The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
its not about the size...its what you can do with it...

btw @Lolair i quite feel the same about you remark about being woke...i am gay...i am not offended in the least by the gay remarks...inhere..so if anybody thinks i am a woman unfriendly gay...because i make remarks about pumanies etc.than they dont know me at all......i would say..ignore me and scroll on..I dont ignore anybody..i just dont reply ...and scroll on...When you have a sensable heart..or mind...or feel easily offended..close tattle...i always say what i think...and believe me...most of the time i say it more polite than i feel it...It has never harmed me..I am no suagarcoater..because it gets you nowhere..
Le Comte, sorry mate, you've lost me. Nowhere in my rant about policing did I mention wokeness, the lack of it, those making gay remarks, "pumanies" (I don't actually recognise the word) or otherwise. I personally don't like excessive wokeness as I believe in "moderation in everything, including moderation" (to quote Oscar Wilde). I do like to think I have both a sensible heart and mind and I'm extremely open. I also happen to adore you and your posts. Or have I got this wrong and you're agreeing with my entire post on policing? I'm tired, and in a great deal of pain, so it's hard to tell and my brain when I'm in pain develops a thickness I despise. BTW, it's Iolair with an i not an L. šŸ¤—

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello.
I have a question and it is not to derail the topic of conversation - patreon days and how much of a shitshow it is. There is no doubt that it wouldn't be a shitshow but just a degree of how much.

As I have watched chateau diy and the furnishing of rooms. I see some of them using period pieces for their own personal spaces. Are they really comfortable? I realize when you are decorating for your guests, you want them to experience "chateau life" as it was.

For those of you that have "period homes", either here in the US, Australia or around the world - how do you furnish your home? Are there rooms for authentic pieces but then are there rooms for lazy days? Comfy couches where you can nap, etc.?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. It crossed my mind and I figured this would be an amazing group to provide some insight.
I have a friend who decorated in a Victorian style- beautiful furniture very uncomfortable we call it the "go home" furniture because you don't want to be there very long

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Teabag is risen (again) !

I do like Teabags vlogs. It is such a waste that he went off the rails. I hope he can stay on track and I will watch with hope that he keeps to it.
I enjoyed the vlog but teabag was definitely on something. Glad to see him looking happy though

Reactions: 17
From Instagramā€¦. No one to be seen (except a drone?)

ETA: I noticed the flower pots discouraging anyone from using the terrace stepsā€¦ safety first! šŸ˜‹

43E80E32-4527-4BDA-970D-FC9553CE311F.jpeg
6D87C0DA-8FFF-4151-AEFA-A2B0C34AE6F5.jpeg
6A257128-19D4-4714-8BE8-7054C7022680.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I'm pretty sure Michael Petherick is as self centered as a gyroscope. It probably didn't even register he might be stealing Fannyā€™s thunder.
Not at all he was simply sending a message to le Phiphi that going MIA doesnā€™t mean gone forever šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Itā€™s a popular drug amongst teenagers over here. A friend off my son got hold of some 4 years ago and took quite a few each. When my son got home I could tell something was wrong and he eventually told me what he had taken. As it was around midnight I took him to A&E and was told he had taken an overdose. Terrifying experience. They monitored him and fortunately he hadnā€™t taken enough for a stomach pump. It felt like the longest night ever sat by his bed.
Oh gosh, I read this earlier and failed to reply- that must have been terrifying not knowing what would happen. Glad that you got a good ending- And hoping that made him not want to try that again! sounds like they were curious teenagers. But so scary for parents!!! šŸ˜Ø

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Hi all! I am behind alsoā€¦just wanted to check in quickly. Because today is my birthday, and also the grand opening day of Patreon Days! Itā€™s the best birthday present I could ask for! (Please - do NOT reply with a bunch of happy birthday messages and clog up the threads even more. Lolā€¦Iā€™ll never catch up. Plus, Iā€™m not Stephanie. Iā€™m 48 and itā€™s not a big deal.) Just a quick glance tells me so far there is nothing happening on Patron Days! Boo šŸ˜’! Although, I did see Michael P chose this day of ALL days to finally post a new vlogā€¦hmm. Another one very well played, Michael.

First, Iā€™ve stayed in bed reading today. Itā€™s been wonderful and the best day ever.

Second, that dress. Oh Lord. I truly think she might be wearing it backwards if it really is Erdem. I was looking at it closely and I thought she might have it on backwards because that scoop neck is sooooo low. Itā€™s also too tight on her, and Iā€™m not talking about the cleavage. It looks like the waist area has some darts or boning in it, which would make it hard to wear backwards. I just donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a designer design a scoop neck that low. If it was a deliberate plunging neckline it would be a vertical point. Hmmm. This dress has boggled my mind. Calling all experts. I tried my hardest to find it online and couldnā€™t, which leads me to believe it might be vintage.

Third, Iā€™m in the camp that can we please stop using terms like ā€œperi menopausalā€ as an insult? To me, that is the equivalent of making fun of a young woman who begins menstruating. Cheap, punching down, ugly, type of comment. Yes, I saw all the thoughts on policing. I scroll by a lot of comments I donā€™t like or agree with. This one about Stephanie being ā€œperi menopausalā€ has really bugged me. Of course she is peri menopausal. So am I - itā€™s just a fact of life. I think a lot of us are around her age on here, or have already been through menopause. Itā€™s not a funny or witty comment. I donā€™t think that anyone who states that some sensitivity needs to be established should be run off either. No need to make fun of someone who points out that something may be offensive, or may have been personally triggered by a comment. We are a very smart, witty bunch. I appreciate learning more about topics like intersex (I had never even heard that term), and the gay mysoginist article that was posted was very informative. I donā€™t think any of us would truly want to hurt anyone.

Nowā€¦I must get out of bed, and prepare to go out to dinner. Like I said, itā€™s been a great day and I feel like a slug! šŸ˜Š

We should stop tattling so Elba2008 can catch up <eg>
Thanks for your help. As it is midnight here and bedtime for me, I will just catch up with this thread and start on #175 tomorrow.
I think I will dream of a lot of HMN stuff tonight , sigh, There are better things to dream of, even at my advanced age.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Whatā€™s the probability that SJ throws the towel in on our patreon leak video tomorrow? Too busy buttering bread for dried out courgette sandwiches, plunging clogged portloos, finding missing spectacles (theyā€™re on your head Mabel) and correcting FRKā€™s pronunciation of dahlias? Surely our transvestite hooker Phyllis could rustle us up some of his best bits from the woodland hidden cams? Maybe, another cleaning video? What about a how to badly cover your bald spots up with boot polish, hair fibre and a beauty blender? How I dose my Xanax prescription to cope with the patronising abuse I receive from my girlfriend and her mother? How I snagged a narcissistic charlataine and proposed to her? Or how I helped spread Covid 19 across France in 2021? So many ideas for you gruesome twosome.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hi all! I am behind alsoā€¦just wanted to check in quickly. Because today is my birthday, and also the grand opening day of Patreon Days! Itā€™s the best birthday present I could ask for! (Please - do NOT reply with a bunch of happy birthday messages and clog up the threads even more. Lolā€¦Iā€™ll never catch up. Plus, Iā€™m not Stephanie. Iā€™m 48 and itā€™s not a big deal.) Just a quick glance tells me so far there is nothing happening on Patron Days! Boo šŸ˜’! Although, I did see Michael P chose this day of ALL days to finally post a new vlogā€¦hmm. Another one very well played, Michael.

First, Iā€™ve stayed in bed reading today. Itā€™s been wonderful and the best day ever.

Second, that dress. Oh Lord. I truly think she might be wearing it backwards if it really is Erdem. I was looking at it closely and I thought she might have it on backwards because that scoop neck is sooooo low. Itā€™s also too tight on her, and Iā€™m not talking about the cleavage. It looks like the waist area has some darts or boning in it, which would make it hard to wear backwards. I just donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a designer design a scoop neck that low. If it was a deliberate plunging neckline it would be a vertical point. Hmmm. This dress has boggled my mind. Calling all experts. I tried my hardest to find it online and couldnā€™t, which leads me to believe it might be vintage.

Third, Iā€™m in the camp that can we please stop using terms like ā€œperi menopausalā€ as an insult? To me, that is the equivalent of making fun of a young woman who begins menstruating. Cheap, punching down, ugly, type of comment. Yes, I saw all the thoughts on policing. I scroll by a lot of comments I donā€™t like or agree with. This one about Stephanie being ā€œperi menopausalā€ has really bugged me. Of course she is peri menopausal. So am I - itā€™s just a fact of life. I think a lot of us are around her age on here, or have already been through menopause. Itā€™s not a funny or witty comment. I donā€™t think that anyone who states that some sensitivity needs to be established should be run off either. No need to make fun of someone who points out that something may be offensive, or may have been personally triggered by a comment. We are a very smart, witty bunch. I appreciate learning more about topics like intersex (I had never even heard that term), and the gay mysoginist article that was posted was very informative. I donā€™t think any of us would truly want to hurt anyone.

Nowā€¦I must get out of bed, and prepare to go out to dinner. Like I said, itā€™s been a great day and I feel like a slug! šŸ˜Š
I said that about the peri menopause (and I am peri menopausal too) it is not an insult or an ugly comment it is just a fact, she will be at her age and that can account for a bigger bust. Happy Birthday I will say that as I have already posted a reply

Reactions: 11

Just for the record, I'm post menopausal and not sensitive about it all! I generally like to use humor when discussing life's less than pleasant stages. It helps me deal with things and not take myself too seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi all! I am behind alsoā€¦just wanted to check in quickly. Because today is my birthday, and also the grand opening day of Patreon Days! Itā€™s the best birthday present I could ask for! (Please - do NOT reply with a bunch of happy birthday messages and clog up the threads even more.)
šŸŽ‚šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³ (Yes, there are 15 little celebratory smileys)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Just for the record, I'm post menopausal and not sensitive about it all! I generally like to use humor when discussing life's less than pleasant stages. It helps me deal with things and not take myself too seriously.
Iā€™m post andropause, by about a decade. Itā€™s slower and less intense than what you lovely ladies endure. All I can say is what a relief not to be at the mercy of hormones any longer! I also refused HRT as the side effects are too unpleasant. And you are so right about humor helping us cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm wondering if Fanny's decolletage dress is vintage Dolce & Gabbana? I haven't been able to find it, but it looks similar to some of their vintage designs. I don't think it's English with that neckline, Italian, very possible! The bodice is supposed to fit very close to the body. It's a cocktail dress.

Reactions: 12
To all of you well-spoken, articulate MENSA-type Tattlers,
What is the big, fancy, archaic word for that "meh" feeling after the heavy build-up of a big event? I can't recall it; I just know it's not "nothing burger."
Thanks!
Life has taught me not to get too excited or get my hopes up about anything.
Are you thinking of saturnine? Or perhaps bathos? It could be simply anti-climactic disenchantment... or melancholia? It's so frustrating to be searching for a word that you know but cannot retrieve. Do let us know if you remember it? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm wondering if Fanny's decolletage dress is vintage Dolce & Gabbana? I haven't been able to find it, but it looks similar to some of their vintage designs. I don't think it's English with that neckline, Italian, very possible! The bodice is supposed to fit very close to the body. It's a cocktail dress.
Can you do a reverse image search?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.