The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you thinking of saturnine? Or perhaps bathos? It could be simply anti-climactic disenchantment... or melancholia? It's so frustrating to be searching for a word that you know but cannot retrieve. Do let us know if you remember it? :)
I always think of it as being "let down" when something has been built up and expectations are high, and then... it just doesn't live up to it. Here are a bunch of "dis" words you might be thinking of: dismayed, dissatisfied, disappointed, discontented, displeased.... are any of these sounding like what you are looking for (and I'm no Mensa member, but I do love the written word and the English language).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
OMG...... finally my computer is working !!
"Maintenance "... so it was down and I was thinking I have missed all the fun and games at the Farmhouse but......... no-nothing???
No one has shown up??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just for the record, I'm post menopausal and not sensitive about it all! I generally like to use humor when discussing life's less than pleasant stages. It helps me deal with things and not take myself too seriously.
I agree! I’m not talking about the funny posts…even I’ve made jokes about my boobs being way to big now!

I’m talking about using it as an insult. My name Sleeping Beauty is because I don’t sleep now…I’ve hit that insomnia phase…hormones. Ugh. I saw a post where someone was saying Stephanie’s large bosom was due to peri menopause but there wasn’t any humor attached to it. It was meant as an insult. I’m all for finding humor in life…someone referred to their chest as a crumb catcher, and it’s still making me laugh when it happens to me now that I heard that. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'd be terrified to eat anything served out of that kitchen. I've had food poisoning 2x in my life so the lack of proper food storage & hygiene in that kitchen scares the bejesus out of me🤢
When you’ve had a life of car ass bread and expired food, your stomach probably is more acclimated to the LieLande diet 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree! I’m not talking about the funny posts…even I’ve made jokes about my boobs being way to big now!

I’m talking about using it as an insult. My name Sleeping Beauty is because I don’t sleep now…I’ve hit that insomnia phase…hormones. Ugh. I saw a post where someone was saying Stephanie’s large bosom was due to peri menopause but there wasn’t any humor attached to it. It was meant as an insult. I’m all for finding humor in life…someone referred to their chest as a crumb catcher, and it’s still making me laugh when it happens to me now that I heard that. 😂
I haven't slept well in YEARS! I don't know how early you are in the process, but omg. I have been sleep-deprived for so long, I don't even know what it would feel like to go to bed, fall asleep, and stay that way for more than two hours. Crumb catcher... yes. I can relate. I remember my doctor telling me, after a couple years of all the sh*t and asking her, "am I almost done with all this crap?" that,"nope... you are nowhere near done." I'm 63. I just want to sleep again. I definitely do not get disturbed about any of the jokes. You have to be able to laugh at all the crap we humans go through physically or you'd lose your mind. Best to you, Sleeping Beauty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Disappointed. Not a peep about Patron Days. Not one. Oh well.
We’ll it’s 2 am there now. If it was a bust, maybe there’s just nothing to say. If it was a success, maybe there’s some celebratory partying going on. Clara normally gets active at 1-3 am EST.

I did think it strange that Lalande posted these boring pics on their insta today. Potts did as well. Could have been preFiled.

Attachments

Reactions: 20
To all of you well-spoken, articulate MENSA-type Tattlers,
What is the big, fancy, archaic word for that "meh" feeling after the heavy build-up of a big event? I can't recall it; I just know it's not "nothing burger."
Thanks!
Life has taught me not to get too excited or get my hopes up about anything.
“Underwhelmed“ maybe?
😬🤪😜
I like that word!!!

• Haha
So when I saw the Mumsnet post about the shopping list that Fanny had written on the blackboard in the kitchen..I watched the episode..
So apart from the Hitachi Magic Wand..(I mean really - did she actually want that to be seen?)
2 Capybyrae - what are they?
2 lakes with island & 8 Orpington ducks
Swimming pool
Re-surface tennis court
I pack of Berger Blanc Suisses (dogs?)
2 donkeys - mother & child
Maze
She is officially nuts.
Oh for tit sakes… I just Googled Hitachi Magic Wand… I should haves guessed. I’m so disappointed with myself. At least my ads will be more interesting now.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1560438As someone who didn't know much about the brf up until a couple of years ago (became full on royal watcher right before Meghan appeared in scene) I can tell you that the more I learn about the Cambridges the more I like them (and I started thinking pretty ill of them because of the press narrative at the time) and the more I learn about everyone else (except for Anne) the less I like them.

Btw I love Sophie and I'm happy that she has learn from her very serious and problematic mistakes but her number of engagements is basically the same as William, so not that tough 😅
As I pointed out in a previous post. Thank you, I'm well aware of how many fingers are being held up. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
To all of you well-spoken, articulate MENSA-type Tattlers,
What is the big, fancy, archaic word for that "meh" feeling after the heavy build-up of a big event? I can't recall it; I just know it's not "nothing burger."
Thanks!
Life has taught me not to get too excited or get my hopes up about anything.
Anticlimactic?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Le Comte, sorry mate, you've lost me. Nowhere in my rant about policing did I mention wokeness, the lack of it, those making gay remarks, "pumanies" (I don't actually recognise the word) or otherwise. I personally don't like excessive wokeness as I believe in "moderation in everything, including moderation" (to quote Oscar Wilde). I do like to think I have both a sensible heart and mind and I'm extremely open. I also happen to adore you and your posts. Or have I got this wrong and you're agreeing with my entire post on policing? I'm tired, and in a great deal of pain, so it's hard to tell and my brain when I'm in pain develops a thickness I despise. BTW, it's Iolair with an i not an L. 🤗
well..i guess i didnt pointed it out very well...to cut matters short...i agreed with your post...i mean the original one...or i thought at least the one you replied to..maybe i interpreted that wrong..could also be the case....but never mind...Hope you feel better soon😘

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We’ll it’s 2 am there now. If it was a bust, maybe there’s just nothing to say. If it was a success, maybe there’s some celebratory partying going on. Clara normally gets active at 1-3 am EST.

I did think it strange that Lalande posted these boring pics on their insta today. Potts did as well. Could have been preFiled.
Or could have been a wave at Tattle.......as in "nothing to see here"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I haven't slept well in YEARS! I don't know how early you are in the process, but omg. I have been sleep-deprived for so long, I don't even know what it would feel like to go to bed, fall asleep, and stay that way for more than two hours. Crumb catcher... yes. I can relate. I remember my doctor telling me, after a couple years of all the sh*t and asking her, "am I almost done with all this crap?" that,"nope... you are nowhere near done." I'm 63. I just want to sleep again. I definitely do not get disturbed about any of the jokes. You have to be able to laugh at all the crap we humans go through physically or you'd lose your mind. Best to you, Sleeping Beauty.
Early onset peri menopause (back in my 40s). I started taking black cohosh and evening primrose oil for hot flashes and anxiety and the occasional melatonin to help fall asleep. I also listen to guided meditations on YouTube to help me fall asleep…. Let me know if you’d like recommendations…

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am with you girl. I don't sleep well at all. Usually doesn't bother me but still working and knowing I have to get up and have a functioning brain, causes me alot of stress.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Early onset peri menopause (back in my 40s). I started taking black cohosh and evening primrose oil for hot flashes and anxiety and the occasional melatonin to help fall asleep. I also listen to guided meditations on YouTube to help me fall asleep…. Let me know if you’d like recommendations…
I tried black cohosh for peri in my 40s. It made me have a period that lasted 36 days. So we quit with that. 🤣

• Wow
Hmmm....ever get that feeling that just maybe you've been had? I know, patience, patience. Maybe all the tick-tock was meant for us! Time will tell. Meanwhile the chatter has slid into women's middle-age health issues. We must still maintain vigilance!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.