalande brought us here and unites us, I like to feel that kindness and caring also rule the day, no matter our differences in thought or life experience!

@The Simple Life - I appreciate you and the story you shared and I am sorry about the passing of your son. We never know how our words and actions can affect someone else; your story is a reminder about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
After midnight here and just about to go to bed .

Prayers for the Queen...... the Most Hardest working person in the World.
How she has done it day in and out is just incredible !!
I hope she is resting well with all the family members she likes around her.
Fair winds and following seas, ma'am.

If I walk in the pathway of duty
If I work 'til the close of the day, Lord
I shall see the great king in all his beauty
When I've gone the last mile of the way, Lord, yes sir
When I've gone the last mile of the way, oh yeah
I shall rest at the close of day
For I know there is joy awaiting
When I've gone the last mile of the way
If I were, for Christ to proclaim the glad story, oh Lord
If I see for his sheep who gone astray, oh Lord
I am sure he will show me in his glory
When I've gone the last mile of the way, oh yes
I shall rest at the close of day, oh yeah
For I know, there is joy awaiting

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Who’s to say she’ll get past the gates so to speak. This world could learn a vital and most excellent lesson from HM, duty is important along with thinking of others first. I’m afraid the concept is going to die with her. I would imagine she is looking forward to seeing her Philip again.🥺
I quite liked Phil the Greek. I liked his snobby belligerence and his wicked sense of humour. Even his frequent massively inappropriate faux pas could sometimes make him appear endearing. And there was something quite human in his missteps. It was like omg, he's put his foot in it again and everyone would have a laugh about it. He was a gentleman but he was his own man and no apologies - and when he thought protocol be dammed, it was well and truly dammed. As a couple, he was the balance that made her upright and correct royalness very approachable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

That’s beautiful 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
and people pay how much a month to watch drivel like that, reminded me of boarding school on a Saturday night. They are how old?
Sadly you can see she’s so excited in the little dancing video. It’s probably the most of fun she’s had in years. She hasn’t had work colleagues, friends to go do things with, etc. in her home life until recently. It’s probably why she’s always running off somewhere. Her home life in the dump was actually pretty lame and sad before she got her hands on some money and tv exposure. It’s still lame and sad now but at least there are some people there.

• Sad
I hate this about the media... the intensity and speculation during a tragic situation. Yet, we watch and wait for updates. I think we have been numbed to other people's grief and misfortune because there is SO MUCH OF IT broadcast, day in and day out. Some days, I don't feel proud to be human. I was watching a program on the History channel to do with the Roman Colosseum--what horror people inflicted on other people (throughout history)! And we still do this today (well, it's a minority--I gotta believe the majority wouldn't cause suffering and death to others). And now, this family is coming together to be with a much-loved monarch/mother/grandmother who is not well, and we have news stations suspending all broadcasting for what... a death watch? These reporters are digging up anything and everything to fill the airspace while we wait for her to die? It's quite disturbing. Best wishes to the Queen and her family. I hope she rallies. ❤
I hope she is allowed to go home, if she wants to.

A quick note to tell y'all I'm still okay. Tired to the bone, but okay and comfortably disguised. To be among these people, trying to communicate, takes a strain on every fiber of my being in a way I couldn't have foreseen. I keep having to pinch myself to accept it's real, they are real and even more crazy then I thought. A little tease to divert the hunting: there have not been many photo's released yet, but I am in (at least) one of them! Happy hunting, Stephanie, but remember: it ain't over till some lady sings. God, I hope it's not going to be you. My poor ears.
Sometimes I am shocked at the ability of my withered black heart to be outraged. Then I think, no, it means that despite all evidence to the contrary, you're still human.
Gentle pinches, and vaya con Dios, compadre.

Reactions: 12
I hope she is allowed to go home, if she wants to.
Maybe I'm heartless but when someone reaches the age of 96 and is tucked up in her lovely cozy bed with all their family on their way to see them then what better way to go? If the BBC - the state broadcaster had been putting out normal output they would have been slated. Instead they are being slated for being respectful - all reporters dressed in dark suits & sending all respects to the family & the Queen. They wouldn't be doing this if they had not been given very good information that she probably has not got long.
She is at home. Well one of her homes. Balmoral is her summer home. - she normally stays on the estate throughout August and September.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Thank you for posting this as a tribute . Beautiful lyrics, and heaven only knows, our Queen has done her very best. I think she is coming to the end of her road on earth. She can join her beloved father, family and especially her Prince. What a spectacular monarch and human being. Thank you Her Majesty for everything. Gold Bless Our Queen

• Heart
Reactions: 18
From a business perspective, Stephanie blew it big time! The whole event looked sad and cheap...not great advertising for bringing in new top tier patrons. She missed out on tons of content for YT, she could've easily, months in advance, engaged her audience with bits and pieces of what to expect. If she had put something together similar to this picture I'd be impressed, instead she showed us a true reflection of her inner self.
Bullseye 🎯

Reactions: 12
No way! I didn't even realize it......thanks to you and all of the others here who make this site the joy that it is. We are all VIPS in my eyes....and I learn so much from each of you. While Lalande brought us here and unites us, I like to feel that kindness and caring also rule the day, no matter our differences in thought or life experience!

@The Simple Life - I appreciate you and the story you shared and I am sorry about the passing of your son. We never know how our words and actions can affect someone else; your story is a reminder about that.
Thank you so much, this is why I wanted to share it.

And Congratulations for your VIP status! ❤ 🍾 🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good morning all! I finally got caught up on the comments. Woke up to news of The Queen. I'm not British, but like many Americans, I admire The Queen so much! She has lived an extraordinary life of duty, grace, discipline and faith. I'm not a Christian, but I have read that she is very religious, and I'm sure this belief has been a great comfort to her. There will be no other like her. I send positive thoughts to all her family, whether I personally like them or not. Losing one's mother is very difficult. It's the end of era for the British Crown.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.