The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with your statement. My mother's presence is stronger in my life now than when she was physically here. It's different though. She's so much more than my mother, she's a part of the ever expanding universe as we all are. I take great solace from the teachings of the Buddha even though I never refer to myself as a Buddhist. We are and always will be. That's just my personal belief system, not for everyone, that's fine. To each his/her/undeclared own.
I for one one love your personal take ….. ‘We are and always will be’ are very powerful words.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Kate hasn't gone either..maybe they're both looking after their children perhaps? Or maybe not enough room in the plane for them all.
ITV have now suspended normal programming.
Excuse me if this has already been addressed, but I read that it's the first day of school for the Cambridge children, so Kate will be with them. Life can be so bittersweet sometimes.

Reactions: 18
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
Cami knickers has always been searching. Her conversion to Islam in her 20s ….

Reactions: 7
Just announced that Harry's wife will not be joining the family at Balmoral today. I don't believe that she'd be welcomed , especially at this time.
MM is utterly selfish, manipulative and mendacious. She has been hoisted on her own petard. Delighted she’s not there to later sell on tidbits of ‘Queen’s last hours with my beloved H’ or however she’d write it. Before any MM fans jump up and down, I used to love her. For a young woman with so much to offer, she has seriously lost the plot. If ever there was a Narcissist - look no further. Anyone wanting to know more about her/ this behaviour might listen to the hilarious H G Tudor … The Ultra. Himself a narc, he explains and analyses her behaviour - he describes her as a mid range Narc. I never realised my ex husband was a narcissist until I listened to H G Tudors amusing podcast. I now understand why whatever I did was wrong, you’re either in or your out - and you will never, ever win.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate ❤
It is hard to understand ED but it’s more than ‘ just a mental illness’ it’s often life and death. Your grief must be enduring but I do hope that the distractions here will give some light relief when needed🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Agree with you thounsand%. The number of summer gardenparty napkin and tablecloths they have bought from Emmaus as well as all the tat they get sent... They could have done easy. And for food - why Mozzarella? What they ran out of French food? Was the local chinease closed? Regional local food, specialities, get the cute goatcheese guy in. bleeping hell get that hunky chef do a whole bleeping deer from Shakespear-land. These guest pay for your extravagant lifestyle - Fanmeister DO BETTER!
I see another thread title...

🧵 These guests pay for your extravagant lifestyle - Fanmeister DO BETTER!

I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
I had an acquaintance with polycystic ovary disease, plump as a child, N mother, five times married. She used to drop this 10-year-old off at OA meetings, which are full of really crazy people, many sexually abused as children. I'm not sure she even gave her bus fare home. My friend is in her 50s now, mother gone, still working this through.
I too was absolutely horrified by Camilla's taunting the children and O. Thanks for making a point of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
MM is utterly selfish, manipulative and mendacious. She has been hoisted on her own petard. Delighted she’s not there to later sell on tidbits of ‘Queen’s last hours with my beloved H’ or however she’d write it. Before any MM fans jump up and down, I used to love her. For a young woman with so much to offer, she has seriously lost the plot. If ever there was a Narcissist - look no further. Anyone wanting to know more about her/ this behaviour might listen to the hilarious H G Tudor … The Ultra. Himself a narc, he explains and analyses her behaviour - he describes her as a mid range Narc. I never realised my ex husband was a narcissist until I listened to H G Tudors amusing podcast. I now understand why whatever I did was wrong, you’re either in or your out - and you will never, ever win.
You see, from the outside it may appear as a joke. Although of a very bad taste. But, as I have explained in another post, it hides some deeper dynamics, which are of a darker nature. It is very peculiar that Ollie, who is supposed to train people on emotional intelligence, takes this as a joke and not as what really is.
he is in fact extremely immature emotionally… ironic. I wonder if he went to boarding school at 7. There is a thing called ‘ boarding school syndrome’.

How much do we love the “I just woke up” vlogs that start out in Steph’s bed?
Jules 100, might I recommend you drag out, at least, a twin size bed into the Tiki Hut at Southernmost Chateau. I think it would be fabulous to open your next vlog from your outdoor bed. Not that I would ever tell you what to do, of course. . . .
Meanwhile, here we are Daze 3 of Patron Daze. Imagine the damp air, the potential cloud bursts as everyone is jammed in the former tomb of the jaguar.
I for one am absolutely dying to see the inside of the Squirrel Shop, curious if Phi is already SOLD OUT.
Onward!
I am bloody hoping someone shop lifts some of the stuff in there !!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Well .... Nasty Natti could have done Security !!! 👮‍♀️
I thought that was why Shrek was there, Bouncer/ doorman?🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m no monarchist but I’ll be sad to see the end of an era, I was 5 when she visited Ottawa Mum and I dressed up to go see the royals and I was sure she waved directly at me. God save the queen, our gracious queen, god save the queen 😞
Not the end of an era. It's the end of the Second Elizabethan Age.
Lady C posted a video announcing the Queen has died. Then, while I was watching it she pulled the video. I'm convinced that she's dead and they are arranging things behind the scenes before it's announced.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
A quick note to tell y'all I'm still okay. Tired to the bone, but okay and comfortably disguised. To be among these people, trying to communicate, takes a strain on every fiber of my being in a way I couldn't have foreseen. I keep having to pinch myself to accept it's real, they are real and even more crazy then I thought. A little tease to divert the hunting: there have not been many photo's released yet, but I am in (at least) one of them! Happy hunting, Stephanie, but remember: it ain't over till some lady sings. God, I hope it's not going to be you. My poor ears.
Yay! All hail Clara @Clara Burnett 😍😘

• Heart
Not the end of an era. It's the end of the Second Elizabethan Age.
Lady C posted a video announcing the Queen has died. Then, while I was watching it she pulled the video. I'm convinced that she's dead and they are arranging things behind the scenes before it's announced.
I wouldn’t be surprised either.

It's a very difficult situation in today's world of instant news - or the expectation that everyone should know everything immediately - because it's not just the drawing to an end of a beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother but also the death of the Sovereign. I believe there is a convention whereby governors general, prime ministers of Commonwealth countries (dominions , etc and also even those nations which have become replub!ics) need to be informed before an official announcement is made.

It does feel as if a chapter is c!osing and it saddens me immensely.
I watched three minutes of the BBC. The screen was literally of the closed gates of Balmoral, 180 seconds of my short life I'll never get back. Nothing else. While the announcers vamped on.
I stopped watching network TV news after the invasion of Iraq. I read three or four newspapers daily. My IQ has skyrocketed and my PTSD plummeted. I'm serious.

• Heart
It would appear that very few of us emerged from childhood unscathed. Some due to family, school, outside influences.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Apparently protocol in the event of HMQ death BBC to be told before public normal programming to be suspended and all journalists to be in black both things have already happened so sadly she may already have passed poor lady.

• Sad
Does anyone else think that the toilet roll holder should be on the other wall? I would find it awkward to reach backwards.

Filthy pigs! Sorry pigs....are cleaner than Fanny and her fans at the shitshow. That floor is as disgusting as the cupboard.

Has anyone figured out what the things are on the bathroom shelf?
I think the’ can’ is loo cleaner. . I hate that modern loo. She went for deco tap and basin and weird modern loo. Still No radiator cover, or lamp as noticed, floor not sealed, and window dressing. What happened to all those cotton panels sent in CADEAU that were so perfect for that window, and the paintwork around the window not done .Nothing gets finished, ever.

Apparently protocol in the event of HMQ death BBC to be told before public normal programming to be suspended and all journalists to be in black both things have already happened so sadly she may already have passed poor lady.
☹🏴

• Heart
Us too, we figured out my ex, boys dad is a narc... I always thought my fight was with an alcoholic, took me over 30 years to realize it was so much bigger...

• Heart
  • Sad
I think so. I think they are waiting for all the immediate family to be present.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.