The Chateau Diaries #174 ''It wasn't $6,000, It was $5,000!'' said the insane chatelaine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @MarquisOfNadaillac & @billybudd for naming the thread (I combined your suggestions creatively)

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

citysunrise

Yesterday at 1:36 AM
Hi all, first post here. I’m a CD ex-patron, long-time lurker, finally at my wit's end and need to talk about it.

I used to love watching CD. I was completely sucked in during a very stressful period in the pandemic. I didn’t mind being a low-tier patron simply for the extra content, as it was a great escape after a long day working in the COVID ward. But over time, I began to get strange vibes I couldn’t explain. The grabeaux channel appeared and put a bad taste in my mouth. Once I found tattle and once I realized what was ACTUALLY going on at the chateau, it all started making sense. Her dysfunctional sexual relationships with the various men who frequent the vlogs, including her employees (ew - and illegal, non?). The fake interactions between her family members. The poor-me lie she is selling to bring in the $$$.

Her relationship with Philip has made the vlog actively unpleasant to watch. I was weirded out by the age difference and the co-dependent mechanisms of their relationship (his serving as a young arm decoration, and her serving as a giant dollar sign/share in a french chateau in his eyes). Do you remember the point where she began to chuckle/snort-laugh like he does? Absolutely made my ears bleed. Since Philip has taken over, the videos are about shopping for clutter and overpriced tacky decor. Stephanie’s charm has evaporated and the lie she has been weaving no longer sells. She is chasing a grandiose dream of luxury, Louboutins, and elevated social standing and she is taking advantage of vulnerable and lonely people to pay the way for her. Posting the fake birthday shoes for all to see? A new low and a giant middle finger to all of the people who financially support her.

• Heart
Reactions:You, Petit Sange, Trollda and 75 others

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member

Tuesday at 5:14 AM
I have to say, this group has been a great distraction for me through a terrible time. My mother was fighting cancer at the start of the pandemic, I was also deeply concerned for my business prospects and it was at that time I found CD. The scales dropped from my eyes after finding Tattle and especially Clara after Michael’s meltdown. Since that time I came here everyday to see what new thing the insane chatelain had done.

Also since that time my mother recovered from her cancer, but ultimately entered hospice care nearly a year ago for COPD and emphysema related difficulties. In between a ton of grief and despair I come here and am entertained, flabbergasted, shocked, sickened, angered, and bemused. It has been a great distraction. I haven’t really wanted to say anything about all this going on with me. It’s been a little over two weeks now, but my mom passed away. I was with her when she went, and she was peaceful.

I guess I’m mentioning it now because I’m just finding that I associate all of this with her decline and passing away. It’s like the two things are all twined together now. It’s helped me keep my mind off of terrible things and I’m really grateful for it. On the other hand, now I feel like I am waiting to see some sort of justice for all the people Jarvis has scammed, to kind of put this horrible chapter of my life to rest. I’ve been waiting and waiting and I surely hope there is comeuppance for her next month. I’d really like to know that we had a part in it and that she is over. I kind of need it to be over to shut the door if you know what I mean.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, Petit Sange, Rame and 75 others

Jules100

VIP Member

Monday at 6:29 AM
@MrsPoker
BD331F9E-A5CA-4A8E-8077-45AE65210F32.jpeg

@Sookiesweets
25AF1E28-BAD7-4670-A432-C9B016F9D8C5.jpeg

@Lady Lindy
C1AC9D58-2EE3-484D-92EF-CC1CD305C082.jpeg

@vitanova
99ABCFC1-5F03-47AB-B8C7-BDA610C3ED7E.jpeg

@BigGreenMeany
F55E6F28-730B-464A-8622-8491D4DA3C19.jpeg

Literally just a few left!❤

• Heart
Reactions:You, lolander, HarpyCamper and 61 others

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Tuesday at 3:59 PM

7c818fbd-1d52-4e17-8e8c-fa8c4e7be03b_text.gif

Robin Lots

18 minutes ago
This does not sound good it is very questionable. How can you say what you are doing is charitable you give the same company 6,000 in the name of charity that gifts you a vase that costs 6,000. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

lucyvanpelt

1 hour ago
Charity my ass! You "buy" a $6000 unbelievably ugly vase from that exploitative outfit in South Africa, then a few months later send them a "charitable" donation of $6000? They get a bunch of exposure, you get an atrocious vase, and they get a "donation" to support their "charitable" foundation that appears to only prepare young people for demeaning careers in low-wage jobs creating culturally-appropriated images for the financial benefit of a white lady. Why people send you anything except a one way ticket to jail is beyond me.

Yel I

28 minutes ago
It stinks. The whole channel should stop.

Yel I
5 hours ago
You really should stop this channel now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:You, Petit Sange, agualilas@ and 58 others

jojonz

Monday at 10:03 AM
well things moving very fast here missing a lot of the tattle.

here are my views Philip was downright rude, condesending and ignorant to IJ hereare some new flowers here Isobel the smug look and conversation about her knocking on door. He is picking up on SJ putdowns and thinks it is appropiate to join in.

To put down a woman who is likely to be older than his grandmother and sit in the front seat and allow a man older than his beloved grandfather crunch up in backseat shows his disrepect for them both.

Look I can take the p*ss out of my mother, Ican be annoyed at her, but it is not anyones place to follow. I am the one who has a lifetime relationship with her. Philip is treading in dangerous waters.

The whole filming while putting on his pants and unsual belt was to get us to notice he had a belt to look, to also give him a manly look like her had just finished servicing her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions:You, lolander, HarpyCamper and 57 others

Check The Wiki and Happy Tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sorry didn't finish this off @Clara Burnett why does Fanny not see she is bringing about her own demise? Does she just not care? Does she like living on the edge? Does she think she will continue indefinitely to get away with it? Does she have an exit strategy?

Because she has financial security - her mother and Percy's fortune along with her own London home and YT following are there to fall back upon if all goes tits up with Patreon. She isn't worried hence why she dances so close to the fire. If anything I bet SJ would be relieved to be rid of the obligations and torment of Patreon - it's caused her the greatest trouble in terms of moral accountability. If she were without the donations we wouldn't have any grounds to hold to her account because the money that she did spend would be rightfully hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So she has more patrons but their contributions are getting a lot lower. People not prepared to be the higher contributors when sweet FA is getting done. They now learn again that the Chapel is on hold. Lake probably needing survey 2,050. Facade no word. Heating 3 log burners. China pantry on hold. Her office on hold. Big Sitting room just left in a state of chaos for 9 months. Natty's apartment on hold. Geris' apartment on hold. Potty's tower plastered but not painted. Marquis apartment nearly finished just need some new felt tips. Pink Shower room on hold. Van purchased never seen again. Terrace on hold (well if it doesn't fall down). Ian the longest hernia in history. Accountant never mentioned anymore. Oiseaux wallpaper nothing done. Floral curtains in one of the guest suites still up and clashing dreadfully. She needs to go into politics because she relies on everyone having a very short memory.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
So Stephanie is only talking about the first vaulted ceiling area inside the chapel as having a keystone that moved and has cracks around it being a problem? She’s not talking about the front exterior of the chapel that has a keystone that moved and has cracks that was noticed here months ago?

Looks dangerous to be inside the chapel to me. So sweet of Stephanie to allow that couple to exchange vows inside recently. Such a lovely host to allow Philip to give Simon a long, special tour of the chapel. Dan was in there messing around not too long ago too. No care for the guests and employees on her property. No insurance either, I’m sure.

Also, let’s not forget about the exterior vertical cracks that are visible up around the attic of the chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Thank you to @ComtesseRose for setting up the new thread. Congratulations to all responsible for the top, on trend thread title.

And here we go... weeee

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Meanwhile, our drought continues. I do hope they are NOT watering that bloody English garden.
Here's another chapel.
chapel.jpeg

A picture taken on August 19, 2022 shows the Saint-Michel Chapel on a small island in the middle of the Serre-Ponçon lake, in Savine le Lac in French Alps as water level decreased 14 meters due to the drought. JOEL SAGET / AFP

Le Monde (EN version) Climate change and the French: The summer that ended indifference -

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Thank you once again ComtesseRose........ I do not know how to do the threads but so glad you do !!

Always a great job! (y):love:

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Meanwhile, our drought continues. I do hope they are NOT watering that bloody English garden.
Here's another chapel.
View attachment 1526693

A picture taken on August 19, 2022 shows the Saint-Michel Chapel on a small island in the middle of the Serre-Ponçon lake, in Savine le Lac in French Alps as water level decreased 14 meters due to the drought. JOEL SAGET / AFP

Le Monde (EN version) Climate change and the French: The summer that ended indifference -
This view of the chapel in le lac de serre ponçon is pretty much the normal view. I mentioned the lac de serre ponçon several threads back when a post was made of the Loire river (which, I believe, turned out to be one of it's many tributaries and was stated to look like this most summers, sorry I forget who made that post), as we pass it several times a year in both directions. You can also generally view the old bridges and roadways as well as the tree stumps of the old hedges. This is a year round phenomenon. The levels of the lac de serre ponçon are controlled rigidly. You will probably find similar posts on the internet regarding le lac ste. croix which is between the dept., of Var and the dept., of Alpes de Hautes Provence. Both very popular tourist destinations. And both rigidly controlled barages (dammed lakes).

I once read that 99% of information on the internet is false. Remember the photograph during covid of rowed up coffins of covid victims in Bologna? That photograph then went on to be claimed by a number of towns, according to internet news, and was then later proved to be false.

A large pinch of salt...

Shall we move in from the global drought, we all know it's happening, and get back to fanny and her misdemeanors and maybe only discuss the drought in terms of her waste of water. Just a polite suggestion.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Chatelaine…. If you want to shut us up do a new chateau tour vlog. Walk through every room of LowLande and describe it’s current state and outline your plan and timeline to complete all of the incomplete projects.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Chatelaine…. If you want to shut us up do a new chateau tour vlog. Walk through every room of LowLande and describe it’s current state and outline your plan and timeline to complete all of the incomplete projects.
Fanny likes to keep things vague and then forget about them altogether-who can remember last time she mentioned the AWOL incompetent accountant. Seriously does she expect people to believe she has lived there nearly 20 years and can't find any decent tradesman, accountants et al

Reactions: 25
It was in Le Monde 🙄 I'll get my coat!
Please don't be offended. The news channels pick up their stories from all over the place. I'd be surprised if they had a reporter on the ground there and it was probably a sensationalist piece in a local paper. "Sensationalism" sells news.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Please don't be offended. The news channels pick up their stories from all over the place. I'd be surprised if they had a reporter on the ground there and it was probably a sensationalist piece in a local paper. "Sensationalism" sells news.
When I was in journalism school there was a saying “everybody loves a train wreck” to describe the shock and sensational nature of the industry. I hated that part, news didn’t always have to be negative but it seems we rarely hear the positive. When we do it has to be unusual or quirky.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When I was in journalism school there was a saying “everybody loves a train wreck” to describe the shock and sensational nature of the industry. I hated that part, news didn’t always have to be negative but it seems we rarely hear the positive. When we do it has to be unusual or quirky.
This is why I follow The Happy Broadcast on Instagram. More severe news I receive from my internet start page or Facebook...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Since Snorts is the Dutch wonder wouldn't the bulbs be cheaper for him to get in the Netherlands instead of buying them from a third party with the added vat and risk of customs seizure?

Reactions: 15
@lolair Thank you for your beautiful and well-informed take on Ardmore/Kwazulu.
Kent D. Fowler in previously cited monograph carefully describes the production of the traditional pots. They don't have kilns, and fire their pots in dung-fired pits, p 189.
Imagine what they could do with kilns. With clay they didn't have to go out and dig, schlep, clean, purify and temper.

Jeez, that faux tabbouleh is going right into Lalande, the Cookbook: 101 Ways to Tell Your Friends, Employees and Paying Guests to Eat Your Dust.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m surprised those workshops keep returning. There must be some back handed agreement between them. Those pianos are never tuned. The accommodation and food is dismal.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Because she has financial security - her mother and Percy's fortune along with her own London home and YT following are there to fall back upon if all goes tits up with Patreon. She isn't worried hence why she dances so close to the fire. If anything I bet SJ would be relieved to be rid of the obligations and torment of Patreon - it's caused her the greatest trouble in terms of moral accountability. If she were without the donations we wouldn't have any grounds to hold to her account because the money that she did spend would be rightfully hers.
I agree Patreon is a torment and I would go further to say it is her tax dodging foundation gimmick that has ruined it for her.
I will never understand why she didn't just pay her taxes. Whoever advised her to set up a foundation to avoid taxes did her no favors.
She wouldn't have been obliged to make promises she can't/won't keep; no manic updates or ridiculous comment below to have your say in what I do next that is just going to be ignored anyway; no Patreon day; no worry about the tax man...
In an old flog she said ad revenue brought in 200 euros at 13K subscribers, the first month of having her channel. By lockdown she was making enough money on add revenue to restore the chapel windows. That was two plus years ago... Her ad revenue now has got to be fantastic. Ad revenue was enough for her to start the renovations she claimed she was never able to do because she was too busy trying to figure out how to get food on the table.
Then along came Patreon and she was rolling in euros... But then came the foundation and accountability...
She should have collected ad revenue and Patreon, NO foundation, and paid the damn taxes! Yes she'd get half, but then all she'd have to do is toddle away laughing to the next vacation.
And by the way even after taxes she'd be making a tidy sum...
I follow so many Youtubers who just do their thing and collect, they are not making promises that they will have to back up. Some include your support makes this channel possible... Others just say thanks for watching buh bye... Guess SJ never heard a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...
Her tax dodging gimmick has ruined the tone and flavor of her channel; her broken moral compass has made her lose supporters.
It would be interesting to know how much money she has lost because viewers saw through her and dropped her like a hot potato... And how many are not jumping on the band wagon because they see her greed...
Greedy cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Only two more weeks!
I can't believe that there is not a word about Patreon day, preparations, excitement, people are coming from all over, they will spend huge money to come and see us, blah, blah, blah!
Nothing?
@Isabelle6541 Did you get any email notification?

@ComtesseRose I never say thank you for a new thread. Sorry!
Thanks for the new thread!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.