The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think in previous posts it has been said that the Scottish gnome is Fanny’s brother from another mother.
Jarvis timeline from the Wiki :
* Isabelle Jarvis (nee Biggio) b. 17th July 1941)
* Derek Charles Jarvis b. 23rd February 1940 d. 2009
**Isabelle & Derek married 1962/3
* Gerry Grady b. March 1960
* Stephanie b. 18th Aug. 1975

I too think there is a possibility that Gerry is a brother from another mother. He was born at least 2-3 years before DJ and IJ married.
His mother worked as a cleaner at the Jarvis' previous place of employment, before they bought the nursing home in 1983.
Apparently DJ was the manager of a nursing home in Glasgow, opposite to where Gerry lived.
He talks about his mother (who is still alive) but never any mention of a father being around way back then.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
YouTube. The comments on a certain up and coming channel’s latest video.
So, I checked the comments over there, and indeed there are some strange TL rules, no moderation allowed, but people can be kicked off, when someone decides to report them? Take it or leave it I guess, but lately I've been skipping a lot of comments here, which probably would be better off in other TL forums (in particular the never-ending saga of the british royals), and shaking my head in disbelief about body shaming being totally O.K...Report me too, if you want to, I'll still read the comments about the patreon daze anyway, because that is what I'm curious about. I hope there will be only a summary at the end, or reports that do not put our undercover tatlers in danger of being discovered.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My dad left Scotland when he was in his late teens. Always retained his Scottish accent.
I literally heard him talking to SJ in one of the episodes. He said he was pub? Somewhere in Scotland. They were speaking English but he could not understand a word they said😂 that was right after or right before I watch uncharted on Netflix and I cracked up.

So, I checked the comments over there, and indeed there are some strange TL rules, no moderation allowed, but people can be kicked off, when someone decides to report them? Take it or leave it I guess, but lately I've been skipping a lot of comments here, which probably would be better off in other TL forums (in particular the never-ending saga of the british royals), and shaking my head in disbelief about body shaming being totally O.K...Report me too, if you want to, I'll still read the comments about the patreon daze anyway, because that is what I'm curious about. I hope there will be only a summary at the end, or reports that do not put our undercover tatlers in danger of being discovered.
Didn't she say it would be in Thursday's video? I really so not care about what's going on there today. Skip by the Royal *******. Life too short. You should have been here for the oatmeal ******* and the Clotted Cream scandal of 2021. I doubt she lets anyone post on it before her

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I literally heard him talking to SJ in one of the episodes. He said he was pub? Somewhere in Scotland. They were speaking English but he could not understand a word they said😂 that was right after or right before I watch uncharted on Netflix and I cracked up.

Didn't she say it would be in Thursday's video? I really so not care about what's going on there today. Skip by the Royal *******. Life too short. You should have been here for the oatmeal ******* and the Clotted Cream scandal of 2021. I doubt she lets anyone post on it before her
I enjoy the more informative food-related comments, I have learned so much about clotted cream, oatmeal, pies etc :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
To all of you well-spoken, articulate MENSA-type Tattlers,
What is the big, fancy, archaic word for that "meh" feeling after the heavy build-up of a big event? I can't recall it; I just know it's not "nothing burger."
Thanks!
Life has taught me not to get too excited or get my hopes up about anything.
Disillusioned? Disenchanted?

What the duck is she wearing? Are there no grown ups in the UK Gov?
Oh dear! This woman is either blind or poorly advised about what's appropriate for this event. I personally despise this look of wearing your bikini/underwear with a shear covering in public. It's a wonder we haven't seen Fanny romp around in such an abomination, we may yet. Mon dieu!

He really doesn't. He doesn't even understand when he hears a Scottish man speak. This is English. THis cracks me up every time

I was watching a couple from Scotland build a B&B in Spain. I couldn't understand hardly anything the woman was saying!

• Haha
black.jpeg

I'm not deliberately searching for distraction but this came up on my FB newsfeed.
For those who want to marry in black.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Helllo! Welcome! Thanks for your suggestions on setting us straight.😉

• Haha
[IMG alt="Green Fairy"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/201/201923.jpg?1657487311[/IMG]
Green Fairy
VIP Member

16 minutes ago
Le Baiseur said:
To all of you well-spoken, articulate MENSA-type Tattlers,
What is the big, fancy, archaic word for that "meh" feeling after the heavy build-up of a big event? I can't recall it; I just know it's not "nothing burger."
Thanks!
Life has taught me not to get too excited or get my hopes up about anything.
Disillusioned? Disenchanted?
🤗

Hay, "Nothing burger" works for me

Reactions: 4
Just made a check of the usual subjects Insta pages and it would appear no one is leaking any info. Wonder if they’ve been “told”.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Underwhelmed…

Also a redhead after a fashion. Dark auburn to be technical. Descends through the maternal line for me. That part of the family comes from Yorkshire, England near Midgley. My eyes are hazel though, the color of ridiculously expensive scotch whiskey. Sadly the hair fell out 35 years ago.😱
Skin is in. 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.