The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Chateau de Shittooville. Six plant pots placed across the top and bottom of the collapsing terrace steps and none of them are the same size or colour. Obviously an after thought by one of the inmates that has a grasp on risk assessments but it would have looked so much better to have matching pots and flowers. Would also have indicated that some forethought and money had been invested into their bit of a do.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Watching one of the videos from CRW: He should give a few tips about beard and hair styling to PhiPhi
Word!

I watched a couple of CRW videos today, too! I realized I hadn't watched any of them since he showed up at Stephanie's Venice costume happy hour! I have to say, without the annoying Celine Dion and Cher references all the time, it's quite watchable. Curtis really looks so much better with short cropped hair and, of course, he always took care of his facial hair.

Reactions: 10
So Chateau de Shittooville. Six plant pots placed across the top and bottom of the collapsing terrace steps and none of them are the same size or colour. Obviously an after thought by one of the inmates that has a grasp on risk assessments but it would have looked so much better to have matching pots and flowers. Would also have indicated that some forethought and money had been invested into their bit of a do.
Oh, but they DID spend time and money into pots and plants for the terrace and house! Don't you remember that riveting episode in which SJ and PJ brocanted (or Emmaüsed) a few planters and then always-serviceable PJ repotted a bunch of dying plants and left them to fend for themselces on the terrace? Let's be fair: if there's one thing they do is pour money into the Dump. To be also fair, it's not their money, and they spend it on the wrong stuff and then arrange said stuff distastefully all over the place, but pour money, they do. Oh boy, don't they just!

Reactions: 21
Ded, completely ded, all six legs waving in the air. Bwahahahahahaha!

He is holding up three fingers in this photograph.
Oh, I'm well aware he's really holding up three fingers 😂 as it was debunked as soon as it hit the presses then reached an audience; but I like that the photograph was taken from multiple angles and was manipulated to appear otherwise. It's just that the image is too good not to be used.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm wondering if Fanny's decolletage dress is vintage Dolce & Gabbana? I haven't been able to find it, but it looks similar to some of their vintage designs. I don't think it's English with that neckline, Italian, very possible! The bodice is supposed to fit very close to the body. It's a cocktail dress.
Look at his Spring 2021 line.....the red dress has a similar neckline but the sleeves are very different. I don't know if Erdem's runway clothing is the same as ready-to-wear.

1662503820271.png

Reactions: 5
Apart from the Queen, who would you keep? To me, the only ones worth a damn are the Princess Royal and Sophie Wessex. Anne I'd keep because she actually works bloody hard and I've always admired her straightforward belligerence. Anne isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. And the Duchess of Wessex because her work load is a lot tougher than most would expect. She's always elegant, doesn't have the airs, graces and snobbery of the rest of the firm and she doesn't scream for the limelight as other family members do. The rest can go hang.

View attachment 1560096 Especially this one...
5b97e46aa1554.jpeg
As someone who didn't know much about the brf up until a couple of years ago (became full on royal watcher right before Meghan appeared in scene) I can tell you that the more I learn about the Cambridges the more I like them (and I started thinking pretty ill of them because of the press narrative at the time) and the more I learn about everyone else (except for Anne) the less I like them.

Btw I love Sophie and I'm happy that she has learn from her very serious and problematic mistakes but her number of engagements is basically the same as William, so not that tough 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m post andropause, by about a decade. It’s slower and less intense than what you lovely ladies endure. All I can say is what a relief not to be at the mercy of hormones any longer! I also refused HRT as the side effects are too unpleasant. And you are so right about humor helping us cope.
I had a ablation done when I was 44…my period would not stop. Best thing I ever did. I stopped having my period and skipped all the side affects of menopause. I’m 56 years young.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think Camilla comes across as a nice lady & more appropriate spouse for Charles I guess.

Harry & Meghan are in Manchester now. They caught a train from London to get there.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Manchester today for a charity summit.
Meghan is set to give a speech as she and Harry appear at the One World Summit held at the Manchester Central Convention Complex, an event which brings together young leaders from more than 190 countries. Meghan is a counsellor for the organisation, alongside Justin Trudeau, Sir Richard Branson, and Jamie Oliver, among others."

Latest royal gossip is that the move to Adelaide Cottage is to facilitate the split of Kate & William - the Rose Hanbury affair just won't go away. Together in public, separated in private apparently.
Apparently that Manchester gig was £1000 per head?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
definately agree that M Petherick delayed until today. She has cut him off after such a great friendship, bringing more around her eg manor & maker etc. Into couples now. Hope he keeps up the vlogs a daily over patreon days would be great, he said he has 8 hours of filmingover 3 months which is
0.37 of the time.

IMO the family has done an intervention, he looks drugged but more prescription, the eyes are not as clear and weight gain all lead me to think prescription medicine. Florian is great had to rerun to check up on his roles. He was studying for a masters and at sometime must get on with his life which wll be devestating for Micheal.

Also agree its a shot over the bows for Philip, some comments cracked me up on (is it one of us) was thanking him for teh vlogs and hope to see his next one in 2023 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: People just keeping it honest

• Haha
Reactions: 25
oh oh please miss can I add more? Please! I recall part of SPhilips job description was interior design, well I would love love love if Micheal starts a room in Chateau, and blows her ( freudian slip his) and Stephanies designs to peices.

Unfortunately we know he is lazy so cant see it happening But one can dream. Billy throw some $$ his way and I am sure he will produce.

Reactions: 13
@Jules100 "I do hope the real life installation won’t take too long. I’d actually like it done before Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida."

So so sorry I am a tad late... I've heard real artisans take nearly a year or more to finish a major project like this...
However the installation is almost finally finished.
Please don't lean on the tiles too much as the grout needs time to dry...
Wishing you and the "15" a right 'ole knees up in the Tiki Hut.
Please enjoy a Miller Lite on me (in your new fancy glass of course) and I know your "light lunch" will be absolutely fabulous.
Thank you @Jules100 for the opportunity to volunteer work at your Southernmost Chateau!
As for me, I might just go on a little holiday...

View attachment 1559577
This is great, @tat life! It really shows the sheer volume of work you've done on the tiles, @Jules100.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.