The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would do it.
I would too.... nut... what if there are so few people there that any leaks or posts could easily be traced back and expose identities? Process of elimination and all that. That could explain the radio silence.

Reactions: 24
They are all extremely busy with the canapés, the champagne, homemade sorbets, cocktails, perambulating under the pergola....or maybe still in Ye Olde Junke Shoppe? No time for chatter, darlings! 😁 :ROFLMAO: 🥰
Shuddering to think what the canapés could possibly be. Is there such a thing as plouc cuisine in France, as there is white trash cooking in the US? What could Jarvis serve to her guests which lets them know exactly what she thinks of them?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hello.
I have a question and it is not to derail the topic of conversation - patreon days and how much of a shitshow it is. There is no doubt that it wouldn't be a shitshow but just a degree of how much.

As I have watched chateau diy and the furnishing of rooms. I see some of them using period pieces for their own personal spaces. Are they really comfortable? I realize when you are decorating for your guests, you want them to experience "chateau life" as it was.

For those of you that have "period homes", either here in the US, Australia or around the world - how do you furnish your home? Are there rooms for authentic pieces but then are there rooms for lazy days? Comfy couches where you can nap, etc.?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. It crossed my mind and I figured this would be an amazing group to provide some insight.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm not current on reading these posts so something has probably been said, but I had to log on after suffering through the Marquis apartment reveal. When I was at the farm, I tried to converse with Fanny about Aubusson after spending a day there including a lot of time at the museums. She had nothing to say about it - crickets... now she wants her viewers to believe that she is honoring the rich tradition of tapestry in France by plastering paper images from an English manor on her very French walls. The residents of Aubusson would have mustard coming out of their noses (la moutarde me monte au nez) if they stumbled upon this wretched room. And do I need to point out that the "theme" of Venus and Adonis is a projection of Fanny's fantasy world? Watch out "Adonis fancy pants" - you don't want to do any hunting in that forest. Oh and if you're reading this "cuz", you are not "restoring" the chateau. You're decorating it. Your skills would be put to better use in a listed property. You are a genius, but I hope you're aware that you are being used to feed the ego of a malignant narcissist (which it could be argued is what the original master carpenters were doing in the 1700s.) The word FOLLY comes to mind - the folly of decorating a room when the walls are crumbling all around it just to satisfy the whimsy of a pampered child-woman. So sad. And that coving is WAY OVER THE TOP (pun intended) for that room. The whole thing is ridiculous. Such a waste of time, money, energy, and capital. It's Fanny holding the chateau on her fingertips as it tips askew on its foundations - Derek's painting more prescient than ever. And I want to thank this forum for being the place where I can admit to belly-aching laughter when phi phi arrived hovering a framed painting over the fireplace while all around him are actual hard-working people, sweating bullets to satisfy Venus. (I have to point out too that screwing on an outlet plate is not electrical work phi phi. Sorry. It's just not.) One year, one room...tens of thousands of dollars of other people's money. All the Gavin Luke music in the world being played over your ridiculous folly does not make this a worthy endeavor.
good to see you back xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Doing it ourselves - i had forgotten how lovely M is when he isn't high as a 🪁. Florian was so cute i would subscribe his onlyfans. Hope he gets regular blowies from Michael.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Food poisoning! :eek: Ass bread. Mouldy chutney. Dried up Tapenade. Dana's Falafels.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Hello.
I have a question and it is not to derail the topic of conversation - patreon days and how much of a shitshow it is. There is no doubt that it wouldn't be a shitshow but just a degree of how much.

As I have watched chateau diy and the furnishing of rooms. I see some of them using period pieces for their own personal spaces. Are they really comfortable? I realize when you are decorating for your guests, you want them to experience "chateau life" as it was.

For those of you that have "period homes", either here in the US, Australia or around the world - how do you furnish your home? Are there rooms for authentic pieces but then are there rooms for lazy days? Comfy couches where you can nap, etc.?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. It crossed my mind and I figured this would be an amazing group to provide some insight.
I have an old house, and a rather eclectic decorating style, including antiques, my biedermeier sofa is actually super comfy!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Shuddering to think what the canapés could possibly be. Is there such a thing as plouc cuisine in France, as there is white trash cooking in the US? What could Jarvis serve to her guests which lets them know exactly what she thinks of them?
Brussel sprouts and that black, lentil muck for everyone!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Well been most of the day, now home caught up on the Tattle and am disappointed. I was hoping, expecting really some news from the front line.
Well, they'd have to regroup, debrief and pass what happened on to their compatriots who are going on days 2 and 3. It could have been a roaring success and they've been popping the Champagne since the left lieLande. For the buildup, the follow through, it could have all been extremely exhausting. For all we know, Isabelle and co are drunk celebrating, languishing in jail cells after causing a ruckus, or still partying at lieLande because "that Jarvis creature" (thank you Sinan whoever you are lolol) has opened up completely to them and has managed to turn their heads.

Or not. It's lieLande, so anythings possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I would too.... nut... what if there are so few people there that any leaks or posts could easily be traced back and expose identities? Process of elimination and all that. That could explain the radio silence.
That's a VERY good point........

1662494580880.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
"nut" should be "but"
@Jules100 I would never call you a nut!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think that it's odd that after at least three months of MIA that Michael Petherick chooses today to post a vlog? On Steff's Big Day? Stealing her thunder, or diverting attention? Hmmm...
I'm pretty sure Michael Petherick is as self centered as a gyroscope. It probably didn't even register he might be stealing Fanny’s thunder.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People in Germany for example wouldn't even know who the relatives of the last Kaiser are.
If that's the case, I am wondering why the yellow press goes absolutely crazy whenever one of them marries, goes to court over inheritance tax or even just takes a piss a the world exhibition ....

Reactions: 6
And we KNOW as soon as this fiasco is over, she and Pubes will have to go off and vacation from all the hard work that they did NOT do!
I truly think Fanny is trying to make her mom appear to be loony on these recent vlogs. Such a great daughter🙄
I agree. Fanny is subtly suggesting her mother may have dementia. The only reasons to do this is to gain complete control of Isabelle's assets, power of attorney, gain sympathy from fans, and ultimately acquire more money.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.