The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for posting this as a tribute . Beautiful lyrics, and heaven only knows, our Queen has done her very best. I think she is coming to the end of her road on earth. She can join her beloved father, family and especially her Prince. What a spectacular monarch and human being. Thank you Her Majesty for everything. Gold Bless Our Queen
Her liege man. I think she has missed him very much.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I suspect there will be an announcement when her immediate family reach Balmoral - possibly timed for the 6pm news.

Reactions: 16
I think the Queen has gone downhill so much since Phillip died and then she has had to contend with bloody Andrew and selfish Harry and Meagain. She is probably just worn out, she is 96 after all and what is there left for her? I am not a Royalist but I hate the way the media are like vultures just let her have some privacy it was like when Pope John Paul died via live stream it is awful and a private matter not needing a blow by blow account. The bloody BBC has suspended programming till 6pm to give a blow by blow account and on what? She deserves to at least be given a respectful end and dignity with out these vultures wanting to feed on her carrion before she has even died.
As a 50 year old American I’ll never have the same perspective as a Brit obviously, but I am just impressed with how she has handled her duties and life. It must be a huge burden to be born into that, and she always seemed so dedicated. She just always showed up and worked and worked. I know there was privilege and money etc, but look at what people do with those things today. They flaunt their wealth, indulge their own wants, say whatever they want, have breakdowns. She has been a rock. Never let it show. I can respect the fortitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thank you so much for your kind empathy. Yes, mine is a horrific story and I could only find the strength to go on for the sake of my other two daughters, who needed me. In fact I always say that I owe them my life. My son's departure was what finally opened my eyes and after that a new path began for me. I funded an association to help other parents who had lost their children this way and to inform parents, teachers, caregivers, peers, about this issue and how to find a way to prevent it.
That helped me very much and, with the help of psychologists and psychiatrists who joined the association, we did a lot of work.
Then I came to know about malignant narcissism and read and studied the subject extensively and I understood everything. Many of the books seemd a stunning accurate description of my mother. It was liberating. I wasn't imagining it had nothing to do with me!
She destoroyed my life, my father's and sisters's life, her own original family. A carnage. And the terrible thing was that very few saw her as who she really was. My father was a very renowed man at international level for his activity and ours was a high upper-class family, so people couldn't believe she would be such a monster. You know, "things like these can't happen in our circle". She was a master in smoke and mirrors.
Now that she's dead the truth is coming to light, and, anyway, I'm writing a book about her.
She makes a wonderful literary subject.
Although according to my age I coulkd be classified as an old lady, I'm not, neither in my mind and brain nor in my physical energy. I have achieved so many things in my life, and still have a lot to do and I have still so many projects to realize.
My life has been and is full, while hers has been full of greed, lies and hatred. She accumulated a lot of money, a good part of which was my inheritance. But what was the use if you live like that?

Some Tattler said before (sorry if I can't recall who it was) that almost everybody came here because of some past issues with narcs in their lives. And I think is true. People like us, who have been scorched by their poison, and have survived, can recongnize immediately another narc. As they are always boringly the same and so repetitive in their behaviour. But they can indeed be very dangerous and need to be stopped.
I just want to say, that you are an exceptionally, remarkable and extremely strong woman to have come out the other side after what you personally experienced, AND, then went on to use your knowledge for the greater good for others. No mean feat and it must have been absolutely personally doubly heart breaking on many occasions all over again for you to do so too.
Reading your story touched me to my core and I too cried for you and the loss of your son. Words really did fail me. 💕
I have always felt that many Tattlers are here simply because they had previously encountered Ns in their own lives - true integrity and justice are very high on my list of anybody being tolerated within my life these days - actions speak far louder than any words uttered, no doubt about it!
Once truly bitten, we recognise the signs/red flags and behavioural patterns all too easily once we have educated ourselves, gone through some kind of therapy (a given) and, at the end of all that, are therefore far more aware of the " N-type".
I would be really interested in your book once you have completed writing please.
I personally know an author of 2 books published by an internationally, well known publishing house (from memory, Penguin), of his own personal experience on the subject. No way on an academic level, but truly enlightening for anybody at the very beginning of their N awareness journey, e.g. constant denial, giving multiple second chances, added to which, the mind blowing cognitive dissonance - you know what I mean!
SJ and IJ are defo classic Ns imho! And, every N in my personal experience, are 100% greedy and materialistic too - just like they are. I have always stated, "what a way to live your life?". Just full of scheming/manipulation and jealousy, lacking in any kind of empathy for others and, most importantly, totally joyless in reality - all the while, they hide behind their public mask!
I have for years thought of N'ism as being truly depicted by Oscar Wilde's, The Picture of Dorian Gray.
All power to you @The Simple Life. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was very fortunate to meet Prince Phillip at Buckingham Palace and was very taken with his mischieviousness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
One of the gurus I read (I have two) says they're all still here with us, in a different plane of existence.
I think this may be true, ever since I dreamed my ex came to me and said, walking away, "I'm going home." Had never dreamed about him, not once, previously. Found out a couple of days later he'd died that night.
Biggest love.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I saw this on Instagram earlier today. What a difference, it looks good on the eye and probable tasty. How difficult would it be to have served something like this for a starter.
Can anyone, in their wildest dreams, imagine Fanny doing this?

Reactions: 11
It is the BBC - the national public service broadcaster. They will have been given information that these probably at the Queen's last hours. They have suspended normal broadcasting which is shown as a sign of respect - not ghoulishness. Briefly looking at the output from the BBC it is sombre & respectful. The reporters are not digging up anything and everything - there is a montage tape already made by all major broadcasters which is updated regularly so that should this day arrive they are prepared to put out a story of her life & reign.
What will be happening now is that everyone will being put on standby for a royal funeral, what the protocol is for the broadcasting in the days after an announcement is made. It is hardly unexpected that a 96 year old woman may pass away.
Whether this is still true in 2022 I do not know.

" “If you ever hear Haunted Dancehall (Nursery Remix) by Sabres of Paradise on daytime Radio 1, turn the TV on. Something terrible has just happened, possibly involving the death of the queen or an untold number of her subjects… Radio stations, especially big ones like the BBC's national pop network Radio 1, are prepared for bad stuff happening: it's called 'obit procedure'. When a catastrophic news story breaks, such as the death of a royal family member, each network has an audience-appropriate mix of obituary music on standby that will 'reflect the mood of the nation', as the internal BBC documentation has it.” – Chris Price, BBC "

Reactions: 10
One of the gurus I read (I have two) says they're all still here with us, in a different plane of existence.
I think this may be true, ever since I dreamed my ex came to me and said, walking away, "I'm going home." Had never dreamed about him, not once, previously. Found out a couple of days later he'd died that night.
Biggest love.
I agree with your statement. My mother's presence is stronger in my life now than when she was physically here. It's different though. She's so much more than my mother, she's a part of the ever expanding universe as we all are. I take great solace from the teachings of the Buddha even though I never refer to myself as a Buddhist. We are and always will be. That's just my personal belief system, not for everyone, that's fine. To each his/her/undeclared own.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just announced that Harry's wife will not be joining the family at Balmoral today. I don't believe that she'd be welcomed , especially at this time.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I suspect there will be an announcement when her immediate family reach Balmoral - possibly timed for the 6pm news.

It's a very difficult situation in today's world of instant news - or the expectation that everyone should know everything immediately - because it's not just the drawing to an end of a beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother but also the death of the Sovereign. I believe there is a convention whereby governors general, prime ministers of Commonwealth countries (dominions , etc and also even those nations which have become replub!ics) need to be informed before an official announcement is made.

It does feel as if a chapter is c!osing and it saddens me immensely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Just announced that Harry's wife will not be joining the family at Balmoral today. I don't believe that she'd be welcomed , especially at this time.
Kate hasn't gone either..maybe they're both looking after their children perhaps? Or maybe not enough room in the plane for them all.
ITV have now suspended normal programming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Thank you so much for your kind empathy. Yes, mine is a horrific story and I could only find the strength to go on for the sake of my other two daughters, who needed me. In fact I always say that I owe them my life. My son's departure was what finally opened my eyes and after that a new path began for me. I funded an association to help other parents who had lost their children this way and to inform parents, teachers, caregivers, peers, about this issue and how to find a way to prevent it.
That helped me very much and, with the help of psychologists and psychiatrists who joined the association, we did a lot of work.
Then I came to know about malignant narcissism and read and studied the subject extensively and I understood everything. Many of the books seemd a stunning accurate description of my mother. It was liberating. I wasn't imagining it had nothing to do with me!
She destoroyed my life, my father's and sisters's life, her own original family. A carnage. And the terrible thing was that very few saw her as who she really was. My father was a very renowed man at international level for his activity and ours was a high upper-class family, so people couldn't believe she would be such a monster. You know, "things like these can't happen in our circle". She was a master in smoke and mirrors.
Now that she's dead the truth is coming to light, and, anyway, I'm writing a book about her.
She makes a wonderful literary subject.
Although according to my age I coulkd be classified as an old lady, I'm not, neither in my mind and brain nor in my physical energy. I have achieved so many things in my life, and still have a lot to do and I have still so many projects to realize.
My life has been and is full, while hers has been full of greed, lies and hatred. She accumulated a lot of money, a good part of which was my inheritance. But what was the use if you live like that?

Some Tattler said before (sorry if I can't recall who it was) that almost everybody came here because of some past issues with narcs in their lives. And I think is true. People like us, who have been scorched by their poison, and have survived, can recongnize immediately another narc. As they are always boringly the same and so repetitive in their behaviour. But they can indeed be very dangerous and need to be stopped.
What wise words and what a brave and compassionate lady you are. Yes I recognised the narc traits in Fanny because I have a narc in my life who is always wreaking havoc. I will look forward to reading your book and I am sure through your pain you have managed to help so many othersxxxxxx

On a lighter note here’s part of my dinner, just waiting for Saganaki. View attachment 1564573
leave that tapenade for 2 or three years and then make a salad dressing with it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I know Lady C is not everybody's cup of tea. But it seems it is the end of an era in British history and she has the inside knowledge.

(I know it's off topic, but I would say in this instance it is momentous news, that'll shock the world)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
No way! I didn't even realize it......thanks to you and all of the others here who make this site the joy that it is. We are all VIPS in my eyes....and I learn so much from each of you. While Lalande brought us here and unites us, I like to feel that kindness and caring also rule the day, no matter our differences in thought or life experience!

@The Simple Life - I appreciate you and the story you shared and I am sorry about the passing of your son. We never know how our words and actions can affect someone else; your story is a reminder about that.
At the fish shack, we will be celebrating the hard-working life of the captain of the girl team, Queen Elizabeth, and the ongoing work of joy and kindness we all rejoice in.
Filet of sole Mountbatten was served at the Queen's wedding, its recipe lost to the ages. Let's just call it a la Grecque.

Dubonnet with Gin a la Reine
Miller Lite
Grandmama's Receipt

Eggs with Lobster Mayonnaise, a la Queen Mother
Sheet Pan Filet of Sole Ladolemono a la Philip and Elizabeth
Roasted Potatoes
Greek Salad
Strawberry Bombe Glacee a la Princess Elizabeth

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.