The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Queen has gone downhill so much since Phillip died and then she has had to contend with bloody Andrew and selfish Harry and Meagain. She is probably just worn out, she is 96 after all and what is there left for her? I am not a Royalist but I hate the way the media are like vultures just let her have some privacy it was like when Pope John Paul died via live stream it is awful and a private matter not needing a blow by blow account. The bloody BBC has suspended programming till 6pm to give a blow by blow account and on what? She deserves to at least be given a respectful end and dignity with out these vultures wanting to feed on her carrion before she has even died.
I agree. I thought that she looked so extraordinarily frail when she did actually appear during her recent 70th Jubilee.
A true woman of life-long substance and dedication without a shadow of a doubt.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think the Queen has gone downhill so much since Phillip died and then she has had to contend with bloody Andrew and selfish Harry and Meagain. She is probably just worn out, she is 96 after all and what is there left for her? I am not a Royalist but I hate the way the media are like vultures just let her have some privacy it was like when Pope John Paul died via live stream it is awful and a private matter not needing a blow by blow account. The bloody BBC has suspended programming till 6pm to give a blow by blow account and on what? She deserves to at least be given a respectful end and dignity with out these vultures wanting to feed on her carrion before she has even died.
I hate this about the media... the intensity and speculation during a tragic situation. Yet, we watch and wait for updates. I think we have been numbed to other people's grief and misfortune because there is SO MUCH OF IT broadcast, day in and day out. Some days, I don't feel proud to be human. I was watching a program on the History channel to do with the Roman Colosseum--what horror people inflicted on other people (throughout history)! And we still do this today (well, it's a minority--I gotta believe the majority wouldn't cause suffering and death to others). And now, this family is coming together to be with a much-loved monarch/mother/grandmother who is not well, and we have news stations suspending all broadcasting for what... a death watch? These reporters are digging up anything and everything to fill the airspace while we wait for her to die? It's quite disturbing. Best wishes to the Queen and her family. I hope she rallies. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've mentioned this before, but on my last trip home to Oz, my brother arrived to take me to breakfast. I was delighted with the idea and envisioned some lovely little bayside cafe. But being the joker he is, he took me to Bunnings. I was still delighted! There's just something so essentially Aussie about a Bunnings sausage sizzle that's hard to beat! I ate three, downed it with a Passiona, and came away very happy! I'd still rather eat in the car, parked at a hardware store than eat at lieLande.

For those who don't know what Bunnings is, they are a major Australian hardware, garden center and building supplies merchant with 1000's of outlets Australia wide. The famous 'sausage sizzle' takes place at the entrance and involves an outdoor bbq selling pork sausages wrapped in sliced bread, usually with the option of fried onions liberally dumped on top and smothered with the choice of tomato sauce and mustard. The tented bbq area is set up, not by Bunnings itself but by local institutions (schools, charities, clubs etc) to raise funds for various activities. A symbiotic relationship exists between the store and these fund raisers and it remains a much loved Australian tradition.
Well a trip to buntings has been added to my Australian itinerary.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think you hit it right.....I believe she thinks she is the epitome of elegance and class and that she is putting on the fête to end all fêtes!
That Patron food was really no different than the Easter food, was it? And those people at Easter were here friends!
Congrats @M&MsMom on your VIP!!!!
🎈🎈🎈🍾🍾🍾

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Seems every time Harry and his wife are on the scene, she gets ill... They must exhaust her...

Looks like an old can of paint to stop the door handle hitting the wallpaper... although you can get very nice door stops, 'make do and mend' is our Fanny's motto... save on the little things and splurge on ourselves...
I think it is similar to this one I have to stop my back door slamming shut. Either Aldi or Lidl special.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hate this about the media... the intensity and speculation during a tragic situation. Yet, we watch and wait for updates. I think we have been numbed to other people's grief and misfortune because there is SO MUCH OF IT broadcast, day in and day out. Some days, I don't feel proud to be human. I was watching a program on the History channel to do with the Roman Colosseum--what horror people inflicted on other people (throughout history)! And we still do this today (well, it's a minority--I gotta believe the majority wouldn't cause suffering and death to others). And now, this family is coming together to be with a much-loved monarch/mother/grandmother who is not well, and we have news stations suspending all broadcasting for what... a death watch? These reporters are digging up anything and everything to fill the airspace while we wait for her to die? It's quite disturbing. Best wishes to the Queen and her family. I hope she rallies. ❤
It is the BBC - the national public service broadcaster. They will have been given information that these probably at the Queen's last hours. They have suspended normal broadcasting which is shown as a sign of respect - not ghoulishness. Briefly looking at the output from the BBC it is sombre & respectful. The reporters are not digging up anything and everything - there is a montage tape already made by all major broadcasters which is updated regularly so that should this day arrive they are prepared to put out a story of her life & reign.
What will be happening now is that everyone will being put on standby for a royal funeral, what the protocol is for the broadcasting in the days after an announcement is made. It is hardly unexpected that a 96 year old woman may pass away.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You would hope but no

Jodee Risney
What a hoot!!

4h

Ginger Benson
Hysterical, I was laughing till I cried.... and it amazes me that the Spode is still on the shelves!!

4h

Kimberly Dale
Yay!!! Just hysterical😁 best dance parties are had in your kitchen...I know you're exhausted working so much... but So happy you shared this...Amaury & Natti...😘 so cute...Thank You...for sharing& posting ...XOXO

3h

This one will really make you puke

Camille Winnie
Laughed out loud several times! What a fun video! Loved seeing you and Philip dancing and flirting! We don't usually get to see such personal things and it was just lovely to witness all of it. Kitchen dancing should be a regular thing :). So excited for next week's video about Patron days. Hope to join you next year.

Nancy Jane York
You and Phillip are so darling together and he is sure a good dancer.

2h

Michele Davies
Absolutely the best!

2h

Kimi Gray
Thanks for the good vibes, fun. I dream to visit Europe someday... maybe in the next go around. TY Stephanie for the beautiful post card of your HOME! and the new room is amazing. sending hugs from finger lakes

2h

Elaine Livengood
Laugh out loud hilarious. So much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the fun.

54min

Michael T
That was a really fun look at chateau life on the wild side. I loved it… and talk about laughter, I couldn’t stop! Now it’s past 1 in the morning and I have to wind myself down and dance into dreamland.

50min

Andrés Gayoso Descalzi
What an incredibly joy-filled video! Loved everything about it! Thank you for sharing the joy with us.

31min

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕

Jason Dubey
Wow you guys,...those moves, my God!!...LOL Good times

9h

Monty Stepura
So much fun!! I’m always up for dancing videos. Can’t wait to come and volunteer.

9h

Taunya Henderson
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was lovely!

9h

Kelly Douglas
So much fun!!!

8h

Ami Little
I think I smiled the whole video! Thank you for sharing

8h

wendy welch
How can I double <3 this! What fun fun fun. I wish so much I was there. Please promise you'll have another Patron gathering in the future. Much love to all of you crazy kookie wonderful people! xoxo

8h

Mary Starke
Amazing dance party 🎉💃🕺🪩💃🕺👯‍♂️

8h

Carolyn Padula
Life, love, and laughter in abundance. Such a gift. Thank you

8h

Joyce Burkhardt
Thank you! Wonderful way to end my day. So fun

8h

Sandra Pegum
Great to see such fun and down time xx

8h

Pauline Cassidey
What a dose of serotonin! Thank you🦚

8h

Susan and Matthew Pesselato
I really need to change dish washing soap.....or is it the water over there? so happy you're spending time with the patrons instead of vlogging. Can't wait to see what you all have been up to.

7h

Anna-Marie
What an absolute joy to watch! Love it SO much!

7h

Daniel Hammond
Thank you for the video!

7h

lucia gonzalez
Chloe is hilarious!!!! And so nice to Stephanie relaxing and enjoying the kitchen dancing!!

7h

Lora Sorkin
Hilariously fun video. Marie is priceless!

7h

Catherine McAllister
So much fun! I love the dancing! I received your Patreon thank you note in the mail and the little touches like writing my name at the top, your signature at the bottom, and the spritz of perfume made the note that much more special. xoxo

7h

Catherine S Miller

From patron page today I don't think the cult members think so they loved it

Maria K
Patreon day did not disappoint!!🥰 It was so much fun and very well organized!!!! It was nice to be in a small intimate group of just 6 persons. Chantal & Steven were in charge of moving us from event to event. They were a pleasure to get to know more closely. Chantal was very gracious & Steven so funny!! Meeting & talking with everyone was so much fun!! Also meeting other patreons & making new friends. It felt like we were actually part of life at Lalande for a day. From walking in the woods with Nick, (he is so passionate about his work!!) to having a delicious lunch paired with bordeaux from chateau Lagorce and presented by the beautiful Dana & Guillain (the cute goat cheese man😉). Phillip’s chateau tour & Kirstie’s potager tour were very interesting and fun!! (by the way for all those who have been wondering….Nancy stopped sitting on her eggs after a few days so no new chicks yet🙃) Amoury & Dan made me laugh as they posed for a picture together😅 The paneling for the grand salon is stunning!!🤩 And what a treat listening to a concert from Maria & Cat in the newly renovated marquis salon!! I appreciated being able to relax in the winter salon with our group & chat with Stephanie and the lovely Isabelle. 💖💖 7 hours have never gone by so fast. And we still felt like we wanted more!!!! Thank you again Stephanie, Phillip, Nati & Gerald - very gracious hosts - and thank you to all the rest of the awesome team at chateau de Lalande!!!!😘😘 I treasure the thoughtful gift of Pavlina’s special tea blend & the Lalande lavender sachet!! Not to mention the postcard of Chateau de Lalande with the lake ……..as it should be & will be again!!!!💖💖 In the end, no one wanted to leave……Stephanie…..you only got rid of us because the heavens opened up & heavy rain started right after Michael Potts took the group picture!😜💕
Ah, well that fills us in...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
After midnight here and just about to go to bed .

Prayers for the Queen...... the Most Hardest working person in the World.
How she has done it day in and out is just incredible !!
I hope she is resting well with all the family members she likes around her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My Son works as a part time bouncer/security alongside his main job.
He has just received a message asking if he would be available for security at Windsor and the funeral. He would also need to be available for the dress rehearsal. Apparently the funeral would be 7 days after her death so he would be needed for 12 days. Can you imagine what else is already happening behind the scenes now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I watched it and can't believe how ridiculous SJ is, she dressed so trashy, and her weird laughter is enough to frighten a real man away. The flirting with the Gay Lodger was vomit inducing, the pair are both desperate in different degrees, and deserve one another. Lots of shiny bald spots showing up as well. What a Donut.
Oh please a donut! I love donuts! I won’t be able to look at them again without seeing BJJ. Yuck! On a positive note there may be a silver lining I shouldn’t eat doughnuts!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
From a business perspective, Stephanie blew it big time! The whole event looked sad and cheap...not great advertising for bringing in new top tier patrons. She missed out on tons of content for YT, she could've easily, months in advance, engaged her audience with bits and pieces of what to expect. If she had put something together similar to this picture I'd be impressed, instead she showed us a true reflection of her inner self.
I'd be interested in what you think would have been an appropriate presentation business-wise. The sad and cheap is overwhelming, down to the ho-made gift boxes, anonymous sticky back name tags, and the stool Amaury the Waiter, in his tank top, with his armpit hair waving in the breeze, placed the croquembouche on. Again, you could not have made more tragic, monstrously disrespectful, clown-like choices, all shouting defund me, if you were trying to. And for the gaga, at least, she does it with impunity.
Forgive me, but this is the tiny version of the clown-like Trump having nuclear secrets unlocked at Mar A Lago. It's apocalypse in a teacup, absolute lawlessness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I had to log off after reading this. I was so engulfed with rage & sadness at the behaviour of your narc mother & the devastating effect it had on your son.
Not making it about me but I can see how my narc sister has been with her daughter & also me. People can undermine the effect a narc can have on another person but your dreadfully sad story is proof positive of just how toxic they can be. I cannot think of anything to say which would console you - just so very sad for you.
Thank you so much for your kind empathy. Yes, mine is a horrific story and I could only find the strength to go on for the sake of my other two daughters, who needed me. In fact I always say that I owe them my life. My son's departure was what finally opened my eyes and after that a new path began for me. I funded an association to help other parents who had lost their children this way and to inform parents, teachers, caregivers, peers, about this issue and how to find a way to prevent it.
That helped me very much and, with the help of psychologists and psychiatrists who joined the association, we did a lot of work.
Then I came to know about malignant narcissism and read and studied the subject extensively and I understood everything. Many of the books seemd a stunning accurate description of my mother. It was liberating. I wasn't imagining it had nothing to do with me!
She destoroyed my life, my father's and sisters's life, her own original family. A carnage. And the terrible thing was that very few saw her as who she really was. My father was a very renowed man at international level for his activity and ours was a high upper-class family, so people couldn't believe she would be such a monster. You know, "things like these can't happen in our circle". She was a master in smoke and mirrors.
Now that she's dead the truth is coming to light, and, anyway, I'm writing a book about her.
She makes a wonderful literary subject.
Although according to my age I coulkd be classified as an old lady, I'm not, neither in my mind and brain nor in my physical energy. I have achieved so many things in my life, and still have a lot to do and I have still so many projects to realize.
My life has been and is full, while hers has been full of greed, lies and hatred. She accumulated a lot of money, a good part of which was my inheritance. But what was the use if you live like that?

Some Tattler said before (sorry if I can't recall who it was) that almost everybody came here because of some past issues with narcs in their lives. And I think is true. People like us, who have been scorched by their poison, and have survived, can recongnize immediately another narc. As they are always boringly the same and so repetitive in their behaviour. But they can indeed be very dangerous and need to be stopped.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
My Son works as a part time bouncer/security alongside his main job.
He has just received a message asking if he would be available for security at Windsor and the funeral. He would also need to be available for the dress rehearsal. Apparently the funeral would be 7 days after her death so he would be needed for 12 days. Can you imagine what else is already happening behind the scenes now.
I am certain that you and he consider that such an honour. I certainly would. ❤
It is, of course, inevitable for everyone on this earth but at the same time, so exceptionally sad to contemplate HRH. :cry:
As I assume most Commonwealth members here have, I have been an Elizabethan my entire life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
After midnight here and just about to go to bed .

Prayers for the Queen...... the Most Hardest working person in the World.
How she has done it day in and out is just incredible !!
I hope she is resting well with all the family members she likes around her.
To be frank, she's had a fantastic life, and a very long one. To check out now wouldn't be so terrible, the world has gone to tit and it's not going to get any better, she's lived the best of it, best of times... I really would love for her to become the longest reigning Monarch, she's so close, but whatever will be...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It is the BBC - the national public service broadcaster. They will have been given information that these probably at the Queen's last hours. They have suspended normal broadcasting which is shown as a sign of respect - not ghoulishness. Briefly looking at the output from the BBC it is sombre & respectful. The reporters are not digging up anything and everything - there is a montage tape already made by all major broadcasters which is updated regularly so that should this day arrive they are prepared to put out a story of her life & reign.
What will be happening now is that everyone will being put on standby for a royal funeral, what the protocol is for the broadcasting in the days after an announcement is made. It is hardly unexpected that a 96 year old woman may pass away.
Well, I don't normally check BBC, but I just did and agree that it is sombre and respectful, but they are just repeating themselves (who's arrived, who's expected to show up, a gate opening, a guard standing watch, a helicopter landing...) and one man just said, "We are in a position to, quite frankly, to just having to wait patiently." That's what I meant about "digging up anything and everything" --they are filling air time, waiting. They are speaking now about the jubilee, holding the monarch together, comparing her reign to others, Charles' impossible task as the next monarch--trying to fill her shoes, etc... I know she is very much loved, and people are concerned; I personally just don't care for a blow-by-blow "death watch." It's my opinion, which may not be shared by others, (and that's fine--we don't all have to agree).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.